Declaration of War

I'm a Loner

Chapter 3 – Declaration of War (Alternate Title: From Sunbae to Oppa)

 

 

It was barely the third day of school for Yonghwa but it felt to him like it had been a few weeks. Truthfully there had been nothing that had really upset him about the school, but there was something about it that made him want to throw up just stepping foot inside of it. Although he hated school, there was something that he looked forward to that day. Even though he wore his signature bored and ‘I hate the world’ expression and walked with his usual shuffle, there was a certain lightness in his step. He wouldn’t admit it but he was genuinely happy that Uee had invited him to sit with her. Even though everyone claimed she was a , he knew, or at least he thought he did, that she was different.

“Yo! What’s up bro, how are you today?” a voice none other than Taecyeon’s called out to Yonghwa from behind. With a firm and almost painful clap on the back Taecyeon greeted the sulky new student who was the hottest subject amongst his new peers. “Dude, you gotta teach me your secret. Everyone is talking about you like you’re some kind of god. All the girls are all over you and even ‘Honey Thighs’ invited you to sit with her.”

“Honey Thighs?” he asked, hoping he wasn’t referring to Uee.

“Duh, did you not see that pair of legs on that girl. UNF,” he grunted. “The things I would do with those legs.”

“Taecyeon, if you don’t want to die right now, stop talking,” Yonghwa coldly threatened.

“Woah chill man, I was only pointing out what everyone else was thinking. You don’t have to be defensive about it. It’s not like you’re her boyfriend or anything so back off dude. Unless… holy you like Uee!!” Taecyeon yelled in the busy hallway. Students all turned to look at the disturbance the tall and muscular loser known as Taecyeon was causing. Normally they would just go about their business, but the new cutie of the school, Jung Yonghwa, was also there this time around.

“Tch, whatever you say. If you want to think that and it makes you feel better, then do that. I don’t really care. I gotta get to class so I’ll be going now,” Yonghwa excused himself.

“What the hell is wrong with that guy? I was only kidding around…” Taecyeon mumbled to himself.

Yonghwa continued his arduous trek to the dreaded calculus class where he sat next to the nuisance known as Seohyun. Even though she really wasn’t all that bad, she rubbed him the wrong way and it just made him want to pick her up and throw her out the classroom window. He decided to just ignore her for the most part and not be too cold to her since he was in a good mood. Well he was as close to a good mood as he could get anyways.

“Oh, Yonghwa-shi good morning. How are you today?” the girl that was just in his thoughts greeted.

“I’m fine,” he grunted.

“Are you ready for today’s test? Shi seonsaeng says we are having a mock test for the college entrance exams that we have to take. I’m kind of worried since it’s going to cover things that we haven’t even learned yet. How do you think you’ll do?” she continued to speak.

“…”

“Yonghwa-shi?” she cutely questioned. He finally acknowledged her existence and proceeded to stare at her with a blank expression. She just stared back with her big and bright eyes defiantly, hoping that she would eventually win and get the response she wanted from him.

“Seohyun, Yonghwa stop staring into each other’s eyes. I hope I didn’t make a mistake by putting you two together. You both should know well that public displays of affection are not allowed in my class. If this gets to be a problem I will take measures in response,” the short haired woman at the front of the class scolded. Seohyun closed her eyes and lowered her head in embarrassment as the rest of the class erupted in giggles. Yonghwa, unaffected by the embarrassing comments from the teacher, turned his head to face forward as if nothing happened.

“Now class, the whole school is taking the mock exam for the upcoming entrance exams. Since you are all considered some of the brightest, you’ll all be taking exams that are up to par with the difficulty of the big three universities in Korea: Yonsei, Korea and Seoul National,” Miss Shi explained to the now worried students. It was true that they were all pretty smart, they wouldn’t be in a college level math class if they weren’t, but even this was an intimidating exam for them.

“Is this the entire test or is it just the math portion?” a male student in one of the back rows asked.

