The Night

I'm a Loner

Chapter 29 – The Night

 

 

Just as Yonghwa had predicted, Uee hadn’t even had the courage to look them straight in the eye after her little plan for revenge. Min Jung and Seohyun were still a little confused as to why Yonghwa hadn’t just turned her in on the spot, but his logic made sense. Both girls praised him for being such a mature person and thinking ahead, even if he wanted to tear Uee apart with his own two hands. Now it looked like smooth sailing for the students of Daewon Preparatory High School. Entrance exams were over and in a little less than a month everyone would know what universities they would be going to. Teachers really didn’t teach anymore and everyone caught the deadly disease known as ‘senioritis,’ also known as ‘be as lazy as you can since school doesn’t matter anymore.’ It was now mid-April with only two important things left in the school year, Prom and graduation.

“Hey Yonghwa, I’m so bored…” Seohyun whined while she lay on the couch in his apartment with nothing to do. “Find me something to do before I die of boredom already.”

“I’m in the same spot you are you know,” Yonghwa responded weakly. He was so bored he couldn’t even bring himself to be sarcastic anymore. The pair was strongly devoted to studying, but when there was no studying left to do, their existence was basically pointless. Not only did they have nothing to do at school, they also had nothing to do at home. Yonghwa didn’t feel like asking Min Jung to hang out since he wanted to just end it already. “Why not go out with Seung Ri?”

“Ugh, no I don’t feel like going out on a date. I’ve gone on too many and I’m sick of them. Speaking of dates, are you going to prom next week?” Seohyun asked shyly. “I mean, I’m just curious is all.”

“I feel like not going to that stupid thing. I don’t really want to go to be honest. But I’ll probably end up going,” Yonghwa responded. Had he not been immensely bored he would have noticed the light pink blush dusting Seohyun’s cheeks as she fiddled with the buttons on her phone randomly. It was obvious to anyone else that Seohyun wasn’t asking because was ‘just curious.’

“Well, do you want to go?” Seohyun asked. If Yonghwa hadn’t known better, he would think that she was asking him out to the prom. It was funny to him how she didn’t even realize that her question had a double meaning. However, his constant thoughts of her loving Seung Ri made him snap back into what he thought was reality.

“With you?” Yonghwa questioned playfully. “You know I would love that. Wanna be my date to the prom Seohyun?” Seohyun’s blush deepened to a red color that she didn’t even know existed. The fiddling with her phone got even worse and now buckets of sweat were pouring out of her body. “Woah there, I was just playing around, no need to get excited about it. I know how hot I am, but you don’t need to get bent out of shape.”

“Yeah, just playing…” Seohyun trailed off. Yonghwa’s attention focused on her as he heard her almost disappointed tone. “You’re going with Min Jung and you can’t go with anyone else. If you make Min Jung cry at prom by ditching her, I’ll make you cry Yonghwa.” For some reason unknown to Yonghwa she began to get angry and storm off to the bathroom.

“Ugh, always screwing it up huh Yonghwa?” he stupidly asked himself. “Then again, this is what you get for being a total coward and not confessing your feelings for her.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The day Yonghwa had been dreading for the past few weeks had arrived, Prom night. He would gladly take the entrance exams to the hardest universities in the entire world five times over rather than be at the end-of-the-year event every other senior anticipated eagerly. In the end, he knew he would never get out of it since Min Jung and Seohyun both would find him no matter where in the world he hid. In order to keep up the act, Min Jung once again became his partner for such an important event. Prom night was a big deal for every normal high school senior and it hurt him to think that Min Jung wouldn’t get the night she deserved. Every moment of the day he imagined how great the situation would be if Seohyun was his date.

“Yo Yonghwa, what’s up man?” Taecyeon greeted casually. Yonghwa turned his attention from the hotel lobby and faced Taecyeon with a small smile. “You alright? You don’t look like someone who’s having fun at prom haha.” Yonghwa braced himself for the manly slap on the back the larger male always gave him and nodded back in response. For a while now he was on greeting terms with Taecyeon, but he wasn’t feeling too well that night.

