Saved Again and Again

I'm a Loner

Chapter 28 – Saved Again and Again

 

 

Yonghwa’s and Min Jung’s attempts at getting Seohyun by his side proved to be useless over the long period of time their fake relationship. White Day was the day they thought they would finally get progress, but it ended like every other day. There was only around 2 months left in the school year in which they could finally achieve their goal and time was of the essence. It was almost two weeks since White Day and the college entrance exams, yet not even the slightest bit of progress had been made. Yonghwa and Seohyun were on good terms, but other than that, there was nothing to show for their efforts.

“So what was up with Yonghwa saving that witch a few weeks ago?” Min Jung asked confusedly. Yonghwa absolutely forbade the two girls from talking about Uee that day for some reason, and they both wondered why. He not only saved her from being hurt by Min Jung. He also saved her from the task of having to clean the first floor.

“I don’t really know Min Jung,” Seohyun answered, just as confused as her friend was. “Yonghwa isn’t usually a nice person, much less to people he isn’t on good terms with. I really have no idea what he was doing that day, but I guess we can’t question it."

“What did she mean by having feelings for him? Did they used to go out or something? I’m really lost here.” Seohyun took a deep breath and readied herself to tell the long and painful story of how Yonghwa was head over heels for Uee.

“A lot of stuff happened a few months back, right after we came back from Japan. Here’s the short version: Yonghwa liked Uee, Uee completely stomped over his heart and laughed at him when she found out. I can tell you the long version of it when we have more time,” Seohyun responded while waiting for Min Jung to get things out of her locker.

“That …” Min Jung swore out loud. Seohyun noticed that Min Jung was a rather innocent girl that rarely said anything bad about anyone. She never swore and she never made any inappropriate comments or jokes. However, whenever it came to Uee, Seohyun noticed Min Jung got rather angry about it. “Thanks for telling me Seohyun. I guess I’ll definitely have to watch out for her.”

“Oh, talking about me already?” a sweet voice interrupted. “It seems like you two really enjoy talking about me from what I heard. Min Jung, sweetie, call me a again and see what happens to you. I can crush you like a bug.” Min Jung had no intentions of backing off this time. After she heard what Yonghwa went through because of her, she felt Uee deserved much more pain than she had once given her.

“You are a b-i-t-c-h, ,” Min Jung mocked. “Now if you’ll excuse me I have much better things to do than to talk to a common street such as yourself.” Seohyun watched with open wide as Min Jung verbally attacked Uee with no remorse. There was not a single person in the school that was brave enough to do so, which surprised both Uee and Seohyun alike. “Let’s go Seohyun, I think we’ll catch one of her diseases if we stand next to her too long.”

“Al-alright…” Seohyun agreed meekly. It wasn’t that Seohyun was afraid of Uee or anything Uee would do. She just felt that the language Min Jung was using was a bit too harsh. Uee was a big whiner and she wouldn’t do anything anyways. If you just ignored her petty insults, Uee was quite harmless. Seohyun felt there was no need to go that far and start a fight.

“Is that why your darling boyfriend fell in love with me before you? I’m sure he’s still in love with me after what he did a few weeks ago,” Uee taunted. Once Min Jung stopped in her tracks and turned to face the evil girl, Uee knew she hit the right button. “Oh, I’m sorry, did I make you angry?”

“You…” Min Jung growled. “What the hell do you want from us? Why do you think it’s a good idea to make me angry? I don’t give a damn who you are or how much money you have, you’re worthless. What good do you contribute to this society? Nothing, and you never will. Why should anyone have to respect you if you’re just going to live off the money your mommy and daddy give you? Respect isn’t something that someone can demand; it’s something that’s earned. I still stand by what I said and I won’t back down. You’re nothing but a cheap that thinks she can get away with being pretty. If you have nothing to say anymore, then kindly shut the hell up.”

Uee gave Min Jung an acid filled stare, but it faltered when Min Jung shot her own glare back at her. Uee may have loved to pick fights, but even she was smart enough to know Min Jung could break her in half without trying. Soon enough a large crowd of students surrounded the two girls, eagerly awaiting a fight. The wicked girl knew she couldn’t let herself be humiliated in this situation, but her pride was getting the best of her.

“Yah, who are you to talk to someone of my standing like that? I’m richer than you, that means I’m worth more! You should be bowing down to me,” Uee cried hysterically.

