My Valentine

I'm a Loner

Chapter 25 – My Valentine

 

 

The relationship that had been built up in the past few months was deteriorating at an alarming speed. No longer could the pair of awkward teenagers play around or sit and talk about things that they did during the day. Ever since the day Yonghwa decided to keep his distance from Seohyun after he kissed her, nothing had been the same. To make matters worse Min Jung was also thinking about going after Yonghwa, something Seohyun wasn’t too comfortable with. Valentine’s Day was right around the corner and everyone would be eager to give chocolates, however, the three in the love triangle had more important matters to attend to.

Had it not been for Seohyun’s stubbornness, they might have actually made some sort of progress in their relationship. Ever since she told him that she still loved her boyfriend, Yonghwa had decided it was best to back off. He wasn’t someone that would try to take a taken girl. Matters became worse once Seohyun actually started dating Seung Ri, in spite of Yonghwa. Although she knew they weren’t real dates, Yonghwa did not know this. Eventually her going out to a date with Seung Ri became a normal thing that Yonghwa had to learn to deal with.

“Aren’t you going to go out on a date with your boyfriend?” Yonghwa asked dryly. Conversation was usually limited and short in those days. Had they not been at the kitchen table at the same time, Yonghwa wouldn’t even have tried to talk to her. Even though they lived in the same house with each other, they were both invisible to one another. “Hello, I asked you a question?”

“Oh, sorry, I didn’t hear. What was the question again?” Seohyun asked as she raised her gaze from the bowl of rice to Yonghwa.

“I asked if you were going to go out again with your dear boyfriend?” he asked in a not so pleasant voice.

“What’s it to you if I go out with Seung Ri or not? Last time I checked, I left my dad’s house because I was tired of him checking up on me. Are you going to do the same to me too Yonghwa? You keep saying you’re not mad at me, but it doesn’t add up,” Seohyun pointed out. Yonghwa continued to eat his food slowly, not bothering to pay any attention to the girl scolding him. “Why do you always have to bring up Seung Ri even if we aren’t talking about him? I know you don’t like him but that’s just too bad for you.”

“Calm down, I wasn’t saying it for any particular reason,” Yonghwa replied. “I was just curious is all. I mean, you kind of go out every other day with him and you don’t even come back until really late. You’re not… you know… doing stuff with him are you?” If Seohyun didn’t have a mouthful of rice currently blocking the way, she would have laughed hard enough to spit it all over him. “Not that it matters to me or anything.”

“What if I was? Like I said, it’s none of your business so just stay out of it,” she firmly responded. “If it makes you feel any better, we haven’t done any of that so relax.” If Seohyun had been paying attention, she would have noticed the expression of relief that Yonghwa showed once he heard her words. “Well, I’m done for tonight. If you need anything I’ll be studying here in the living room.” Seohyun stood up as she finished her dinner to wash the dishes she used and headed to the small coffee table that was now her study area. Yonghwa continued to awkwardly watch her as she took out all of her things while he finished his last bit of food.

“Oh, isn’t tomorrow that nonsense holiday?” Yonghwa asked before he made his way to his room. “Are you celebrating it?”

“You mean Valentine’s Day? Of course I’m celebrating it, I have a boyfriend after all,” she replied angrily. Every time Yonghwa heard the word ‘boyfriend’ from it made him want to throw something. He was sick and tired of hearing about him, but Yonghwa would not admit he was jealous. In his mind, Yonghwa told himself he was angry because he hated Seung Ri, not because he was jealous. “Wanna see what I prepared for tomorrow?”

“Sure I guess,” he replied in an uncaring voice that was obviously fake. In truth he was very curious about the holiday that had everyone at school anxious for tomorrow.

Soon enough, Seohyun began to pull out many heart shaped boxes from her bag, each the same color and size as all the others. “These little ones are for the guys I’m close to. Even though I don’t like them obviously, I have to give them something. And this one is for someone important.” As she said that she brought out a box that was at least 3 times the size as the rest. The others were wrapped nicely with a blue ribbon, but they looked like they were all store bought. The larger one was wrapped elegantly with a bow that was green and yellow and seemed to be handmade.