“Ugh, I hate these events. I don’t know why I even agreed to come to this thing,” Yonghwa confessed. In truth he knew he came because he could see Seohyun for a whole four or five hours while she smiled and had fun. Due to the boring nature of school he hadn’t seen her brilliant smile for a while now. He supposed that she would have fun at a place like this and he wouldn’t miss her smile for the world. Once again the guilt for selfishly thinking of just himself and not Min Jung began to consume him.

“Dude relax, it’s prom night. You know what that means right?” Taecyeon asked in a playful voice. Yonghwa got the hint once he saw the erted smile on Taecyeon’s face and the strange way he was wiggling his eyebrows. “You have one of the hottest girls in school by your side. I’m sure you will have a LOT of fun tonight.”

“Do you ever think of anything else?” Yonghwa asked with a scoff. “You need to just get laid and get that out of your system. But don’t think of doing it with Yoona tonight. I’ll go find you and kill you myself if you damage her innocence.” It surprised both Taecyeon and Yonghwa alike that the cold boy was watching out for someone else, but neither of them would admit it. “So when the hell are these girls going to get here? I’ve been waiting for more than an hour here for them and nothing.”

“Just wait it out. Min Jung, Seohyun, Yoona, and Hara take a few hours to all get ready. It probably wasn’t a good idea to bunch them all up in the same house and allow them to fix themselves up together. Yonghwa, you have to learn the rules of women dude,” Taecyeon began to explain. Yonghwa rolled his eyes and braced himself for a completely skewed and stupid view that Taecyeon had on women.

“This is going to be completely stupid isn’t it?” Yonghwa questioned suspiciously. Yonghwa knew he didn’t need to ask since he already knew the answer to his question.

“Girls… they take their time getting ready because they are a very confusing species. If you look at them carefully they all–”

“Yeah, yeah Taecyeon they’re weird, I get it. Look here they come,” Yonghwa interrupted. Before Taecyeon could keep on going with his stupid explanations Yonghwa rushed towards the group of four girls that had them waiting for a little more than an hour. Once he got up close he was stunned by all the beauty in front of them. It wasn’t only Seohyun and Min Jung that he was awestricken by. Yoona and Hara were each shining gems in their own right and it was almost blinding how beautiful they were. “Wow…” was all he managed to saw before the girls noticed the stars in his eyes.

“Yah! Yonghwa why are you staring at my girlfriend like that?” Taecyeon yelled from behind in an annoyed voice. “Yoonie!!! You’re so pretty!!”

“Ugh, someone remind me why I’m dating that loser,” Yoona complained once she heard her nickname. The blush on her face was from the embarrassment that she felt at being called the silly name, but also because Yonghwa was still staring intensely at the four in front of him. It wasn’t every day you were praised by someone like him, so of course the girls would be flattered.

“You guys are beautiful,” Yonghwa pointed out. “Oh, sorry for that hehe. Um, so what do we do now?” All four females found it cute how bashful Yonghwa was being once he was found staring at them. Out of the corner of his eye, he was completely taking in the beauty that was Seohyun. He had never seen her so brilliantly shining and he couldn’t get enough of it. The black almost form-fitting dress, her choice of accessories, her slightly curled hair, and her perfectly applied make up were enough to get anyone to die of a heart attack.

“Stop hitting on my friends Yonghwa,” Min Jung giggled. Min Jung could see through Yonghwa, even if nobody else could. A small thorn of pain wiggled into her heart as she saw him checking out Seohyun, but she knew that she couldn’t forget the plan. “Anyways, shall we go dance?”

“You guys go on ahead, I have to go find Seung Ri,” Seohyun suggested. “I’ll see you guys out on the dance floor in a bit.” Before Hara and Yoona could stop her, Seohyun rushed to find her date for the night. Min Jung felt Yonghwa tense up at Seung Ri’s name and she gave him a reassuring squeeze on the arm to calm him down.

“Yonghwa, calm down. You can’t screw up someone’s prom night because you’re jealous,” Min Jung whispered worriedly.