“Did you earn that money yourself?” Min Jung asked in a calmer voice. “The richest man in the world isn’t the person that has the most money, but the one that needs the least to survive. Do you even have a conscience or a heart? You think you’re so high and mighty just because you have more of those pieces of paper than me. I’m sick and tired of having to explain this to you so I’m out of here. Consider this your win if you want, I could care less.” Min Jung turned around, leaving Uee to be stared at by her peers. Both girls knew that Min Jung was the winner of that argument since Uee couldn’t counter anything she was saying. Once again, pride got the best of the arrogant woman, and she continued the fight.

While Min Jung was walking away, Uee crept up from behind and grabbed her hair forcefully. “If you want me to stoop down to your level then I will,” Uee explained as she tugged on Min Jung’s black strands. 

“Yah! Get the hell off me you crazy witch!” Min Jung responded back loudly as she tried to get Uee off of her. Just as she managed to pull the crazy person off of her, Uee landed a loud slap on her cheek. Uee stared at Min Jung confidently as the girl rubbed the pain out of her cheek. “So you’re going to get cocky because you hit me once huh? Well come at me some more if you think you can. I promise on my word as a martial artist that I won’t attack with anything more than you can do.”

“You asked for it,” Uee replied cockily. Her pride completely blinded her and she didn’t even care if Min Jung could throw her across the world and back with one hand. Uee threw slap after slap at Min Jung’s face, but to no avail. Although Min Jung said she wouldn’t attack, she never said she would sit there and get hit. Once the skilled girl saw an opening, she threw an open hand at Uee’s face and slapped her forcefully. The impact of the blow sent Uee crashing down onto the floor, almost a meter from where she was standing.

“You asked for it,” Min Jung mocked. All the pairs of eyes staring at the scene erupted into cheers for Min Jung as Uee sat on the ground with tears in her eyes. One would expect the tears in her eyes were from the pain she felt in her cheek, but they weren’t. Those tears were from the humiliation she had just suffered from getting her kicked by Min Jung yet again, this time with all of her followers watching.

“What are you doing?” asked a cold voice that could only belong to Yonghwa. “Min Jung, you know I expected more from you. I can’t believe you would take advantage of someone like Uee once more.” Everyone at the scene stared at the emotionless boy with a confused expression as he walked over to Uee’s side. “You alright?”

“Eh?” she asked lamely as she stared up into his face. He wrapped one arm around her as he tried to pull her up from the ground, and she surprisingly didn’t shake him off. The tears in her eyes blinded her a little, but she knew it was Yonghwa. For some reason, she didn’t feel like making him disappear anymore.

“I asked if you’re alright. Do you need help?” he asked once more. Uee finally grasped the situation and snapped out of her dazed state to push him off of her.

“I’m fine!” she answered rudely. Just as he had done when he saved Jiyoung, Krystal, and Sulli all those months back, Yonghwa took a look at Uee’s face to check for damage. As she noticed his eyes gazing intently at her face she shyly faced the ground. He ran a hand across her cheek to see if she was hurt, making her face turn even redder than it already was.

“It will probably need a little ice, but I don’t think it’ll be too bad,” Yonghwa pointed out with no emotion in his voice. “Uee, get out of here now. I saved you, but that doesn’t mean I condone your behavior. Before this turns into a bigger problem than it should be, leave.”

“I was planning on it!” she replied angrily. “You all are disgusting. How dare you touch me with your filthy hands? Min Jung, you’re on the top of my blacklist from this day forward. You better watch yourself.”

“I’m shaking in my shoes right now,” Min Jung replied sarcastically. “Get lost before I make you.” Uee was in no mood to be humiliated again, so she listened to the words of her enemies in front of her. With Uee gone, the small crowd of spectators disappeared as well, leaving Min Jung and Seohyun to be stared down by Yonghwa.

“Yonghwa, I don’t know what your deal is but seriously cut it out,” Min Jung commanded in an angry voice. “Why do you help her? Are you seriously still in love with that girl?” Yonghwa glared at Seohyun since it was most likely because of her that Min Jung knew about him liking Uee.

“No I don’t,” Yonghwa answered in a still unemotional voice. “Just leave her alone. She’s nothing but a bunch of hot air. I’m not looking out for her, I’m looking out for you. If you ignore her, she will just go her own way. She will retaliate if she feels cornered and I’d rather not get you two into problems."