“Why is that one different?” he asked in a hopeful tone. In his heart he hoped that the big one was for him. He hated sweets, but he didn’t hate chocolate surprisingly. In Korea only the girls gave things to boys on Valentine’s. He only wished he could break away from that rule and also give something to her, but he would have to wait for White’s Day for that. Once he realized he was thinking thoughts of her again, Yonghwa shook them away forcefully.

“I made these chocolates myself. The person who these are for is really special to me and I wanted to make these as perfect as they could. The rest are store bought since I don’t actually feel anything for the other guys besides friendship. However, the person who accepts this will also accept my heart.” The gentle expression on her face and the way her eyes glazed over as she stared at the box indicated that it was meant for someone extremely special. Yonghwa could only assume it was for Seung Ri, since there was nobody else in her life that important. Yonghwa supposed that if he was getting chocolates from Seohyun, it would be one of the small boxes that she bought.

“Well, I’ll leave you alone for that. I’ll be in my room so try not to be noisy,” Yonghwa suggested. Seohyun knew that was just his way of saying ‘Call me if you need anything’ so she ignored his bitter behavior.

“Aren’t you going to ask me who this big one is for?” she asked expectantly.

“It’s painfully obvious who that one is for so why would I bother asking?” Yonghwa asked in a matter-of-fact voice. It was in fact painful, for him at least. Every time he took a glance at that box he became angry at the thought that it would be Seung Ri accepting that heart and not him. “I’ll be leaving now.”

“It’s obvious to me that this belongs to you, Yonghwa…” Seohyun trailed off once Yonghwa was in his room. “It’s painfully obvious to me that this belongs to you, but you seem to not want it. I feel guilty for loving you and I want to tell you how much I love you, but it doesn’t seem like you want that. I’m tired of thinking of how you will react, so tomorrow, you will know who this heart belongs to. Tomorrow Jung Yonghwa will know that I love him.” After almost a month of living together, she finally snapped. There was just no way she could take the pain that she felt every day when she saw him. Even if it cost her their friendship, she would confess tomorrow with the box of chocolates that she had showed him. Her thoughts about how tomorrow would go were interrupted once she saw a flash on her laptop screen. Her rival in love, Lee Min Jung, was asking her to talk to her online.

 

Min Jung: Hi there Seohyun! What are you doing right now?

Seohyun: Nothing really. I just ate dinner with that jerk and then started to study a bit. I think we have a pop quiz in math or something tomorrow so I thought it would be a good idea to be ready. Oh, that’s right you’re not in my class.

Min Jung: I wish I was :( I hate not having classes with anyone I know. Japanese and English are fun since Yonghwa is around, but my other classes are so boring. Anyway, that’s not what I wanted to talk about. Are you doing anything for Valentine’s Day?

Seohyun: Yeah, I guess I am. Why?

Min Jung: Well, I’ve never really celebrated it except for with my dad, but that doesn’t count. I’ve never had to give anyone any candy so I don’t want to screw it up. Do you think you could help me out with that? It’s kind of weird that I’m asking you this and I feel a little embarrassed. It’s strange for an 18-year-old girl not to know how to celebrate Valentine’s Day isn’t it?

Seohyun: It’s not your fault. Don’t worry I’ll help you out. First things first, who do you want to give candy to?

Min Jung: Well, I want to give candy to all the guys at the lunch table since they’re really nice to me. I also have a few people in my classes to give candy to. You should already know that I want to give Yonghwa some candy too. Do you know what Yonghwa would like?

 

If Seohyun were a bad person, she would have lied to Min Jung and told her something that would make Yonghwa angry. From the phone conversations back in October, Seohyun had found out a lot about the irritable boy. She knew he absolutely hated any sort of candy, except for chocolate. He hated dark chocolate, but any chocolate that was sweet was his favorite. The thought of giving Min Jung false information kept running through her head, but in the end her conscience told her it was not a good idea to lie to the girl.

