Start Over

Start Over

 

 

 

Date: August 28, 2014 at Incheon International Airport

 

It's only 1 in the afternoon but Jo Kwon was already at the airport. Their flight to Jeju Island will depart at 4 in the afternoon. He feels bad that he won't be able to celebrate his birthday with his friends so he decided to message his hyungs and Ga-in's noonas and convinced them to meet him at the airport before Ga-in arrives.

 

 

“JO SEOBAAAAANNNNGGGGGGGG!!!!!”

 

 

Kwon turned around and saw Jea waving frantically at him. He can't help but laugh at Jea's actions. He waved back at Jea shouting “Hello Kim Cheohyeongnim!!”

Jea high-fived Kwon as soon as she reached him. Narsha and Miryo waved at Kwon. He bowed to them and said hi. “Wah~ I'm so glad the noonas can make it today.”

“Ah what are you talking about.” Jea playfully nudged Kwon. “Of course we're not going to miss our Jo Seobang's birthday.”

Kwon smiles automatically but feels shy when Jea calls him 'Jo Seobang'. “Ah noona~ Why do you keep calling me Jo Seobang. Me and Ga-in noona are not yet married~”

Narsha smirked. “Omo omo. Kwon-ah. Get used to that title because Jea is planning to call you that until you two get married.” She laughed. “Ah, I almost forgot.” She turned to Miryo and motioned her to get something out of her bag. 

Miryo searched her bag and took out a medium-sized box. “Happy birthday Jo Seobang~!” She handed him the box. “It's from me and Narsha. Think of it as your birthday gift plus congratulatory gift for your engagement.”

“OMO NOONA!” Kwon hid his face shyly using the gift that Miryo gave him. “I didn't even do my proposal yet~ And we're not sure if she will say yes~”

Jea pushed him. “Eyy. What are you saying. Of course our Gainnie will say yes.” She patted him on the shoulder. “That's why I'm practicing on calling you Jo Seobang, Jo Seobang.”

Kwon was about to say thank you to Miryo and Narsha when someone suddenly hit his head from behind.

 

 

“KWONNIE HYUUUUUNGGG~~”

 

 

Jinwoon placed his arm on Kwon's shoulders and ruffled his hair. The three older ladies laughed at Kwon because his face shows his irritation towards the maknae. “Ah stop messing my hair!” They heard Kwon shout.

“Tch.” Jinwoon removed his hand from Kwon's shoulders. “Hyung your reaction nowadays is really a hit.” He shook his head in disappointment. “And seriously, we were planning to give this to you.” He turned him around and Kwon was surprised with what he saw.

 

 

“Happy Birthday to you~ Happy Birthday to you~ Happy birthday our dear Kwonnie~”

 

 

Seulong and Changmin were holding a cake and singing the happy birthday song to him. Everyone joined the singing midway. “Happy birthday to you~~~!”

 

 

“JO KWON-AH HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”

“JO BALLAENG HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”

“KWONNIE HYUNG HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”

“JO SEOBANG HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”

 

 

Everyone was chaotic when they greeted Kwon. He laughed at the situation and blowed the candles. Seulong saw the opportunity and smashed the cake to Kwon's face. “That's for leaving us out on your Jeju trip.” He stuck his tongue out and hid behind Jinwoon. Kwon just stood there with icing dripping from his face.

“Yah let's go before he gets a hold of himself and kills me.” Seulong urged the others. 

Narsha patted him on the back before she went to Seulong's side. “Kwon-ah. Fighting fighting later okay?” Miryo seconded the motion by tapping him on the back as well.

He heard Changmin scream “OUR KWONNIE HAPPY BIRTHDAY! FIGHTING FOR LATER!” out loud. Kwon also heard Jinwoon mutter out something like “Hyung, my present is at your right side. Good luck tonight!” and tapped him on his shoulders. Lastly, he heard something shuffle at his left side. Kwon thought that it must be Jea since she's the only one who didn't say anything to him after the chaos. 

