He's Back

Start Over

 

 

 

-FLASHBACK: Yesterday at the Lotte Hotel Hall #8, 6:00 pm-

Minyoung was done arranging the table at the far end of the hall.“Wow. This is tiring. Kwonnie oppa's efforts have doubled ever since he started dating Ga-in unnie.” She muttered under her breath. “He didn't even conducted surprise events when we were together.

“Minyoung-ah! Are you done?” A happy Jo Kwon approached her. She put on her best smile and nodded at him.

“Mm. All done.” She said. “Oppa, what's the occassion anyway? Why rent a hotel hall for Ga-in unnie?

Jo Kwon smiled at her. He took out a small box from her pocket and showed Minyoung the rings. “I plan to give this to her today.

“Omo. Oppa, is that what I think” Minyoung started but Kwon just laughed at her.

“No.” He shook his head. “This is just a couple ring.” He placed the box back to his pocket. “I'm not yet ready to give her something more than a couple ring. But, soon. I will give her an engagement ring. Just not now.” Kwon smiled.

Minyoung looked at Kwon. She was actually feeling sorry for him because once she spills Ga-in's secret, his smile would fade. Minyoung loved Jo Kwon's smile. But, she has to do this. She won't let Ga-in win.

 

She was ready to tell Kwon.

 

“Oppa, didn't you mention earlier that this was the hall that you and Ga-in unnie first met?” Minyoung asked.

Kwon nodded. “I want Ga-in noona to remember that we met here. I'm going to help her remember every single detail of our history starting from the day that we met.

Minyoung nodded her head, pretending to be interested. “Wah~ Ga-in unnie is really lucky to have you back again, Kwonnie oppa.

“Huh? Back again?” Kwon caught Minyoung's last remark and wondered if he heard her right. ”Did you just say back again, Minyoung-ah?

“Mm? Did I just say that? Oops, I guess that thought must've slipped off my mouth.” Minyoung said innocently.

Kwon looked at Minyoung with confusion. He was thinking if she knew something about his past with Ga-in.

“Oppa.” She started. “Can I tell you something?

Kwon nodded. “Sure. You can tell me anything.

 

 

“What if I tell you that Ga-in unnie remembers you?

 

 

Jo Kwon looked at Minyoung with a surprised look on his face. “What? How could she remember me if she has amnesia?

 

“Oppa. She remembers you. Ga-in unnie is just faking her amnesia.

 

Kwon looked at Minyoung as if she was a crazy person. “Yah.” He unconsciously raised his voice to her. “What are you saying? Do you hear yourself, Minyoung? Are you trying to sabotage Ga-in noona again?” 

He turned his back on her. “Stop this nonesense Minyoung and just go home.

But Minyoung was still persistent. She quickly took out the hospital records of Ga-in and ran to the other side to face him. “Kwonnie oppa, just listen to me. Give me a minute and I'll explain.

“Oppa. How did Ga-in unnie acquire her amnesia?” She first asked him a question.

“She got it when she was hit by a car two years ago.” Kwon replied. “Wait a minute, how do you even know that she has amnesia?

Minyoung ignored Kwon's last statement and showed him Ga-in's medical records. “Oppa. It doesn't matter how I knew that Ga-in unnie has amnesia. Just look at this.” She pointed at the record. “This shows that Ga-in unnie has no amnesia.

 

Kwon took the medical records and looked at them. It stated that a girl named Son Ga-in born on September 20, 1987 was admitted on October 17, 2011 around 9:00 pm. The records show that she had suffered minor bruises from the car that hit her but no head trauma or anything serious was diagnosed. She was discharged the day after she was admitted. The papers were signed by a girl named Jea and it was also signed by Son Ga-in herself.

 

“Oppa, it clearly states there that there was no record of Ga-in unnie's amnesia.” Minyoung said, her voice hinted a little bit of happiness. “Oppa, she was playing with you all this time.

Kwon's expression was unreadable when Minyoung looked at him. She couldn't tell if he was shocked or sad with the sudden news. “Kwonnie oppa?” She cautiously approached him. “Are you okay?” She tapped his shoulder but Kwon shrugged her hand away.

 

“Minyoung-ah. You should just go.

 

She heard him speak in a low voice. “But oppa... I can't leave you now.” Minyoung tried to grab his shoulder again but this time, he moved. His head bowed down.

“Just. Thank you for helping me today. I can finish up the place. Just go.” Minyoung noticed that his voice was shaking. She was not sure if it was shaking because he was about to cry or because he is mad.

“Kwonnie oppa. I'm sorry. You know that” She started but...

 

“AH LEE MINYOUNG JUST GO AWAY WOULD YOU!!