“Yes, even though this is a math course, your entire grade is taking this exam regardless of what class they may be in right now. You may start when everyone gets their test. Since this is a three hour long examination period, once you finish you’re required to go out to the athletic field for an extended physical education class,” she finished explaining.

Soon enough the sound of twenty-five pencils scratching furiously as the students worked was heard. Frustration and anxiety made their way onto the faces of each of the students except for the newly formed pair of Seohyun and Yonghwa. Seohyun wore an expression of determination, while Yonghwa continued to show his dislike of his current situation as he always did.

Within an hour the sound of someone getting up to leave was heard in the silent room. Since it was virtually impossible for someone to be done with a three hour exam within just an hour, everyone’s heads shot up to see who it was. They all expected the girl who was at the top of their class, Seohyun, to be finished but were all surprised to see Jung Yonghwa standing up.

“Ahem, Mister Jung do you need something?” their judgmental calculus teacher asked.

“No, I’m just wondering where you want me to put this exam,” he responded in a monotone voice. Even though he was pretty much emotionless, tests still managed to drive him just as crazy as anyone else. He was definitely not in the mood to play games with the hateful teacher. “You never specified what to do with it,” he pointed out.

“Are you sure you’re done? Did you double check your answers? Even though this is a mock exam, the basic structure is the same as the college entrance exams. Did you even bother to take this seriously?” she questioned.

“There would be no reason for me to lie about this exam. I took it with as much seriousness as I could. Now I believe that we are disturbing the rest of the class so I will take my leave now,” he reminded her before heading out of the door. The teacher scoffed at his arrogant behavior, secretly hoping that he would get a low score just for being rude to her. As she wasn’t allowed to look at the exam because it was an official government issued exam, she couldn’t check to see if his claims were true. In her opinion, it was impossible for anyone to finish an exam where 20-30% of it was content nobody had seen before.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Luckily the weather allowed for a day out in the open air for the students that were done taking the test. So far it looked like nobody else had finished besides Yonghwa. He reached the locker rooms after being yelled at by yet another judgmental teacher. It was sickening to him that every teacher treated him badly just because he was a poor student on a scholarship. Just as he finished tying the last knot on his sneakers he heard footsteps approaching him. He didn’t care who it was so he just brushed it off and headed his way.

“Well, well look who it is. If it isn’t the poor bastard that thinks he’s the king of the school,” an annoyingly familiar person teased. “I guess you must be a for being here so soon. I guess you just couldn’t get through the test and you just gave up. Well, I guess it’s expected from a street dog like you. So what the hell do you think you’re doing here? Why don’t you just…”

“Shikkeureo…” Yonghwa muttered under his breath.

“What was that?”

“I told you to shut up. Do you not understand Korean or did I stutter?” he responded to the spiky haired snob of a person named Seung Ri.

“Do you still not know who I am? I am pretty much the ruler of this school. I’m probably the richest person our age in all of Korea. Do you really think you want to be talking to me like that? I guess I didn’t explain myself well enough last time we had a conversation,” Seung Ri ranted.

“Do you think I give a rat’s about how much money you have? Look, I don’t have any problems with you so just leave me alone and shut the hell up. Take your money and go shove it up someone’s who cares because I have no business with you,” Yonghwa replied without turning around to face him. “Stay the hell out of my way because that money of yours doesn’t matter to me.”

“ing street trash… Who the hell do you think you are talking to me like that? You’ll be eating your words soon enough. When you come begging me on your knees for mercy, I’ll make you work like the dog you are for it. Now get the hell out of my sight before I decide to kick your right now,” Seung Ri threatened. Yonghwa who wasn’t in the least hoping to fight him, headed out the door quietly. He wasn’t too happy on receiving yet another instance of unwanted attention, but in order to lay low he decided to end it right then and there.

“Why is this troublesome school such a drag?” he asked himself when he finally reached the field. This was one part of the school he had not yet visited. The athletic facilities here made it seem as if they could hold Olympic events whenever they felt like it. It made his old school’s field look like a poor person’s backyard, if he had to make a comparison. Immediately, a large tree on the farthest side of the field caught his interest. It was a large tree with not very many leaves, but a great number of thick, low-hanging branches. Right under it was a small wooden bench covered in the great shade the tree offered. It looked like the perfect spot for him to grab a quick wink of sleep.

