I Hope We Can Be Friends

Start Over

 

Seulong patted Jinwoon on his shoulders while they made their way back to the buffet table. “Yah, Jinwoon-ah.

Jinwoon turned around to his hyung. “What's up hyung?

“What's your impression of Minyoung? I mean, do you think she'll mess those two up?” He pointed at Kwon and Ga-in who are now seated at their table, eating and talking.

Jinwoon looked around, checking if Minyoung was in earshot before he spoke. “Hyung, honestly? Yes. But that's just my opinion. Who knows, maybe she's over Kwon.

“Wait, who broke up with who again?” Seulong asked the maknae.

“I think it was...

 

-FLASHBACK: December 23, 2008-

“Oh. Kwon-ah. I thought you were going out with Minyoung tonight?” Seulong was surprised to see Kwon at Jinwoon's living room, lying on his couch.

Kwon looked at him lazily. “Ah. Hyung. You're here. No. I” He avoided Seulong's eyes.

“I broke up with Minyoung-ah.

Seulong tripped when Kwon spoke. “Wait. What?” His eyes were wide open. “Yah, don't joke around Jo Kwon. That's not a good joke.

“Hyung, I'm serious. I really broke up with her.” Kwon said, now playing with his phone.

Seulong stood up and sat down in front of him. “Why?

Kwon sighed before answering his hyung. “Hyung. Being with her is hard. She's so... It's hard to get along with her as we progress. Hyung, she's a hard person. I can't stand it anymore.

“I see. I'm sorry. How did she take it?

Kwon showed Seulong his phone. A message from Minyoung can be seen on the screen. “Not that good.

“Kwonnie oppa! How long are we going on a break? Because I will leave for the States on the 27th. I still need to see you before I go. We still need to talk on how we're going to do the long distance thing. Oppa, please reply to my message.” Seulong read the message out loud. “So she didn't realize that you just broke up with her.” Kwon nodded.

“Hyung, help me out. Jinwoonie is not really a big help. As you can see, he and Changmin hyung left me here alone. They ran off to buy some ingredients but I doubt those two really bought food.” Kwon pleaded with Seulong.

“Well, if I'm in your place, I would just ignore her until she gets tired of chasing you. I don't know if that will work on you but it always works on me.” Seulong suggested, but Kwon just raised his eyebrows at him. “Alright, you want serious advice? Talk to her. Talk to her seriously. Tell her you don't love her anymore. Tell her to stop chasing you and move on. And don't give her the 'It's not you, it's me' crap because in your case, it's really her who's banged up. You have no feelings for her anymore, right?” He asked. Kwon shook his head.

“Good. Now go call her and make it clear to her that you're ending your relationship.Seulong patted Kwon's cheeks.

Kwon sighed and dialled Minyoung's number.

 

“Ah. Minyoung-ah. Listen. Oppa has something to say...

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

“Oh. So Kwonnie was the one who broke their relationship off.” Seulong said. “Right. I remember now. After Kwon broke up with her, she used to send him all kinds of stupid messages and even bothered us.

Jinwoon nodded at Seulong. “I remembered she cannot get over their break-up. Even though she's in the States when they broke up, she wouldn't stop bothering Kwonnie hyung. I think it took her 3 months to stop being a nuisance.

“But hyung, I still think that we need to keep an eye out for her.” Jinwoon whispered. “You know, just to make sure she won't do anything stupid to hurt those two.

Seulong nodded in agreement. “Wait, do you think we need to ask the noonas for help?

 

“What do you guys need help for?

 

The two giants jumped in surprised as Minyoung suddenly spoke from behind them. “Ah. You scared us there, Minyoung. Were you just going to get something?” Seulong asked her, hoping that she didn't hear his conversation with Jinwoon.

“Oh. No oppa.” Minyoung smiled at him. “Aren't you guys going to eat?

Jinwoon nodded at her. “How about you, Minyoung?” She nodded at Jinwoon. “Yah. Jinwoon ah, you better treat me next time we meet since Kwon oppa promoted you.

He smiled at her. Anything to get you out of Kwonnie hyung's sight. “Sure. Whatever you say, Minyoung

 

 

“Yah. Will you stop staring while I'm eating?

Ga-in glared at Kwon, who was staring at her. “Ah why yeobo? What's wrong with me staring at you?

“It's creeping me out.” She said coldly.

“Yeobooo~ Ah really. One minute you say you miss me, and then next minute you push me away.” Kwon lightly stomped his feet in frustration. “Ah really. This is frustrating.” He turned away from her and played with his food.

Ga-in laughed at Kwon's actions. “Yeobo~ Why are you like that?” She said cutely and patted Kwon's head. Kwon was surprised by her sudden actions.

“Aish.” Kwon said, now smiling.

 

A few minutes later, Jinwoon, Seulong, Changmin and Minyoung arrived. “Yah you two. Stop being lovey-dovey. You have your single friends over here.” Seulong said at the two.

“Ah hyung. We're not doing anything bad.” Kwon said as the four of them sat down. Minyoung made sure that she was seated beside Kwon. This made Kwon uncomfortable. Jinwoon was beside Minyoung. He looked at Seulong nervously.