“Yeah, I’m sorry. It’s just that I don’t know what tricks Seung Ri could pull tonight. You should already know well what he’s capable of. Plus, it’s prom night. Everyone does that kind of stuff at the end of the night. We’re even in a hotel so it’s even easier to go do things like that,” Yonghwa explained, referring to the way many teenagers spent the night together after prom.

“Seohyun isn’t stupid so she shouldn’t get caught by that. Then again, we should keep our eyes peeled. It doesn’t help that Seung Ri owns this stupid hotel,” Min Jung pointed out. “It would be so easy for him to pull something.”

“Min Jung, let’s just try to have fun alright? I know we are still acting here, but it’s not fair for me to ditch you on a night like this. I would be a heartless bastard to leave you on such an important event,” Yonghwa explained sadly. “You’re an important person to me and I couldn’t bear to see you getting hurt because of me.”

“Don’t worry about me Yonghwa,” Min Jung assured him. In reality she wished she could ask him to watch only her. If she could get Yonghwa to look only at her, she would be the happiest girl at their prom. However, she knew that she couldn’t ask him for such a selfish favor. Sure, what he was doing was selfish, but it didn’t matter to her. “Comon, everyone is waiting for us.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Yonghwa, why aren’t you out there dancing?” Hara asked the gloomy looking boy sitting alone at their table. “This is prom, you have to go out and have fun. You’ll only get to experience this once you know.” Hara took a big gulp from her smoothie she had got from the drink bar to quench her thirst. The girls had been out on the dance floor the whole night and it was already 11:00pm. Yonghwa had watched as they let their bodies sway to the rhythm, as well as how Taecyeon made a fool of himself with his crazy dances.

“And make a fool out of myself like Taecyeon out there? No thanks,” Yonghwa half joked. “I think I’ll pass.”

“Oh no, don’t think you’re getting away with this. You’re coming with me whether you like it or not.” As always, women dominated Yonghwa’s life. Hara was someone he knew he would never beat so he had to reluctantly follow her. In a few seconds he was now amongst the people in his class that were dancing just as his friends were. If he was completely honest with himself, he didn’t want to be out here because he was embarrassed. He had never once in his life even thought of dancing and he was afraid of truly looking like an idiot.

“Don’t just stand there; go find someone to dance with!” Hara yelled over the blaring music. Suddenly, Yonghwa was pushed forward forcefully and he landed on someone in front of him.

“Oh, sorry for running into you,” he apologized to the girl he landed on. “I didn’t mean to run into you.”

“Hey there Yonghwa,” greeted Seohyun once she heard his voice. “It’s no big deal, it happens. So you finally got the guts to come out and dance?” Yonghwa could not believe the luck he had to find her out here. He was now nervous because he didn’t know how to dance but also because he was now doing it in front of Seohyun.

“Um, yeah Hara kinda dragged me out here, hehe,” Yonghwa replied nervously. “It’s kind of hot out here don’t you think?” Seohyun shook her head in response, indicating it was just him. Yonghwa supposed it was because he was wearing a suit and was in the middle of a huge crowd of people.

“Well, don’t just stand there, let’s dance,” Seohyun commanded. If the heat wasn’t bad enough, Yonghwa now felt like he was on fire.

“You mean, like together?” he asked hesitantly.

“Um, if you want sure,” Seohyun responded to his stupid question. “Just let loose and catch the beat. It’s not like you’re out here to die or anything. I think you need something like this to have fun. It’s better than studying, trust me.”

“How are you guys all doing tonight?!” yelled the DJ into his microphone. “It has come to my attention that I’ve been playing too many slow songs and you guys aren’t having too much fun am I right? So now in order to heat things up a little bit, I think I’ll play a song so we can really get freaky tonight. Many of you might not be familiar with this song, but it’s from an American rapper named Lil Jon. If you have a heart condition, I suggest you guys get off the dance floor now. It’s time to get low!”

(I hate rap or hip hop or whatever it is, but once you hear the song, you will know why I used it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYH7_GzP4Tg  If you don’t enjoy ‘gangsta’ black men singing inappropriately, don’t watch the video ahaha.)

