Apologies

I'm a Loner

Chapter 31 – Apologies

 

 

“Yah! Seohyun ah hurry up! We’re going to be late for school!” Yonghwa yelled at the girl taking more than twenty minutes to get ready.

“I’m out already jeez,” the hurried girl complained. “If I had known you were such a nerd and loved school so much, I wouldn’t have started to date you.”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever, let’s go,” he commanded as he pulled the girl forcefully out of the apartment. “So remember what we did yesterday and the day before in that forest?”

“You mean you being super sweet, cheesy, and adorable?” Seohyun asked in a playful voice. She couldn’t get enough of teasing him over the past few days since he would always get flustered and begin to blush. She supposed it was because it was his first time having a girlfriend and he was embarrassed about it. Sadly, he didn’t react in his usual way and just stared her down with a strong glare.

“Yeah, that,” he responded in his usual voice from before they were dating. “Forget all about it. Jung Yonghwa doesn’t do that kind of stuff so it never happened. Got it?”

“No, I think I would remember you being so cliché and cheesy. I think that will be something I will never forget,” Seohyun mocked once more. Yonghwa threw yet another glare at his girlfriend to indicate he was serious. “Alright, fine fine you win. I won’t tell anyone about it. It will be our little secret. Nobody will ever know that you set up one of the cutest things I’ve ever seen in my life. Aw, I forgot to bring Yong bear with us. I’m sure he would have loved to see it.”

“Yong bear?” Yonghwa asked as they made their way to the school. “Oh right, that bear I gave you at the mall. You still kept it even though it says you’re a drag? You sure have some weird taste.” It was a little disappointing to see Yonghwa act so distant and irritable but then again, she realized that’s the kind of person she fell in love with in the first place.

“Yes, I kept the bear,” Seohyun responded in a matter-of-fact voice. “I see you’re back to your usual jerky self. Well, the cute Yong oppa was cute while it lasted.” Upon calling him that nickname his face showed a slight blush on it. It wasn’t as bad as the blushing he had done over the past few days, but it was a blush nonetheless.

“Don’t call me Yong oppa. It’s really embarrassing,” he responded in a shy voice. After clearing his throat forcefully, he went back to his usual composed self.

“No, I’ll call you whatever I want. You’re older than me and you’re my boyfriend so I have to call you oppa. Also, Yonghwa is too long to say.”

“It’s two freaking syllables. Everyone in Korea has a two syllable name,” Yonghwa pointed out smartly. “There’s no reason to shorten my name to one syllable. If you’re going by that logic then you have to shorten everyone else’s name.”

“Do you always have to be a party pooper? I’ll call you whatever I want since it’s my mouth that I’m using. Anyways, we should hurry and get to – Crap! Hide!” Seohyun exclaimed suddenly while she pulled Yonghwa into someone’s bushes. “We have to split up here and go our separate ways. You’re still a jerk so nobody will notice anything. I’ll try my best to not call you Yong oppa in front of anyone else. Alright, just wait here and count to 100. I’ll be at my locker by then. I’m leaving, bye!”

“Ahahah, no,” Yonghwa laughed sarcastically. “What the hell do you think you’re doing? Why the hell should we do this to walk into school?”

“Look over at the front gate. Who do you see there waiting for us?” Seohyun asked an annoyed looking Yonghwa.

“Hara and Yoona, but I hardly see what that has to do with you making us hide,” Yonghwa pointed out dryly. “Let’s just go inside already. I really don’t feel like having Shi seonsaeng get mad at me. She already hates me even though I’m the smartest person in her class. Just because you’re teacher’s pet doesn’t mean you get to ruin my life.”

“Yeah, about that…” Seohyun began nervously. After scratching her head a few times and biting her lip in frustration she began to speak again. “I kinda didn’t tell them we were going out yet. I would rather tell them on my own if you don’t mind. If we go up to them now and you’re holding my hand they’ll freak out and begin to squeal like a bunch of shawols that got to hug a SHINee member.”

“Ugh, fine go on ahead.” Seohyun jumped up and down happily and gave Yonghwa a small peck on the lips before running off towards her best friends. Yonghwa watched her get farther and farther away from him and shook his head. “Of course I would be dating a freak like her. Yonghwa what the hell did you get yourself into?”

“Seohyun! Girl we have been looking all over for you,” Yoona squealed. “What happened to you at prom? We got a weird call from Yonghwa telling us to look for you, but he never told us why. Did something happen? How come you just disappeared from the ballroom after Yonghwa called us? You had us really worried.”

