Newcomer

I'm a Loner

Chapter 35 – Newcomer

 

Finally it seemed that they would get to enjoy the peace and quiet that came with Seung Ri getting put in jail. After spending a good few hours partying, the little group split up and went their separate ways. Seohyun and Yonghwa enjoyed the celebration, but each one of them had a few things on their mind that they knew they would have to address sooner or later. Yonghwa knew that Seohyun would not be happy to find out that she was not accepted to the university she had been wanting to go to since she was a little girl. Seohyun worried that her father would not stay quiet for long. She knew that he was involved in the Seung Ri matter only making her believe he would retaliate even more.

“You don’t know how good it feels to be back at home,” Yonghwa sighed contently. It had almost been one week since he had stepped foot inside his humble apartment and it felt much longer than that. He had missed being able to sit around and do nothing, open the fridge whenever he wanted to, and especially be with Seohyun. “I missed being able to see you more though.”

“Ew, whatever happened to the Yonghwa that I met all those months back? You’re so sappy and weird now. Can I assume you have changed for the better?” Seohyun teased in response. Ever since Yonghwa had gotten out of his cramped jail cell, he had been much nicer to everyone around him. Although it was good to see him happy, it was also a little strange.

“Fine, I’ll be mean if you want me to. Last I recall, you were the one that was crying to me about how mean I was to you. I’m sorry that I can’t always give you what you want,” he groaned. Seohyun chuckled a bit and dragged him over to the couch.

“I’m so glad we could get you out of there. It’s such a relief to see you back here and not stuck inside some jail cell.” Seohyun forced Yonghwa to plop down onto the couch and brought him into a hug. “Once again, I’m sorry for disobeying you but I had to do it. I know Seung Ri is a dangerous person, but I knew he wasn’t going to do anything to me if I played my cards right.”

“I’m not mad at you for it. I will say I was a bit disappointed at first,” Yonghwa confessed. “In the end though I know you did it for me. It kind of hurts to think that I can cause you so much pain and I’m sorry. It’s a little scary to think that you are capable of doing so much for me.”

“Yeah, I’m a little scared myself. Anyways, at least we got Seung Ri out of our hair. I do believe that he will get out and try to hurt more people, but we will worry about that when the time comes. Hopefully by then he won’t be able to find us anymore.” Seohyun looked over at her boyfriend and noticed the blank stare on his face. Ever since he had gotten out of jail she had noticed there was something on his mind. Even though he did seem genuinely happy to be out of there, there was something obviously troubling him.

“Huh, sorry did you say something?” Yonghwa absent-mindedly asked. “Oh right, yeah good thing Seung Ri is in jail.”

“Are you alright Yonghwa? You seem to be really distant. Don’t give me any bull either since I can read you like a book by now,” Seohyun ordered. “I know something is up so tell me. I can tell you’re happy, but there’s also something bothering you.”

“It’s nothing. I was just wondering what we would do if Seung Ri came out for some reason,” Yonghwa lied. Seohyun bought his lies since there didn’t seem to be any other problem he knew about. “You’re a little guilty of that yourself. I saw the way you spaced out half of the time when we were in the karaoke room. What’s been bothering you?” Seohyun cursed Yonghwa for being so perceptive. Just like him, she had been deep in her thoughts trying to find a way to deal with her dad. She was sure something was bound to happen sometime soon and she had to be ready for it.

“Yeah, I was worrying about the same thing,” she lied. “Let’s just forget about him alright?” Yonghwa didn’t really seem to know about her father and she wanted it to stay like that. He had just gotten out of a troubling situation and she didn’t want him to have to deal with more trouble. Seohyun figured she would just have to deal with her father on her own.

“Yeah, we should,” Yonghwa responded in a distant voice. Yonghwa was currently worrying about how he would get Seohyun into the college she wanted to. It seemed unfair for her to not get what she wanted even though she worked so hard to achieve her goals. He on the other hand, had barely done any work and acted if the test was nothing. It would pain him to see her find out that she wasn’t going to be going to Seoul National University. Both teenagers were brought out of their thoughts when Min Jung’s voice called from behind the door.

“Oh, hi Min Jung,” Seohyun greeted when she opened the door. “What’s up?”