 

Seohyun: I’m giving all the other guys little boxes of chocolates that I bought at the store. I wish I could make them some, but those are just friendship chocolates. I don’t want them to think otherwise. I think it would be best to buy everyone the same thing and give them out as a friend. I made one large box for someone important. I feel like if you don’t make them yourself, then they won’t be as special. Do you know how to make chocolates?

Min Jung: Yeah I learned how a while ago, I just didn’t know how I would go about this. Thanks a lot for your help Seohyun. I’m glad I have someone to help me with this or else I would be so lost. I hope you get to give your chocolates to your important person. I’ll be giving mine to someone special too. I’ll leave you to study now since it seems like you’re busy.

Seohyun: I know you’re going to give your chocolates to Yonghwa so I’ll give you a little tip. Yonghwa absolutely hates dark chocolate and anything that isn’t sweet chocolates. Don’t give him any kind of candy besides chocolate because he won’t eat it. It was no problem helping you since that’s what friends are for. Hopefully you can give Yonghwa your chocolates tomorrow.

Min Jung: I really hope so. Lately he has been kind of nice to me. I haven’t really had to fight with him and he doesn’t make me go away when I get near him. If I didn’t know any better I would say he’s a little more comfortable with me. Anyways, I do plan on giving him chocolates, so I hope that it makes me get one step closer to getting him to like me.

Seohyun: Do you plan on confessing to him tomorrow?

Min Jung: No! It’s way too early for that. I’m sure he would freak out if I did. I’ll just give him the candy and tell him that it’s for him but i won’t confess just yet. Thanks again Seohyun, I really appreciate your help.

Seohyun: It’s no big deal, I’m sure you would do the same. I’ll see you at school tomorrow.

Min Jung: Bye! See you at school tomorrow :D

 

“Seohyun you’re an idiot aren’t you?” Seohyun asked herself. Now that she knew that Min Jung was planning on giving Yonghwa chocolates, the rivalry became much fiercer than before. In order to properly confess to Yonghwa, she had to get to him before Min Jung did. Seohyun was tired of being weak and waiting in the shadows for him. If she wanted him, she had to take action. In order to win him over, she had to be just as bold as Min Jung and just tell him that she was in love with him already. Tomorrow would definitely be a big day for the people in their love triangle.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally, February 14th made its way into existence. The day which every teenage boy in Korea loved had already begun, leaving them eager to see who would give them chocolates. Friendship chocolates were alright, but everyone was hoping to get sweets from the girls they loved. One such person was Jung Yonghwa. It was the first time in his life he actually cared about the day of lovers and it was making him uncomfortable thinking about it. Ever since he was a kid, people never bothered to pay attention to him on that day so he didn’t care about it before now.

He knew he was going to get tons of chocolates from all the fangirls he acquired over the past months, but he didn’t care about those. Secretly he wanted that large box of chocolates Seohyun had showed him. Everything about it seemed to tell him that it was for him. The yellow and green on the ribbon were his favorite colors and he knew the chocolates would be sweet. If he could get those chocolates, he would be the happiest person in the world. A gruff voice startled him out of his thoughts, effectively driving them out of his head.

“Yo, what’s up Yonghwa?” greeted Taecyeon. Over the past few months, he had grown quite comfortable with Taecyeon. If Yonghwa had been more open from the beginning he was sure him and Taecyeon would be close enough to tell each other secrets. “How is your Valentine’s going so far?”

“So far I’ve received three homemade boxes from some younger girls, but I don’t care about them. I was even thinking about not coming to school today since there would be so many fangirls around me. I don’t even know why they like me, it’s not like I’m nice to them or anything.” If Taecyeon didn’t know Yonghwa well enough, his statements would seem very cocky. However, everyone knew that Yonghwa was only saying that because he truly didn’t know why fangirls flocked to him.