Before Seohyun had a chance to speak up, she heard a male voice behind her speak up. Almost immediately, she felt like she was turned into a stone as she recognized the owner of it. “She found Seung Ri and Uee having in one of the hotel rooms. I kicked Seung Ri’s , stole Seohyun from him, and now we’re dating. Is that a good enough explanation for you guys?”

“Yonghwa…” Seohyun mumbled as she grasped the severity of the situation. In front of her were two stunned girls that looked like they had just seen a ghost. She took a look behind her and noticed Yonghwa standing there with his typical frown-wearing face. Now she knew she was screwed and would never hear the end of it from her two friends.

“I’m sorry, I don’t think I quite caught that last part,” Hara spoke up. “Mind repeating that again?”

“Seohyun and I are a couple now. We got together after prom and we went on a trip all of yesterday and the day before. I guess that’s why Seohyun didn’t get a chance to tell you guys.” With that explanation, Yonghwa threw and arm around his girlfriend’s shoulders and began to walk into the school. From the looks of the situation, none of the three girls present had any words and just followed Yonghwa quietly.

“Yonghwa, people are looking at us weird. Don’t you care?” Seohyun asked embarrassedly as millions of eyes focused on them.

“No, I don’t give a damn. If you want to stop dating because I embarrass you then just say so,” Yonghwa suggested angrily. “Speak up now if that’s how you feel.”

“No, it’s just a little weird to have everyone stare at you,” Seohyun responded shyly. She felt a little bad for saying something like that to Yonghwa. She supposed she should not only think of herself and also of him. He didn’t seem to mind the stares since he was probably used to it. It was better that they got this stage of their relationship over with as quick as possible in order to avoid problems.

“Yonghwa, may we borrow Seohyun for a little bit?” Hara asked politely. “We have a few things to talk about with her. It’ll just be a few minutes while Yoona pulls a few things out of her locker.” Yonghwa released his grip on the self-conscious woman and allowed her to talk to her friends. Taecyeon was at Yoona’s locker already and he walked over to greet Yonghwa. Soon enough, the group of friends exchanged stories about how prom went and how the new couple had been formed.

“Yah, my little friend Yonghwa is all grown up. So how was that camping trip yesterday? I bet you got some serious action if you guys slept there for a whole night. I bet it was super hot when she was all scared of the dark and you brought her protectively in your arms so you could keep her safe from the spooky forest. Damn, just thinking about it makes me want to take Yoona someplace like that,” Taecyeon ertedly answered. Yonghwa had already learned to ignore Taecyeon’s strange and awkward comments.

“No, it’s not like that. I’m not a ert like you Taecyeon. Anyways, did we have any English homework? I totally forgot over this past weekend.” Yonghwa could hear the girls giggling as Seohyun told them the entire story, complete with details. Yonghwa had just told Taecyeon that they’d gone camping. He never said what they did or what they saw there. Yonghwa rolled his eyes as he heard Seohyun tell the girls about the lake, the flowers, and just about everything there was to tell. However, everyone’s heads ce they heard a loud outburst coming from the lockers from around the corner.

“Seung Ri, seriously listen to me!” a voice belonging to the most popular girl at school cried. “We really have to talk.” The man she was desperately trying to talk to seemed to have no intentions of even looking at her. Soon enough there was a growing crowd of students itching to see some sort of fight break out. Among those students was the close group of friends that had just confessed they were dating.

“ off Uee, I don’t want to see you anymore. You ing ruined everything at prom and it’s your fault for being such damn . I don’t have anything more to say to you so just leave me the hell alone!” Seung Ri yelled at the girl he once was best friends with. “I don’t need something like you by my side anymore.”

“We really have to talk Seung Ri,” Uee begged once more. Seung Ri turned to face her and gave her a cocky smile.

“Hmm, let me thinking about it… No! Uee get away from me before I kick your . I don’t give a rat’s if you’re a girl or not. I will not hesitate to hit a such as yourself. I was taught never to hit ladies, but you’re not a lady. You’re just a cheap that everyone knows will spread her legs easily. I thoroughly enjoyed playing around with you. All those nights of you writhing under me in pleasure indicated that you felt the same way. Now that we have no use for each other, why don’t we end this little fling of ours?” The whole crowd of students began to murmur as they connected the dots. Soon enough everyone began to call Uee a and that they knew she was up to something.