“Oh …” Yonghwa mumbled when he heard the song begin to play. It was definitely not a song he would dance to with Seohyun. The dancers around him indicated that it was most definitely not an appropriate dance. Everyone else was busy grinding on each other, rubbing their bodies as close to each other as humanly possible. If Yonghwa were to explain it, he would describe it as with clothes on. “Um, I think I’m going to head out for now.”

“Nonsense! This is the perfect song for you to let loose to!” Seohyun yelled over the music blasting from the large sound system. Soon enough, Seohyun began grinding her body on his. Every time her clothed skin touched his, it felt as if a million volts of electricity flowed through him. Each touch sent a rush of adrenaline through his body but he couldn’t run away from it. He was much too excited to get away from such a new and exhilarating sensation. After the first minute of the song, Yonghwa was letting the beat and rhythm guide him in the sensual dance. Every beat forced him to move against her, forcefully crashing their hips together. He wasn’t being ually stimulated in any way, but it was exciting to be dancing in that way.

Yonghwa let his primal instincts guide him through the foreign motions of the suggestive dance. Never had he once even moved his foot in any sort of dance, so he was completely new at this. However, to anyone else, it would look like he had been grinding at parties for his whole life. The feral thoughts running through his mind allowed him to execute every motion and movement perfectly, without missing a single detail of the dance. After what seemed like just a few seconds, the four minute song ended.

“Wow…” Seohyun said through her rapid breathing. “I did not know you could grind like that.”

“Yeah, neither did I,” Yonghwa responded in a surprised voice. “I didn’t know such an innocent little girl like you could pull off a dance like that either.” Both of them stared at each other awkwardly as they walked off the dance floor. It was embarrassing to think that they had just danced in a way that made look like a joke, but nevertheless they both enjoyed it.

“So um, do you want to go out and dance again in a bit?” Seohyun asked shyly. “I mean, unless of course you want to dance with Min Jung. Ah, what am I saying?! Of course you should be dancing with Min Jung. Silly me!”

“I’ll go again if you want. Just as friends I guess,” Yonghwa responded. “I can always dance with Min Jung later.” Yonghwa surprised himself with the response he gave her. Normally he wouldn’t be caught dead dancing, much less in front of so many people. He couldn’t take it anymore. Seohyun was so close to him and he had to take any chances he could to bring her closer to him. Yonghwa was almost at his breaking point and it scared him. He was sure if a similar situation arose on the dance floor, he wouldn’t hesitate to force her into a kiss.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was now 12:30am and there were only 30 minutes remaining in their big night as high school seniors. Yonghwa actually had tons more fun that he originally intended. After a couple of trips to the dance floor with Seohyun, he felt like he was king of the world. Had he known it would be that fun to dance, he would have done it at the party all those months ago. Now everyone was resting at the table, chatting away the last few minutes of the night.

“Has anyone seen Seohyun?” Yoona questioned the small group of tired teenagers. “She said she was looking for Seung Ri but I haven’t seen her in almost twenty minutes. Come to think it, I haven’t seen Seung Ri all night.”

“Yeah, and I haven’t seen Uee either. It’s a little strange since they are supposedly the most popular people in school,” Hara noticed. “He wasn’t even here to receive his crown for being elected prom king either. Seohyun had to receive it for him.” Yonghwa almost laughed when Seohyun was elected prom queen, yet she had to accept the tiara and the crown alone since Seung Ri was off doing who knows what.

“I’ll go look for her. You guys stay here and have some more fun,” Yonghwa commanded. He stood up and quickly scanned the crowd for the girl of his dreams. After being around her so much, he could easily spot her from a mile away. Just then he remembered that he saw Uee and Seung Ri leave the ballroom and head farther into the hotel together just a little over an hour ago. He was sure if he headed in that direction, he would find her. Then it hit him. Uee and Seung Ri, were together, it was prom night, and they were in a hotel. It was a little preposterous to think that they would be doing something like what he thought they were doing, but he wouldn’t put it past them.