 

 

“Kwon-ah. Don't worry. I'm sure Ga-in will say yes. Remember, she's been helping you regain your memories, right?” She lightly tapped him on the shoulder. “Son Ga-in loves you, so much. Oh, and my present is at your left. Tell me what happens later okay? Jo Seobang fighting!”

 

 

 

With that, Jo Kwon was left alone in the airport with icing still driping from his face.

 

 

Date: August 28, 2014 at Jejudo

 

“Yah Jo Kwon. You're really and idiot.”

 

Kwon and Ga-in are now at their hotel room at Jeju. Kwon was still a little pissed about the cake smashing that he said that he's too tired to go out. Ga-in was just laughing at him when she saw him at the airport with cake bits on his head.

“So we're really not going out?” She asked Kwon who nodded. “Ey what are we going to do if we're not going out?” Ga-in said as she sat down on the bed.

Kwon shrugged as he started to fix his things. “Noona, you can go out if you want. I'll just rest for a bit and follow you later.”

“Are you sure?” Ga-in automatically stood up. She really wants to go out and enjoy the view in Jeju. But she doesn't want to bug Kwon to go with her because he really looks like he's not in the mood. Ga-in heard a faint “Mm.” from him. “Yeobo, just go. I'll follow you in a bit.” She heard Kwon add to his 'Mm.'

Ga-in walked to the door hesitantly. When Kwon said that she can go first, her excitement went away. Now anxiousness and nervousness started to creep inside of her. “Kwon-ah, message me if you need something or if you're on your way okay?” She saw Kwon nod and wave as he made his way to the bed. Ga-in watched him lie down and sleep before leaving him alone in the room.

 

Kwon originally planned to fake his sleep until Ga-in was out of the room. He was going to fix the room for his surprise. But when he lied down on the bed, his mind automatically shut down and he went off to dreamland. 

 

When Ga-in came back to the room, she found a snoring Jo Kwon on the bed. His mouth was slightly open and she can hear his light snores. Ga-in laughed at him and looked for the polaroid camera that she packed. “I need a proof shot of this.” She muttered when she found her camera.

Ga-in positioned herself on the foot of the bed. “Ah. This is fun.” Laughing to herself, she took a picture of of the sleeping Kwon.

“Ah. What's that~” Kwon was startled with the clicking noise. He jumped a little and opened his eyes. Kwon grabbed his phone which was lying next to him and checked the time. His eyes widened when he realized that he slept for almost two hours. 

“OMO I HAVE TO GET THINGS READY!” He sat up straight and sprawled fast out of bed.

 

 

“Get things ready for what?

 

 

Kwon was startled  when he sudddenly heard Ga-in's voice. He didn't realize that she was inside the room and was staring at him with a confused look on her face.

“Omo. Yeobo, you're back?” He said with panic in his voice. “How was your sight seeing?” Kwon tried to change the topic while thinking of a plan b.

“Yah.” Ga-in raised her eyebrow at him. “Why are you changing the topic? What are you planning Jo Kwon?

Kwon fidgeted and laughed awkwardly. “Eyy~ Noona~ what are you talking about? I'm not planning anything.” He shifted his gaze to his backpack which was behind Ga-in. The ring was inside the bag and Kwon would be dead if Ga-in found out. He stood up slowly and started to go to his backpack.

“Yah idiot don't kid with me.” Ga-in threated Kwon, who was approaching her. What is he doing? And why is he suddenly going to his bag? Is something...? Ga-in turned around quickly grabbed Kwon's bag. “Were you going to get this one, yeobo?” She raised his bag when she turned around to face him.

Kwon's eyes widened when Ga-in grabbed his bag. ”Y- Ye- Yeobo.” He stammered. “I'm not planning anything. Give me the bag.

 

“Why? Is somthing hidden here?” Ga-in started to his bag. Kwon panicked and grabbed the other end of his bag. 