“Seung Ri! How can you say this stuff in front of everyone here?! Are you crazy!? Let’s talk somewhere in private!” Uee begged once more.

“Oh, you don’t want people to find out how big of a you are? You don’t want people to know how you moaned in pleasure as I entered you? I guess you don’t want people knowing how much of a little you were whenever we were in bed together. How about I describe a few of our passionate nights to everyone here so they find out what kind of person you really are,” Seung Ri continued to mock. Even if Uee was a bad person, people felt she didn’t need to be humiliated in that way.

“Please Seung Ri! Please listen to me!” Uee cried. Tears began to form in her eyes as she made her way to his side. Seung Ri turned to face her once more and gave her another smile. This time instead of throwing more insulting words at her, he threw her a few feet ahead of him. “Why did you push me?”

“I can’t have a like you touching me. It was fun while it lasted Uee. Whenever my little buddy and I are feeling bored I’ll give you a call. I’m sure you will be more than happy to help me relieve myself,” Seung Ri mocked. Just before he turned to walk away, Uee began to sob loudly. Yonghwa and Seohyun knew Uee was a very good actress, but even they could tell she was in a state of great distress. She was definitely not faking the tears coming out of her eyes.

“Seung Ri get your back here! I’m pregnant you bastard and it’s your kid!” Uee yelled loudly through the halls. The crowd erupted in a fit of gasps and murmuring once more. Uee was most definitely hurt if she was sitting in the hall confessing she was pregnant to half of the school.

“What did you say?” Seung Ri asked the girl that was getting up off of the floor. “Repeat that again.”

“I’m almost one month pregnant and I haven’t had with anyone but you. You better take responsibility for this since I’m not going down without taking you with me. If you think for a second you can get out of this mess, you’re dead wrong,” Uee sneered. The tears in her eyes became tears of anger as she gave the arrogant man a venom-filled stare.

“You actually think that I will take care of a kid just because we ed? You’re delusional Uee, you really are. Was this your plan all along? Did you purposefully get pregnant so you could tie me down? From the start we both agreed we would just have with no feelings involved. Or did you forget that?”

“Do you think this is a joke Seung Ri? I’m just as screwed in this situation as you are. Now, stop being a and listen to me. I didn’t get pregnant on purpose you idiot. What kind of 18-year-old would want to get pregnant? I don’t know what you’re going to do, but you’re going to fix this,” Uee pointed out angrily. Uee seemed to be oblivious to the entire crowd mocking her and insulting her integrity. To her it didn’t matter that people were judging her at that moment since she only wanted to get Seung Ri’s attention.

“Oh, I’ll fix it alright,” Seung Ri answered with an impish grin. Seung Ri walked over towards Uee slowly, as if he was finally listening to the angry girl in front of him. Yonghwa could tell Seung Ri wasn’t the kind of person that would give up so easily. If anything, Seung Ri would just cause more problems if he got closer to Uee. It was troublesome, but Yonghwa knew he had to intervene in order to avoid a catastrophe. “How’s this for fixing it?” Just as Seung Ri reached Uee’s side, he quickly raised a fist at her. Everyone in the crowd gasped as they saw Seung Ri aim a devastating blow at her stomach. No doubt he was trying to end the life living inside Uee.

Uee wasn’t someone who knew how to fight so she braced herself for the blow weakly. Everyone in the crowd closed their eyes as the fist was about to make contact with the girl’s belly, but only heard flesh hitting flesh. As if appearing from nowhere, Yonghwa was in front of Uee holding Seung Ri’s wrist in a tight grip. Those who had kept their eyes open didn’t even see Yonghwa move. Everyone was left speechless at the blinding speed Yonghwa showed as he blocked the hit.

“I knew you were a piece of trash, but I didn’t know it was that bad. You really are despicable aren’t you?” Yonghwa mocked while he placed more pressure on Seung Ri’s wrist. “How much makeup are you wearing right now Seung Ri? Your face looks like it hasn’t been touched at all, yet I clearly remember almost destroying it a few nights ago. Shall we repeat the events of prom night again for everyone else to see?” Yonghwa realized his voice was extremely cocky at the moment, but he didn’t care. He knew that he could take Seung Ri out because he wasn’t disciplined enough. Although Yonghwa was more of a street fighter and had no formal training, he never got angry as he fought. Seung Ri on the other hand used anger and hate as his drive to fight, which ultimately led him to be defeated again and again.