“I just came to stop you two from doing any naughty things,” Min Jung playfully answered. “I figured that you two would be dying to have a passionate night since you were apart from each other so long.” Ever since Min Jung had caught them in a very awkward position a few nights back she hadn’t stopped teasing them. As usual, a deep blush found its way onto the couple’s faces. “Just kidding, I needed to talk to Yonghwa about something.”

“About what?” he asked unenthusiastically. Yonghwa had a pretty good idea about what to expect when he heard her explanation, but he didn’t really want to go. He was definitely not in the mood to deal with Min Jung’s scolding. “I’m not going.”

“Yeah, you are,” Min Jung stated. “Sorry for taking him away from you Seohyun, but I need to talk to this pabo about something important. I promise I’ll bring him back soon.” Min Jung walked over to the slouching person and began to drag him towards her apartment. Yonghwa’s expression, ‘What a drag’ could not have been more appropriate at that moment.

“What do you want Min Jung?” Yonghwa asked in an annoyed tone before throwing himself down on her couch. “I have a pretty good idea what this is about but I just want to make sure I’m right.” Min Jung could tell he was trying to avoid the subject and she was not happy with him. He was a very laid back guy that just went with the flow, but that wouldn’t work in their current situation.

“Did you find out who the other person was? Do you know if we can talk them out of it?” Min Jung asked concernedly.

“Yeah, I found the other person,” Yonghwa stated nonchalantly. Min Jung’s face twisted itself into a frown when she heard him speak in such a detached manner. It almost seemed like he didn’t even care about the matter at hand.

“You almost make it sound like you don’t care about this matter. Yonghwa you have to get serious about this. This isn’t a game,” Min Jung scolded.

“Yeah, I know it’s not a game Min Jung. I’m not stupid. Just leave this matter in my hands, I won’t screw this up,” he assured her. “I already have a plan to fix this situation so don’t get involved. Like I told you a while ago, don’t mess with this. It’s good that you want to help us, but this isn’t your fight. Do you have anything else to say?”

“Who was the other person?” Min Jung asked.

“Uee,” Yonghwa answered in his nonchalant voice yet again.

“Since Uee is feeling down about having hurt Seohyun so much, don’t you think that Uee will back down? I mean, Uee is a good person now isn’t she? I’m sure she will be happy to step down and Seohyun have that spot,” Min Jung reasoned. Ever since Uee had turned over a new leaf, she had surprised everyone. Min Jung believed that Uee would definitely give up her spot at the university for Seohyun’s sake. After all Uee could get her way into any of the other universities that she wanted to.

“She can’t do that anymore.”

“What? Why not?” The situation was enough to make Min Jung want to hit Yonghwa. The way he was speaking was making her blood boil and it didn’t seem that he would be stopping any time soon.

Yonghwa stared out into a window and sighed heavily. “Uee didn’t get in either. When we took the exam I came out on top from our school. Naturally, I was given a spot without question. Uee and Seohyun had pretty similar scores, but in the end Uee got picked. Want to take a guess why?” Min Jung stared at Yonghwa with a confused look and waited to him to explain himself. “Uee got the spot by buying off some of the admissions people.”

“I knew we couldn’t trust Uee!!” Min Jung yelled angrily. “Ugh, when I see her I’m going to throw her off a large building. I don’t know why we even thought she had changed.”

“It’s not Uee’s fault. At least it isn’t now,” Yonghwa assured her. “She tried to buy off the admissions people but she got caught. In the end, the admissions staff got really angry and disqualified her from the qualification process. They also cut down our limit to one student. The dean of the university was outraged at the fact that someone tried to buy their way in again. Now I hold the only spot to get in. Don’t be mad at Uee. She’s really upset that she caused all of this. This happened before her change so don’t go and hurt her.”

“Ugh, there’s still no denying that Uee caused this problem. I won’t tell her off, but I’m still going to be mad at her.” Min Jung crossed her arms and threw herself into deep thought. The situation went from bad to worse and they had no idea how they would solve it anymore. “What are you going to do?”

“Don’t worry about that. I’m going to head back home if you have nothing else to say.” Min Jung couldn’t even bring herself to reprimand him anymore. She had an idea of what he was going to do, but she would have none of it. If he wanted to do something stupid, she would be a few steps ahead of him.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just like when Yonghwa had first arrived at the school, it seemed like everyone wanted to crowd around him. Now that Uee and Seung Ri were gone from the school, there was nobody to lead their group of snobs. The people that were once staunch defenders of the two most evil people at school were now flocking at the side of the two people they used to hate. If there was anything Yonghwa hated, it was attention. Ever since Seung Ri had been sent to jail, everyone wanted to hear the story out of Yonghwa’s mouth.

