Epilogue

I'm a Loner

Epilogue

 

 

Nagging, scolding, yelling, and complaining was all that could be heard in the stuffy car on the way back home. Not only had the plane ride been terrible, now the weary man had to deal with his wife’s constant ing. While he did enjoy being back in her company, it was starting to get rather annoying. However, he was much too whipped to respond. He knew that if he so much as let out a peep, he would be sleeping on the couch for a week straight. It was easy to tell that it was just her way of showing her affection. After all, the couple that had just celebrated their 10 year anniversary hadn’t gotten to see each other for a little over two weeks.

“Yonghwa, are you even listening to me?” groaned Seohyun. “You leave to Japan for two weeks and almost miss your son’s 10th birthday party? What kind of father are you?”

“Seohyun, do you always have to be this troublesome? It’s bad enough that I left Japan early because of the birthday. While I don’t want to miss Jae Hwa’s birthday, I also don’t want to get in trouble the hospital staff,” Yonghwa countered.  Of course it wasn’t right for a father to miss his child’s birthday celebration, but he had a lot of responsibility as hospital director.

“Troublesome? That’s it you’re sleeping on the couch tonight. You can forget about any kind of intimacy too,” Seohyun threatened. Yonghwa rolled his eyes and turned his attention to the landscape that was flying by outside. Seohyun seemed to be speeding slightly as she didn’t want to miss their son’s birthday celebration. It wasn’t everyday your kid turned 10 but it was no reason to drive so much over the speed limit.

“Alright ahjumma, no need to get your in a bunch,” Yonghwa responded sarcastically. Luckily he wasn’t facing her or else he would have seen one of the most fearsome sights on the planet: his wife’s angry face.

“Ahjumma?”

“Yes, you’re a damn ahjumma,” he bitterly repeated. “You got a problem with it? What are you going to do about it?” This time it was Yonghwa’s turn to give her an angry face. Instead of instilling fear in her, it only made her laugh. It never ceased to amaze her how much of a kid her husband could be. He was a 38 year old hospital director, you’d think he had some kind of maturity to him. Nope. Jung Yonghwa was probably the most childish person in the world despite his reputation for being a serious and upright man at work.

“You’re so cute when you act mad. It’s funny how you think that it actually works,” she teased.

“Just shut up and drive,” Yonghwa complained. Seohyun knew she had pushed the right button once her husband backed off. He absolutely abhorred being called cute or a kid by his wife. Even though she wanted nothing more than to continue calling him out on being a kid, he would get much too angry. “You’re going to regret calling me a kid tonight,” he threatened in a dark voice. “You’ll see what two weeks without you next to me has done.”

“Oh, I’m sooooooo scared,” Seohyun laughed. “Alright Mister Threatening, I’ll be watching out for you. Please be gentle.”

“Byuntae, who says I’m doing that.”

“I never said you were doing that kind of stuff. You’re the ert. Either way, you better hope I don’t spring a trap on you first,” she giggled. Both 38 year olds gave each other a smile and let out a small giggle together. Even after 10 years of marriage, they were still a little shy about what they did together at night. The giggles finally stopped once they reached the house they had in the suburbs of Seoul.

As always, Yonghwa had given in to every one of Seohyun’s needs and tastes when they bought the house. His mother had told him that a husband’s taste should match his wife’s once he gets married. A smile pasted itself on his face once he took a look at his family’s house. A magnificent two story house covered in birthday decorations stood in front of them. Just as Seohyun had asked for when they first got married, it was white with a red roof. In front of it was a garden filled with flowers that Seohyun had planted herself. In honor of their first day of being a couple, they had even gotten a few of the bellflowers and planted them as well.

Although Yonghwa hadn’t really gotten to choose anything in terms of the house, he was more than satisfied. Even when he was a loner back before meeting the woman of his life, he had always secretly imagined what his perfect life would be. He loved that he had two cute children, a beautiful wife, and a perfect house. The only thing in his dreams that he had gotten to choose was the pet they had.  In his dreams he had always wished he had a large dog, preferably a Labrador retriever. Just a year ago he had finished his dream life by getting a small, yellow puppy that everyone in the house loved. Even though the dog was far from being the tiny puppy they once had, he was still just as loved.