“You’re a cocky bastard you know that? Let go of my hand before I call the police on you,” Seung Ri commanded. Yonghwa’s face began to show a smirk even more arrogant than the one Seung Ri had just showed them moments ago.

“Oh really? I would love to see you explain to them how you almost wanted to murder that little life form inside of her just now. There’s dozens of witnesses around you and there’s no way out of this one Seung Ri. I suggest you get out of here while you can. I can’t promise you you’ll walk out of this alive,” Yonghwa explained to him.

“Hmph, it seems like you still have feelings for Uee huh? Does your little of a girlfriend know this? Does the girl you stole from me know this?” Yonghwa pulled forcefully on this wrist when he heard Seung Ri insult Min Jung and Seohyun, but not enough to break it.

“It’s not a matter of feelings. As much as I hate Uee, I can’t let her get hurt. This isn’t anything personal. Women are sacred and should never be touched. Anyone who hits a woman is a piece of trash that’s lower than a cockroach. The way you spoke about her as if she were an object that was made to bring you pleasure is bad enough. If you try to hit a woman, a pregnant one at that, I can’t stand still and do nothing,” Yonghwa answered maturely. The crowd began to applaud and cheer for Yonghwa as he gave his explanation to Seung Ri. Yonghwa looked over to his girlfriend and received a reassuring smile from her.

“You’re a hopeless sap. Let me go you bastard. Let Uee keep her child, I don’t care. It will be a little bastard like you. Maybe you can give it a home and raise it. After all, its mother is going to be a just like yours.” The bunch of teenagers moved out of the way when Seung Ri came flying in their direction.

“My mom wasn’t a . Even if she were, you’re nobody to judge her anyways. You’re a piece of trash that needs to be gotten rid of in this world. I may not have much to my name, but at least I’m a human being. Unlike you, I’m not an animal.” Seung Ri stood up from the ground and felt his lip begin to bleed. He had suffered yet another punch and humiliating defeat at the hands of Jung Yonghwa. Only this time, he had not only lost his dignity, but also his reputation amongst his peers.

“This isn’t over Yonghwa. You think you can get away with this? Well, see about that. Uee, keep your bastard child for all I care. Don’t ask me to be a part in its life because I don’t want to see it. Later losers.” The crowd erupted in boos and jeers directed in Seung Ri’s direction. Many people ran after him in order to teach him an even bigger lesson, but Yonghwa managed to calm everyone down.

“Are you alright?” Yonghwa asked the girl that had broken his heart not too long ago. Before Uee could nod in response, she began to tumble forward and faint. “! Seohyun, I’m going to take Uee to the nurse’s office. I’ll meet you in class in around five minutes. Everyone get out of here now unless you want to get in some serious trouble. Nothing happened here today! Got it!?” The mob dispersed upon hearing his words as he carried the unconscious girl bridal style towards the nurse.

“Women are so troublesome…” Yonghwa groaned.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“You know I never expected that to happen to Uee,” Seohyun began to speak while they walked home. “I knew they were having for a while, but I never thought she would get pregnant. I guess we can’t always predict the future.”

“Huh? Yeah…” Yonghwa absent mindedly responded. The couple had been walking for a few minutes while holding hands but Yonghwa seemed distant.

“Are you alright? You seem a little strange today. Are you tired?” Seohyun asked concernedly.

“No, I’m just a little worried. I hope you don’t think that I still like Uee, but I’m worried for her sake. Seung Ri is the biggest on the planet and he won’t give up that easily. He knows he’s cornered now and I know he’s going to try to pull something soon.  With Uee in her state, I don’t think she will be able to handle it alone,” Yonghwa explained. Seohyun admired Yonghwa even more than she already did when she heard him speak with so much concern. Even after all Uee had done to him, he still worried about her as if she were a friend.

“I don’t know why you didn’t have a girlfriend before this,” Seohyun joked. “You’re just about the sweetest guy anyone could ever want. Even though Uee was a total to you, you’re still thinking about her well-being. I’m a little more worried about what Seung Ri will do to you. I know how competitive he is and he will stop at nothing to humiliate his enemies.” Even though Yonghwa had been praised by Seohyun, he didn’t blush in his usual way. That gave Seohyun the idea that he was deep in thought and genuinely concerned about the dejected girl.