Once he arrived at his conclusion, he couldn’t take any chances. Yonghwa swiftly pulled out his phone and called the first person on his contacts list. “Hara! Get everyone to look for Seohyun now!” he yelled into the phone.

“Why what’s wrong? You sound strange, did something happen to her?” she asked worriedly.

“I don’t have time to explain. Just split up and search anywhere you can. You have to find her before something bad happens.” Yonghwa shoved the phone quickly back into his pocket and resumed his hurried search for the woman he loved. He made his way into the hotel lobby and noticed Seohyun asking the lady at the front desk something and he sighed in relief. Yonghwa then regretted letting his guard down once he saw Seohyun walk into an elevator and head to one of the higher floors.

“!” he exclaimed just as he missed her leaving. After a few dings, he noticed she stopped at the fifth floor of the hotel and had most likely found what room Seung Ri was in. Now more than ever did he believe his suspicions were true. With no time to waste Yonghwa ran burst through the door leading to the stairs and ran in hope to stop her before she got hurt. “Seohyun, please let me catch you.” Once on the fifth floor, Yonghwa hastily made his way through the elegant corridors in vain. His heart was beating faster and faster at the thought of not catching her in time, but he didn’t let that stop him. While running through the final hall of the floor, he caught glimpse of her black dress and he sighed in relief once more.

“Seohyun!” he yelled across the large hall. “Wait!” Seohyun heard his voice, but was determined to keep walking to her destination. At the end of the corridor was a large door Yonghwa supposed was the room Seung Ri was in. Seohyun didn’t look like she would be stopping any time soon so he mustered all the energy he had to run to her side. “Please let the door be locked…” he mumbled to himself as Seohyun reached to grab the door handle. Unfortunately for him, the door was not locked and Seohyun let herself into the room that would surely contain a heartbreaking scene for her.

“What is this..?” she asked the two people lying in the bed in front of her. “Am I just seeing things or what?”

“Seohyun, let’s go, you don’t have to see this,” Yonghwa assured her once he arrived at her side. His fears had in fact been true. In front of the surprised pair were Seung Ri and Uee, in a situation that neither of them could get out of by lying. “Seohyun, let’s go!”

“Yonghwa, did you know about this? Am I really that stupid to not see this coming?” Seohyun dejectedly asked her best friend.

“Please, let’s go!” Yonghwa begged loudly.

“You! Jung ing Yonghwa! What the hell is your deal? What gives you the right to brainwash my girlfriend!” Seung Ri yelled. “Seohyun, baby it’s not what you think. I can explain everything.” Seohyun laughed, but Yonghwa could tell it was not because she truly found the situation funny.

“You think you can explain this?” Seohyun asked acidly. “You know, I felt like dumping you years ago. My father forced me into this relationship, but I don’t know why I kept it up so long. I should have expected this from you Seung Ri. I was such a fool to ever feel bad about leaving you. Whenever I would get the idea to dump you, I would feel sorry. I would always feel sorry that you didn’t deserve me doing that to you. And Uee, I can totally believe why you would do something like this. Min Jung was right, you’re just a that thinks she can get away with anything.”

“Seohyun, this isn’t what it looks like. Uee came onto me, I didn’t want to do anything with her. You have to believe me,” Seung Ri desperately begged. “This is all a trap planned out by Yonghwa and Uee. You know I love you more than anyone else in the world right?”

“Yeah that’s why you were just ing her right now right? Where’s the gun she pointed at your head? Last time I checked, it takes two people to have . Or are you going to claim she was forcing you against your own will? Don’t make me laugh,” Seohyun replied in a venomous voice. Yonghwa had to get her out of there as quickly as he could or things would get worse. He had never once seen Seohyun act in that way and it was worrying him.

“You have to believe me! I’m your boyfriend! Yonghwa, you’re a piece of you know that? How could you turn my girlfriend against me? Instead of screwing up my relationship, why don’t you go with that little of yours?” Before Seung Ri knew it, he was on the ground and rubbing his jaw in pain.