“The only thing I’ve gotten so far has been from Yoona,” Taecyeon said in a dejected voice.

“And just what exactly is wrong with that Ok Taecyeon?” asked his angry girlfriend as she walked towards him. “Are my gifts not good enough for you? Why are you expecting gifts from anyone else besides me?”

“Of course I wasn’t expecting anything from anyone else honey bunny. You know that I only have eyes for you,” Taecyeon replied in a greasy voice. The girl that had been walking with Yoona, Hara, and the boy standing next to Taecyeon almost threw up when they heard the lovey dovey talk coming from the awkward pair. “You better not be giving any candy to anyone else though,” Taecyeon stated in a threatening voice.

“Yonghwa here,” Yoona said while shoving a small box of chocolates towards Yonghwa. “Happy Valentine’s Day!” Yonghwa gladly took the red box from her hand and gave her a small look of appreciation. They were much more comfortable than before, but he was still a little awkward with the group, so they let his lack of a real thank you slide.

“Hey, I have some for you too,” Hara cut in as she handed him her chocolates.

“Yah Yonghwa…” Taecyeon growled as he eyed Yoona’s box being opened by Yonghwa. “If you eat the chocolates Yoona gave you, you’re a dead man.” Yonghwa let out a small laugh at the petty jealousy that Taecyeon was exhibiting and he took a small piece from the box. Taecyeon looked like he was going to pounce on him, but Yonghwa didn’t care. The piece of chocolate found its way into his mouth, leaving Yoona’s boyfriend fuming. Luckily, a strong slap to the back from her brought Taecyeon back to his senses.

“Have you gotten anything from someone special Yonghwa?” Hara asked, referring to Seohyun. “I’m sure there’s someone that you want to receive chocolates from.”

“Nope, there’s nobody. Have fun today with whatever you’re doing guys. I’ll see you around.” With those words Yonghwa ran off towards his English class, forcing Taecyeon to follow unless he wanted to be late. As soon as Yonghwa disappeared from sight, the girl that ran through his thoughts without stopping appeared in front of her two best friends.

“Seohyun, why were you hiding back there?” Hara asked the distressed looking girl. “Wow you look like you didn’t sleep at all last night. Are you alright?”

“Yeah, I’m fine guys. I didn’t really sleep last night because I kept asking myself if I could do it today.” Hara and Yoona hadn’t gotten to spend time with Seohyun ever since her dad got involved in their friendship. Since then, Seohyun hadn’t gotten to tell them all that went on in her head about Yonghwa. Her two best friends gave each other a confused look as they had no idea what Seohyun was talking about.

“What do you mean ‘Do it’? You don’t mean… Seohyun! Are you going to confess today?” Yoona asked in surprise. “Oh my god you are, aren’t you?” A weak nod from Seohyun indicated that Yoona had guessed right.

“Seohyun, are you serious? Has living with Yonghwa really screwed you up that much? You really have to think this over carefully or else you’ll be playing with some serious fire. You know we’re on your side for everything, but we won’t let you get hurt,” Hara told her friend in a scolding tone.

“I’ve spent a whole month thinking about this, I’m sure that I know what I’m doing. I can’t take it anymore guys,” cried Seohyun. Yoona and Hara could both tell that Seohyun was very nervous about telling him, but she seemed serious. In truth, they both knew that Seohyun only made decisions once she was truly ready for it. Still, that didn’t take away the fact that their best friend could end up seriously hurt. “It’s either now or never. I have to tell him everything today or else I risk losing him.”

“Is Min Jung going to confess to him today?!” Yoona asked loudly. Ever since Min Jung had come to Korea, she had become their friend, but they couldn’t help but be on Seohyun’s side. Hara and Yoona liked Min Jung, but Seohyun was almost like a sister to them. “Did she tell you that herself?”