“Is it okay if I eat my lunch in peace,” Yonghwa angrily asked the fangirls flocking around him. “I don’t know why you are all here. I didn’t even do anything to get your attention so please leave me alone.” His friends laughed as they realized that it was the exact same situation as when he first came. Except this time, there were more than just a few people.

“Are you sure you won’t become the new leader of the snobs Yonghwa?” Seohyun teased. “You sure are as arrogant as they are.” Yonghwa stuffed a sandwich into his mouth before glaring at his girlfriend. “Arasso, arasso, I’ll stop.”

“Yeah you better. Anyways, I think I’m going to bail for now. These fangirls and fanboys are getting on my nerves and I need some peace and quiet.” Seohyun stared at him as he packed up his things and left the cafeteria. Although Yonghwa had opened up a lot since they first met him, he still needed his space just like before. As soon as Seohyun stood up to follow him, Min Jung pulled her back.

“Seohyun, I need you to come talk to me for as second,” Min Jung stated in a serious voice. “Comon, let’s go somewhere where we can talk.” The two girls made their way away from the crowd and found an empty classroom where they could speak without being interrupted.

“What’s wrong Min Jung? Did something happen?” Seohyun asked in a confused voice. “Is something the matter?”

“Ugh, I don’t even know where to begin,” Min Jung groaned. If only Yonghwa hadn’t been as stubborn as he usually was, this would have been a lot easier for her. As she had no idea how to start the conversation, Min Jung pulled out a white envelope and passed it to Seohyun. “Here, I need you to see this.”

“An envelope?” Seohyun took the envelope from Min Jung’s hands and read it. It was in Korean but there also seemed to be a few pages in Japanese. “This is from the University of Tokyo? Why are you giving me this?” The answers to her questions were answered as she continued reading the black writing on the neatly folded paper.

“It’s Yonghwa’s acceptance letter for the University of Tokyo,” Min Jung stated nonchalantly. “I needed to show you this before I showed it to him.” Seohyun stared at Min Jung and tried to figure out what was going on. Last time they spoke about universities, Yonghwa hadn’t said anything about applying for anything else but Seoul National University. Seohyun was sure that he would tell her if he had applied for something as big as the University of Tokyo.

“Why is Yonghwa getting a letter from the University of Tokyo?” Seohyun questioned. In her head a thousand explanations for the letter continued to swim without any sign of an answer. “He never told me anything about this. Min Jung what’s going on here?”

“Yonghwa found out that they are only allowing one student into Seoul National University from his school. Due to an unfortunate accident, they eliminated all the other students.” Min Jung avoided talking about Uee as she knew Seohyun would get upset if she found out the truth. “The dean did not approve of the accident and they’re only letting Yonghwa in. Because of this, they won’t let you go there since there’s only one spot.”

“What..?” Seohyun trailed off. She felt all her organs do a few flips inside of her while Min Jung spoke. Her heart felt like it was about to jump out of her chest and her brain was on the verge of exploding from trying to make sense of the situation. “You mean I won’t be able to go there? But what does that have to do with this acceptance letter.”

“Even before Yonghwa knew about the dean’s decision, I knew he would do something stupid. That letter is saying he can go to the University of Tokyo if he can afford it. Seohyun, Yonghwa loves you so much he is willing to give up his spot for you. He hasn’t told me yet, but I know what he’s thinking,” Min Jung assured with confidence. “I know he’s thinking about giving his spot to you. Since I knew he would do something like this, I asked my dad to get Yonghwa into the university in Tokyo.”

“So Yonghwa is going to give his spot to me? Why!?” Seohyun asked angrily. “Ugh, that idiot is going to screw his life over because of me. Min Jung we have to stop him. Comon, let’s go talk him out of it.” Seohyun turned to go find Yonghwa, only to be pulled back by Min Jung yet again.

“He won’t back down. Yonghwa got into the University of Tokyo fair and square. I just helped him get into the application process easily. If he gives up his spot to you at Seoul National University, he can still go to the University of Tokyo.  However, there’s still the problem of the tuition and living costs. Since he’s not a Japanese citizen he can’t receive financial aid from the school,” Min Jung stated sadly. Seohyun still couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Yonghwa was going to give up his spot at the school he wanted to go to just for her?