“Noona~~~ Let gooo~~~ This is my bag~” He pleaded as he pulled the bag to his direction.

But Ga-in does not want to let go. “Whyyy? Something is hidden here right?

“No~~ That's where I placed my underwear~~” What Kwon said was half-true. He did place some of his underwear in his backpack, but it was well hidden.

Ga-in flushed and got embarrassed but she still didn't let go of the bag. “Just tell me what's inside this bag and I'll let go.” She said as she pulled the bag to her direction with much force.

Kwon went along with the direction of the bag. Man, Ga-in noona is so strong. “Noona~ Let go!!” He pulled the bag to his direction. The two kept on playing tug-of-war with Kwon's backpack and bickered aloud. Little did they know that the zipper was starting to open by itself.

 

 

Soon enough, a little blue box fell out of the bag with an audible thud as it reached the floor. The two of them stopped shouting and looked at the box sitting on the floor.

 

 

Kwon closed his eyes and prayed that this was all just a dream.. That Ga-in never saw the box at the floor... That Ga-in did not picked up the box and asked “What's this?” to him.

His eyes was still closed when he heard a loud gasp coming from Ga-in. No Jo Kwon this is a dream. You did not hear Ga-in noona gasp. He kept on chanting in his head. Kwon admitted that he was disappointed since his plan did not go... Or rather, it was not well executed. He hung his head with shame creeping up on him.

 

“Yah. What's this?” Ga-in said to Kwon. She was trying to make her voice as calm as she can.

 

Kwon sighed and opened his eyes. There was no use of trying to say a silly excuse. “Aigoo. Can't noona tell that it's an engagement ring?” He sighed again and looked at Ga-in.

Kwon was shocked when he saw that there were tears coming out from her eyes. To be honest, he never expected her to cry because of her chic personality... Well, he summed up that Ga-in has a chic personality when she agreed to help him with his memories this past year. 

“Noona~” He said as he cautiously approached her. Kwon was racking his brains out on how to make this at least a bit romantic.

When he was in front of her grabbed Ga-in's left hand and swayed it awkwardly as he grabbed the box from her right hand. Kwon was suddenly giggling like a little kid. “Yeobo, this is fun right?” He said as he smiled at her.

Ga-in looked dumbfounded with Kwon's actions. What is this kid doing? She was about to ask her what is wrong with him when Kwon suddenly stopped swaying her hand and went down on one knee. Ga-in saw him gulp and that made her nervous than ever. “Y- Ya- Yah. Jo.. K-Kwon..” She barely can say his name straight. “What are you doing?

Kwon sighed before looking straight into Ga-in's eyes. He smiled at her and started his monologue.

 

 

“Noona. To be honest this thing should have been a more grand event. The room should have been arranged nicely and the atmosphere should have been romantic. But I guess I failed.” He laughed.

“I think I'm a little bit of a failure as well. This past year, you have been helping me out... Trying to regain the lost puzzle to my screwed up mind. But sadly, I really can't seem to remember everything. Sure, there were bits of it but I wanted the whole picture.

“But then I realized that as we both tried to remember my memories, we were both unconciously creating new memories. Of course, those memories will stay here.” Kwon pointed at his temple. “Even though I can't remember everything that happened with us in the past, I sure remember this fact... that I, Jo Kwon, loves Son Ga-in so much. I love you when I was still the "Past Jo Kwon", and this present Jo Kwon loves you.

 

 

Kwon opened the box to reveal his engagement ring for Ga-in.

 

 

“Son Ga-in, the scariest eye-line wearing girl that I've ever met... Will you marry me?

 

 

Date: September 20, 2016 at Myeondong Cathedral in Myeondong, Jung-gu

 

To: Kiddy Husband; 5:30 pm

    Yah. You're still there right?