“You know I still can’t believe that I’m living this life,” Yonghwa remarked while continuing to examine his home. “I always imagined myself living a life like this, but I never thought it would be possible. I guess it’s all thanks to you.”

“Yonghwa, this is real. Trust me, it seems like a dream too. There’s no need to thank me at all,” she replied happily. “Comon, Jae Hwa is probably upset that you aren’t at home yet.” Yonghwa tore his eyes away from the house he thought he would never have and placed them on the girl that was even more dream-like. Taking her hand, the two made their way into the house which would turn into a mess in the coming hours.

“Appa!” a tiny voice called out. “Appa, Jae Hwa oppa is being mean to me!”

“No I’m not!” another small, but firmer voice yelled back.

“Yah, I told you two to not argue all the time. What’s wrong Sun Hwa? What did he do to you?” Seohyun asked before huffing slightly. She should have known to not put the two siblings together in the same room. Their kids were basically clones of their parents. Sun Hwa, their adorable seven year old daughter was a replica of her mother. She loved to be nosy and most of all, she loved to argue and nag people. Jae Hwa on the other hand was the spitting image of Yonghwa. For a 10 year old he had a very charming smile and most of all he was very distant and cold. He wasn’t as bad as Yonghwa had been, but he wasn’t the most caring child. Nevertheless, he still loved his family.

“ Sun Hwa stop whining all the time, you sound like your mother,” Yonghwa complained. He had just listened to twenty billion complaints in the car and he was not in the mood to hear a billion more from the little girl standing in front of him.

“Yonghwa…” Seohyun growled. “Stop turning your children against me. I don’t whine all the time.”

“Yeah you do mom,” Jae Hwa cut in. “You whine all the time. Dad is right. Women are such a drag…”

“Look at what you created Yonghwa. The little brat doesn’t even respect me,” Seohyun protested. “Jae Hwa, stop saying things are a drag. I’ll smack you the next time you do. Stop listening to your father all the time, he’s an idiot that doesn’t know what he’s talking about.”

“Yah! Who is the one turning the children against who?!” Yonghwa jumped in. “I’m just telling my son the truth about women.” Both females in the room stared at the men in front of them with a pout and braced themselves for the next stupidity that would come out of their lips. “Jae Hwa, when you get married, don’t marry someone like your mom or Sun Hwa alright. Even if she’s the prettiest girl alive, don’t let her control you. If you turn out like me you’ll have a lot of problems on your hands.”

“What about Jiyeon? Is she okay?” Jae Hwa asked.

“Who the heck is Jiyeon?”

“Are you stupid Yonghwa? Jiyeon is Yoona’s daughter. Seriously, where have you been in the past 10 years. I bet you can’t even remember all of your friend’s children’s names,” Seohyun insulted. Yonghwa didn’t want to keep arguing, especially in front of his children, but she didn’t seem to be backing down. For some reason she went into kill-mode whenever he said she complained a lot.

“For your information, I know everyone’s kids names.”

“Oh yeah, prove it,” she challeneged.

“You two haven’t changed a bit,” laughed a voice from behind. “Is this how you’re raising your children to be? I think I shouldn’t have brought my kids over in fear that they’ll be aggressive like you guys.”

“Min Jung unnie!” Sun Hwa cried while running over to her. “Thanks for coming!”

“Unnie? Sun Hwa, stop calling her that. Min Jung is an ahjumma now so call her that instead,” her husband mocked from beside her. The aggressive girl turned and gave the flower boy a death-filled stare.

“Sun Hwa, don’t listen to Min Ho oppa. He’s just an idiot. All boys are dumb so don’t’ fall in love with them. I mean look at your dad, he’s as dumb as they come,” Min Jung mocked childishly. The way she stuck out her tongue added even more emphasis to her childishness.

“Min Jung, get out of my house if you’re going to insult me,” Yonghwa spat. “Where is Min Joon?”

“Oh, he’s in the car trying to get Jae Hwa’s present out,” she answered.

