Breathless

I'm a Loner

Chapter 21 – Breathless

 

If there was one thing Yonghwa hated, it was being late. Punctuality was something that he valued very much, but currently it didn’t seem like he would be punctual. In reality he didn’t want to even go to a party filled with loud music, obscene dancing, and hordes of drunken idiots known as his classmates. He had been told the party started at around 8:00pm, but a glance at his watch told him that they were almost 45 minutes late. Yonghwa would growl at how late Seohyun always was, but then he remembered that it wasn’t her that was picking her up but Hara, his date for the night. Yonghwa didn’t really know Hara that much so he didn’t know how Seohyun got him to accept her so easily. Finally, as if answering his prayers, Yonghwa heard a horn honk right outside his window.

“Oppa~!” yelled a cheerful voice from the car once he ran downstairs. “Oppa~! Oppa~! Oppa~!”

“Ignore the little monsters in the back of the car,” Hara grumbled. Yonghwa almost laughed at the distressed state Hara was in. He expected her to say some snide comment about him like she always did. However, it looked like she was currently being driven to insanity by three younger girls in the car. Yonghwa forgot about those three girls that he saved since he hadn’t seen them for a while.

“Unnie we’re not monsters!” cried the leader of their little group, Jiyoung. “We’re just happy to see Yonghwa oppa again. It’s been so long since we saw him last so we are super excited.” Jiyoung stared into the rear view mirror and gave the not-so-amused boy a thorough inspection. Once Yonghwa noticed a pair of eyes inspecting him, he also noticed that all four girls in the car were doing the exact same thing. To be honest, he was a little uncomfortable with that many eyes focused on him at once.

“So are we going to the party or are you just going to foam at the mouth over what I’m wearing?” Yonghwa complained. He wasn’t in a partying mood, but he was in less of a mood to have so many girls fangirl over him.

“Wow Yonghwa I didn’t know you had it in you. You dress up pretty well for someone who didn’t want to come to the party,” pointed out the now driving girl. “Any particular reason you’re so dressed up?” In reality, Hara knew the answer to that question since Seohyun squealed all night long about how she went on a date with him the day before.

“Seohyun dragged me to the mall and forced me to buy this stuff. I feel like I can’t breathe in this stuff. Ugh, and this hat isn’t as good as it looks,” Yonghwa grumbled. Hara rolled her eyes and focused her attention on the road. She pretty much expected Yonghwa to complain and argue the whole drive there, so she avoided striking up any conversations with him.

“Seohyun unnie is so lucky that she got to go on a date with you,” commented Sulli. “It must have been so cool to go out with someone like Yonghwa oppa.” If Yonghwa wasn’t a guest in the car, he would have surely gone back there and gave the three little girls a good lecture on how to leave someone alone. Just as he was about to snap, he remembered Jiyoung was Hara’s little sister. Yonghwa was almost sure Hara wouldn’t appreciate him yelling at Jiyoung while in her car, so he continued to let it slide.

“No, Hara unnie is the lucky one for getting to be his date tonight. Hara want to trade dates for tonight?” asked Jiyoung expectantly. “When midnight comes, I want to be the one kissing Yong oppa.”

“Jiyoung… you’re lucky that I’m even bringing you here. You’re only 15 years old and everyone else is 18 or older. If you do anything stupid during this party I will rip all your hair out and embarrass you in front of everyone,” threatened Jiyoung’s older sister. Yonghwa let out a small chuckle that went by undetected by the girls. “Jiyoung if I catch you drinking at this party, you’re sooooooooo dead.”

“There’s going to be drinking at this party? I should have guessed…” Yonghwa commented sarcastically. He personally had nothing against drinking. Sure it was underage drinking and illegal, but he knew how to drink pretty well. Ever since he was 17 Jin Man would always buy a few rounds of soju after work. Yonghwa was sure he could hold his own, regardless of how strong the drinks were. It was the other people that worried him, people like Jiyoung. Drunken people tended to act stupid and cause problems, which he tended to avoid.