“Oh,” replied Min Jung. “Well, sorry I misunderstood you. I didn’t know what to say since you’ve saved her so many times already.”

“I have no intentions of being near Uee, much less fighting with her. You saw how even when I helped her, she was still being such a bad person. Just ignore her and she will ignore you.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Uee, I don’t think this is such a good idea…” a young girl shyly began. “I mean, couldn’t someone get hurt from this thing?”

“Soo Min, you worry too much. You told me yourself, nobody will die from this thing. Don’t you want to be part of my group? You know that everyone in my elite group is hot and rich. If you want to become popular, this is the price you have to pay,” Uee answered in a sugar-coated voice. It was amazing to her how easy Soo Min was falling for all the words she said. It amazed her more how much people were willing to do in order to become popular. Uee could sacrifice a spot at her lunch table, as long as she could get what she wanted.

“I guess…” Soo Min responded hesitantly. “If you really, really need it, I guess I can give it to you. You have to promise me that you won’t tell anyone I gave it to you though. I will get in so much trouble if I get caught. I know you won’t tell on me, but if you do, just know you’ll get caught too.”

“Yah, are you threatening me? You must really not want to be popular then,” Uee pointed out in a threatening voice. “Why are you so worried? I asked you to give me something that would be really painful, but not life threatening. Why are you trying to keep me from doing this?”

“Well, that thing is very, very painful but death could be a problem. It’s very rare, but some people are either allergic or their body responds much more strongly than others. If you happen to get bad luck, the person could die,” Soo Min explained.

“Well, that’s a risk I’ll have to take. Thanks for your help Soo Min. I happily announce that you are the first 2nd year student to ever sit at my table. You should be honored.” Even though Soo Min knew what she was doing was wrong, she couldn’t help but feel happy that she would be in the popular group from then on. Uee almost scoffed at how easy it was to trick the naïve girl in front of her. “Now, would you kindly hand over what I asked for?” Hesitantly, the younger girl handed over a small plastic container to Uee, containing something extremely dangerous.

“Am I going to get it back? If my dad finds out it’s missing, I’ll be in huge trouble.”

“Of course you’ll get it back,” Uee replied in her sweet voice. “Now run along to class. See you at lunch.” Soo Min nodded quickly and eagerly skipped towards her next class. “Hmph, this is like taking candy from a baby. Lee Min Jung… you messed with the wrong person. Let’s see if you have the guts to humiliate me after this.” With an evil chuckle, Uee left to put her malevolent plans into action. Luckily for her, there was nobody in sight to see her set up her devious and messed up way of getting revenge. She had arrived at school very early to avoid any interference and she was all set. Now all she had to do was wait for Min Jung to arrive and fall in her trap. It didn’t matter to her the consequences she would face.

An hour later once school started, students started to slowly pour into their prison for the next 8 hours of the day. After Uee was humiliated by Min Jung the day before, Seohyun’s group had a sudden spike in popularity. Boys crowed around Min Jung to ask her to give them private lessons in martial arts. Yonghwa even had to do his duty as a ‘boyfriend’ to keep them from swarming her too much. It was rather annoying for all of them to have so much attention, but that was the price they had to pay for humiliating Uee. Little did they know, they would have to pay a much bigger price in the near future.

“Aish, Min Jung why did you do that to Uee?” Yonghwa complained. “I’m so tired of swatting away your fanboys all day long. Did you really have to kick her in front of the whole school? You really should have just ignored her.”

“Yonghwa, Min Jung was being attacked by Uee and you still defend that witch?” Seohyun asked in an annoyed voice. “Seriously, why are you choosing that girl over your own girlfriend?”

“This again… Look, I wasn’t defending Uee because I wanted to. If you guys get involved with her, she’s going to get angry and strike back. If you just let her blow off her steam on her own you won’t have to deal with her as much. She’s usually all talk and no walk, but I’m sure if she’s hurt enough she will start fighting back.” Min Jung and Seohyun had to admit that Yonghwa was onto something. Everyone knew Uee was usually a reasonable person, but they had no idea what she was capable of if she decided to fight back.