From: Kiddy Husband; 5:33 pm

    Of course yeobo. Why would you think that I would leave this room? I have my hyungs and Jinwoonie with me.

To: Kiddy Husband; 5:36 pm

    Dummy. You might leave me again in the altar so I'm making sure that you're there. I will seriously hunt you down if you repeat what you did to me.

 

Ga-in was texting Kwon jokingly while she was waiting for her veil. She was bored and her unnies left her alone in her waiting room. She actually hesitated to bother Kwon but she was getting impatient. She needed a distraction, and bothering Kwon was her best one.

 

From: Kiddy Husband; 5:39 pm

    Eyy~ Yeobo. You have my word that I will not leave you later... Or forever. ^^ 

To: Kiddy Husband; 5:45 pm

    Tch. Whatever. I better get ready because in 15 minutes, I'm going to be tied down to a kid.

From: Kiddy Husband; 5:49 pm

    AH NOONA! You're making it sound like you're going to be jailed for life with me. >_<

 

Ga-in laughed at Kwon's last reply. She decided to ignore his message because Miryo and Narsha arrived along with her veil. 

“Aigoo.” Narsha started as she placed and fixed the veil on Ga-in's hair. “Look Miryo-yah, our maknae is getting married before us. Isn't this sad.” She said with a mellow voice.

“Unnie~” Ga-in said shyly. “It's not my fault. Blame the kid who's...” She glanced at the clock. There was only 5 minutes left before she walks down the aisle. “Probably at the altar now.

Suddenly, Miryo got curious about something. “Ga-in ah, are you feeling scared or something? Like what if this is deja vu all over again?” She asked the maknae cautiously.

“Done!” Narsha exclaimed. Ga-in stood up from the chair and approached the mirror. She saw her unnies gasp and giggle at her. She was going to answer Miryo's question but she was interrupted with Jea popping her head in the room.

 

“Ga-in ah. It's showtime.

 

She nodded in response and walked to the door. “Oh Miryo unnie.” Ga-in spoke as they exited her room and walked to the main doors of the church. “You want to know how I feel, right?

 

 

 

Well, I feel... Great. Unnie, I feel that nothing will go wrong today.

 

 

Kwon stood at the altar, looking around and feeling anxious. Beside him was Seulong and Jinwoon, who were both over towering him. He protested that they should not be beside him but as usual, they ignored him. Meanwhile, Changmin was standing from across them. He mouthed something to Kwon.

 

“Kwon-ah, are you okay?

 

He understood what his hyung said and nodded. To be honest, Kwon was feeling confident today. He felt great. He felt like he was on cloud nine. 

He smiled and waved when Ga-in's close unnies, Jea, Narsha and Miryo finished marching from the aisle and stood across him. They waved back at him and gave him the thumbs up as well. Jea even mouthed “Ohh. I'm so jealous.” at him. Kwon laughed.

After a few minutes, the music changed to the tune of the wedding march. Kwon gulped and looked at the aisle. He told himself that no matter what happens, he will not take his eyes off Ga-in. And boy he was right.

 

 

He saw Ga-in in the most beautiful white dress that she had ever wore. Kwon laughed in his head. The dress really do give out the innocent and a little bit of y kind of feel. Every one of the guests turned their heads as the bride walked down the aisle. Kwon was breathless; his mouth even gaped because he can't describe how beautiful his soon to be wife looked.

 

 

Kwon wanted to fetch the beautiful girl who ws walking towards the altar. But people may get the wrong idea again so he decided to stay put. Noona is already marching anyway. He thought as Ga-in walked the aisle slowly. Kwon felt that her walking is too slow, a turtle may even overtake her.

Seulong looked at his dongsaeng and noticed that he was looking a bit off. “Yah Kwon-ah.” He nudged him. “What's up. You're looking a bit off. Like you're about to faint or something.

“Hyung don't tell me you're planning to run away again.” Jinwoon poked his head out so that Kwon can see him.