Kwon noticed that Ga-in was shaking a little bit. “Yeobo, are you cold?

“Huh? Mm. A little bit. I left my jacket at the studio since I was running late.” With that, Kwon took off his coat and placed it on Ga-in's shoulders. Minyoung was just silently observing them.

“Thank you, yeobo.

Kwon smiled at her. “Ah really. Now I know why the noonas always complain whenever I text them. You two.” Changmin said. Both of them felt embarrassed and turned away from each other.

 

 

“Uhm. Ms. Ga-in?” Minyoung finally spoke after a few minutes of silence. Jinwoon and Seulong looked at her.

Ga-in turned her head in Minyoung's direction. “Yes?

Minyoung was a little scared when Ga-in spoke. What did Kwonnie oppa see in her? As far as I can remember, her style is not his type. She thought. “Is it okay if I ask you when were you born?

“Me? I'm an '87 liner. How about you?” Ga-in asked. I swear, I've heard her name before.

“Ah. You're my unnie.” Minyoung bowed. “I was born on the year“of 1991 so all of them are my oppas. Well , except for Jinwoonie over there.” An unnie? Seriously, Kwon oppa?  What's happening to you?

Ga-in nodded and smiled. “Ahh. I see. Well, it's really nice to meet you Minyoung-ah.

Minyoung smiled and extended her hand at Ga-in. “It's really nice to meet you too, Ga-in unnie.” Ga-in smiled and shook her hand.

The four boys were just staring at them while they introduced themselves to each other. Out of the four, Kwon was feeling really nervous since he was seated in between them.

“Hyung, when will the construction of the building start?” Kwon tried to start a conversation to fill out the awkward atmosphere.

Seulong almost choked on his food when Kwon suddenly asked him. “Around next week, I guess. Why?

“No reason. I just felt like asking it.

“Jo Kwon, you brat. Stop being so random. You almost killed me to death.” Seulong threw a crumpled tissue at him, but it hit Ga-in instead of Kwon.

“Yah, Im Seulong! What was that for?!” She glared at Seulong. Kwon started to laugh.

“That's for your boyfriend who was being random.” He stuck his tongue out at her. “Well. I'm going. I still need to see some people.” Seulong stood up. “You guys just text me if you're going to leave the party. See you guys around.” With that, he left their table.

Ga-in checked the time. It was now half past 11. “Omo. I didn't notice the time. I think I have to go. Jea unnie will kill me if I won't be back at the studio before 12.

“Noona, I'll take you to the studio.” Kwon said, now standing up. Ga-in nodded since she only took a cab to get to Seulong's event.

“Hyung, what about me?” Jinwoon pouted his lips. Changmin smacked his head. “Aigoo. You kid. Isn't it obvious that you're riding with me now. Kwon-ah, be safe while driving. Text us if you got there safely. Ga-in ah, I'll see you later.” Changmin smiled at the two of them.

Jinwoon was still massaging his head. “Noona! Take care! Say hi to the other noonas for me!” He smiled at Ga-in. “Let's hang out again sometime, okay?

“You're really a kid, aren't you Jinwoonie.” Ga-in can't help but smile at the maknae. “Alright, we'll hang out again, without this tick beside me.” 

“Yah Son Ga-in. Watch your mouth.” Kwon said, irritated. She ignored him and waved at Changmin. “Oppa, if we have time, me and the unnies will stop by the restaurant. They said that they miss your cooking.” Changmin laughed and gave her a thumbs up.

Minyoung suddenly stood up from her seat and approached Ga-in. “Unnie, it was really nice meeting you today. I hope we can be friends.” she smiled.

Somehow, Ga-in was feeling that her smile has another meaning. “Sure. I guess I'll see you around, Minyoung-ah.

“Of course, unnie.” Minyoung bowed to Ga-in again then turned to Kwon. “Oppa, it was nice running into you again today. It has really been a while. Let's catch up when you have the time.” 

“Yeah. Sure. Oh by the way,” He flashed a small smile at her. Welcome home, Minyoung-ah.” Kwon then turned to Ga-in. 

“Yeobo, let's go?

Ga-in nodded. Kwon grabbed her things and made their way out of the hall. Minyoung still stood in her position as she watched the two of them walk towards the door.

 

Ga-in unnie, you better enjoy your time with Kwonnie oppa while you still can. She smirked before going back to their table.

 

a/n:

And Im Seulong's night is done. I think I kinda wrote this down rushed. So sorry. >.< I'll try better in the next chapter. And I'm guessing that Minyoung will probably just hang around this story in 2-4 chapters. Well maximum is 5. Who knows, she might be gone by the next chapter (lol no way she has something planned so she wouldn't just appear in one chapter and disappear in the next) I'm still thinking if Minyoung will do another appearance in the next chapter or what. But right now, I don't want her to appear in the next chapter. Meh. I think I'll just make the next chapter solely on the adam couple. Hihihihi.

Sorry if this chapter . I promise I'll make it up to you guys when I do my next chapter.

To my subscribers, and silent readers: <3

Comments are loved and appreciated. Till my next update~