“I see where you’re coming from Yonghwa, but you can’t just blindly defend her either. She needs to be taught a lesson. Stop complaining about it already. Be lucky you have a girlfriend as pretty as me,” teased Min Jung. “At least you know you have one of the most popular girls of the school by your side.” Yonghwa rolled his eyes and paid Min Jung no more attention as he wouldn’t win the argument. Min Jung and Seohyun giggled amongst each other as the braver of the two girls stuck her hands in her locker. Almost immediately she felt a strange sensation as her fingers felt around the small space. Seohyun noticed the confused face Min Jung showed as she felt around for her books.

“Min Jung what’s wrong?”

“I don’t know it feels kinda weird in here. It feels like there’s something covering the inside of my locker. It sorta feels like there’s a lot of spider webs, but how could a spider get into my–AISH!” Min Jung cried loudly as she pulled her hand out of her locker. Both Seohyun and Yonghwa turned their attention to her arm as she pulled it out of the locker rapidly and in pain.

“What happened?” Yonghwa asked worriedly.

“I don’t know, something attacked me in there. Look,” Min Jung commanded to the two confused friends. Right above her wrist were two large red marks that looked like some sort of cut or bite. Just as Min Jung showed her arm to the two in front of her, she felt a searing pain in her right arm. She clutched her hand in pain as it felt like two searing hot needles were inserted into her skin quickly.

“Min Jung!” Seohyun cried. “Are you okay? What’s wrong?”

“I don’t know…” she responded through ragged breaths. “I think something bit me. My arm really hurts and I can’t move it. My muscles in my entire hand feel like they’re cramped up. Guys, help me I’m feeling kinda stran-strange.” Just as Min Jung finished her sentence, she began to tumble down towards the ground. Luckily Yonghwa’s quick reflexes allowed him to catch her before she could make an impact on the floor.

“Min Jung! What’s wrong? Answer me!” he yelled. “Seohyun, go find someone to help. Wait, never mind there’s Taecyeon. Yah! Taecyeon!” Yonghwa called to the boy making their way towards the emergency situation. “I know this is sudden, but something is in Min Jung’s locker and I need you to catch it. I think she said it was a spider, so be careful. If it is a spider, it won’t attack you since it seems to have already attacked her. I’ll leave that to you.”

“I have no idea what the hell is going on, but okay?” Taecyeon agreed hesitantly. The newcomer carefully prodded around the locker, careful to not anger what was already in there. “Yeah, there’s a spider web in here which is really strange. Hmm, it’s kind of dark, but I think I can find it.” Taecyeon took out his phone to shine some light into the dark corner of the locker and was met with an unpleasant sight.

“Well, what is it?” Seohyun asked worriedly. “What attacked Min Jung?”

“There’s a black spider in there. It’s kind of small, but it’s really shiny. The light from my phone is reflecting off of it cleanly. It looks kind of afraid since it’s just in a little ball,” Taecyeon explained. “Quick, Seohyun find me something to catch it with.” Seohyun remembered she had a small box in which she carried a few make up things and she quickly emptied it out.

“Here, will this work?”

“Yeah, that looks good. Yonghwa, I’m going to take your word for it. If this thing bites me, you’re going to owe me big time,” Taecyeon half-joked. Steadily Taecyeon moved his hands through the books and towards the small creature that had Min Jung almost in a state of fainting. “Got it!” Taecyeon flipped the top onto the box and pulled the dangerous animal out of the locker.

“What the hell!?” Yonghwa exclaimed once he saw the spider in the transparent box. “Why the hell is this thing here?”

“Why what’s wrong with it?” Taecyeon asked stupidly. “Is this spider really dangerous?”

“Hell yes it’s dangerous. That’s a freaking black widow. Why would that kind of spider be here? They’re not native to Korea and it’s much less likely for it to be inside a populated place like a school. There’s no way it could have found its way into that locker. It’s much too big to get in on its own,” Yonghwa reasoned. The spectators stared at the venomous creature huddled up in the corner of the box. It seemed to be rather shaken up from the commotion it was involved in.

“Yong… hwa… I can’t breathe,” Min Jung managed to say. “My chest really hurts.”

“Yonghwa, what’s wrong with her?” Taecyeon asked lamely.

“A bite from one of those things completely shuts off all the muscles in your body. If we don’t get her to a hospital now, she won’t be able to breathe properly. I mean, I’ve read about these spider bites once or twice, but I don’t think people go to the verge of fainting from it. I think she might be allergic to it,” Yonghwa explained. “Taecyeon, you have a car right?”

“Yeah, do you need me to drive you to the hospital?”