“I ing warned you…” Yonghwa growled. “I told you that if you ever made a tear come out of this girl’s eyes, I would make you wish you were in hell. Lee Seung Ri, when I’m done with you, even hell will be too good of a place for you.” Both Uee and Seohyun flinched a little as they felt the cold and murderous aura radiating from Yonghwa. It was nothing like they had ever seen before. Yonghwa was always a docile person so they had never seen him genuinely mad. Even the time Seohyun saw him fight in Japan, he was just joking around. Now they could hardly even recognize him.

“Do you want to fight? Well I’ll give you one.” Seung Ri quickly stood up and threw a forceful punch at Yonghwa’s face. The blow struck him square on the jaw, but he didn’t even bat an eyelash at it. Another punch made contact with Yonghwa’s face, but he just kept on walking forward towards Seung Ri with no visible damage. “What the are you?! How can you take that strong of a punch and not be hurt.”

“You’re a dead man…” Yonghwa told the frightened male through grinding teeth. Yonghwa reached a hand over to him and grabbed him by the throat. Soon enough Seung Ri was gasping for air and trying to escape the vice grip on his neck. “How does it feel to know you’re going to die today?” Everyone in the room was frozen with fear as Yonghwa’s rage-filled eyes almost  bore a hole in Seung Ri’s face. With a single hand Yonghwa viciously threw Seung Ri at a wall, a sickening crack ringing through the room in the process.

“Back off…” Seung Ri coughed. “You think this will stop me!” Seung Ri could barely speak from the lack of air he was experiencing. Before he knew it, Yonghwa pounced on him and began to deliver a relentless flurry of punches to the face of his mortal enemy. He wasn’t in control of his body anymore. Instead of his usual voice of reason, he allowed hate and rage to be his drive.

“How is this for pain?” Yonghwa asked maniacally. “It’s nowhere near the pain you gave Seohyun, so why not take a little more?” Fist after fist brutally impacted Seung Ri’s face without any signs of it stopping. If Yonghwa didn’t control himself, Seung Ri would surely die from the massive blows to the head he was taking.

“Why… are you doing *cough* this…?” Seung Ri asked while spitting blood out of his mouth.

“BECAUSE I LOVE HER!!” Yonghwa yelled loudly. “I love that girl more than anything in the world. I would give my heart and soul for her. I warned you to never ever hurt her and you didn’t listen to me. I’ve waited patiently at the sidelines, protecting her from you. It’s hurt me to wait like that by her side, but I’ve endured it. I couldn’t risk her happiness for mine, so I just waited. You caused this Seung Ri, so don’t complain about it!”

“Stop, please,” Seohyun begged as she suddenly hugged Yonghwa from behind. “Don’t hurt him any more Yonghwa.” Yonghwa’s rage and anger kept blinding him, keeping him from paying attention to her pleas. “Don’t be scary because of me. Please stop,” she sobbed. Yonghwa turned around to see tears in her eyes, the very things he was trying to stop. Seeing the pure sadness and sorrow leaking out of her beautiful eyes, Yonghwa came to his senses.

“I’m sorry…” he mumbled. “Seohyun, I’m sorry.” Seohyun turned him around and gave him a frontal embrace. “Forgive me, I don’t know what came over me.”

“You don’t have to be sorry. I know you couldn’t control yourself,” Seohyun whispered gently in his ear. Once she broke away from the embrace she began to wipe the tears of anger from Yonghwa’s face. “I really appreciate you defending me, but please don’t ever act like that again.”

“I won’t,” he weakly assured her.

“As for you two, I’m done dealing with you. Seung Ri, I’ve been wanting a legitimate reason to ditch you for a while now. I guess this is it huh?” Seohyun spoke up boldy. “Uee, you can have this piece of trash. I don’t know how long you guys have been keeping this relationship up behind my back, but I don’t want to know. Isn’t it fortunate that I found you guys like this? At least now you won’t ever have to date in secret anymore. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have better things to do than to be with trash such as yourselves. Goodbye Seung Ri. Tell your parents that I’m sorry about breaking up, although I’m sure they would love to hear what you did to me.”