“Nah, she didn’t say anything about that. She just asked me for some pointers on how to go about Valentine’s Day. If she did intend to confess to him, she would have told me,” Seohyun reassured herself and the two girls in front of her. “Guys, I’ve seen the way Yonghwa treats her. If she doesn’t win him over today, she will end up doing it eventually. I love Min Jung and I can’t ever hate her, but I love Yonghwa too much to let him go. I feel bad for betraying her, but I can’t take it anymore.”

“So you’re going to do it today for sure?” Hara asked worriedly. “Are you sure that you can do it?”

“Hara, I’m too tired of waiting for me to be ready. I feel worn out from keeping my feelings to myself and not being able to tell him,” Seohyun weakly stated. “I have to do this today or else I won’t be able to contain myself later. Min Jung is planning to give him her chocolates right as school ends, so I just have to beat her to it.”

“Well, we wish we could be there for you, but this is your fight. Cheer up girl, you can do it. We have to head out to class right now, so tell us how it goes. Meet us at my house once you confessed if you can. We’ll be waiting for you,” Yoona told Seohyun in a comforting voice. “Later.”

“Bye guys, wish me luck.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“What a damn drag…” Yonghwa complained as he tried to shove the thousands of candy boxes in his locker. To be honest, he felt like throwing them all away, but even he didn’t have the heart to do that. Why he had so many gifts, he didn’t even know. He was always mean to everyone so he assumed that he wouldn’t even get one piece of chocolate. Unfortunately for him, girls he didn’t even know ended up giving him candy. It seemed Jiyoung had been successful in converting all the girls she was friends with to be his fans, since it felt like every first year girl had given him chocolates. Yonghwa remembered the fight that broke out between Jiyoung and that blond girl, Gyuri, in their Japanese class. Both fought each other to give him chocolate’s first and ended up embarrassing themselves in front of everyone.

Just as he finally got it all to stay in place he felt someone tap him from behind. Once he turned around he saw the adorable Japanese girl known as Min Jung. “You having fun there?” she giggled as she saw him struggle with the boxes. Min Jung was a mystery to Yonghwa. At first he felt as if she was the most annoying person in the world, but recently, he had grown an attachment to her. There was something about her that drew him closer to her. Yonghwa felt as if he could trust that girl and that she understood him better than nobody else in the world. Unfortunately for Min Jung, those feelings would never go past friendship.

“All these troublesome girls keep giving me candy and I’m sick of it. What the hell am I going to do with all this chocolate? I don’t want to eat it all unless I want a stomach ache or something,” Yonghwa continued to complain.

“Way to be modest Yonghwa. You know you don’t need to brag about how much of a heartbreaker you are. If I knew you were a player then I wouldn’t have become your friend,” Min Jung teased. A glare from Yonghwa made its way towards her, eliciting another cute giggle from her. “Calm down, I was just kidding. So have you gotten anything from anyone special yet?”

“No,” Yonghwa replied almost disappointedly. “I mean, there’s nobody special to begin with. I didn’t mean that I’m waiting for someone special to give me anything,” Yonghwa lied. In truth he had been waiting the whole day for Seohyun to give him something, but he hadn’t even received friendship chocolates from her, much less the special box. “How about you? Have you given away any special chocolates?”

“Nope,” she replied with a shake of her head. “I haven’t gotten a chance to yet. You know since we’re in the same boat, want to kill two birds with one stone?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Well, you haven’t received anything from anyone special. I haven’t given anything to anyone special. Since we’re both in the same spot, then we should fix it.” Min Jung took off her backpack rapidly and dug out a box of chocolates that was roughly the same size as the box that Seohyun had showed him last night. “I have this box here. I think it could fix both of our problems right?” After Min Jung asked him that question, the hallway they were in became silent. It was already almost thirty minutes after school ended and the place was deserted. It seemed as if everyone wanted to go out and celebrate Valentine’s Day with their significant other.