“And no kissing anyone Jiyoung! At midnight you three better be at my side or else I’ll never take you to any parties again,” commanded the older girl once more. Hara seemed to be looking out for her little sister and her friends a little too much, but it was expected at a thing like this. One could never know what dangers lurked at a party full of drunken teenagers acting stupid. After Hara’s threats, the girls in the back kept their mouths shut, possibly fearing the older woman’s wrath.

“Wow…” Yonghwa said, breaking the silence. It was the first and last time he would be left speechless by a house. The driveway Hara made her way into was definitely Seung Ri’s, but he hadn’t expected his house to be that extravagant. If there was a house that defined what a mansion was, it was Seung Ri’s. Yonghwa couldn’t even begin to calculate how large, wide, and tall it was. The sight of it was overwhelming. It didn’t seem like his parents were at home since it looked like every room in the house was being occupied by rambunctious kids. He shook off his stunned behavior and followed the four girls quietly to the door.

“Welcome! I hope you guys are ready to have fun,” smiled Uee with a fake voice. Yonghwa managed to suppress a scowl once he heard her voice, but Hara seemed to do that for him.

“Cut the fake voice out Uee,” Hara ordered. Usually a guest would have to be respectful to their host, but Uee was apparently an exception. Yonghwa didn’t really mind Hara mistreating Uee, but he still had his manners and values to uphold. “Move aside, I didn’t come here to see you being a little up.” Hara brushed past the wicked girl forcefully, allowing Hara’s group to move through.

“Ugh, rude!” Uee cried once they moved past her. Yonghwa didn’t even bother paying attention to her anymore. If he was still entranced by her, he would have surely given Hara an earful, but now Uee was nothing to him. He spent his time looking around the interior of the house that was just as splendorous as the outside. Seung Ri had definitely gone all out for the party that night, that was for sure. They had a live DJ, a makeshift dance floor, a giant table filled with all kinds of food, a bar, and even a bartender. Yonghwa wasn’t too eager to be at the party, but since he was already there he decided to take what was given to him.

“Looking for Seohyun?” asked a female voice from behind him. Yonghwa turned around to see Yoona with Taecyeon at her side.

“Um, no not really,” Yonghwa answered. If he were to be honest with himself, he was sort of looking for her, but he wouldn’t admit that out loud. “I’m supposing she is late like always, or perhaps having some kind of trouble due to how clumsy she is.”

“Seung Ri is a for not bringing her here. He’s her date after all,” Taecyeon commented. “I still don’t know why Seohyun doesn’t dump that scumbag for someone better. She’s smart, pretty, responsible, and everything that Seung Ri isn’t.”

“Yah Ok Taecyeon! Do you want to die on our second day of dating? If you love Seohyun so much, then why don’t you just marry her already!?” Almost immediately, Yoona stormed off and headed to stuff her face with some sort of food at the snack table.

“Women…” Taecyeon mumbled while shaking his head. Yonghwa wasn’t a talkative person, so he just nodded in agreement. “Anyways, who’s your date for tonight? You know, from what I see, you should be Seohyun’s date. You guys make an excellent couple, even though you are fighting all the time.”

“I’m here with Hara supposedly, but I’m not too big on this dating thing. As for your comment on Seohyun, I’d rather stand in a box full of poisonous snakes than date her,” Yonghwa answered bitterly. Seohyun wasn’t that bad, but he had to keep appearances in front of Taecyeon, also known as the guy with the biggest mouth in school. Yonghwa knew if he said anything about liking Seohyun in any way, Taecyeon would make a huge deal about it.

“Dude, you need to lighten up. Comon, let’s go grab a drink so you can loosen up a bit. You’re at a party man, just enjoy it,” Taecyeon suggested. Yonghwa let himself be dragged by the larger male without much argument. It seemed Yonghwa wouldn’t be allowed to have any time to himself with so many people around, so he would just go with the flow. Maybe he would party hard after all.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After a few hours of sitting at the bar and drinking drink after drink, Yonghwa began to grow tired of the party. The outfit Seohyun had chosen for him suffocated him and chafed him at the neck, but he had no choice but to bear it. Had it not been freezing outside, he would step out for some fresh air. All in all, the party was pretty much a complete waste of his time. Free drinks were cool and all, but when you were a hardened veteran drinker, it took too long to get buzzed.

