Worth A Shot

Start Over

 

How did you get your amnesia?

Ga-in kept silent for a few minutes. Sure, she was anticipating that one day, Kwon would ask her that, but she did not anticipate that he would ask that now.

Noona?” He looked at her, eyes full of questions. Should I answer this now? Ugh. How do I answer his question.. What do I say to him? Ga-in was thinking really hard of a good answer to his question.

Kwon just observed her, and after a minute , he finally said. Noona, if you don't want to talk about it then it's — ”but Ga-in raised her hand to silence him.

“It's okay.” she said. “You're curious. I get it.” Ga-in looked at him.

“Well, this is what Jea unnie told me... ” she said, looking away from him. Kwon was staring at her.

She sighed. “You know I got my amnesia two years ago, right?” Kwon nodded. “You see... ”

 

“Two years ago, I was supposed to get married.”

 

 

Kwon froze in his seat. Could it be... Could I be... No way. 

“Unnie told me that I was really happy that day. Happier than the day I met my suppose-to-be-husband. She said I was so excited, they couldn't contain me inside the room. They even teased me that I was acting like a crazy fangirl.” she chuckled.

Ga-in stopped talking and checked if the rain is still pouring. Sadly, it was and it was pouring even more harder. She continued to tell Kwon her "story."

“Then, the wedding march started. That was the time that I actually got nervous a little bit. Narsha, Jea and Miryo unnie were all trying to cheer me up. Then, they were up next to walk down the altar. They disappeared one by one, until I was left alone.

“The music suddenly changed. It was my turn. Jea unnie said that I looked like a goddess much prettier than her while I was walking down the aisle. She said that my smile was so radiating, it touched everyone. I was halfway walking down the aisle when suddenly, my groom started to walk towards me.

Kwon felt nervous. He was suddenly feeling hot even though it was raining and very cold that day. But, he was still listening to her story. 

“Jea unnie said that when he did that, I looked surprised. Everyone was surprised. Then, they started clapping and cheering. Unnie thought that he would be the one to walk me to the altar. But...” she stopped and suddenly looked at Kwon.

“He did not take my hand nor walked me up to the altar. Unnie said that he... He passed by me, not even uttering a single word or taking a look at me. 

“Unnie said that he started to run towards the door.” she said, now looking serious.

 

“Two years ago, My groom left me at the altar.

 

 

It was already past 6 but the rain won't stop. Ga-in was now actually getting worried on how she will continue her story. But, she noticed that Kwon was looking like he's uncomfortable at his seat. “Yah, are you okay?

Kwon smiled weakly and nodded. “So noona.” he tried to continue their conversation. “What happened next?

He still wants me to continue? Ga-in thought. “Well. Jea unnie was reluctant to tell me the continuation of the story, so I made Narsha unnie tell me the next part of the story.

 

-FLASHBACK; October 17, 2011-

Ga-in was standing in the middle of the aisle, all eyes on her. She felt confused, angry, embarrassed and betrayed. She doesn't want to cry, but her tears betrayed her as well. “Ga-in ah, are you okay?” that sentence was the only thing that she can hear right now. She wanted to nod her head and smile and tell those who were around her that she's fine. But her body doesn't obey her. She shook her head and cried harder.

She saw through her peripheral that Jinwoon and Seulong sprinted to find Kwon. Changmin stayed behind and tried to comfort her. Her three unnies were there as well. “Ga-in ah.” Changmin started but Narsha stopped him from talking. 

“Changmin, please help your two friends to find Kwon. I think they need you. We'll stay by her side.” she smiled at Changmin. He nodded and ran outside to help his dongsaengs. Miryo and Jea were now apologizing to the guests for the inconveniece that just happened.

 

“Gainnie, please say something.” Jea pleaded when the four of them were the only ones left in the church. 

Ga-in looked at her unnies. Her eyes were so red that it made them want to cry for her. “Unnie.” she croaked. The three of them looked at her.

“I'll wait here. He'll be back.” she said, now trying to smile. The three of them shook their heads. “I'm fine. He'll be back. You three trust me right? Besides, it's still early. He's just... He just forgot something. That's all. You know that kid.” she tried to pass the tense atmosphere by making a little joke.

“Ga-in ah...” Jea started but Ga-in already moved forward and sat herself in front of the altar. 

“He'll be back. He promised.” she muttered.