“That would be a huge help. Seohyun go tell a teacher we’re taking Min Jung to the hospital. If you can get away from them long enough, come meet us there. If you can’t do that, then I’ll meet you after school, deal?” Seohyun nodded in response and ran towards the principal’s office. “Min Jung, hang in there girl…”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Doctor is she going to be alright?” Yonghwa asked the doctor that walked into the room after almost 6 hours of waiting. They were told Min Jung had been treated already, but the doctors hadn’t really told them anything else. “I noticed that she was in a lot of pain from the bite and had a lot of difficulty breathing. I know they can get bad, but she was definitely a bad case.”

“Wow, in all my years of treating patients like this, I’ve never seen someone so interested in the physiology of the patients. Most of them just want to know if they can save their friend and how long it will take. Have you thought of ever becoming a doctor?” the older man inquired.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t have time to deal with that question. May I know how she’s doing?” Yonghwa answered politely.

“Min Jung will be fine. She had a slightly stronger reaction than most people do from that spider bite, but with the antivenom we gave her, she will make a full recovery. Her muscles might be slightly cramped afterwards, but no lasting damage. Since all her body is rendered useless for today, I would advise keeping her here for a few more days. She seems to be a strong girl, so her breathing, heart rate, and blood pressure should return to normal in a matter of hours.”

“Thank you doctor, that makes me feel a lot better,” Yonghwa replied in relief. “That was a close one.”

“What I would like to know is how she came into contact with such a dangerous spider. This is the first case I’ve had due to a black widow and I never thought I would see the day,” the doctor wondered. Yonghwa was also wondering the same thing a few hours back since there’s no reason they should ever have to see a spider like that.

“It was in her locker when we got to school this morning. I don’t know how it got in there, but something is up. That spider was too big to get into the locker even if they were native to Korea,” Yonghwa reasoned. “This was staged somehow and I have an idea who is behind this.”

“I would also agree with you young man. A spider as dangerous as this one isn’t kept by just anyone. They are mostly only kept in zoos or private collections. I would bet money that whoever decided to hurt your friend is in contact with one of these people,” the doctor postulated. Even Taecyeon who was not the sharpest tool in the shed could tell the situation was too perfect and out of this world to not be staged. “Anyways, if you need anything else do not hesitate to ask. Don’t worry about the girl, she will be fine before you know it.”

“Yonghwa!” Seohyun yelled once she opened the door to the room Min Jung was kept in. “When I talked to principal Kang about this, he called the police. They’re snooping around and finding evidence since they think this is a set up. Are you thinking what I’m thinking?”

“If you’re thinking that Uee did this, then yeah I’m thinking what you are. There’s nobody else who would hate Min Jung enough to hurt her. Uee isn’t stupid so she knew the spider wouldn’t kill her. I know it’s a little too early to make a decision, but I wouldn’t put it past her.”

“Does Uee hate us that much? If she’s capable of this, I can’t even imagine what else she would do,” Seohyun pondered. “Min Jung could have died and even still she went through with this.”

“Well we can’t convict her just yet,” Taecyeon interrupted. “For all we know it could be anyone at school. If we just blindly single Uee out, things won’t go well for us. We have to get her to either tell us herself or grab the person that helped her out. I’m sure if we find the person who gave her the spider in the first place will tell us what we want to know.”

“That second year student!” Seohyun exclaimed. “Remember, the one that owns the museum of natural history. I remember for her presentation at one of the booths in career day her dad brought all sorts of weird creatures with him. He had things like scorpions, big bugs, and even snakes in a bunch of glass tanks. I know we can’t just point out people without proof, but I’m sure that will give us a clue.”

“Seohyun, find that student since she will be our only hope. I’ll convince Principal Kang to not interfere with this. I don’t want to make this any worse than it already is. Once you find that student, bring her here. I’ll make sure Uee comes here too,” Yonghwa asserted. “ing Uee…” Seohyun noticed how Yonghwa had his fist clenched tightly and found the swearing unusual. They had to find out what was going on in order to keep more people from getting hurt.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Why did you call me here?” Uee asked nervously. Min Jung stared at the nervous girl with a look that said ‘I know you did it,’ making her even more nervous that she already was. “I don’t know why I even came to visit someone that is only going to try to humiliate me some more. I’m leaving.” Just as she made her way to the door, Yonghwa stood menacingly in front of her.

