Like A Fool, I Didn't Know

Start Over

 

 

From: Kiddie Boyfriend <3; 7:50 pm

     Noona, are you busy? If you're not, then can you please come to Lotte Hotel here in Jung-gu. I'll be waiting for you here at Hall #8 at the first floor.

 

 

Ga-in showed Jea the message that Kwon had sent earlier. It was already 8 in the evening and Ga-in is still not moving.

“Why are you showing this to me again, Ga-in ah?” Jea asked, her face full of confusion.

“Unnie.” Ga-in said in a weak voice. “Can't you see this? His message is weird! It's like he became... Cold. No. Unnie, his voice in the message sounded cold.”

Jea laughed a little. “Ga-in ah, can you hear yourself right now? What do you mean his voice is cold in the message?” She sat down beside Ga-in. “I'm confused.”

“Unnie. This is weird. There's no emoticon or even that damn three lettered words.” Ga-in explained. “It's just... Weird. Like something is wrong with him.”

“Then why don't you go now and talk to him? Yah, look. Kwonnie said that he'll be waiting.” Jea pointed out to her. “If you don't move now, he might end up sleeping in the hall.”

But a feeling is making Ga-in hesitant to leave the studio. She felt that if she leaves, then something bad will happen. “Unnie, do you really think that I need to go? Can't I just ask him to meet me here?”

Jea shrugged. “It's up to you. That's your boyfriend.”

She was still having the uneasy feeling. “Unnie, can you drop me off there? I don't think I can drive myself there.” Jea nodded. She asked Ga-in to wait for her at her car while she locked up the studio. Ga-in obeyed and walked to Jea's car.

“Yah. What about your car? And who will drop you home?” Jea asked her as she approached Ga-in.

“Kwonnie will drive me home. Don't worry. I'll just get the car tomorrow.” Ga-in said, with an uneasy voice.

 

She was really feeling uneasy as Jea drove her to the hotel. Ga-in felt that something terrible is about to happen as soon as she reaches her destination.

 

 

 

“Yah. Ga-in ah. Aren't you getting out?”

 

Jea asked her maknae for the fifth time. She noticed that Ga-in was in deep thought throughout the trip. She did not dare ask her if something's wrong or even talk to her.

“Unnie.” Ga-in said, her voice weak. “Unnie. I don't know. I'm really scared to go out. I think something will happen once I step out of this car.”

Jea looked at Ga-in, confused but concerned. “Aigoo. Ga-inie. Why are you scared? You're going to Jo Kwon for goodness sake! Get back to your senses.” She lightly tapped her head.

Ga-in can't help but smile at Jea's concern for her. “Thank you, Jea unnie.” She smiled at her and opened the door. “I'll call you if I need anything. Drive safely!” She got out of the car and waved at Jea. Jea waved back at her and started to drive off home.

Ga-in sighed and started to walk to the entrance of the hotel. It was already 8:45 pm when she looked at the front lobby's clock. I wonder if Kwonnie is still waiting. She asked the receptionist about hall number 8. The receptionist pointed out the directions to her. Ga-in thanked her and went off to the hall to see Kwon.

 

 

When she arrived at the hall, all the lights were off. She smirked. So he's doing a surprise huh.

 

“Kwon-ah? Are you here?

 

Suddenly, all the lights in the hall lit up, as if her voice was the switch of the light. She scanned the hall, which was arranged like some couple was about to have their wedding reception and familiarity crept up inside of her. “This scene looks familiar...” She muttered.

 

 

“Noona, this looks familiar, right?

 

 

Jo Kwon spoke, his voice boomed in the hall. Ga-in saw him sitting at the center of the stage, with a bottle of soju on his right hand and dozens of empty bottles lying around him. She wondered if he was drinking the whole time that he was waiting for her. “Yah Jo Kwon have you been drinking?” She was about to scold him when he suddenly spoke again.

 

 

“Noona, answer my question. This looks familiar, right?

 

 

Ga-in felt that his tone was harsh and cold, just like his previous message to her. What the hell is going on. “Kwon-ah. Yeobo.” She said as she slowly approached him. “I think you're a little bit drunk. Let's get you home.” Ga-in was now inches away from Kwon, who's head was bowed down.

“K– Kwon-ah? Y– Yeobo?” She said as she touched his shoulder. “Are you okay? Yah. You kid. You have been drinking a lot.” Ga-in pointed at the bottles that were around him. “Come one. Let's go home.” She was now getting his things that were scattered below the stage.

 

 

“I believed in you, noona.

 

 

Kwon spoke again. Ga-in looked at him, confused. His head was still bowed down but she heard him loud and clear. She was going to say something when he suddenly spoke again. “Noona, please answer me this time.” He said. “This place looks familiar, right?

Ga-in stared at him. Yes, the place looks familiar because this was the place that they first met. How could she not forget this place. But then again, she remembered that she has amnesia so... 

 

“No.

 

Jo Kwon chuckled. It was not a light or a happy chuckle but a dark one... almost mocking Ga-in. “Noona, you're lying.” He raised his head up to look at her. Ga-in was shocked. She saw that his eyes were red and almost puffy, as if he was crying the whole time that he was here.

“Noona, you're lying. Stop playing games with me anymore.” He stared down at Ga-in with cold eyes. “I know everything.

Ga-in was confused. She has no idea what's going on or what is running in Kwon's mind. “What are you talking about?” Again, she receive a dark chuckle from Jo Kwon. She was seriously getting irritated with him. “Yah Jo Kwon if you're just going to laugh at me or say silly things then I should just go.” She placed his things beside him, turned around and was about to storm out when he suddenly spoke again.