“Aish, stupid teacher…” Seohyun quietly grumbled. “She just had to keep me after school so I could help tutor someone.” She was sure that her plans to beat Min Jung to Yonghwa were ruined. However, Seohyun walked confidently since she knew Min Jung wouldn’t be confessing to Yonghwa today. Her conscience kept telling her to not betray Min Jung, but her heart overpowered it. Seohyun stopped in her tracks when she saw Min Jung at Yonghwa’s locker holding a large, heart-shaped box. She already knew Min Jung would be making chocolates for him, but it still hurt her to see such a sight.

“Yah, Seohyun! I’ve been waiting for you to go out today,” Seung Ri called from behind her. As his yell echoed through the halls, Min Jung and Yonghwa turned their direction to the couple in the distance.

“Look, it’s Seohyun and her boyfriend. Aw, Seohyun has her big special box ready to give to him,” Min Jung pointed out. Yonghwa noticed the box from last night in Seohyun’s hands and supposed that she was giving it to Seung Ri. At that moment, Yonghwa began to think about how much of an idiot he was to think Seohyun would give it to him. If only Yonghwa knew that it was in fact for him and not Seung Ri, then things wouldn’t be so difficult for him.

“I’ve been waiting all day for your candy. The past three years you gave it to me as soon as we got to school,” Seung Ri pointed out. “How come you didn’t give me the candy when you saw me at lunch?”

“Uh, I forgot about it,” Seohyun lied. She was cornered now. Seohyun couldn’t tell Seung Ri that the chocolates weren’t for him, but for Yonghwa. Now all her plans of confessing to Yonghwa were ruined. With Seung Ri around, she was sure a fight would break out if she did confess to him. Reluctantly, Seohyun held up the box of chocolates for her boyfriend to take. A part of her did it because she felt trapped, but another part of her did it out of jealousy. It pained her to see Min Jung giving Yonghwa chocolates and she felt that if she gave Seung Ri hers, it would make up for it. After Seung Ri took the box from her, he gave her a gift of his own. Suddenly, Seohyun felt herself forced into a kiss by her boyfriend as Min Jung and Yonghwa watched from a distance.

“Wow, I didn’t know Seohyun liked her boyfriend that much,” Min Jung joked. “Anyways, we shouldn’t be paying attention to them. I feel wrong violating their privacy.” Yonghwa stared at the sight in front of him. He felt like a fool for even thinking once that Seohyun would give him those chocolates. Of course they would be for her boyfriend and nobody else. The kiss he witnessed only reassured him that Seohyun loved Seung Ri and nobody else. “Comon, let’s go somewhere else.”

“No, just do what you were going to do here. I’m listening,” Yonghwa commanded almost angrily.

“Okay…” Min Jung replied in hesitation. “I don’t really have many friends here, but I did end up giving away a bunch of friendship chocolates. Last night when I thought of you, I felt that it wouldn’t be enough to just give you friendship chocolates. I’m sorry if this feels too uncomfortable for you since I know you don’t like it. Can you accept these chocolates from me Yonghwa?”

Before answering Yonghwa took a sideways glance towards the still kissing couple and made up his mind. “Yes, Min Jung I’ll accept your chocolates.” Yonghwa took the red colored box from the smiling girl in front of him as he replied, accepting her feelings in the process. “Min Jung, I’m sorry I never noticed his before, but you’re really pretty. You’re so nice and you’re smart too.”

“What…?” Min Jung asked shyly. Even though she was a strong girl, she wasn’t immune to blushing due to praises from the man she liked. “Why are you saying all of those things?” Before she could continue to ask any more questions, she felt herself being pulled forward to him. Although it was unexpected, she was anticipating a hug. However, once she realized what was going on, her brain almost exploded. Yonghwa had pulled her forward, not in a hug, but into a kiss. It was a forceful, wild kiss that almost felt angry to her. In reality, it was an angry kiss. Yonghwa was angry at Seohyun, Seung Ri, but mostly at himself. He was angry at how foolish his thoughts were and now he was angry that he was using Min Jung as a way to vent all of his anger.