Kwon shook his head vigorously. “No! Why would I do that?” He glared at Jinwoon. Kwon brought his attention back to Ga-in. She was halfway walking through the altar. Seriously this noona. Is she trying to put on a very slow show?  He sighed and started to walk to the aisle.

 

Seulong, Jinwoon, Changmin plus the three ladies was caught off guard with Kwon's sudden action. People gasped and started to whisper to eat other. Ga-in, on the other hand, had her eyes wide in shock. Of course no one would see her surprised face because it was covered with her veil. W-What... Is this history repeating itself?

 

Jinwoon nudged Seulong to get Kwon but Seulong can't seem to move his feet. Something is stopping him from approaching Kwon.

 

Kwon ignored the obvious whispering and approached Ga-in. He smiled seepishly when he reached her and he offered his hand to her. Ga-in was shocked, but she still grabbed his hand. The two of them then walked the aisle, hand in hand.

 

 

“Noona, you thought that I would runaway again, did you?” He whispered to her while laughing. Ga-in ignored his words and slapped him on his arm.

“Seriously if you ran away I would hunt you down and strangled you to death myself.

“Aigoo. You're really a scary noona. Do you know that boys do not like scary noonas?

“And do you know that girls do not like erted kids? Tch. Really. Yah Jo Kwon, you do realize that you're only compatible with me.” Ga-in sneered. “When we reach the altar, you're tied to me for life.” Kwon just laughed at Ga-in and her words.

 

 

When they were almost at the altar, he suddenly stopped. Ga-in looked at him with a confused face. “What's the matter Kwonnie? Did you get nervous with what I said earlier?” She said jokingly.

Kwon shook his head. “No. Noona, I just realized something.

“Hm? What is it?” Ga-in asked cautiously.  If Kwon would say that he's not ready then she will really kill him this time. But Kwon said something else that made Ga-in froze in her place.

 

 

“Noona. You have never shown your bareface to me. Your no make-up face. Not even once.

 

 

Ga-in was caught off-guard with Kwon's statement. Now that I think about it, he's right. She opted to stay off the topic. “Yah, let's just go there. People are staring. Look, even that babo Im Seulong is pointing at me.” She glared at Seulong who was indeed pointing at her like a kid.

 

“No.” He turned to face her and tried to take the veil off. “Yeobo show me your no make-up face.

 

Ga-in was fighting Kwon's hands. “What? Now?!” Kwon stubbornly nodded. “WHAT THE HELL. NO JO KWON.

“Yeobo~ We're going to get married and I haven't even seen your no make-up face. That's just weird. Show it to me now.” Kwon still insisted. 

But Ga-in stayed firm and fought with Kwon's hands. “NO! Yah Kwon-ah. Stop it. People are now really staring.

“But noona you have to show it to meeee~~!!” Kwon whined like a little kid.

Ga-in got irritated. There was only one way to stop him from bothering her and to move forward with the ceremony.

 

“FINE! FINE. I'LL SHOW IT TO YOU WHEN WE GO TO OUR HONEYMOON.

 

Kwon smiled widely, as if he won the lottery. He nodded and grabbed Ga-in's hand firmly as they went onwards the altar. Ga-in shook her head and sighed. I think I have to avoid this topic again when we really go to out honeymoon.

 

The ceremony started. Everyone was quietly watching the two tiny couple tie the knot. Jea started crying when the officator asked them the most important question of the ceremony.

“Do you, Jo Kwon, take Son Ga-in as your wife. For better or for worse, rich or poor, till death do you part?

“Death is a scary word.” Kwon argued. “Instead of saying that, how about "Jo Kwon, are you ready to live your life as Son Ga-in's husband and create new memories with her?"” He suggested. All of them were dumbfounded with Kwon's suggestion. Meanwhile, Kwon patted himself at the back for suggesting it. The officiator wanted to argue but Changmin quickly approached him and told him to just go with Kwon's suggestion. He coughed and started over again.