“It’s already 10:25 and no sign of Seohyun,” Yonghwa mumbled to himself while scanning the crowd for what seemed like the hundredth time that night. “Wait… why do I care if Seohyun is here or not?” As he found no answer to his question, he shook his head and ordered his 6th drink for the night. Without the ice cold drink, he was sure he would boil in the clothes he was wearing.

“I knew I would find you here,” chirped an already tipsy girl. “Why are you here all alone?” The voice could only belong to the person he had been searching for a few moments ago.

“Seems like you enjoy being late huh?” Yonghwa commented, not even bothering to look up from his drink. “How are you already drunk if you just got here?”

“Oh, I’ve been around for five minutes or so.”

“That’s not what I asked you…” Yonghwa pointed out. “I asked you: how are you so drunk if you just got here?”

“Oh, well as soon as I got here Seung Ri offered me a drink to get me in the party spirit. Seems like that drink was a little too strong for me, but I don’t really know. I’m not that drunk yet, I’m still speaking to you normally,” Seohyun defended. “Hey! Look at me when I’m talking!”

Yonghwa could tell she was drunk by how exceptionally moody she was being. He decided to finally raise his gaze from his cup to her face. At that moment he regretted having a piece of ice in his mouth. As his eyes landed on her, he began to choke on the piece of ice and cough violently. “Yah! What the hell are you wearing?!” he asked once he cleared his throat of the potentially deadly piece of frozen water.

“What are you talking about? I’m wearing a dress… duh.” Yonghwa stared at her from head to toe just as he had the day before. If she was showing too much skin yesterday, she was sure as hell showing way too much skin that night. Yonghwa couldn’t even tell if what she was wearing could be classified as clothing. Seohyun was sporting a blue form fitting dress that showed basically her entire chest. If the dress were any shorter, certain portions of Seohyun’s body would be showing that nobody but her should see.

“Turn around,” Yonghwa ordered, not realizing what he was saying. Seohyun turned around without question, leaving Yonghwa’s eyes to bulge out even more than they already were. The dress practically had no covering on her back except for a few thin pieces of crisscrossing cloth. The tight fitting blue cloth accentuated the curves of her hips and behind, something Yonghwa was not used to seeing on Seohyun. “That’s appropriate for you to wear? You look like a hooker.”

“Jung Yonghwa, I take your abuse every day without question but not today!” she squeaked. “If you don’t like my dress then why are your eyes sticking so far out from their sockets? Why did you ask me to turn around and show you the back? You’re a byuntae that’s why! Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to have some fun. I suggest you do the same.” The drunken girl stormed off violently, leaving Yonghwa to stare at the exposed skin on her back. He didn’t realize that he was still staring at her almost form until after she vanished into the crowd.

“Aish, why is it so hot in here?” he complained once he realized what he just did. Yonghwa took another sip of the ice cold drink, but it was doing him no good. The flustered and heated feeling he had was not going away no matter how much liquid and ice he took in. After a while of thinking, he remembered he hadn’t even paid attention to what Hara, Yoona, or the other girls he talked to were wearing. He hadn’t even taken a second glance at what Uee was wearing, which was proabably much more revealing than Seohyun’s, if that was even possible.

“Woah dude, did you see Seohyun’s dress?” commented someone behind him.

“Yeah, I had no idea she could look like that, she is banging today. I bet Seung Ri is going to have so much fun with her tonight,” a familiar voice to Yonghwa responded. Yonghwa turned around and saw the guy that he had been roommates with in Japan, Young Saeng.

“So Seung Ri is finally going to go for a home run tonight?”

“Yeah, Seung Ri is getting her so wasted tonight. As soon as she came in she was already drinking a few cups of alcohol. She will be gone in no time and that’s when Seung Ri will swoop in for the kill. Man, if only I could get some of that. Maybe he’ll share the leftovers with me,” giggled Young Saeng. Just as in Japan, Yonghwa’s blood boiled while he listened to such disgusting talk. To Yonghwa women were something to be respected and never objectified. Usually he got annoyed when he heard that, but for some reason having them talking about Seohyun made him want to go berserk.