 

Jo Kwon's voiced echoed throughout the hall. Minyoung was surprised. She has never heard Kwon scream so loud nor she has ever seen him mad. Kwon turned around and faced her, his expression siff. “I'm sorry.” He said. “But can you please just leave me alone for now, Minyoung?

Feeling scared, Minyoung nodded at him. She grabbed her bag by the stage and started to walk towards the door of the hall. But before she exited the hall, she said something to Kwon.

 

“Oppa. I hate to say this but I was right the last time we met. I told you Ga-in unnie is not treating you as a special person. I'm really sorry that I had to break the news to you. I just don't want to see you suffer in her world of lies. But, if you ever need me Kwonnie oppa, you know where to find me.

 

Kwon ignored her. Minyoung did not try to push in into replying to her and just left the hall. When she exited the hotel, a smile formed in her face.

“Mission success.

 

 

Meanwhile, Kwon was left alone at the hall. He didn't realize that there were tears in his eyes. He was crying. How could this happen to him? Why did Ga-in lie? Many questions are now running inside Jo Kwon's head.

He wiped his tears and left the hall. On his way out, the receptionist asked him if he was already done. Kwon replied that he just forgot something and he will be back in a minute. He went to the parking lot, got inside his car, started the engine and drove off. He was driving so fast that other cars were beeping their horns at him.

Kwon did not care if he was driving fast or if he was breaking the traffic rules. His mind is blank as of the moment. He just wants to forget everything.

Suddenly, the idea of drinking away all his problems suddenly popped in his mind. Kwon looked for the nearest convenience store and bought all the soju he could grab. The cashier looked at him weirdly when he was about to pay but Kwon just smiled at him... not genuinely but he flashed a fake smile. He thanked the cashier and went off to his car.

As soon as he was in his car, he began to drink like mad. Kwon was not really a heavy drinker. It was Jinwoon who is the strongest drinker among the four of them. He usually quits after 3 bottles. But this time, he was already on his fourth bottle. “I need answers.” he blurted out. Kwon knew he was not yet drunk because he can still text her clearly.

 

To: Yeob<3oh; 7:50 pm

    Noona, are you busy? If you're not, then can you please come to Lotte Hotel here in Jung-gu. I'll be waiting for you here at Hall #8 at the first floor.

 

He pressed send and dropped his fourth bottle of soju on the floor of his car. Kwon started the car and quickly drove back to the hotel. He needed answers. No, he wanted answers.

 

Tears were now back in his eyes again as he entered the hall with a dozen bottles of soju in his hand. He checked the time, it was 8:10 pm. Kwon knew that Ga-in would be late so he decided to drink until she arrived. He closed all the lights, felt his way to the stage and sat down in the dark.

Jo Kwon cried in the dark for a long time until he heard a familiar voice.

 

“Kwon-ah? Are you here?

 

Jo Kwon. It's time to know the truth.

 

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

 

Jea, Narsha and Miryo arrived at Seoul Paik Hospital at around 4 in the morning. Seulong called them one by one and just instructed them to go there and look for Kwon's room. Jea and Miryo were dressed up but Narsha was still in her night clothes.

“What?” Narsha said as the two of her friends stared at her in disbelief. “I had no time to change because that Seulong called up and then after that you called up telling me that you're already on my way to the house.” She pointed at Jea.

Jea just laughed. “Yah Narsha. I'm sorry.” She turned serious when she faced the nurse who was in-charge for the night. “Excuse me, but what is the room number of the patient named Jo Kwon?

“Oh. Jo Kwon. Let's see.” The nurse turned to the computer to search for Kwon's room. “Room 0920.” Jea was surprised at the number. She thanked the nurse and told her two friends where Kwon is. They rode the elevator up to the ninth floor and searched for the 20th room.

“I can't believe the room number is the same as Ga-in's birthday.” Jea whispered. “Do you guys think that one of the boys made that intentionally?

Narsha nodded. “Yah. Those boys are like famous here in Seoul. They can do whatever they want. Especially Jo Kwon.” She stopped when she saw the number 20 on her left. “Omo. Here is the room.” She pointed. The three of them looked at each other before Narsha knocked on the door.

Jinwoon opened the door for them. He smiled weakly at the three before bowing and greeting them. They noticed that Jinwoon looks tired and not hs usual happy self. They greeted Jinwoon one by one. Then, he silently led the three ladies inside Kwon's room.

When they entered his room, the three of them gasped in unison.

 

 

Jo Kwon was lying on the hospital bed, unconscious. His forehead was wrapped in bandages. His face and arms had cuts. His left leg was in a cast and so was his right hand. But his right hand only has a small cast. There was a heart rate monitor at his left side, and it was still steady. At his right side, they saw their maknae looking at him while he was unconscious. She was holding his right hand even though it was in a cast.