“Seohyun…” Seung Ri groaned. “This isn’t over. You’re mine and nobody will ever take you away from me. I will have you eventually, you can count on that.”

“Seung Ri, if you don’t want to die now I suggest you shut up,” Uee ordered. “You can’t take someone like Yonghwa in the state you’re in. Seohyun, Yonghwa get the hell out. You win, is that what you want to hear? Get lost or else I’ll call the police.”

“With pleasure,” Yonghwa scoffed as he led Seohyun out of the room.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Pabo.” Yonghwa looked up at her when he heard her truthful insult. Ever since they had left the room, he hadn’t bothered to say a word to her. “Look at how screwed up your knuckles are. Seung Ri must have a really hard face,” she joked as she tried to lighten up the mood. Yonghwa stared at his torn up knuckles while Seohyun carefully placed many small bandages on them.

“Thanks Seohyun,” he replied in appreciation. “I’ll be going now.” It was now 1:30am and everyone had already cleared out the ballroom the event was held in. The place was a mess and it didn’t look like anyone would come bother them in that room.

“Wait, can we talk first?” Seohyun asked before he had a chance to leave. Yonghwa nodded weakly and resumed his sitting at the chair next to her. “What you told, Seung Ri… Is it true? Do you really like me?”

“I do. I not only like you, I’m pretty sure I love you. I don’t know what love is since I’ve never really known about it, but I’m sure of what I feel. I’m sorry I hid it from you all this time, but I couldn’t bring myself to tell you. You seemed so happy with Seung Ri and I didn’t want to ruin our friendship,” Yonghwa confessed. “If it makes you uncomfortable, I’ll back off. I know it will get awkward, so I think it’s best to end our friendship.”

“Yeah, I think that’s best too,” Seohyun responded. It hurt Yonghwa to hear her say those words, but he knew it was for the best. “As of tonight, Saturday April 23, 2011, Seo Joohyun and Jung Yonghwa are no longer friends. They are lovers.”

“What?” His head snapped up as he heard the last part of her sentence. “What did you say?”

“How about it Yonghwa? Do you want to be the person next to me? You’ve protected me from the sidelines for too long. I think it’s about time you come protect me from right beside me,” Seohyun pointed out to him.

“Are you serious?! Wait, this isn’t a dream right? I’m actually awake?” Yonghwa asked himself happily. “You’re not playing a joke are you Seohyun? April Fools’ Day was like 22 days ago so this better not be a prank.”

“I’ve never been so serious in my life. Yonghwa, I love you.” The confession almost caused Yonghwa’s heart to stop. The situation was strange enough for him to start slapping himself to make sure he wasn’t dreaming, but decided against it. “I guess we were just too dense to see that we liked each other. I’ve liked you since that time with the storm. At first I thought it was just gratitude, but soon enough, I wanted to spend every moment of my day with you. I only dated Seung Ri to counter you dating Min Jung.”

“Wow, we really are a pair of fools aren’t we?” Yonghwa joked to himself. He couldn’t believe how stupid he felt for not noticing it sooner.

“You two are fools indeed,” a sad voice called from the side. “That’s why you’re perfect for each other.” Yonghwa and Seohyun turned to see Min Jung coming up towards them. “I guess you finally had the guts to confess huh Yonghwa?”

“Min Jung you knew about this?” Seohyun asked in surprise.

“Yeah, since day one. I asked you guys if you liked each other and you both denied it. However, deep down I could see it, that grand love you two had for each other. Yonghwa asked me to be his girlfriend just to make you jealous, but I didn’t mind. As selfish as it was, I was also selfish for wanting him. There were so many times that I wanted to tell you lies about how Yonghwa loved me, but I couldn’t,” Min Jung confessed. “I can’t even count the times I wanted to confess to you that Yonghwa loved you, but my jealousy wouldn’t let me.”

“Min Jung…” Yonghwa mumbled. “Stop this. I don’t want to hurt you more than I already have.”

“I have to Yonghwa. I have to do this or else I’ll never be able to let you go. Seohyun, take good care of this idiot alright? I don’t think he will ever find his way without you leading him hehe,” Min Jung laughed sorrowfully. “Promise me you’ll keep him out of trouble for me?”