“You, Young Saeng…” Yonghwa called out to the disgusting male. Young Saeng perked up at hearing his name and walked towards Yonghwa. As soon as he arrived to Yonghwa’s side, Young Saeng was raised a few inches off the ground by the angry boy. “If I hear you talking about Seohyun like that again, I won’t care that there’s hundreds of people here. I will tear you apart piece by piece, got it?” Young Saeng was scared senseless by the pure murderous intent that radiated off of Yonghwa. Even Young Saeng wasn’t stupid enough to go against something like that, so he nodded obediently and ran away quickly.

“Why did you just almost beat up that Young Saeng guy?” questioned Yonghwa’s ‘date’ for the night. “Did he do something stupid?”

“It’s nothing Hara, just leave me alone for a bit,” Yonghwa commanded. “Why aren’t you having fun with the rest of the guys out there?”

“The question should be: Why aren’t you out there having fun with your friends? Comon, you can’t sit here and drink the whole night away. Although, it looks like you hold your alcohol pretty well,” Hara joked. Yonghwa looked at the girl in front of him and began to feel bad. It looked like everyone else was having fun, while she was out here begging him to come with her. “You sure you want to spend the night bored here all alone?”

“I’ll go, but only to keep watch for Seohyun,” he stated before standing up.

“Why do you need to keep an eye out for her?”

“She’s getting too damn drunk for her own good. The pabo is going to get herself in a bunch of trouble,” Yonghwa said with a worried look on his face. Although it was dark, Hara could tell he was worried for the girl. She noticed that he hadn’t even realized that he was acting like a protective boyfriend over his girlfriend. The thought almost brought a smile to her face, but she decided against it. “Seung Ri is trying to get her drunk tonight. I’m sure you know what that means.”

“No wonder he was being so attentive to her tonight. Alright, we’ll all keep an eye out for her, thanks for the heads up.” Hara watched Yonghwa as he made his way towards the place their small group was dancing in in. “Could this guy be falling for Seohyun already? Seohyun, you sure did a number on this guy. I guess being persistent worked out after all,” the small girl thought to herself.

“Yonghwa!” called out a very drunk voice from the crowd. “You finally came out to dance with us!” Yonghwa noticed Seohyun was swaying side to side, but not because of the music. The girl was pretty much on the verge of falling over from how much alcohol she put in her body.

“Seohyun gets drunk really easily as you can tell,” pointed out Yoona. “As her friends we should have stopped this from happening, but we can’t do anything now except stop her from drinking more.”

“I’m fine guys! I’m not drunk!” Seohyun continued to yell.

“You’re so drunk it’s undeniable,” growled Yonghwa. He didn’t really understand why, but he was pretty angry at Seohyun at that moment. She was supposedly one of the smartest people in their school, but she was falling for one of the oldest tricks in the book. Yonghwa couldn’t even comprehend how she still believed an like Seung Ri. “Stop drinking or else I’ll kick you out of here and into the cold.”

“You can’t order me around, you’re not my dad!” Seohyun told him loudly. The music was loud in the room, but there was no reason for Seohyun to be yelling so loudly.

“Do you think it would be better to get her out of here while we still can?” suggested Hara. “If Seung Ri really is trying to have his way with her, he will stop at nothing to get what he wants. If you don’t want him to start an argument, we should probably get her out of here while he’s busy doing other stuff.” Yonghwa came to the same conclusion Hara just had. If they wanted to avoid absolutely all problems, they had to get her out of there now.

“Damn it!” yelled Yoona randomly. “Seohyun’s parents came back tonight…” Immediately, everyone’s faces soured at the realization. “If we brought her home like that, her dad would most likely lock her in a dungeon for the rest of her life. Ugh, what the hell are we supposed to do now? We’re screwed if we don’t get her out of here too.”

“I’ll take her home,” offered Yonghwa calmly. “She’s stayed at my house once or twice before so I’m sure she won’t mind. Just tell her parents that she stayed over at your house Yoona.”