“Jae Hwa, Sun Hwa, go find Min Joon and go play with him,” Yonghwa ordered. “Goguma is out in the backyard and he seems a little lonely.” The children nodded and went in search of their friend since birth. Ever since the wedding, their group of friends resumed the tight and close bond they had before they all split up. Now that they all had children, they were an even more closely tied group. Jae Hwa and Min Joon were pretty much attached at the waist ever since they were able to walk. It brought a smile to all the parents’ faces seeing their children happily playing together.

“Who is Goguma?”

“Our dog…” Yonghwa responded weakly. Although he had been able to choose the dog he wanted, Seohyun insisted on naming him. He had wanted to give it a cool name, a manly name. Sadly, he wasn’t the one that had the pants on in the relationship and he had to give into his wife’s wishes.

“You named your dog Goguma? Hahahahahaha,” Min Jung burst out in laughter. “Man I regret leaving on that business trip a year ago. I’ve missed you getting whipped all the time.”

“Min Jung, do you always have to insult everyone?” Min Ho cut in.

“Min Ho, do you always have to be an annoying loser like Yonghwa? Why don’t you go find something to do with him, while Seohyun and I have a little bit of girl talk?” Reluctantly both men took the cue and went off towards the backyard in order to watch the children.

“We’re so whipped…” Min Ho complained to his friend walking with him. “, I hate women.”

“I’m with you man,” Yonghwa responded in an annoyed voice.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“You guys better get your kid away from my daughter,” Taecyeon joked. “Seems like Jae Hwa needs a good ol’ scare from his father-in-law. Since you guys are experts in dealing with crazy father-in-laws I think you should give me some pointers.”

“Taecyeon, what are you even talking about?” Yonghwa questioned while flipping over the beef on the grill.

“Your little boy is trying to take away my daughter’s innocence,” Taecyeon continued to joke. “Look at them.” Yonghwa and everyone else around looked over at the two children he was referring to and saw nothing out of the ordinary. However, it was no secret that Jiyeon and Jae Hwa had the possibility of becoming a couple in the future. Jae Hwa had asked about her earlier that day and he always seemed to be protective of her.

“What are you talking about?” Yonghwa argued. “First of all, Jiyeon is older by almost a year. Second, she’s your daughter. Everyone knows you’re the biggest ert that’s ever lived. I should be the one worried your daughter will corrupt my son. Besides, he just turned 10. I doubt he knows how to do those kinds of things to girls…”

“Yonghwa, don’t pay attention to my idiot husband,” Yoona jumped in. “You should know better than to actually believe anything he says.” The group burst out into laughter while Taecyeon made a face that basically agreed with what Yoona was saying. Yonghwa especially smiled at the fact that he had so many good friends around him. It had been far too long since he had been able to relax and laugh with the people he most cared about.

“You’re awfully happy,” Seohyun noticed as she brought more meat over to him. “You’re basically smiling from ear to ear.”

“Yeah, it’s been a while since we’ve all got together like this,” Yonghwa began. “If only we could be like this every day. The kids playing with Goguma, our friends telling jokes as if we were in high school still, eating tons of food…” The couple took a look around their enormous back yard and gave off a content sigh. It wasn’t every day one could see so much laughter and happiness.

“It’s a beautiful sight isn’t it? Who would have thought that we would be doing something like this? It feels like just yesterday we were fighting over the stupidest stuff with each other,” Seohyun laughed. “Let’s not get too into the past though. Do you want me to take over the grill so you can go talk to all the guys?” Yonghwa nodded and allowed her to take the spot in cooking the meat while he headed over to the group of males happily exchanging who knows what kind of stories. Before he could reach them, a few newcomers made their way to the backyard.

“Sorry we’re late everyone!” Uee apologized. By her side was a tall girl that resembled Uee when she was in high school. There was a different charm to the young lady, but Uee and her looked as if they were sisters. Alongside the mother and daughter were Soo Hyun, his wife Jun Mi, and a handsome, but timid looking young man.

“Hey there Uee,” greeted Yonghwa while Seohyun made her way towards her brother. “Who is this young lady next to you?”