“I felt so bad when Uee was left to sit alone by herself at lunch. It’s not because of her personally, but because I know how it feels. She’s probably going through some really rough times because of that dickhead,” Yonghwa growled. It seemed that every time Seung Ri came to his mind he became angry.

“Hey, isn’t that Uee on the swings?” Seohyun pointed out while they walked past the elementary school. “Yeah, that’s her. Do you think we should go talk to her?”

“Go on ahead home, I’ll catch up in a bit,” Yonghwa ordered calmly. “You trust me right? You know I only have eyes for you, so don’t worry about me and Uee. I’ll try to see if we can help her out in any way possible.”

“Yeah, I trust you,” Seohyun responded with a nod. “I hope you can make her feel better. Even though I’ve disliked Uee for a while, I don’t wish this on anyone. I’ll see you in a bit.” Seohyun placed a quick kiss on his cheek and let go of his hand. Yonghwa turned his back to his girlfriend and walked into the elementary school. He made his way to the nurse’s office to pick up a bandage to place on her knee. He noticed that when Seung Ri pushed her down, she scraped her knee and didn’t properly take care of it. Along the way back, he noticed the vending machine with the same exact chocolate milk as he bought ten years ago. He chuckled to himself while walking back to meet Uee with the bandage and milk in his hand just as he had all those years back.

When Yonghwa made his way to the swings he walked around her so he could sneak up without being noticed. Just from the way she was slowly swaying back and forth he could tell she was feeling pretty bad. Uee brought her gaze from the floor to the man in front of her when she felt something stinging on her knee. “Hold still,” Yonghwa ordered. “This might sting a little because of the ointment on it, but it’ll be over quicky.” Uee flinched a little from the stinging sensation but allowed herself to be taken care of by the person she once hurt. “Here, drink this. It’ll make you feel better.”

“Why… are you helping me?” Uee confusedly asked. She stared at Yonghwa holding the glass bottle towards her as she tried to figure out his reasons for helping her. “Do you want to come make fun of me since you didn’t get to do it before? Alright, I’ll listen to it. I deserve your hate and scorn since I was such a bad person to you.”

“Nope, I didn’t come for that. Does this bring back any memories?” Yonghwa asked at the same time he hopped onto the swing next to her. “Does this scene seem familiar?” Uee opened the milk bottle and took one sip of the sweet liquid as she tried to remember.

“Wait! You’re that kid? You’re the boy from second grade that helped me when I fell down. You’re the one that brought me that bandage and gave me the milk all those years ago?” Uee asked in surprise. Yonghwa continued to swing and allow her to continue to remember things from their elementary school days. “Are you?”

“It took you long enough to remember,” Yonghwa mocked. “Did you really forget me like that Uee? Didn’t you ever find it funny how I knew your real name on my first day of school yet we had never met? I recognized you as soon as I saw you. I guess I was just that pitiful back then that you didn’t even remember me.” Uee stared at Yonghwa with her huge open eyes in surprise upon hearing his agreement.

“I… What… I don’t know what to say. I…”

“Don’t say anything. It’s not your fault you don’t remember. So how are you feeling? Do you know what you want to do with the baby?” Yonghwa asked concernedly.

“I don’t know,” she responded with desperation in her voice. “My parents are pretty understanding, but they won’t be happy when I tell them I’m pregnant. They’re not going to let it go if I tell them that Seung Ri is the father. His parents and mine have been friends since their companies started up and I can’t ruin that friendship.” Tears began to pool in her eyes, threatening to make her break out into sobs anytime soon.

“Do you want to keep it?” Yonghwa asked in a gentle voice. “Do you have the heart to end a life inside of you? I’m all for people having choices, but you have to think about the consequences.”

“I want to get rid of it. I want to just throw myself off a cliff and die right now. To be honest, I was almost disappointed when you blocked Seung Ri from hitting me. I’m only 18; I can’t take care of a baby.” By now, Uee’s eyes couldn’t hold her tears in anymore and sobs began to shake her body. “What do I do?!”

“It’s up to you Uee. I can’t tell you what to do with your body. Just go with what your heart tells you to do. I’ve lived my whole life listening to reason, but it doesn’t always work,” Yonghwa explained as he stared up at the fluffy white clouds in the light blue sky. “Your brain might know what’s best in terms of reality, but your heart knows what’s best for you. Just look inside yourself and see what you think will be the best course of action.”