As he crossed the field he glanced around, noticing all the things the school had to offer. There was a nicely paved basketball court where a few students were having a quick game. Across from that were some metal structures, possibly for some sort of gymnastics practice but he couldn’t tell. At the far end of the field by the tree was a track where a few students seemed to be having a race. Overall it was the same basic setup he had seen at other schools except this school was much better equipped.

“Oh Yonghwa sunbae annyeong,” a small girl greeted. He recognized the girl from his Japanese class. She must have been a smart girl in order for her to be in the same class with a bunch of seniors as a freshman, but in the end he didn’t really care. Standing next to her were two other girls that looked about the same age as her. From the way they were dressed, he assumed they were out for their PE class as well.

“What is it?” he asked without even glancing at her a second time.

“Woah what’s this guy’s problem?” one of the girls asked.

“Krystal...”

“What? I’m just pointing out how much of a jerk this guy is. You don’t have to defend him Jiyoung, he’s just being a . Let’s just go,” the girl Jiyoung referred to as Krystal suggested.

“Wait, let’s at least introduce ourselves before we go. Jung Yonghwa, we are: The Cuties of Daewon Prep!” Jiyoung cutely yelled out. At the end of her exclamation the three girls standing to his side struck a cute but rather awkward pose. “This girl to my right is Krystal Jung and to my left is Choi Sulli. We are the cutest girls in our entire grade and we have all the boys crazy about us. Would you like us to show you our aegyo?”

“No thanks,” he replied almost cutting her off. “Leave me alone, I don’t want to play with you three. Go find someone your own age to play house with you or something.”

“What the hell is your deal? Jiyoung was just trying to be nice and say hi to you. There’s no need to be mean to her,” Krystal reproached him.

“I didn’t ask for her to introduce herself or you, now get lost.”

“YAH!” Krystal yelled before taking off in his direction. Sulli and Jiyoung rushed to her side and held her back. Krystal may have looked like a cute little girl, but she would pack a serious punch if she had to.

“Leave him alone, I think he’s always like that,” Sulli pointed out.

“Jiyoung are you okay?” she asked the sensitive girl currently holding in the tears in her eyes. Jiyoung was almost too nice for her own good. Perhaps it was because of her age, but she was extremely naïve and she just wanted to be friends with everyone. After hearing so much from Hara and Gyuri about him, she wanted to become his friend too.

“Yeah, I’m fine thanks,” she sniffled.

He finally reached the tree that he had wanted to reach before being interrupted by the annoying little girls. With a slight jump from the wooden bench, he caught the lowest branch of the tree and pulled himself up. As he expected, the tree was going to be perfect. The branch was thick enough for him to lie on against the trunk. The best part about it was that the angle of coverage was enough for nobody to notice he was there. He glanced around to see if anyone had seen him in order to avoid any more people from coming to ‘greet’ him. He still couldn’t understand why so many people wanted to talk to him even though he was clearly NOT interested.

He checked his watch which told him it was just about to be 9:30. With a look on his face that was almost a smile, he reminded himself that in about three hours he would be sitting with someone that he had wanted to sit with since he was a kid. After fiddling with the buttons to set the alarm to wake him up, he drifted into a light sleep. Even though he sped through the test with ease, it had still taken a lot out of him. A couple hours of sleep before meeting Uee at lunch seemed like a perfect idea to him.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“So are you going to confess today? Jiyoung you better know what you’re getting yourself into. Are you really sure you want to do that?” an annoying voice questioned, waking up Yonghwa in the process. Thinking he overslept he abruptly sat up and looked at his watch. When he saw that it read 11:45am, he looked down angrily at the owner of the voice. It was none other than the little runt that threatened him earlier that day, Krystal Jung.

“What a pain…” he mumbled.