“Oppa, how could you not remember me? It’s me Yu Mi,” Uee’s daughter giggled. “Am I that much more womanly that you can’t recognize me? Should I take that as a sign allowing me to go for you?”

“Yah!” called out the young man by her side. “Are you going to do these things while we’re engaged? I’m sorry Yonghwa hyung, I’ll try to keep her instincts in check.” Everyone present besides Soo Hyun’s family and Uee gave the young man a surprised look.

“Joon Hyun you’re marrying her?” Seohyun asked her nephew. The 26 year old young man gave her a weak nod and a shame-filled look. Joon Hyun had always been a timid person that was rather reserved. None of them would ever expect a girl like Yu Mi to take notice of him. She was always energetic, involved, and an explosive ball of spirit.

“Aish, Joon Hyun, you’re so dumb,” Yu Mi cried out. “We were going to make it a surprise but he had to go ruin it. Seohyun unnie, how is it that we are so attracted to these men. Soo Hyun oppa, Yonghwa oppa, Taecyeon oppa, and even the kids are all not worth our love,” she joked. All the women around nodded their heads in agreement, much to the despair of the men. It seemed like every man present loved to be dominated by the women in their lives.

“Arasso, arasso, why don’t you guys go talk your feminist crap over somewhere else. Come on Joon Hyun, we’ll take care of you,” Yonghwa laughed while patting the younger male on the back.

“Alright, everyone’s here?” Taecyeon asked. “So let’s get going with our poker tournament. Oh and we’re betting real money so all you little girls present better run to your mommas now if you can’t take the heat.”

“No, Junhyung isn’t here yet,” Min Ho pointed out. “Hara is here but he said he’s still a little busy with a few things for work. He should be here soon.”

“Speaking of the devil…” Taecyeon commented. “Yah! Junhyung get your over here.” The newest addition to their group waved from the back door of the house and ran over to the table full of rambunctious guys. After a few man hugs were thrown around, Taecyeon began to deal the cards. Money, bets, threats, bluffs, and brags were all exchanged before the boys finally settled down and tried their hardest to win all the cash at stake.

“Look at those monsters over there,” Hara growled. “Are we going to say anything about how they’re a bad influence for our children? They’re gambling, fighting, and they’re even drinking. Let’s go over and give them a piece of our mind.”

“Nah, they’ve been whipped enough for a while,” Min Jung chuckled. “Just let them have a little fun. I actually feel kinda bad that we treat them so harshly. It’s funny that they’re still with us even after we order them around so much.”

“They secretly love it. If they didn’t then they wouldn’t still be around. Besides, they’re not completely innocent either,” Yoona remarked. “After all, they’re not complaining when we’re alone in the room and the lights are off.”

“Yoona, you hang out too much with Taecyeon.”

“Uee is right Yoona,” Hara interrupted. “You’re acting too much like him. You don’t exactly complain about that stuff either.” Just as the men were laughing and joking around, the women’s group did so as well. Coupled with the laughter and screams of the group of kids, the whole backyard was filled with sounds of cheerfulness.

“Look at how many kids we have,” Seohyun began. “Man, we have been getting a little too busy with our husbands. I’ve always imagined us having kids, but never this many.”

“Hara has two, Seohyun has two, I have four, Min Jung has one,” Yoona counted. “If you want to include Soo Hyun’s son and Uee’s daughter then there are eleven kids. That’s enough to start a soccer team.”

“I can’t believe you actually had four kids Yoona. I almost died just having one,” Min Jung complained.

“Min Jung, I don’t even know how I did it. One day I was crying from happiness that I was pregnant as soon as we got married, the next I was crying because I was on my fourth one. Time flies by so fast and I don’t even know where it all went. It won’t be long now until we see our kids getting married just like Uee’s girl.”

“I know what you mean,” Uee interjected. “It feels like just yesterday I was begging Seung Ri to help me out with the pregnancy and now I have a 21 year old daughter that’s getting married. It was so hard to send her off to school in the United States, but I had to get over the fact that she was growing up.” None of the other girls present had a story that Uee could relate to. In terms of motherhood she was the most experienced out of all of them.