“I don’t know what to do!” she cried hysterically. “I’m so confused and I just want to die. I’m so worthless and I have done nothing in this world except make others miserable. I don’t deserve to exist.”

“I’ll tell you something that someone very special to me once told me,” Yonghwa began. He stood up from his swing and walked over towards Uee. The sobbing girl looked up at him and stood up when he pulled her off of the swing. “Don’t hate yourself for being born. After today, I never want to see you wishing you weren’t born. Even if you think there is no reason for you to be here, I don’t believe that.” Even though it was a dangerous move, Yonghwa pulled Uee into a hug and let her cry into his shoulder. “Just cry it all out. After you get rid of all those tears, you’ll be able to see things clearly.”

“Why are you helping me?” Uee asked after she was done sobbing. “I’ve treated you like crap for almost an entire year. I even stomped all over your feelings when I figured you out. It doesn’t make any sense for you to do this.”

“Let’s just say I’m doing this for Kim Yu Jin and not Uee. I’m doing it in the memory of that pure-hearted innocent girl that I liked for almost 10 years. Then again, now that I think about it, I liked what she did for me. I don’t think I ever liked her,” Yonghwa laughed. It sounded silly to him to be telling Uee those things, but it was the truth. “Anyways, I guess if you have nothing else to say, I’ll get going. Seohyun is waiting for me and I wouldn’t want her to misunderstand.”

“Um, Yonghwa, I have a question,” Uee shyly pointed out.

“Yeah?”

“Is it too selfish of me to ask if you can like me again?” Uee boldy, while still being shy, asked. “Is it too late for that?”

“Yeah, it’s too late. Maybe if this had happened a few months ago I would take your offer. I’m sure I would be stupid enough to even make your child my own, but not now. I’m sorry Uee, but I can’t like you anymore. I have someone that is too important for me to ever leave,” Yonghwa responded confidently.

“I knew you would answer in that way, but it doesn’t hurt to ask you know?” Uee embarrassedly joked. “Then, is it okay for me to like you? Will you let me at least do that? To be honest, ever since the day you saved me all those times I’ve been thinking about you a lot. I guess it’s a little strange of me to tell you this, but I felt like I had to.”

“Are you sure you don’t just like what I did for you Uee? Make sure of that stuff before confessing your love to someone. Especially after that someone saved you from getting your kicked by the guy who knocked you up,” Yonghwa teased to lighten the mood. “I can’t control your feelings, so you can like whoever you want to. Well, I’ll see ya later. Cheer up alright?”

“Yonghwa, I’m sorry,” Uee quietly apologized before he turned to leave. “I’m so sorry for everything I’ve done to you and Seohyun so far. I know I don’t deserve your good intentions or your forgiveness, but I’ll be selfish and ask for it anyways.”

“Uee, I’ve already forgiven you all those months ago. There’s no reason for you to be sorry for anything. I don’t know about Seohyun, but there’s no reason you should apologize to me. What you did to me was painful, but I’m thankful for it. If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t be with Seohyun right now. Anyways, I seriously got to go.”

“Yonghwa, why didn’t I notice you before?” Uee mumbled to herself while watching him walk out of her line of sight.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Uee asked you for forgiveness?” Hara asked with a surprised face. “Holy crap the world is ending.”

“Yeah, Yonghwa are you sure you want to forgive her after what she did to you? People hardly change and I wouldn’t put it past Uee to be lying. Seohyun, talk to your pabo of a boyfriend to get him to open his eyes.” Seohyun sat at the lunch table uncomfortably and listened to all her friends badmouth Uee. Yonghwa had spoken to Seohyun after he tried to cheer Uee up and Seohyun felt horrible. Uee was a bad person, but she seemed so vulnerable from what Yonghwa had told her.

“Seohyun?” a meek voice from behind her asked. “May I talk to you?”

“Get lost Uee!” jeered all the people from Seohyun’s lunch table. “Yeah! We don’t need a like you infecting us here. Why don’t you go back to your snobby friends and ask them to take you back!” Uee flinched at the insults she was listening to, but she knew she earned them.

“Yeah, what’s wrong Uee? Your little friends all ditch you now that they know who you really are?” Yoona mocked. “You heard the crowd speak, so kindly leave. We have no business with you. Did you forget how you treated us these past four years of being here? What happened to us being trashy nerds who aren’t even considered people?”

“What is it Uee?” Seohyun finally spoke up, surprising all of her friends. “What do you need?”