“Yeah I’m going to do it today,” Hara’s little sister affirmed. “I’ll definitely do it today. Today sunbae will hear all about my feelings.”

“Are you really, really, really, really sure? This isn’t a game Jiyoung and I hope you know that. If things don’t go right I hope you don’t cry like you always do. If you cry I’m going to kick your . Then again, if that bastard makes you cry, I’ll kick his first,” Krystal promised while pounding her fist into her open hand. “So what’s the plan?”

“Jiyoung says she made him something since his birthday is this weekend or something. Look at that girl,” Sulli groaned. “She’s off in La La land somewhere and I’m dreading the outcome of this so much. I want to stop her but she’s so damn stubborn that she won’t listen.”

“Hey, I’m right here and I can hear you…” Jiyoung cut in. “I got this under control girls. I’ll just confess confidently, hand him my present, and shoot him some aegyo. He will totally fall for me,” she finished with a giggle.”

“What about his girlfriend? He is kind of taken you know,” Sulli pointed out nonchalantly.

“Well unnie won’t mind if I tell him. Besides I know I’m not going to end up being with him. I just really want him to acknowledge my feelings. As long as he accepts my gift and lets me down gently I’ll be happy,” she sighed with a smile. She was b with confidence, but both Sulli and Krystal knew that it was all going down the crapper once the moment of truth came.

“Ugh…” Yonghwa inwardly moaned. He was getting sick of hearing these little girls gossip and talk about how they were going to confess. It was good and all that they had something like that going on in their lives, but last time he checked he wasn’t included so he didn’t give a crap. If only he could get down and tell them off, but that would only make things worse. He was willing to bet that Krystal girl would go ape and claim he was eavesdropping on them. He honestly didn’t think they were so bad, just that Krystal was too damn loud for her own good.

“Omo! He’s coming! He’s coming!” Jiyoung giddily pointed out. “Just stay behind me girls, I’ll handle this one all by myself.”

Yonghwa heard footsteps approaching in the sandy soil that was under the tree. He assumed the person sat on the bench since he didn’t hear the footsteps keep going by. If he had been anyone else, he surely would have looked out of curiosity. He was Jung Yonghwa, though, so he didn’t bother. He could sense Jiyoung and the girls standing from behind the tree so he didn’t even bother trying to go back to sleep since he knew a bomb was about to set off.

“Su-sun-sunbae,” he heard Jiyoung stutter. Sulli and Krystal made their palms ungracefully meet their foreheads as they heard Jiyoung’s confidence fade. They knew she was going to be all talk and no walk, but they let her go through with it anyway. “I-I-I have something to tell you.”

“Hm?” a male voice grunted.

“Um… you see… well… ever since… hmm how should I say this?” she continued to stutter.

“Girl just tell him already!” Krystal yelled and shoved Jiyoung closer to her target.

“Ever since I saw you when we went to the same middle school together, I’ve li-li-liked you. I know you have a girlfriend and everything, but I’m not-not expecting for you to return my feelings,” Jiyoung began. Her hands were behind her holding a green and yellow wrapped box with a bow on it. “I um… want you to have this gift as a symbol of my feelings. It took me a long time to make and every single bit of it was made with you in mind.” She shoved the gift box forward into his arms while bowing her head down.

The young man took it in his hands and sloppily ripped it open. Inside the box was a royal blue and deep crimson scarf. If he hadn’t just been told that she made it, he would surely have asked if she had bought it at a store. He took it in his hands and ran his fingers on it. Jiyoung saw as he slowly inspected it without any sign of dissatisfaction. The nervous smile on her face was replaced by a content smile, with Sulli and Krystal displaying it too.

“What the hell is this?” a voice familiar to Yonghwa’s ears asked. “Oh thanks Jiyoung I actually really needed this. I just beat up a couple of guys practicing my taekwondo form and I sweat up a storm. Thanks for thinking about me Jiyoung.” The young man then left the three girls in front of him in shock as he took the scarf and cleaned the glistening liquid from his head and the rest of his body.