“So he doesn’t know that you got him into the University of Tokyo?” Seohyun asked hoping to get all the answers straightened out.

“No he doesn’t. I had this ready in case something like this happened. Seohyun what are you going to do?” Min Jung asked worriedly. Although Yonghwa had told her to not interfere, Min Jung couldn’t help herself. Even if Yonghwa would get really angry at her, she didn’t care.

“He won’t listen to what we say even if we try to talk him out of it. As much as I want to stop Yonghwa from doing something stupid, don’t you think this is a better deal? The University of Tokyo is the best school in all of Asia. He would get a very good education there. I don’t want to lose him, but I think this will be for the best.” Min Jung had to admit that she agreed. If Yonghwa did end up giving his spot away to Seohyun, he would get to go to the finest university on their side of the world.

“Are you really sure you want that Seohyun? You have to make up your mind now. If you want to keep Yonghwa, stop him from leaving his spot at Seoul National University. You can still talk him out of it. I think he’s going to talk to the dean of admissions tomorrow, so try to talk him out of it,” Min Jung begged. Min Jung wanted nothing more than Yonghwa’s happiness and she knew that if he left to Tokyo he wouldn’t be happy. Even if he did receive the best education he could, he wouldn’t be happy if he wasn’t next to Seohyun.

“No, Min Jung I can’t do that,” Seohyun confessed in a soft voice. “If Yonghwa wants to do something like that, he won’t stop until he gets what he wants. If this ends up happening we will have to be apart, but that doesn’t matter. Yonghwa will end up in a better place if he ends up at Tokyo. Although, it seems like I want him to give me his spot, this is the best way. You already know we won’t be able to stop him. Deep down you already knew this so that’s why you got this acceptance letter ready.”

“I know that it will be hard, but we have to try,” Min Jung pleaded. “Please, Seohyun talk him out of it. What good will it do him to be at a good school? If he’s not with you he will be miserable. Please, stop him.”

“Thanks for helping us with this Min Jung, but from here on out, this is my territory. I really appreciate you getting your dad to help Yonghwa out. I don’t know what we would have done without you.” Seohyun walked over to her newest best friend and gave her a tearful hug. “I’ll confront Yonghwa about this when we get home. I’ll be sure to make this all work out.”

“Seohyun, are you really willing to let Yonghwa go far away? I know education is important, but are you really going to let him give everything up? He can’t even pay for the school. My dad strictly forbade me from giving Yonghwa a single cent. How would he even pay for it?” All of Min Jung’s concerns were valid, but to Seohyun there was no other way.

“Don’t worry about the money, I’ll fix that up. I’ll make it seem like he won some sort of scholarship so he doesn’t know it’s me. If Yonghwa finds out that I did give him that money he will be angry. Min Jung, I can’t thank you enough for helping Yonghwa out like this,” Seohyun thanked sincerely. The crying girl wiped the tears out of her eyes and stuffed the envelope in her bag. “Once I know that Yonghwa gave up his spot, I’ll give him the news.”

“Seohyun, I’ll tell you again, rethink this. I know I gave you that acceptance letter, but that’s only a last resort. Don’t let Yonghwa give up his spot. You have to keep him from leaving Korea and let him stay with you,” Min Jung supplicated desperately.

“Bye Min Jung. Thanks for everything again.” Seohyun ran out of the classroom and decided to allow Yonghwa to go through with his plan. Even if it would cost them time to be together, it was for the best. Seohyun cursed herself for allowing everything to come out as if it were a cliché drama that you watch every night, but there didn’t seem to be any way out of it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“I wonder what she wants,” Seohyun asked herself while staring at the text on her phone. She was already planning on visiting her dad in order to see what he was planning. Seohyun hadn’t expected her mom to text her saying that there was an urgent situation at the house. Since she was already heading there anyways, she supposed she could see what was so big that her mom had bothered to text her.

“Joohyun!” her mom cried when she stepped in the door. “Hurry, go into the office quickly!” The ahjumma grabbed hold of her daughter’s arms and dragged her towards the place the man of the house spent his free time in. “You really couldn’t have come at a better time.”

“What’s wrong?” Seohyun asked the excited woman. “What’s so important that you needed me to come here so quickly?” Instead of answering her mom continued to pull her towards the room at the end of the long hallway. Once the two women crossed the doorway, Seohyun almost dropped to her knees at the sight.