 

It was already getting dark outside. Night time was rushing in. “Ga-in. Come on. Let's go home.” Miryo was now the one who stepped forward and talked to the maknae. But Ga-in still won't respond.

“It's getting late.” Jea commented. This time, Ga-in stood up.

And ran away.

She just ran aimlessly at the streets. Not bothering to say sorry to the people who she bumps into. Her unnies were behind her. “GA-IN AH! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?” They shouted.

 

“AH! I QUIT!” Ga-in shouted, tears streaming down her face again. She crossed the intersection, not bothering to look if cars were approaching. An upcoming car was fast approaching her when she was in the middle of crossing the intersection....

 

GA-IN AH!!”

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

 

“That's my story.” she finished. Kwon was frozen in his seat. He did not know how to react to her story. 

So... I was the one who gave her amnesia.

Kwon looked at her. He wanted to hug her at that moment, tell her he's sorry for everything. “Noona, did you ever wonder what could be his reason why he did that?” he suddenly said.

What are you doing now, Kwon. Ga-in thought. “Maybe, because... he doesn't really love me?” she said, unsure.

Kwon sighed and looked at her seriously. “Noona, but what if the reason that he did that was for your own good? I mean he did love you. I mean, he really, really loves you. That's why he asked for your hand in marriage right? But..

“But what?” she raised her eyebrow at him. Jo Kwon, are you trying to explain yourself now?

“But what if he realized that he was rushing things? He realized that this was not yet his time. Maybe that's the reason why he suddenly ran away.” he said to her.

Ga-in smiled bitterly. “Tch. That's a lame excuse to run away from a wedding. I can understand that's he's scared. But did it ever cross his mind that I, the bride was scared as well?” she sighed. Then she said something that took Kwon by surprise.

“To be honest, I don't think I can forgive that person. If I ever see or meet him again. He's lucky I can't remember him, but if I do.. Then I won't forgive him for what he did.

 

Kwon was close to tears, but he held it back. No, Jo Kwon. Not now. He chuckled and smiled at her. “Well noona, he's a big jerk.” he looked away. “He's a big jerk and a fool for letting you go. If I ever meet him, I think I'd punch him in the face!” Kwon tried to lighten up the mood.

Ga-in just stared at him bitterly. Usually, she knows what the kid beside her was thinking. She can read his mind. But now, she's not sure what's in his head. She's curious with what he was thinking. Ga-in was about to speak when suddely, Kwon stood up.

 

“Noona, I think the rain stopped. Let's go!

 

 

After giving Ga-in a ride back to the studio, he went home. When he reached his house, he found himself crying. Kwon did not know why, but he just cried. And cried until he can't cry anymore.

He was sorry for everything. Sorry that he left her hanging at the altar, sorry for being the reason why she couldn't remember her memories, sorry that they even met in the first place. When he was calm enough, he took out his hand phone and texted Jinwoon.

 

To: Jinwoonie; 10:11pm

 Jung Jinwoon. Are you still awake?

 

He prayed that Jinwoon was still awake. He needed someone to talk to. After a few minutes, his phone lit up.

 

From: Jinwoonie; 10:14pm

   What's up hyung?

To: Jinwoonie; 10:16pm

 Jinwoon-ah. I now know the reason how Ga-in noona got her amnesia.

From: Jinwoonie; 10:17pm

  Really? How?

To: Jinwoonie; 10:19pm

  It's because of me. She got hit by a car after I left her at the altar.

From: Jinwoonie; 10:22pm

  Hyung........... I'm sorry.

 

Kwon chuckled at Jinwoon's reply. “What's he sorry for.

 

To: Jinwoonie; 10:25pm

  Yah you brat. What are you sorry for? You're weird.

From: Jinwoonie; 10:27pm

  Ah hyung! I don't know what to say so I said I'm sorry. Anyway, what wll you do now? Will you still do what you told us the other day?

 

It's still worth a shot.  Kwon thought. He smiled and replied to Jinwoon's message.

 

To: Jinwoonie; 10:32pm

  Yes. You know me, Jinwoon.

 I can wait until she starts to fall for me again.

 

 

———

a/n:

Woah. Long chapter alert. So, we got to see Ga-in's side of the wedding incident two years ago. But, something's not right. I wonder what that could be. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

I promise you guys, even if school starts, I'll still update. It may be a bit slow, but I'll continue writing. :D

To my subscribers and to my silent readers: 사랑해요!  하트하트 <3 진짜 고마워! 

Till the next chapter~ :D