“Sun-sunbae…”

“What…? You don’t actually think that I would accept your little gift did you? I don’t need trash like this. If I wanted something like this I would have gone to the dump and picked out a random piece of . Do yourself a favor little girl and piss off. If you already knew I had a girlfriend why did you ask me? Oh wait… silly me, it’s not like I would have accepted you even if I didn’t have a girl already,” he taunted evilly.

“Sun-sunbae……” Jiyoung sniffled.

“Oh, is the little baby going to cry now? Here you might want to take this and wipe your tears with it,” he continued to taunt. “Oh wait never mind, you’re probably some creepy stalker that will worship this since my sweat is on it. I better fix that.” He dropped the scarf to the ground and stepped on it, covering it with the reddish, sandy soil.

“Yah! What the heck is your deal? If you didn’t want to accept it then you could have said so nicely. You didn’t have to go and do that,” an outburst from Krystal’s direction erupted.

“Oh sorry, let me clean that up for you then,” he teased. On the bench was the water bottle he had been drinking out of before Jiyoung approached him. He took a giant gulp of it and spit it out all over the scarf. “Oh man it doesn’t look like water is going to do the trick. I think if I stomp it some more it will come out for sure.” Each continuous stomp covered the scarf in the reddish mud he created with his water.

“That’s it this bastard is going down,” Krystal stated before rushing at him. The boy easily dodged her as she charged being the taekwondo practitioner that he was. “ stand still so I can knock your lights out.” He laughed at her threat, thinking it was rather cute that she thought she could take him. With a flick of his wrist a loud clapping noise as heard and Krystal dropped to the ground clutching her face.

“Krystal!” Sulli yelled worriedly before rushing to her side. “Why are you hitting a girl?!”

“Aw comon now, she came at me first.” He let out another laugh as Sulli charged at him managing to grab onto him. He pushed her forehead back as she tried to bite him in vain. Before he realized it Jiyoung was latched onto his arm, begging for him to stop what he was doing. With an effortless push, Sulli was dropped to the ground not too far from Krystal. He turned around to give Jiyoung the same slap he had given Krystal. Jiyoung braced herself for the impact, but when she heard a different noise from when Krystal was slapped, she was surprised to see the sight in front of her.

“Sunbae…”

“Tch, you guys really make it hard for a guy to lay low around here huh?” Yonghwa complained, finishing off with a loud yawn. Seung Ri looked up at Yonghwa’s face and noticed Yonghwa’s hand tightly grasping his own, just inches away from Jiyoung’s face. “Krystal you’re the loudest little girl I’ve heard in my life. I know we’re outside, but your outside voice is too damn loud.”

“Just what the do you think you’re doing?” Seung Ri asked the newcomer.

“Well I was trying to sleep, but you seem to want to prevent that. Oh, sorry if I’m interrupting something here,” he said with another yawn.

“You’re dead.” Seung Ri, forcibly pulled his hand out of Yonghwa’s grip and took a fighting stance. The three girls looked at Yonghwa with a worried look. Everyone in Daewon knew that Seung Ri had gone to the junior world championships since he was 8 and could take on twenty skilled fighters at once. In their eyes Yonghwa’s blood was going to color the soil redder than it already was. Yonghwa stood as he had been, not taking any sort of stance indicating he was going to fight back. Instead his eyes roamed over Seung Ri’s body, carefully examining the weaknesses and flaws in his stance. Seung Ri began to move towards him, giving Yonghwa an opportunity to read how he moved.

Seung Ri barraged Yonghwa with a flurry of punches, each one just barely missing. Seung Ri’s face showed distress as Yonghwa easily dodged the swift punches that made his way towards him. Right and left fists moved rapidly, some of which the bystanding girls couldn’t even see. Yonghwa on the other hand could see the clearly and perfectly, reacting just at the right moment to dodge them. He noticed tension in Seung Ri’s right leg and braced himself for a kick. At his distance he couldn’t dodge it, but that didn’t mean he didn’t have a plan.  