“Min Jung, I’ll accept your feelings if you accept mine,” Yonghwa stated once he pulled his lips off of hers. “Ever since I started getting close to you, I started to like you. I’m sorry I didn’t realize that you also felt the same way. I’m not wrong am I? You’re giving me these chocolates because you like me too?” Yonghwa was furious with himself for lying to a girl that was confessing to him, but he couldn’t get the bitter feelings he had for Seohyun out of his head.

“Are you serious Yonghwa? Do you really like me or is this your idea of a joke?” Min Jung asked disbelievingly.

“I’ve never been more serious in my life,” Yonghwa lied. “Min Jung, I’ve accepted your heart, but will you accept mine? Will… you be… my gi-girlfriend?” Yonghwa knew that question sealed his fate, but it was too late to take it back. So many things were going through his head that he couldn’t even tell what was left from right. He knew he shouldn’t have asked that question as it would not only ruin his life, but the life of an innocent girl too.

“YES! I will!” Min Jung yelled. Seung Ri and Seohyun finally broke their extremely long kiss once they heard the excited girl yell from across the hall. Seohyun noticed that Min Jung had a huge smile on her face while Yonghwa was holding the chocolates in his hand. She supposed Min Jung was happy that Yonghwa had accepted her chocolates, but she didn’t expect what was going to happen next. As soon as Min Jung agreed to be Yonghwa’s girlfriend, she gave him a kiss of her own. Seohyun’s heart almost stopped as Min Jung threw her arms around Yonghwa and placed a kiss on his lips.

“Wow, I didn’t know that weird new chick was into that dickhead Yonghwa. Well, that goes to show that there’s someone out there for everyone. Comon, Seohyun let’s leave those losers alone,” mocked Seung Ri. Seohyun completely ignored her boyfriend’s wishes as she continued to stare at the couple in front of her kissing. She was so sure Min Jung wouldn’t confess today. She was so sure Yonghwa wouldn’t have accepted anyway. She was so sure that she would get to confess her love for him and they would be together. Seohyun was so sure about all of that stuff, but why were Min Jung and Yonghwa kissing in front of her?

“Yeah, let’s go Seung Ri,” Seohyun replied once she realized Yonghwa wouldn’t be hers. “I don’t think we should be seeing this.” Seung Ri threw an arm around Seohyun before giving the new couple a final disgusted look. Seohyun and her boyfriend turned around to leave the new couple to kiss in private. Before they could keep going, a loud girlish voice interrupted them.

“Seohyun ah! Wait! I have to talk to you about something!” Min Jung called out to the girl that had been helping her. “Yonghwa, go on ahead, me and Seohyun have to talk about something. I know we just started dating and it’s Valentine’s Day, but I really have to talk to Seohyun. I’ll see you tonight?”

“Yeah, I’ll see you tonight,” he replied gently. Now that he was her boyfriend, he had to act like it. The guilt inside him kept eating him up as he thought of how wrong it was to use a girl like Ming Jung. Before he could back out of what he had just started, Yonghwa turned to leave. Before Seohyun made her way towards Min Jung, Yonghwa was already out of the front door of their school.

“Seohyun! Yonghwa just asked me to be his girlfriend!” Min Jung squealed once Seohyun was in front of her. “I wasn’t even planning on confessing to him or anything, but he confessed first. I gave him the chocolates and then he told me that I was pretty and all this other stuff. Before I knew it, I was kissing him and he was kissing me. Seohyun you don’t know how happy I am right now and I just had to share it with you. Is this how you felt when you first got together with your boyfriend?”

“Yeah, it sure was,” Seohyun lied in a happy voice. She glanced over to Seung Ri who was waiting impatiently in the distance and wished she could be somewhere else at the moment. “I’m really happy for you Min Jung, I really am. I know you’ll make Yonghwa happy, so I’m happy for both of you. Make sure to spend your Valentine’s Day with him, I’m sure he will love it.”