“Min Jung, stop this!” Yonghwa yelled loudly. “Please, stop!”

“Yonghwa, I love you,” she stated confidently. “I know I’ll never have you so let me do this one last thing alright? Here, I think this is yours.” Min Jung took off the moon pendant she received on White Day and placed it in Yonghwa’s hand. “That never belonged to me so take it.”

“You’re wrong,” Yonghwa interrupted. “This is yours and I can’t take it back. Min Jung, you’re someone so dear to me that it breaks my heart that you’re doing this. The least you can do is keep that necklace for me. The woman at the store told me to use it well and I know I won’t be able to. You keep it; it’s not mine to take.” Yonghwa walked behind the girl and placed the necklace back onto her neck. “I have something else for Seohyun.”

“Yonghwa, you have to be happy alright?” Min Jung begged with tears in her eyes. “Promise me that.” Yonghwa took the girl into a gentle hug and gave her a reassuring squeeze. “Sorry for ruining the moment, I’ll get going now. I’ll take good care of the necklace.” Before she could get too far away from Yonghwa, she gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Yonghwa, stop crying, your tears are salty. Later guys!” The newly formed couple watched as Min Jung walked away from them with tears in her eyes. Both of them felt horrible for using the sweet girl in order to accomplish their goals.

“Will Min Jung be alright?” Seohyun asked with concern drowning her voice.

“Min Jung is going to be fine. She’s got the heart of a lion. She won’t let herself be kept down for too long,” Yonghwa replied with a hopeful tone. “I’m glad she came though. Here, this is for you.” A box similar to the one that he had on White Day came out of his jacket pocket.

“What is this?”

“Something an old ahjumma gave me on White Day. I didn’t realize she put it in my bag until after I gave Min Jung the moon pendant. Open it.” Seohyun opened the box and found a silver necklace that was similar to the one Min Jung had. However instead of a moon, the pendant was in the shape of a butterfly. There were no stones on it, but Seohyun couldn’t have asked for a better gift.

“There’s a note inside,” Seohyun pointed out before reading it.

 

The art of love... is largely the art of persistence Young Man. Keep at it and you’ll eventually

be able to give this to the one you truly love.

 

“The ahjumma sure knows how to read people,” Yonghwa laughed.

“It’s a little creepy that she knew you weren’t going to give the moon pendant for the person you truly liked. You sure she’s not a witch or something?”

“The only witch I know is Uee,” Yonghwa joked once more. “So when do we get to kiss?”

“Ew, no! We just started dating like five minutes ago. I’m not going to kiss right off the bat,” Seohyun responded sassily. “You better control your urges Yonghwa. I don’t want to find out that you’re really one of those erted freaks that just wants to get in my pants. I’ve had enough of those with Seung Ri. Anyways we should–” Before Seohyun could continue ranting Yonghwa forced her into a passionate kiss. Even though it was their third kiss, the feeling was completely different. No longer was it awkward and strange, but comforting and pleasurable. If their need to breathe didn’t overpower their bodies, they would have stayed like that all night long.

 

Author’s Note: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I hope this lives to everyone’s expectations for what I meant by this being epic? To me this came out perfect even though I usually hate my writing. Oh man this was just aowianoinapwpapaxwapmxwpompom. Yeah, random typing is all I can do right now. I was actually going to put one more filler chapter here just to make the at chapter 30, but I couldn’t do that to you guys anymore. I just had to stop dragging it out already. Last chapter was kinda pointless, so I just had to make up for it. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. I got so into the story as I was writing it. I felt the anger as Yonghwa beat the crap out of Seung Ri. I felt the sadness when Min Jung made her teary goodbye as Yonghwa’s girlfriend. I will stop talking now since I could spazz about this forever.

For those of you that asked: I will not be ending this yet. If you don’t want to keep on going with the story and feel it will drag on, you can stop reading here. I have a lot of stuff still planned out so if you want to keep going, then this story is the thing for you. Later all :D