“Might as well take the hit…” he thought to himself. A thud was heard when Seung Ri’s knee connected with his stomach. The three girls watching could only gasp as they saw Yonghwa flinch in pain. Yonghwa just smiled in Seung Ri’s face and grabbed onto his leg. Using all of his strength, Yonghwa threw him a few feet in front of him, causing Seung Ri to hit the ground hard.

“You piece of …” Seung Ri cursed as he did a small flip to stand up. “You’re going to wish you hadn’t took me on. I didn’t want to go serious on you, but you leave me no choice.” Seung Ri charged once again with Yonghwa analyzing his body movements once more. Seung Ri’s fist was centimeters from hitting Yonghwa when Yonghwa dodged and struck Seung Ri square in the chest with an open palm. From his analysis he determined that he would be knocked off balance if he was struck there. Seung Ri fell to the ground once again with an audible thud.

“Taekwondo master huh? I guess you bought all of your belts and medals hehe,” Yonghwa taunted. “I say we end this here before someone gets hurt.”

“Oh someone is getting hurt alright, but it sure as hell won’t be me.” By now Seung Ri had lost any focus he had to begin with. His only intent now was to make Yonghwa shed blood. At first he was having fun, but the tables had turned. This time he didn’t attack as soon as he reached Yonghwa but instead tried using Yonghwa’s tactic of getting hit and then countering. Yonghwa wasn’t an idiot and he knew what Seung Ri was up to. He knew how to fix that, though.

“Why aren’t you attacking? Are you scared? This fight is such a drag,” Yonghwa repeated the line that was sure to become his catch phrase as well as letting out a yawn. “Can’t you hit any harder or move faster? I can see all your movements and this is getting stale. I might just have to go sleep for a while until this gets fun.”

Seung Ri took the bait and continued his onslaught of punches. Yonghwa was telling the truth when he said that it was getting stale. It was time to end it. He stood still waiting for Seung Ri to aim at his face and he caught the hand in a similar fashion from when he saved Jiyoung. This time he had no intention of letting go nicely. Before Seung Ri knew it, his feet were lifted off of the ground and his body was on the floor for the third time. A cry of pain from him as well as the preceding crack indicated that somewhere in his body a bone had broken.

“Too easy,” Yonghwa scoffed.

“What the… are… you..?” Seung Ri mumbled through pained gasps and ragged breathing.

“Don’t you remember? I’m just a street dog that doesn’t know his place. Or at least that’s what you told me,” he sarcastically replied. “Now get the hell out of here before I really hurt you.”

“How could I have lost? HOW!? You’re nothing and I’m ME. I’ve won medals against people twice my size and age. How the hell did I lose to a piece of trash like you?” Seung Ri questioned.

“I’ve never taken a martial arts class, but i do remember one of the first rules of it. I fought you to protect someone, you fought me for your own selfish desires. I think you can add 2 and 2 together. It sounds so cliché but I’m sure that’s the reason,” Yonghwa replied in a know-it-all manner. “Now scram before I get serious…”

“Jung Yonghwa, I hope you know what this means. You and I are now at war. Prepare yourself for the next time I decide to fight you. You’ll need machines just to keep you alive…” Seung Ri stood up and ran off into the distance like a dog with its tail between its legs. Yonghwa was surprised he would move that fast in his current state, but he assumed Seung Ri’s hate for him was just that strong.

“Hey, you okay?” he asked, going back in his uncaring tone. He bent over to run his hand over Krystal’s face and examine it. “Hmm, it looks like it won’t bruise but, it is a little red. Go tell the teacher to get you some ice or something.” Krystal sighed in relief at how dense Yonghwa seemed to be. If he really paid attention he would have realized that it was her blushing rather than the impact. He walked over to Sulli and noticed a few scratches on her knees but other than that she seemed fine.

“Oppa…” Jiyoung mumbled. Yonghwa turned around and was met with a giant tackle from the girl that caused the problem to begin with. “Thank you oppa! Thank you!” she cried.