“I’ll drive you guys there,” Hara cut in, pulling her car keys from her purse.

“Nah, it’s not even midnight yet, I can’t let you guys miss the party. I was thinking of bailing in a bit anyways. Parties just aren’t my thing,” Yonghwa assured them. “I’ll walk her home, it’s not too far. You guys stay here and enjoy yourselves. Tell me how the party went when we get back to school.” As much as Yonghwa wanted to enjoy the loud music, drunk people, and free alcohol, he had enough. He wasn’t a music kind of guy and listening to Kesha blasting at full volume was making him wonder if he hadn’t lost a few brain cells, and not just from the alcohol.

“Are you sure you don’t need any help Yonghwa?” questioned Taecyeon. “It’s cold outside and Seohyun doesn’t seem to be dressed for that kind of weather. Are you sure you’re not going to be the one doing naughty things to Seohyun while you’re all alone?”

“Taecyeon, not every guy is a ert like you. Yonghwa be careful going back. You had your share of drinks yourself so watch yourself. It’s not that we don’t trust you, but things could get dangerous,” explained Yoona.

“I’m fine, I’ll be going now. Do you know where Seohyun left her jacket?” Yonghwa asked, preparing to leave. The small group of worried teenagers helped Yonghwa put the trench coat from yesterday on Seohyun tightly. Even with a jacket on, she looked like she was going to be cold. The coat did nothing to protect her legs from the harsh winter weather.

“You just love to cause trouble don’t you?” he asked the slowly walking girl next to him.

“Yonghwaaaaaaa let me go~” whined Seohyun. “It’s not even midnight yet and the party was jussst getting started…”

“You’re starting to slur your words and you look like you’re about to fall over, I’m pretty sure you’ve had enough partying for tonight.” Seeing as how the girl ceased arguing with him, he supposed that she realized how drunk she was. It was just his luck that he had to deal with a girl like that. Since when did he become a nice guy that thought about others? Back then he would have dumped the drunk girl onto her friends and let them deal with it. Why had he worried about what Yoona and Hara thought anyways?

“Yonghwa, can I go to shleep herrrre? I’m tired,” Seohyun asked. “Why am I so shleeepy all off a sudden?” Yonghwa thought she was just babbling as she had been few moments ago, but when he felt her weight crash down onto him, he realized she was actually going to sleep.

“Yah! Wake up!” he yelled at her. All of a sudden he felt a sensation of déjà vu. This was almost the same situation as when they were stuck in that storm back in August. It was hard to believe that he had saved her from the rain so long ago, even though it felt like it was just yesterday. “Freaking troublesome woman…” After Yonghwa was done grumbling he took off his jacket and wrapped it around her waist. He would be cold, but at least she wouldn’t be. In a swift motion, Yonghwa threw the sleeping girl onto his back and resumed his trek to his house. He sort of regretted offering to take her home, but it was too late now.

“Horseyyyyyyyy! Oh my god Yonghwa I didn’t know you were part horse too~” Seohyun yelled cutely. “I alwaysh wanted a horsh.” Yonghwa wanted to throw up at the cute voice she was speaking in. The way she said all her ‘s’ sounds as ‘sh’ also made him want to sew together so she wouldn’t talk. Then again, she couldn’t help if her body wouldn’t listen to her.

“I’m not a horse Seohyun. Stop yelling or else the people in the neighborhood will think I’m kidnapping a drunk girl.” Seohyun ignored his warning and continued her excited yelling. Yonghwa wouldn’t mind her so much if she was just yelling, but when she began rocking as if she was on a real horse, it became hard to carry her. “Yah! Stop jumping up and down, it’s hard enough as it is to carry your drunk .”

“Oppa~ stop yelling at meeeeeee,” she cried in frustration. “Yong, Yong, Yong, Yong, Yong, Yong, Yong, Yong, YOOOOOONG. Yong why don’t you like me? I like you soooooooooooo much. I love you this much!” Seohyun used her hands to indicate that she liked him a lot, however she also let go of the grip holding her onto him. Before she could fall off, Yonghwa rocked forward and brought her closer onto his back.