“Seohyun, I don’t know what to say right now. I’ve never had a boyfriend or anything like that. My brain is running at a thousand miles per minute. I can’t even think of what to say next or if I’m talking too fast right now,” Min Jung confessed. “I’m floating in the clouds right now and I don’t even know what the heck is going on right now. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! This is all thanks to you Seohyun. If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t have gotten as close as I did to him. Thank you so much!”

“It’s no big deal,” Seohyun told her in a false happy voice. “I didn’t do much.” Soon enough, Min Jung pulled Seohyun into a friendly hug and squeezed her tightly. Seohyun wanted to do nothing more than to pull Min Jung off of her and slap her. Seohyun wanted to rip all the hair out of Min Jung’s head and push her off a cliff. She felt terrible for feeling those thoughts about the innocent girl, but the jealousy in her was much too strong for her too control.

Once they broke the hug and Seohyun saw the smile of complete happiness on Min Jung’s face, the rage inside her calmed down. Min Jung was much too happy to have someone ruin it. Seohyun remembered how lonely Min Jung and Yonghwa had been since they were born. Both of them deserved the happiness they were feeling and she felt she had no right to ruin it. Seohyun knew Min Jung didn’t deserve her jealousy, only her sincere congratulations.

“Sorry I’m taking you away from your boyfriend Seohyun, but I just can’t help it. I’ll leave you alone so you can go spend your Valentine’s Day with him. I’ll be going to see Yonghwa tonight, so I’ll get to talk to you more in detail too. You just have to tell me more about Yonghwa so I can be the best girlfriend ever.” The pure and utter happiness Min Jung was radiating made Seohyun want to cry. Every word she spoke felt like a shard of glass embedding itself in her heart.

“Alright, I’ll see you tonight Min Jung,” Seohyun responded while suppressing her tears.

“Bye! Tell your boyfriend I said sorry for taking your time away. See ya tonight!” Seohyun watched as Min Jung happily skipped away from her and headed to find the man they both loved.

“Min Jung… make him happy alright? I like you too much for me to hate you, so all I can do is cheer you on. Yonghwa, I’m glad you finally found someone. I knew I was an idiot to think that someone like you could ever like me. You guys are perfect for each other and I should know my place and stay out of it. Yonghwa I know you’ll never love me, but is it okay for me to watch you from the sidelines? Am I still allowed to do that?” Seohyun broke out of her thoughts once she felt Seung Ri pull her towards the exit. She was much too hurt to have fun at the moment, but she couldn’t let Seung Ri know that. After all, it wouldn’t be fair for him to have a crappy Valentine’s Day because of her. Seohyun wiped away the tears pooling up in her eyes and shot Seung Ri a fake smile to assure herself she would be okay.

“You alright Seohyun? You seem a little strange,” her boyfriend pointed out.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I just realized that I lost something and I’ll never be getting it back,” she said referring to Yonghwa. “Someone else found it though and it’s better off with that other person. I’m sure now the thing I lost and the person who found it are much happier.”

 

 

Author’s  Note: Did somebody order drama? Because this chapter sure has tons of it. So at first I was like “Hell Yeah! Seohyun is going to confess!” Then I realized “Oh crap that can’t happen!” Then when Yonghwa kissed Min Jung I was like “Oh my god dude you’re so stupid!” I really like that I’m the writer, but I go through the story as if I was the reader. Sometimes I don’t even feel like I’m the writer at all and I’m just another reader like you guys. Anyways, back to the story. So our couple is pretty much screwed for life, well until they finally stop being idiots. My heart didn’t break too much as I was writing it so I hope you’re all okay! I feel bad for making Yonghwa use Min Jung since I don’t want to make him out to be a bad guy, but we'll see how it goes

I’ll be updating every weekday as per my usual schedule so I hope you guys are ready for that. I hate not updating weekends, but I never have the time to do it. Enjoy! Also thank you all for helping me reach 11000 views and 100+ subscribers. My last story only got around 70 and 9000 views by the time I was done so this story is a huge success. I truly truly appreciate every single one of you and I will continue to do so even after I finish the story.