“Eh? Oppa? How troublesome…” he moaned. Jiyoung just kept crying into his chest. “Girl… get off of me.” After what seemed to him like hours of her crying on him, she raised her head to meet his gaze. In front of him he saw a pair of large, round and puffy eyes that were producing tears uncontrollably. “Look, I know you liked that , but forget him. He’s a worthless piece of trash that doesn’t deserve your tears.” As he said that he ran his thumb across her face, wiping away the warm liquid made of pure sadness.

“Yonghwa oppa,” the other two girls called out. “Thank you for saving us.” They bowed humbly in gratitude making Yonghwa want to leave even more. He made a motion to leave, but noticed the gift box and scarf on the floor. He bent over to pick the scarf up and put it inside the box gently. He threw the box over to Jiyoung.

“I liked the green and yellow colors of the box better than the red and blue. Now get the heck out of here before a teacher shows up and you get in trouble,” he ordered. A nod from all three showed they agreed and they all ran off into the distance.

“Oppa was sooooooooo cool,” Sulli squealed when they were out of earshot from him.

“I was wrong about him. I feel bad now…” Krystal admitted ashamedly. “He’s actually a really good guy. I guess he just doesn’t like to show it. How are you doing Jiyoung? Jiyoung? Earth to Jiyoung!”

“He’s a worthless piece of trash that doesn’t deserve your tears…”     “I liked the green and yellow better…” Those words kept ringing through Jiyoung’s head. She raised her hand and felt the spot where Yonghwa had brushed away her tears just moments before. Once again tears ran down her cheeks, but this time for a different reason.

“Jiyoung?! Why are you crying?” her best friends cried out.

“I’m… I’m… I want to… Yonghwa oppa… thank you.”

Meanwhile Yonghwa sat at the bench waiting for his punishment to come. Seung Ri was an unprincipled and he knew that he would fight dirty. All he had to do was wait for a teacher to come and chew him out for breaking Seung Ri’s hand.

“JUNG YONGHWA!!” a voice bellowed. “Come with me this instant!” Yonghwa stood up from his spot on the bench and followed his gorilla of a PE teacher. “You’re going to wish that you didn’t ever come to this school,” the large man growled.

“Oh is that so? So what do you have planned for me?” Yonghwa playfully asked.

“Don’t get smart with me boy. When I was in the army I was known as ‘The Exterminator.’ I’m going to make you work so hard you’re going to wish you weren’t born with arms.”

“Oh really? Well then if that’s the case, then let’s go talk to Mister Kang. I’m sure he would love to see what you’re planning to do to me. Hey, if you won’t go, I will. You know if you turn me into him before I turn YOU into him, you’ll still end up winning,” Yonghwa reasoned. The man was dumb, but he knew Principal Kang was not one for physical punishments. Even though he had been outsmarted by a punk, he knew to what extent he could punish him without being punished himself.  Yonghwa smirked triumphantly once he realized that they were making their way towards the principal’s office and not his teacher’s office. His smirk faded once he realized he would miss lunch with Uee, but he figured that he might as well lay low before Seung Ri spread more lies about him.

 

 

Author’s Note: So I decided to make this into a Yonghwa/Jiyoung story since YongSeo is boring. LOL JK that's the biggest lie ever. I would never turn this story into anything but YongSeo. Sorry for not putting Seohyun into this chapter much but this chapter set up a lot of future chapters. The punishment that Yonghwa is going to get is going to definitely influence the events between the two. Also Seung Ri’s declaration of war is necessary to set up the future protagonist/antagonist relationship between the two. Last but not least it makes Yonghwa cool in the eyes of three fifteen year old girls, I mean… how awesome is that? Anways, I’ll try to update, but I can’t make promises. I have tests all next week AND THEN finals the week after. Who the hell schedules these things...? Peace out homies :)

 

P.S. I've noticed that my story is somewhat hard to read cause of how its strucutred. If it matters to you, would it be better for me to indent all of my new paragraphs? I feel like that would be best but I want to know what you guys think.