 

 

They were speechless at the scene that was in front of them. “What happened?” Miryo bravely broke the silence.

A tired and sleepless Seulong smiled at her. “Noona. Kwonnie had a little accident.” He looked at Ga-in who didn't look at them. She was still staring at Kwon. “The brat can't drive properly earlier so he ended up sleeping in a hospital bed tonight instead of his own bed.” Miryo sensed that Seulong was trying to make the atmosphere happy.

Jea and Narsha was looking at their maknae while Seulong was talking. “Ga-in ah. Can we talk to you outside for a minute?” Jea ordered her. But Ga-in ignored her.

“Yah Son Ga-in.” Seulong spoke when he saw that Ga-in ignored her unnie. “Go with the noonas first. Don't worry. Kwonnie won't run away. We'll call you if he suddenly wakes up.

Ga-in sighed. She looked at Kwon one last time before following her unnies who went outside of the room. Ga-in silently closed the door and looked at her unnies, her expression stiff.

 

“Ga-in. What happened?” Jea asked her maknae, her voice full of concern. “Why is Kwon lying unconscious on a hospital bed?

Tears were now forming in Ga-in's eyes. She was tired of crying but she can't help it. “Unnie~ Jo Kwon knows that I faked my amnesia.” With that, she buried her face in her hands, sobbing hard.

“Omo.”Narsha was the first one to approach Ga-in. She hugged her tightly. Jea and Miryo followed Narsha's action. “Ga-in ah. It's okay. We're here for you.” Narsha said, trying to calm Ga-in.

“Unnie. This is all my fault.” Ga-in croaked. “From the very start I should've just told him the truth. I should've just” Ga-in cried harder in Narsha's shoulder. The three of them looked helpless as Ga-in cried.

Jea broke from the hug and wondered who knew her secret. “Yah. Ga-in ah.” Ga-in looked at her. “Who told Kwon about you secret?

But before Ga-in could answer her unnie, Seulong suddenly went out of the room. “It was Minyoung.” He answered Jea's questiong. The three of them gasped again. Seulong smiled. “You three noonas should make a group called "The Gasping ladies" or something.

“Fund us first.” Miryo joked. Seulong just stuck his tongue out to her. “Anyway, were you just eavesdropping on your noonas' conversation?

Seulong shook his head. “I'm going to fetch someone downstairs. And no it's not his parents, if that's what you're going to ask, Narsha noona.” He said as he saw Narsha almost say something.

 

 

“It's Minyoung.

 

 

“Yah, Seulong-ah. Let us come with you.

 

Jea held Seulong on his right hand, Narsha on the left. They were trying to stop Seulong from going down without them. Miryo and Ga-in just watched the three of them quarrel like kids. 

“Ah noona~ I said I'll go alone.” Seulong whined. “She might get scared if she sees you. Especially with your bare faces.” He received two smacks in his head for his last comment.

“Nooooo~” Narsha said. “We want to go with you~!” Then suddenly, they all heard Seulong's phone ring. Jea looked at Narsha, signalling her to let his left hand go to answer his phone. She hesitantly let his hand go, and Seulong quickly answered his phone.

 

“Hello? Ah. Minyoung-ah.

 

Jea automatically let go of Seulong's arm when she heard  Minyoung's name. “Mm. Oh. I see. I'm just outside of his room. Yeah. I'll wait for you here.” He sighed after his short conversation with Minyoung. “She's going here now if you're going to ask me. She said she feels bad that I have to fetch her downstairs.

“Tch. She should not feel bad about that.” Narsha said. “That Minyoung girl should feel bad for ruining Ga-innie and Kwon's relationship!

Seulong sighed. “Noona, we can't do anything about it. She was one step ahead of us.” He checked the time. It was already 5:30 am. Then, he noticed someone approaching them. “There she is. Noona, I beg you, don't scare off the girl. She's still our friend.

“We'll try.” Jea said. “But no promises though, Im Seulong.

 

Seulong shook his head and approached Minyoung. “Hello Minyoung.” He smiled wearily at her.

“Hello Seulong oppa.” Minyoung replied with a small voice. She peeked over to where Ga-in and her unnies are. “Hello and it's nice to see you again, Jea unnie, Narsha unnie, Miryo unnie... and Ga-in unnie.” She greeted them with a 90 degrees bow. The older three smiled a little for her while the youngest just stared at her.

“Oppa. How is he?” Narsha raised her eyebrow when she heard her ask Seulong.

“He's still fine.. I guess if you call being unconscious for the past.. I don't know... 5 hours? 6 hours? fine then he's fine.” Seulong looked at his noona friends before asking Minyoung. “So, why did you want to talk to me?