“Yo, it’s been a while little sis,” a male voice greeted. “How’s it going?”

“Soo Hyun oppa..?” Seohyun questioned. “Mom am I dreaming or is my brother really standing in this room right now?” Seohyun’s mother pinched her daughter’s arm to indicate that she was in fact awake and not dreaming. “Oppa what are you doing here right now? Where have you been for all these years?”

“I’ll explain that all in a bit. Let’s go out into the garden to get some fresh air. I can’t stand being trapped inside this house,” her older brother suggested.

“Yah! Young man, you dare come into my house and disrespect me the way you did? After I begged you to take my spot at the head of the company, you will still be ungrateful?” the man of the house roared. “If you don’t take my offer now, I’ll never let you take over for me.”

“Father, I already told you that I would take your position only if you allow me to do things my way. Your way of doing business greatly clashes with mine. If you don’t wish for a stranger to take away your company then you will do great in letting me take over. Excuse me while I go talk to Seohyun for a while. I’ll give you time to come to a conclusion,” Soo Hyun calmly stated. “Comon, let’s get out of here.”

After a short, but quiet, walk to the backyard, the siblings sat under a shaded tree to talk. “Soo Hyun, I have so much to ask you I don’t even know where to begin.” Soo Hyun smiled sadly when he saw tears forming in his little sister’s eyes. Just as he had done so all those years back, he took his thumb and wiped away the tears that threatened to stain her pretty face.

“I see you’re still a crybaby as always. Comon, Seohyun what happened to when you told me that you would be a big girl? It’s been almost 6 years and you’re still crying like a big baby,” Soo Hyun joked.

“Pabo! Seo Soo Hyun you’re a bastard! Why did you leave all those years back? Do you know how lonely I was without you? You were the only person in this house that treated me as if I was a living person. Father and Mother shifted all their anger and attention to me. Do you know how much I hated living here when you were gone?”

“I know and I’m really sorry. I know I let you down when I left without you, but I had no other choice. If I didn’t leave when I had, Father could have seriously hurt Jun Mi. She was also pregnant so I couldn’t have him hurt my son,” Soo Hyun explained.

“Eh?! You got her pregnant too? Then again, I should have expected it when I kept catching you guys doing naughty things when you were alone,” Seohyun teased. “So where is Jun Mi now? What about my nephew?”

“Jun Mi is at her mom’s place in Incheon. I couldn’t risk bringing her here or else Father would do something to her. I wish you could have met my son, Joon Hyun, but I couldn’t risk him coming here either.” Once she saw her brother’s face sadden, Seohyun regretted complaining to him. If anyone was hurting in this situation it was him. After all, he couldn’t even bring his son to see his grandparents.  “Anyways, Father called me asking me to take over for him. I find it weird that he would drop that great pride of his and beg me to come back.”

“The stockholders are breathing down his neck every day for it. I think he will give into your demands no matter how big they are. He won’t let a stranger take over the company,” Seohyun assured him. “Anyways, what are you planning to do now?”

“I think I’ll take over and change up everything he’s done. I hate his company and I want nothing more than to bring it crashing down. However, this is not only for me, but for our family. I’ll take over, but I’ll definitely shape it the way I want to. Some may call me an idealist, but I don’t care. I can’t stand seeing the company in the state that it is now and I will bring it into a golden age.” At that moment Seohyun realized why she loved her brother so much. He was always so resolute and he never gave into the enemy even if all the odds were against him. If she really thought about it, Soo Hyun reminded her an awful lot of Yonghwa.

“When will that be?” Seohyun asked hopefully. At first she was planning to submit herself to her father’s will in order to get money. Since Yonghwa had no way to pay to go to the University of Tokyo, she supposed she would ask her father for the money. If she could disguise it as a scholarship, then Yonghwa would be able to go to Tokyo. Now that Soo Hyun would be in charge, Seohyun was put at ease. It would be much easier to get money from her brother than her father.

“I think sometime this week. I’ll be sure to start changing things immediately. Our country depends on us to keep a stable economy, yet we do nothing for the people. I’ll be sure to give away to charity, something our father has never done. It might bring our company down for the first few months, but I’m sure that once all of South Korea, and even Asia, sees just how amazing we are, we will come back bigger than ever,” Soo Hyun firmly responded. Seohyun wished she could have her brother’s determination. She had been able to show such resolve a few times, but her brother and Yonghwa were definitely the kings in that area.