“I can’t imagine letting my little Jiyeon going off to a foreign country,” Yoona admitted. “I would be so afraid something would happen to her. Seeing her being so vulnerable at times makes me want to hold her for the rest of my life.”

“Parents are the most selfish kind of people on this planet,” a light voice called from behind the group of women. “Don’t you guys think?”

“Shi-Shin Hye?!” Seohyun exclaimed. “Oh my god what are you doing here!?”

“Yonghwa called me up and I was in town so I thought I would drop by.” Seohyun gave her old friend a hug and squealed in delight. It had been almost eight years since they had been together before she went off to Taiwan to film some kind of movie or drama. They talked from time to time, but it wasn’t too often. A very serious looking man holding a little girl and boy gave them a deep bow, leaving them all confused.

“Shin Hye how come you didn’t tell us you got married and had kids?” Seohyun inquired. “Oh my god, we have missed out on so much.”

“Yeah,” Shin Hye sheepishly agreed. “This is my husband I met while filming, Jang Geun Suk. He looks kind of scary but he’s a softie at heart. The little girl he’s carrying is four year old Mil Hye. The boy in in his right hand is six year old Dae Suk.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you all,” he greeted, bowing once again. “Shin Hye, I’ll go leave the kids with the small crowd over there. Let’s hope they get along well.”

“He’s pretty polite. Is he always like that?”

“Nah, he’s just being awkward since he’s not very social. I’m sure Yonghwa will break him in pretty fast. After all, they’re pretty similar,” Shin Hye explained. “How is everyone doing? I’ve met you all but I’m sorry I’ve never been able to get close to you all.”

“Don’t worry girl, you’ll fit right in,” Min Jung assured. “As long as you know how to whip your husband, you’ll fit in just fine.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Saengil chukhahaminda Jae Hwa!” everyone called out as he put the candles out on his cake.

“Alright, time to open your presents while everyone gets a slice of cake,” Seohyun called out to the crowd of hyperactive children. While it was nice to have so many kids being happy, it was also a pretty big pain in the . Cake would surely make things a thousand times worse. One by one Jae Hwa ripped open the wrapping paper and eyed his presents with a small smile.

“Thank you Yoona noon and Taecyeon hyung!” Yonghwa and Seohyun’s son appreciated while laughing.

“No need to thank us Jae Hwa, it was our pleasure,” the couple responded cheerfully.

“J-Jae Hwa…” the girl next to him stuttered. It was no surprise to everyone that it was no other than Jiyeon sitting next to him. “I have another present for y-you.”

“You do!?” Jae Hwa asked eagerly. The boy was always very reserved, but no child could resist receiving presents on their birthday. However, his smile went away when her lips made contact with his cheek. It was certainly not something that he was expecting. Even the adults had not expected something like that to happen.

“Happy birthday Jae Hwa,” Jiyeon wished and gave him a hug.

“Th-thanks Jiyeon ah,” the now ten year old boy thanked. Every female around let out a resonating ‘aww’ sound while all the men gave the boy many crude praises and whistles.

“See what did I tell you Taecyeon,” Yonghwa pointed out. “I’m telling you that little girl of yours is going to be a fox.” Yoona rolled her eyes and hoped what Yonghwa was saying wouldn’t come true. It would not bode well for her if her daughter inherited Taecyeon’s overactive drive.

The sun traveled across the sky as the children ate, laughed, and fought amongst themselves. Soon enough the men were either all bankrupt from poker or buzzed from the drinks. The women were far too tired to even glare at their husbands so they all let it slide. Finally, the day nobody wished would end, ended.

“Aww would you look at that,” Yoona squealed. “Those two are so cute together.” Everyone in the room turned their attention to the pair that had shared their 'first kiss' together earlier that day. The slightly younger boy had his arm wrapped protectively around the girl that had been his partner in crime for his entire life. Of course he was also very close to Min Jung’s son, Min Joon, but he had a much more special bond with Jiyeon.

“I think you guys should all stay over tonight. There’s more than enough room for everyone. It looks like the kids are all worn out and I wouldn’t want to wake them.” Although nobody wanted to be a bother in someone else’s house, they all felt it was best to take Yonghwa’s offer. None of them had the heart to take Jiyeon and Jae Hwa off the couch while they were so sweetly sleeping together.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Yonghwa where are we going?” Seohyun questioned sleepily. “Can’t we do this some other time and go back home?”