“Seohyun, are you serious?” a boy from the end of the table asked. “Why are you talking to her? She’s done nothing but ruin our lives for four years straight. Why should you have to listen to her?”

“Do any of you have a problem with it?” Yonghwa spoke out. “If anyone has a problem with us talking to Uee then we can leave. Seohyun and I have no problem leaving if you want us to.” Immediately, all the people at the table began to quiet down and stare at their food ashamedly. “Yeah, Uee was mean to everyone, but don’t stoop to that level. If we treat her badly, then we’re no better than her. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Go on Uee, say what you needed to say.”

Uee gave Yonghwa a thankful nod and took a deep breath. “I know I have no right to ask you for such a big favor, but I have to be selfish and do it.” Everyone’s eyes shot wide open when they saw Uee get down on her knees and bow her head down in penance. “Seohyun, I know I’ve treated you the worst these past few years, but I’m so, so, sorry. I don’t deserve forgiveness from you, but I will ask anyways. Is there any way you’ll ever forgive me? It doesn’t have to be now, but I need to know when I can expect it if at all.”

“Stand up Uee, I’m not going to humiliate you,” Seohyun calmly stated. She looked over at Yonghwa and received a proud look from him. Yonghwa was right and Seohyun had to be just as mature and composed as he was. That’s why she loved him after all. What good what it do her to hold a grudge for someone that was sincerely sorry. “Just like Yonghwa has, I’ve forgiven you long ago. Although I dislike you a lot, I’m not so cruel as to deny you the forgiveness you ask for. Stand up.”

“Are you letting me off that easily? Aren’t you going to slap me once or something?” Uee asked in disbelief.

“Slap a pregnant girl? I see you’re still trying to get me in trouble,” Seohyun joked. “Nah, there’s no need for it. You’re still not my friend or anything, so don’t get too comfortable. Just because I forgive you, doesn’t mean I like you.”

“I wasn’t even expecting your forgiveness, thank you so much!” Uee cried with tears forming in her eyes. There was no doubt in anyone’s mind that Uee was truly sorry for all she had done. It seemed that her pregnancy had shocked her into reality once and for all. “Well, I’ll leave you all to enjoy your lunch.” With a deep bow, Uee walked away to sit alone at her new table.

“Wait, we still have an empty spot here. I don’t think anyone minds. Right guys?” Seohyun asked in a serious voice. A murmur of no’s and a couple of people shaking their heads indicated they would let Uee sit with them.

“I can’t accept this from you guys…” Uee told them all with tears running down her face. “I don’t deserve something from any of you.”

“Just sit down,” Yonghwa ordered. “Don’t make us change our mind.” Seohyun patted her hand on the seat next to her and motioned for Uee to sit there. Uee bowed in gratitude and sat next to the girl she once considered her mortal enemy.

“I’m so proud of you right now,” Yonghwa whispered in Seohyun’s ears. “You don’t know how proud I am to have a girl like you by my side.” Seohyun smiled when she heard the praise coming from him since he had gone back to his usual angry self and she wouldn’t be hearing praises for a while to come. Seohyun could tell he was proud of her forgiving someone that had hurt her so much. Seohyun continued to smile when she realized that she was worthy enough to be Yonghwa’s girlfriend.

“You know what, I’m proud of myself too.”

 

 

Author’s Note: Okay, so from the beginning I knew that I would be saving Uee from total destruction as the antagonist. Uee was a , but she wasn’t horrible. I mean, she did bad stuff, but she didn’t do stuff as cruel as Seung Ri. Anyways, sorry to all of those who wanted Uee to be destroyed but I had to do this to her. It’s much more painful for Uee to have Seohyun and Yonghwa forgive her than for the couple to have her destroyed at the end.  Also Yonghwa and Seohyun aren't bad people. If they denied Uee her forgiveness, they would be just as bad as her. Uee isn’t going to be super buddy buddy with them of course, but it’s better to get her completely out of the way. Now we have to deal with that total dickhead that we all know and love.  This chapter was kind of boring, but I’m sure it will get much more interesting. Later all!

As you all may have noticed I wrote an extremely fluffy, warm, fuzzy, and just sugar filled chapter yesterday. Well, as you may have noticed today, I’m back on track with the seriousness. Yonghwa was much too out of character last time and it feels better to have him be serious and dark again. While not as bad as he was before, it’s still better than him being all cliché and cheesy.