“Confess now and I will spare you. Keep denying this longer and I will make sure to send you to hell myself,” Yonghwa threatened through grinding teeth. Seohyun and Min Jung both wanted to stand up and hold Yonghwa down. Neither of them had seen him that mad before which frightened them a little bit. Even Uee was scared senseless from his protective threats and she went back to her original spot.

“I brought the guest of honor!” Taecyeon exclaimed once he entered the room. “Introducing Park Soo Min.” A shy girl walked in right next to him with her eyes fixed to the floor. The younger girl seemed to be completely afraid of getting in trouble which worried Min Jung and Seohyun. Hopefully Yonghwa would be able to contain his anger and not startle the girl even more.

“Your dad collects insects and tons of venomous animals does he not?” Yonghwa questioned the fearful girl. A small nod indicated that her dad in fact was a collector. “Did you or did you not give Uee a spider to hurt Min Jung?” The little girl looked over to Uee fearfully, indicating her state of guilt. Soo Min turned away once she saw Uee throw a glare filled with murderous intent her way.

“I’m sorry, Uee. I’m afraid of you, but I’m more afraid of going to jail. I’m sorry, but I can’t lie anymore. Yeah, Uee asked me for something to hurt that girl. I didn’t want to at first, but Uee offered me a spot in her group, so I agreed,” Soo Min confessed. “She told me she was only trying to hurt Min Jung, she never said it would be this bad. If you guys want to punish me, I’ll accept it.” Yonghwa continued to hold his anger in, but dropped it when he realized Soo Min wasn’t at fault.

“You won’t get in trouble,” Yonghwa stated calmly. “I promise you that. Uee, you on the other hand… You’re dead.”

“She’s lying! She’s jealous because she can’t be as popular as me. Why would you believe someone like her?” Uee cried in her defense. “This is all a trap by you guys to get me in trouble. I can’t believe you hate me so much that you would set this all up.”

“You are despicable,” Yonghwa interrupted. This time there was no anger in his voice, only pity. It not only made him feel bad, but for once in her life Uee felt ashamed. “I can’t even begin to explain how much of a bad person you are. Why do you do these things to people? What good are you doing by hurting others? The people by your side will leave you when someone prettier and wealthier than you shows up. Do you think that this is how you get friends? You know, I can’t believe I ever liked someone like you.”

“I… I…” Uee stuttered. Yonghwa’s words hit her like a ton of bricks to the head. Never had anyone been able to hurt her so much with just words.

“Stop trying to explain yourself. Just admit it and move on. Uee, I’m so glad that you stomped all over my feelings all those months back,” Yonghwa stated thankfully. “If it hadn’t been for that, I would still be in love with that blackened heart of yours. What happened to that pure hearted girl when we were kids? Why did you fall so far? Seohyun bring that officer in here. I think we have some explaining to do. Soo Min, you stay here too. I promise I won’t let you get involved in this.”

Seohyun went outside and picked up the police officer on their particular case from the lobby. “So you guys called me here because you want to tell me something?” the police officer asked in a confused voice. “Did you by any chance find the person who did this to you?”

“No, we didn’t but we have some ideas,” Yonghwa responded carefully. The police officer pulled out a small notebook and began to write down all the things they were saying at the moment. Uee stared at the police officer with fear in her eyes. If they told on her, it would be the end. Uee knew she would go to jail if she were caught and there would be no way out.

“Well, then let me hear what you have so far. From what I’ve managed to find out from the witnesses at your school, it seems like that girl is the culprit,” the police officer said as he motioned towards Uee. “Kim Yu Jin-shi also known as Uee, is the one girl that would have an intention of hurting Miss Min Jung. So, are my suspicions correct?” Uee’s stomach flipped as she heard her name singled out by the officer. Her life was over and there was nothing she could do to stop it.

“No, it wasn’t her,” Min Jung lied. “Yonghwa and I were with her on the day that the spider was supposedly placed in my locker. We were with her the whole time and she never once came to my locker. All three of us are the top of our class so we were figuring out something pertaining to graduation for it. She couldn’t have done it if she was with us the whole time. To be honest, I don’t want to find the culprit. Can we request you close the investigation?”

Everyone including the officer was stunned by Min Jung’s request. “Um, if that’s what you want. Are you sure that you don’t want to pursue the case further?”