“Don’t you know what today is?”

“Well since it’s already past midnight it’s not Jae Hwa’s birthday anymore. I don’t have any idea what you’re talking about,” she wearily stated. “I’m really tired from today so let’s just go back.”

“Today is the anniversary of well… you know…” Yonghwa responded shyly.

“What?”

“Ugh, the time we spent in that cabin in the mountains. I wish we could go back there for today but it’s too late. I’m taking us to the closest thing we can find to it in Seoul.” Seohyun smiled a little and nodded in response. Of course they couldn’t let the 20th anniversary of that night go to waste so she agreed. After a short drive, they arrived at small secluded area near the Han River. It wasn’t nowhere as pretty as the mountain area around the cabin, but they would have to settle. The duo made their way out onto the grass and lay down together while looking up at the sky. The light pollution in Seoul made it impossible to see the millions of stars they had seen while camping, but at least the moon was visible.

“Can you believe it Yonghwa?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, but I probably don’t.”

“It’s been ten years since we got married and twenty since we first started going out,” Seohyun began. “It’s just unbelievable how much time has passed since then. It all feels like a dream.”

“Seohyun, I’m sorry.”

“For what?” she asked with a confused look on her face. She finally turned her gaze from the sky to his face in order to find out what he was apologizing for.

“You say it was a dream, but only half of it has been. I’m sorry that I made the first half a nightmare,” Yonghwa apologized. The sad look on his face made her want to tear up, but she had to contain herself. After all, it wasn’t only his fault that those ten years had been a nightmare. She was sure he had experienced her fair share of nightmares too.

“Yonghwa, it wasn’t your fault. Let’s just remember all the good things alright? There are so many things that have been worth it so I don’t regret anything,” she stated affirmatively. “Don’t ever feel sorry for any of that. We’re both successful; we have a beautiful home, wonderful friends, and the most adorable children ever. There’s nothing regretful about any of that. Sometimes we just have to go through all the bad in order to get to the good in life.”

“I guess you’re right. You know I wish that we could have had more friends with us. Jin Man, Jonghyun, Jungshin, Minhyuk, our parents… it was a shame that they couldn’t come to the party.”

“It’s not our fault they were busy,” Seohyun countered. “Besides, you know they would have been here if they could have. Do you ever wonder about how our dads are doing? I know they did bad stuff to us, but we also sort of ruined their lives. I don’t want to have my dad die and me still be mad at him. You should do the same Yonghwa.”

“I know you’re right,” he agreed. “Our families may have been destroyed by those two, but thanks to them we’re here now. I’m ready to forgive them if you are. Let’s look for them and see what we can do to help them. Even if they’re terrible people, they’re still the reason we are on this planet.” After their rather serious conversation, the two lovers continued their silent staring at the sky.

“Yonghwa, when did you know that you wanted to marry me?” Seohyun asked out of the blue.

“What do you mean?”

“When was that moment you thought ‘I really want to marry Seohyun when I have a chance’ or something like that?” she clarified.

“I don’t really know how to answer that,” he chuckled. Had he not been staring at the sky he would be staring into his wife’s hate-filled eyes like usual. “I think it was a little before we started living together. You know when we went to the mall and I gave you that bear? When I saw the way your eyes sparkled when you took that bear from my hands I knew I had to have you by my side and see that smile every day. What about you?”

“I think it was when I talked to your mom. I was in denial back then, but I knew I just had to be by your side. I don’t know if I ever kept my promise to your mom, but I’ve certainly tried,” Seohyun quietly admitted.

“Promise?”

“When I met her the first time I promise her I would be someone that would be a reason for you to smile,” she confessed. Yonghwa sat up and inched his way towards the girl speaking to him in a tender way. “Have I kept it?”

“You’ve done more than that Seohyun. I’m sorry that I was so mean to you before,” he apologized sweetly. However, her smile went away as he continued his apology. “It was so much fun though. You should have seen just how angry you would get whenever I called you princess or something like that.”