“Oh, that’s nice,” Seohyun answered unenthusiastically. She honestly had no intentions of dealing with a company that had done nothing but ruin her family. All she wanted to do was ask her brother for the money, but it was awkward for her. They had just met after six years and she didn’t want to ask him for any favors so quickly.

“Mom told me about you living with that Yonghwa guy. I see you’ve grown up well,” Soo Hyun pointed out proudly. “I’m so proud of you for leaving this tainted house. I’m glad you can see that money isn’t everything Seohyun. I may have struggled so much to feed my son and wife, but every second is worth it. Seohyun, never let that man go. I’m saying this from experience.”

“Soo Hyun, stop it,” Seohyun giggled. “You’re embarrassing me.” Hearing her brother praise her made a small blush show up on her cheeks. It had been so long since she had been comforted in such a gentle and warm manner.

“It’s true. Now, you have to keep at it. Never give into Father’s demands. No matter how hard he makes your life, never let yourself fall. If the whole world is against you, you have to stay strong. Jun Mi and I fought so much over the period of time we struggled. We broke up so many times, but each time we came back together, we were stronger than ever. Even though we shared more frowns than we did smiles, it was worth it. I know you came here because you were going to beg father for something,” Soo Hyun told her. “I’m right aren’t I?”

“Yeah, we’re going through a crisis and I needed his help. Now that I listen to you, I think I was being stupid again. It wouldn’t be the first time,” Seohyun insulted herself.

“What do you need?”

“Yonghwa got into Seoul National University and he can go there without any problems. However, I didn’t get in and he’s planning to give his spot to me. A friend of ours got Yonghwa into the University of Tokyo, but he can’t pay for it. I came here to get money from Father so Yonghwa could go to Japan in peace,” Seohyun explained to her brother.

“Hyun, I won’t tell you what to do, but think this through. Is this what you really want? I hope you really figure out what your heart wants before taking this decision. If you do decide to go through with this, then I think we found our first charity case,” Soo Hyun beamed. Seohyun looked up from the floor she was staring at and gave her brother a surprised look.

“You mean..?”

“Yeah, I’ll get the money once I take over. I should have it by the time you need it, so don’t worry. I’ll be sure to give Yonghwa the first ever donation from our company.” Seohyun threw herself onto her brother happily upon hearing his words. At that moment it seemed like two birds were killed with one stone. Now that Soo Hyun was taking over the company, her father would be out of the way. Soo Hyun would keep that evil man far too busy for him to interfere in the relationship. Also, once her brother took over, she would be able to give Yonghwa enough money to go to Tokyo without problems. Although they still had to talk about it, Seohyun supposed they would cross that bridge once they reached it.

 

 

Author’s Note: My update is a tad late. I’m updating at 2:00pm my time when I usually update from 10:00am – 12:00pm my time so sorry!! The oldest of my younger brothers doesn’t have school anymore and he has sat here criticizing me about being a weirdo for liking Kpop so much. He says I’m an obsessive fan but whatever. I hope everyone spent their days without updates having fun. I was actually going to update over the weekend but my cousin decided it was cool to live at my house for three days.

Yay Seohyun’s bro is here! I actually was just going to give him a cameo, but in the end I’m giving him a larger role. He will be around for a while, so I hope I satisfied everyone’s expectations of him. I know a lot of you guys were asking if he was going to be showing up. Seohyun’s dad will be taken care of soon, so don’t worry about him.

I’m not going to end this story yet, since I still have a bunch of stuff planed. More dragging on, but I think I will make it not too bad. Once I get to the end I will give you all a fair warning. I’m actually planning on having two (not one, but two, you read it right) fanfics going on at the same time after this one. I have two stories I’m itching to write out and I will have both ready to go as soon as this one ends. I still need ideas for one of them in terms of characters but I will have that done by then.

 

So I think I’ll explain something since it seems to be confusing:

Seohyun can’t go to Seoul National University because they’re only allowing one person to go from their school.

Yonghwa got that spot, but he’s thinking of giving it to Seohyun.

Min Jung knew that would happen so she got Yonghwa into the University of Tokyo.

Now, Seohyun and Yonghwa have to talk to each other about it, while Seohyun waits for her brother to give her the money so Yonghwa can go there.

Finally my long note is over. I’ll update soon.