“Aish, you’re so much more annoying when you’re drunk. Don’t let go of me again or I’ll let you fall off,” Yonghwa complained.

“Oppa, oppa, oppa, oppa! I never realished you is my oppa before tonight. Did you know that becauz yerr oldur than me yerr my oppa? It’s like… a whole new world opened up to me when I figured it out,” Seohyun babbled.

“Do you realize what you’re saying? I can’t even understand half of the words you’re saying right now.”

“Yong oppa saranghaeeeeeee!!!! Hmm, your back is so warm, I think I’ll go to sleep on it.” Yonghwa hadn’t really minded what she was doing since she was drunk, but he felt guilty for the feelings he felt once she tightened her grip on him. Seohyun pressed her whole body onto his and rested her head on his shoulder. Her breath trickled onto the skin of his neck, making him feel as if he was on fire. Even though he was wearing nothing but a long sleeved shirt, he felt like he was wearing a few dozen layers of clothes.

“Seohyun… can you get off of me just a little bit? You’re a little too close to me,” Yonghwa pointed out to the sleeping girl.

“I don’t wanna!” she cried like a five year old. “You’re so warm and your back is so perfect for sleeping. I want to stay here forever and ever.” Seohyun proceeded to crush her body even harder onto his back. Yonghwa wasn’t a ert, but he was sure any normal male would be embarrassed to feel the softness of a girl’s s so close to his skin. Thankfully, she had stopped yelling after she fell asleep, so he would at least have a peaceful walk home.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In only a few minutes more, Yonghwa would arrive at the apartment he lived in. Seohyun spent the rest of the trip peacefully sleeping on his back and hadn’t caused him any other problems. He looked over his shoulder and noticed the cute expression she wore as she slept. Yonghwa had no idea Seohyun was such a wild person when she went to parties. Then again, he supposed it was Seung Ri’s fault for telling her to drink so much. Just before they arrived at their door, Seohyun woke up and started causing a commotion.

“Hehehe, guessh who?” she asked playfully while covering Yonghwa’s eyes from behind.

“Seohyun, I can’t see!” Yonghwa yelled. “You idiot, I’m climbing stairs! Take your hands off my face or else I’m going to fall and get us both hurt.” Seohyun obeyed against her will and continued to say things that made completely no sense. She was surely drunk to the point of insanity in Yonghwa’s eyes.

“Get off of me Seohyun, I can’t get my keys out of my pocket,” ordered the once again annoyed young man.

“No! Let me get them for you,” she offered. Seohyun let her hands roam around Yonghwa’s waist in search of his pockets. If she weren’t drunk, she would have found them almost immediately. However, because she was in fact drunk, her clumsy hands wandered around places Yonghwa was not comfortable with.

“Seohyun watch where you are feeling you ert. Just get off of me so I can find them myself.”

“Got them!” Yonghwa heard the jingle of the keys in Seohyun’s hands and he quickly snatched them away. He was desperately trying to open the door with his right hand while his left held Seohyun in place on his back. He sighed a sigh of relief once he was back in his own home. Yonghwa walked in and stared at Seohyun expectantly, as if asking her to get off. “Oppa! I don’t want to get off here, take me to your bed so I can sleep.”

“You know you’re really pushing it…” Yonghwa complained. He grudgingly walked a few more steps with the girl on his back towards his bedroom. He supposed she intended to sleep on his bed for that night, so he would be forced out to sleep on the couch. Just one more problem to add onto the already huge pile of problems she caused. The relief he felt when she finally plopped down onto the bed was unbelievably amazing. After carrying a drunk, loud, obnoxious, and annoying girl for 30 minutes, all he wanted to do was sleep for a few days straight.

“Yonghwa do you want to sing a song with me? I want to shing a shong!” Seohyun eagerly stated. Yonghwa glared at her but it had no effect. He just couldn’t see how she could be so energetic after saying she wanted to sleep so badly.