Minyoung did a deep bow. “Seulong oppa. I'm really sorry.” Her voice was shaking. “This is all my fault. I should not have told him that. I'm really realy sorry.

“Tch. Good thing you know that this mess is all your fault.” Jea sneered. Seulong turned around and looked at her, signalling that he can handle this but Jea ignored him. “Yah Seulong-ah. I won't just stand here and be quiet. She made out maknae cry for goodness sake!

“Jea is right, Ongong.” Narsha said. “No one makes our Ga-in cry except us.

Seulong closed his eyes in frustration. Of course Im Seulong, the noonas would not listen to you. He was going to say something to them when Ga-in suddenly spoke.

 

 

“Seulong-ah. Can I talk to Minyoung alone?

 

 

Everyone including Minyoung was shocked with Ga-in's words. “U–Unnie? Ga-in unnie, you w-want to t-talk to me?” Minyoung said with shaking voice. Ga-in silently nodded.

“Ga-in ah. What are you planning?” Miryo whispered. Ga-in just shook her head in response.

She then looked at them seriously. “Can you all leave me and Minyoung alone for a while? Seulong-ah. Go check if Kwonnie is okay. I bet Jinwoon and Changmin oppa are now sleeping.” She ordered Seulong. Ga-in gave her unnies a weak smile when she turned to them. “I'll be fine. I promise I won't do anything. Go with Seulong or buy food. Jinwoon has been complaining that he's so hungry.

Jea, Narsha and Miryo was still looking at Ga-in but they nodded. Miryo and Narsha volunteered to buy the food while Jea opted to stay with Seulong.

“Ah, Im Seulong! Do you have a jacket that I can wear? I can't go out like this again.” Narsha asked Seulong.

Seulong then noticed Narsha's outfit and laughed loudly. “Aigoo noona. Seriously.” He shook his head. “Hold on, I'll get my jacket.” Seulong quickly went inside. Jea followed him, but she was still eyeing Minyoung. Then, Seulong went back out to give Narsha his jacket. He did a mocking salute to the two older ladies before colsing Kwon's door.

 

Ga-in yawned. She looked at Minyoung, whose head was bowed down the minute Narsha and Miryo walked past her. She heard her Narsha unnie mutter out “Aigoo. This jacket is like a woman's jacket! What do you think, Miryo? Does it fit me? If it does then maybe I can trick Seulong into giving it to me.” Her Miryo unnie just laughed at Narsha.

“Let's go sit there, Minyoung.” Ga-in pointed at the bench beside Kwon's room. She sat down first, then Minyoung hurriedly sat beside her.

There was an awkward silence between them. No one was talking. Ga-in was staring into space while Minyoung was staring at the floor.

 

“Thank you.

 

Ga-in broke the silence. Minyoung suddenly looked at her. She tried to read Ga-in's expression but she failed. It's like she's staring into a person who's expressions and emotions are off. Minyoung was going to ask her why she's suddenly thanking her but Ga-in spoke ahead of her.

 

“Thank you because you save me the time to tell him about my secret. I honestly don't know how to break the news to him that's why I kept it a secret. So, thank you for saving me the time and the effort to tell the kid about my secret. Thank you for being the brave soul that I needed. Well, whatever happens, I know that his reaction would be like this. He would be furious and mad. I just didn't think that it would be this bad.. That the situation would turn out to be like this. A messy situation.

 

She closed her eyes. Minyoung could see that Ga-in looks tired. She sounds tired. Minyoung was now feeling sory towards Ga-in. “Of course, I'm mad at you.” Ga-in continued. “I'm not mad at you for telling my secret. I'm mad at you because you're ruining everything between me and Jo Kwon.” She sighed. “But I can't help it if you're like that. I can't do anything. Obviously you still like Kwonnie. I would've done the same thing if I was in your shoes but I guess I'd make sure that I succeed.

“Now, I don't know what would happen if he suddenly wakes up. If he decides to ignore me and come back to you. I don't know.” Ga-in now stood up. “But, keep this in your mind.

 

 

“I won't give up Jo Kwon. Never again will I give up on that stupid kid.

 

 

Minyoung was about to say something when Seulong's head suddenly popped out of Kwon's room.

 

 

 

“Jo Kwon's awake. He's back.

 

a/n:

Oh! Look who's back! It's Minyoung! LOL. Part2 of Ga-in's conversation with Minyoung will be at the next chapter. But yay for Jo Kwon who's now awake! Or is he really awake...? Find out at the next chapter.

I knew that I can't finish this in 40 chapters so I'm just seriously going with the flow right now. I'll just finish my exams this week and then I can update again.

To my subs, new subs, and silent readers... I bet you're all curious huh. AHIHIHI. Thank you guys, tho. :)

Jajan! Till the next chapter :D