“I love you,” she interrupted. “You know that right?”

“Seohyun, I know, you’ve showed me so many times,” Yonghwa commented. “There’s so much I owe you for in my life and I don’t know how to repay you other than by loving you back. Without you I would still be in a cold and dark room all alone without anyone to care for me. How can I ever repay you or the god that put you in my path for everything that’s happened?”

“There’s nothing to repay. You also saved me from so much that I can’t count.”

“Why are you so amazing to someone like me? What did you see in me when we first met?” Yonghwa questioned. It had always confused him to think about why Seohyun had fallen for him in the first place. He wasn’t exactly prince charming to her until after they started dating.

“You were lonely just like I was. Although we were lonely for different reasons we were both in the same boat. I may have had all the money in the world, but I didn’t have anyone to care for me,” Seohyun explained. “Hara and Yoona were there, but that’s not the kind of love I yearned for. I’m glad I met a loner like you.”

“Loner huh?”

“Yeah, remember what you told me the first day I met you. You said to me ‘I’m a loner, it’s as simple as that’ at the end of the day,” Seohyun reminded him.

“Yeah, well I’m not a loner anymore. Thanks to you.” Before she could interrupt him from thanking her further, her lips were paralyzed by a gentle kiss. It wasn’t a passion filled kiss like the ones they had exchanged in their younger days. Back when they were hormone filled teenagers they only knew how to express their love by using their instincts. Although she enjoyed any type of kiss from him, she felt particularly happy from this one. It conveyed the honest feelings he had for her since the day he had become one with her. It was proof that Jung Yonghwa was indeed no longer a loner.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author’s Note: Someone kill me now. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Now this story has come to an end too :(. Ugh, it happened again. Even though I knew that this story would be finished eventually, I didn’t think about how I would feel when the day finally came. I’m filled with a mix of emotions right now and I don’t really know what to say. I’m happy that I was able to provide all of you with a source of entertainment for all these months. I’m glad that I was able to grow alongside you all and share this story with you. I’m angry with myself for ruining the story at points. And most of all, I’m sad that it’s over.

Thank you all SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for being with me. All 140 of you that have been with me and even you that read but don’t subscribe, are all the best. Even though I’ve been through so many ups and downs in this story I’m happy that you all made it possible for me to finish this. Remember guys, this is not just an accomplishment for me, but for you too. Thank you all for continuing to read regardless of how bad I made things.

I’ve learned so much from this experience, much more than my first story. With my first story I was just entering the world of writing and I was satisfied with just writing a few thousand words on paper. However, now I would not be able to just write. Since I’m not a writer and I’ve always hated writing, this was never about me. I was just trying to give everyone a little bit of goguma couple after their sad exit from We Got Married.  However there are some things that I wish I hadn’t learned.

I learned that the more effort you put into your writing, the more people will expect from you. I’ve read a few stories that (in my honest opinion; I’m not trying to brag so sorry if I offend anyone) were quite bad, but they never had negative comments. The format, the spelling, the plot, everything was wrong. However, people would say ‘Good work’ or ‘Update soon.’ Since these were bad works, people didn’t expect much from them. But when you have a good story, people expect so much and it’s so much easier to disappoint someone. (Once again!!!! I’m just observing something, in no way am I trying to brag. I’m far away from being a good writer and I accept this.)

Finally, the end of my rant is near. Once again, thank you all for sticking by me. I enjoyed writing every single chapter for you all, even if it was frustrating. I enjoyed reading all the comments, especially  the ones that reached the word limit and had to start another comment. Hopefully I can continue to have your support throughout my two next stories I will be writing. If I could bow for you all I would do so from how happy I am to have you all as supporters. If I disappointed you throughout the story, I apologize, but I’m still learning a lot. Since I have no real interest in writing (besides writing YongSeo stories), I will never be able to give you all a perfect story but I will try as hard as I can to get there.

Now onto my new stuff –

 

(On hiatus till further notice!!)

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/56918/gomawo-chingu-yah-cnblue-seohyun-snsd-tiffany-yonghwa-yongseo-seohwa