“No Seohyun I don’t want to sing a song with you. Now, just go to sleep.” Seohyun sat up in the bed and looked at Yonghwa intensely. He felt a little awkward having her stare him down so strongly so he turned his head in the other direction. Once again, the clothes he was wearing felt a little too hot for him to bear.

“Hehe, it’s kinda hot in here right?” he asked nervously. Just as he undid the top button on his shirt, Seohyun began to sing a song that wasn’t familiar to him. It was in English, a language he understood reasonably well, but he still didn’t know who the singer was.

 

Ohh yeah yeah
The situations turns around enough to figure out
That someone else has let you down
so many times I don't know why
But I know we can make it as long as you say it

So tell me that you love me yeah
And tell me that I take your breath away
And maybe if you take one more than I would know for sure
There's nothing left to say
Tell me that you love me anyway
Tell me that you love me anyway

 

(Here is the song. I usually would hesitate to use a song by some teenage American girl, but it fits the situation perfectly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6hl_JMFyB0 )

Yonghwa forgot all about his intentions of leaving the room once he heard the first few lines of the song. He became curious as to why Seohyun was singing that kind of a song. Once the song picked up speed, he regretted staying in the room with the drunk girl. The heat he was feeling all over his body was almost unbearable. He was sure if he went outside in the frigid weather without wearing anything, he would still feel as if he was on fire.

“Oppa… do I do that to you?” Seohyun asked, ceasing to sing her song.

“Do you do what?” he asked while swallowing loudly.

“Do I take your breath away?” she asked shyly.

“Um… Seohyun I think you have to go to sleep now. I’ll see you in the morning.” Yonghwa stood up to leave the room, but was stopped when something forcefully pull him backwards and onto the bed. Not even a second after, he felt something on warm on his lips. His breath was being taken away, quite literally. Yonghwa had no idea what the hell was going on at the moment. The whole room spun for a few seconds until he realized that Seohyun was forcing a kiss onto him. Strangely enough, he didn’t feel the need to push her off of him. Even though she was out all his air, his body didn’t care. His lungs were being slowly emptied out, but air didn’t seem to be a necessity at that moment. It wasn’t until after a few seconds of kissing that he realized he was kissing her back. Eventually the contact between them was broken and they stared at each other with a dazed expression.

“Seohyun…” he whispered. Before he could continue speaking, Seohyun dropped down onto the bed and began to snore loudly. Yonghwa still didn’t fully grasp what was going on and just stared at Seohyun with a confused expression. Seohyun continued to sing a few lines of the song in her sleep, asking him to tell her that he loved her.

“Tell me that you love me…” she mumbled over and over in her drowsy state. The alcohol seemed to finally have kicked in and knocked her out for the night. It didn’t look like she would be standing back up anytime soon from how deeply asleep she was.

“You sure take my breath away…” Yonghwa answered. “Can I tell you that I love you? I don’t even know the answer to that one myself.” The stunned boy picked himself off the bed and shuffled towards his new bed known as the couch. “What the hell did you just do Jung Yonghwa?” Hoping that this wasn’t just a bad, alcohol-induced dream, Yonghwa slapped himself pretty hard on the face. Unfortunately for him, it still stung him, indicating he was still awake. He felt guilty for taking advantage of a drunk girl, especially one like Seohyun, but it was better to brush it off and go to sleep. If she was as drunk as she looked, she wouldn’t remember a thing the next morning.

Lately Yonghwa experienced many firsts due to the girl sleeping in his room. Yesterday was the first time he gave someone a gift, went to the movies, and he even went to the mall. He never once imagined he would do all of that in such little time. Today he went to his first party and Seohyun had just stolen his first kiss. He had to admit he was long overdue for some of those things, but it was still strange nonetheless.

 

Author’s Note: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Sorry I couldn’t give this out sooner. Got caught up going to my cousins for the weekend and didn’t get to update. Once again, the beginning of the chapter , but the end made it all better in my opinion. I hope nobody here is thinking they were going to do naughty stuff, since Yonghwa isn’t like that. Anyways, I hope all of you are ready for this epic cliffhanger sorta. Also, I in no way am condoning underage drinking, but I had to get Seohyun drunk in order for the end to happen.