“Yeah, we’re sure officer,” Yonghwa responded. “Now, if you’ll excuse us, Uee and I have something to talk about in private.” Yonghwa forcefully pulled Uee out of the room and yanked her in his direction.

“Well, if you don’t need me for anything else, I’ll take my leave. If you change your mind about the investigation, then just give me a call.” The polite policeman left the door, leaving the stunned group of teenagers and Min Jung alone.

“Min Jung, why did Yonghwa save her again?” Seohyun asked in a confused voice. “This is like the 5th time he saves Uee in the past few weeks and I don’t understand it at all. I’m so confused and I would really love an explanation.”

“Yonghwa is a good guy, that’s the only reason. I was intent on destroying Uee as soon as I found out it was her. I was so close to calling the police and telling them my suspicions without any hesitation. Just as I was about to do it, Yonghwa told me something that made so much sense to me. Just ask him yourself if you’re curious.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, Yonghwa continued to pull Uee into the garden found on the hospital grounds. “Yonghwa…” Uee spoke up first. “I just want to say… th-thanks…” she mumbled. To Yonghwa, her thank you was almost laughable. He never thought he would see the day when Kim Yu Jin apologized for her bad deeds.

“Don’t thank me; I don’t want to hear it. Don’t get me wrong Uee, I didn’t do it to save you. If you think for one second that I ‘saved’ you for your own good, you’re dead wrong,” Yonghwa began explaining in his pity-filled voice. “I did this for Seohyun and Min Jung, not you.”

“Seohyun and Min Jung?” she questioned.

“Yeah, those two are very important to me and I can’t see them hurt. Do you know how close I was to strangling you myself when I found out you did this to Min Jung? I would have turned your pitiful into the cops in a heartbeat. However, I thought of others besides myself. Even though it would make me feel better to have you rot in jail, I couldn’t have Min Jung and Seohyun get hurt,” he continued.

“What are you talking about?”

“If I ratted you out, you would just want revenge. Then Min Jung would want revenge. It would just be an endless cycle of hate and anger. I only saved you because if I allowed Min Jung to continue, it would only make your retaliation worse. I knew that if we hurt you; you would hurt us back with twice the force. So once again, don’t mistake my actions. I absolutely detest you and I don’t even want to hear your name,” he insulted. “I had to save you all those times in order to protect Seohyun and Min Jung. Then again, you wouldn’t know about dropping your pride for someone you love. I’m sure that black heart of yours doesn’t even know the meaning of that word.”

“I…”

“No, don’t say anything. I’m done talking to you. This is your final warning and I won’t repeat myself. I’ve let your little games continue far enough, but no more. I’ve warned Seung Ri, and now I’m warning you. If you ever hurt someone important to me, it will be your one way ticket to hell,” he threatened forcefully. “Now, get lost before I change my mind.” With those words, Uee turned to walk away from the person that had once professed his love to her.

“Hmph, you and your love…” she mumbled after she turned around. “I never knew you were that kind of person Jung Yonghwa. I guess I can’t compete with that can I? Don’t worry about having to drop your pride for me anymore. I’m done with you clowns.” Yonghwa almost laughed at her reaction, but he supposed that was her way of admitting defeat. Finally, after almost an entire school year, Uee would be out of their hair once and for all. Even if Uee deserved to go to jail for her actions, Yonghwa knew he took the best course of action. If Uee went to jail, there would be no true repentance from her. As much as Uee was trying to hide it, she was feeling terrible at the situation and Yonghwa knew it. In the long run, the torment she was feeling would be a much greater punishment than jail.

 

 

Author’s Note: First thing I will say: I HATE SPIDERS!!! Oh my god, I went to sleep last night while thinking of how to structure the chapter and I dreamt of a ton of spiders. Ugh, I can’t freakin stand spiders. If I was Taecyeon, I would have smashed that spider to bits. Anyways, poor little Min Jung got bit by one of those nasty evil creatures, but at least Uee is done for. She will still cause problems in the future, but it won’t be her directly. I don’t know what’s going to happen next chapter since I’m out of ideas, until the epic parts at least. Hopefully I can update on the weekend so I can give you guys more juicy parts. Bye!

Also, I know Uee getting found out was kind of fast, but I didn't want to drag that part out. Of course anyone with half a brain would plan a revenge better than that, but eh, I wrote it and tough beans for anyone who complains about it haha.