 

 

“Jo Kwon, are you ready to live your life as Son Ga-in's husband and create new memories with her?

 

“Yes. Always love, Son Ga-in.

 

 

Ga-in cringed when Kwon said yes. Kwon pouted at her. “Son Ga-in.” The officator continued. “Are you ready to live your life as Jo Kwon's wife and create new memories with him?

 

She sighed. “Do I have a choice?

 

 

The officator looked at them with a weird expression. He was weirded out with Ga-in's answer plus reaction and Kwon's suggestion earlier. He was going to ask Ga-in for a definite answer but Jinwoon quickly tapped his shoulders and urged him to just continue the ceremony. These kids are weird.

 

“You two are now married. You may kiss the bride.

 

Kwon giggled as he approached Ga-in. He slowly took off the veil to reveal his wife's face. “Noona, we're married now. You have to show me your no make-up face when we get to our honeymoon later.” He said, their faces a few inches from each other.

“Tch. We'll see.” She said. “I'll show it to you if you behave later.

“Ah yeobo! Why are you treating me like ah

 

 

 

Ga-in grabbed his tie and kissed him to stop his nagging. Kwon smiled and kissed her back.

 

a/n:

WAAAH! IT'S FINALLY DONE~! //UGLY SOBBING//

 

I don't know if you guys like the ending. I hope you do. I hope I did justice to the fic. >< And I think this is a very very very long chapter. LONGEST CHAPTER I HAVE EVER WRITTEN. //bows//

Honestly, the chapter should start with Seulong coming back from London and from there, we would learn that Kwon planned to propose to Ga-in on his birthday.

 

Wah. I don't know what to say. First, I should thank you guys. THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO STOOD BY THIS FIC FROM THE START UP TO THE LAST CHAPTER OR FROM ANY POINT OF THE FIC UP TO THE LAST CHAPTER. To my subscribers and to my silent readers. Thank you, really. I never really did expect this fic to blossom but then again, you never know the power of KkapLiners. lol. 

Second. Sorry. Sorry if the fic sometimes did not seem to go with the storyline or if it got a little too vague for you guys. I tried my best to add up my story but writer's block gets to me and I end up forgetting what I was supposed to write for some chapters. That's why sometimes, it's just too vague or meh. 

Third. Hmm. Shoutout to the Adam Couple fans that I've met/interacted through this fic..? //waves shyly then runs away// lol so awkward. But hello to those who are always down at the comment box. I may not reply to you guys that often because I'm just too shy. >.< But I'm much more talkative on twitter, I swear. LOL.

Fourth. I'm really sorry to Lee Minyoung. lol. I don't know why but I feel sorry for her. She got all the hate in this fic. I debated whether I should include her in the final chapter but then again, she's abroad so meh.

 

With that, my first fic is done~! I'm not marking this complete yet because I want to know your opinions. Since I made the ending a bit "Adam-ish" with all the bickering and the nagging and the no make-up face... Should I write an extra chapter about their honeymoon/Ga-in's no make-up face revelation? lol. And also, would you guys like to know why Seulong went to London? I mean, should I write about Seulong telling his London story to them? LOL. Both things are just short scenarios in my head so I may just squeeze them into one chapter. Just let me know. :D

 

Oh and if you guys are wondering if I'm going to write another one, my answer is yes. But I think I have to focus first on school and everything. The semester is almost over so it won't be long before I release my second story. The storyline is all planned out, to be honest lol.  I'm just thinking of whether to write in in Kwon's point of view or should I just stick to this third person point of view. Who knows, maybe I'll release my second story this week or the following week. Hihihi. :3

 

Wow I'm going to miss writing “Comments are Jjang!” and “Till the next update~! :D” at the end. :( If you guys like have question, I'd be happy to answer them. :3

 

Oh boy. Well. Now I don't know what to say... I guess.. I'm out? LOL.