 

 

“I know you don't have amnesia.

 

 

Ga-in stopped. Her eyes wide in horror. She dreaded to turn around to face him but she has to. Ga-in sighed and faced Jo Kwon, who was looking at her with sad eyes. “I know you remember me noona. So stop pretending.” He said, on the verge of tears again.

This is Ga-in's worst fear... Well besides high places, this was Ga-in's fear. That her secret would be exposed to Kwon. “Who told you that?” But she was still firm in pretending until she knows who told him. If it's one of her unnies then... No. The unnies would never do that.

“Noona, does it really matter if I tell you who told me? The point here is, you lied.” Kwon said, now standing up.

 

 

“I know everything, Ga-in noona. What I don't know is why.

 

 

“Why did you lie to me noona?

 

Kwon asked the frozen Ga-in. She was just looking at him, with her poker and chic expression on. Kwon can't help but feel irritated. Everything is a blur to him right now. He doesn't know what to believe in anymore. He wanted answers.

“Noona, answer me.” He said to Ga-in, his voice with pure coldness. “You remember everything from the very start, right? You remember me.

Ga-in sighed. “Kwon-ah. I think you're just really drunk right now.” She approached him again, trying to avoid the situation. “Let's go. Noona witll take you home.

“No.” He looked at her seriously. “I won't go home unless you answer me.

 

“Ga-in noona, you remember me, right?

 

There was no point of playing around or pretending, Ga-in's brain argued with her. Son Ga-in it's time to be clean. That is Jo Kwon. She sighed and nodded in response.

Kwon looked at her, about to cry again. “You remember this place, right?” Again, Ga-in nodded. 

 

“Noona, you don't have amnesia, right?” Jo Kwon asked, hoping that Ga-in will shake her head. Hoping that this was all just a big joke or a dream. But he knew what her answer would be.

 

She nodded.

 

Kwon stood up from the stage. He wobbled a bit because he had been drinking ever since he knew about Ga-in's show. Tears started to form in his eyes again. “Why?” He croaked. Jo Kwon needed to know why he was being played this whole time.

“Why?” Ga-in said, looking at him with much concern but her voice was sharp as a knife.

 

 

“I wanted to forget you, that's why. I want to forget you because you left me without a word! When I was admitted in the hospital after my accident, I really wished that I was diagnosed with amnesia. Jo Kwon, you idiot. You don't know how much I cried after the day you left me.” Ga-in was fighting the urge to cry. She was strong. She can still fight her tears. “The unnies said that I was like a zombie for a month after our wedding. I tried to think of reasons why you left me there, but I couldn't. That's why after a month of moping around, I decided to forget about you by going away for a while.

“Everything was fine when I went away. I met new people, I concentrated on my photography. And then the unnies needed me, so I went back to them. And then one day, you... You. You appeared again.

“To be honest, when you and Jinwoon and Seulong talked to me on the day that I saw you three at the mart, I was shocked. I never thought that I would run into you again. I hurriedly made up the amnesia story, hoping that you would leave me alone. But, I guess that didn't work.

“You chased me again. Just like the last time. I told myself that I wouldn't fall because you might hurt me again but I failed.” She chuckled. “Kwon-ah. I said to myself that I would forget what happened two years ago because this, what we have now... I know it's real.

 

 

Jo Kwon suddenly spoke. “This is not real.

 

 

Ga-in looked at him. He bowed his head down again, obviously hiding from her his tears. “A relationship is not real when someone is lying.

“Noona, if the reason for you lying to me is because I suddenly left you two years ago, then I can't accept that reason.

 

“I would've been okay if you slapped me or cursed me or even drove me away... But this.... This....” Kwon was now sobbing. Ga-in stood by her position. She thought that if she moved, then Kwon may run away. She seriously just wants to hug him right now and tell him that it's okay. That she is sorry for everything.

 

 

“Noona, you made me look like a fool.

 

 

Kwon was crying his eyes out. “What you did is just too much. Noona, you deceived me. I feel that everything that has happened to us now is all lies. I don't know what to believe in anymore.

“You should've just told me that when I ran into you at the mart.” Kwon said. “You should've just told me "Oh. I remember you. And I despise you. Stay away from me." Noona I would've accepted that.

“But no. You did something much worse. You lied and played with me. You played with my feelings.

Ga-in was fighting her tears. “Kwon-ah. I'm sorry. I'm really really sorry. But, I did not play with you! I was really sincere with my feelings and up until now I am!

 

 

“Yeo– No. Noona.” Jo Kwon went down the stage and approached Ga-in, who was still frozen in her position. I love you. So much. I really do.” He placed his right hand on his pocket to bring out a small box. With shaking hands, he gave the box to Ga-in.

“Kwon-ah...” Ga-in said with a small voice.

 

 

He looked at her one last time before sprinting out of the hall with tears in his eyes.

 

 

Ga-in stood there, tears forming in her eyes. This is deja vu all over again.

 

 

 

But this time, she knows the reason why he ran away.

 

 

Seulong, Jinwoon and Changmin arrived at the Lotte Hotel at around 10 in the evening. They ran inside.

Jinwoon hurriedly asked the receptionist. “Excuse me.” He panted. “Is something like a room or a function hall reserved under the name of Jo Kwon or Son Ga-in?

The receptionist nodded and pointed out that Hall #8 is reserved under the name of Jo Kwon. Jinwoon thanked her and sprinted like mad to Hall#8. Seulong and Changmin followed their maknae. 

 

Ga-in ah!

 

Seulong was the first one to approached Ga-in, who was sitting on the spot that Kwon was earlier, staring far out. There were tears in her eyes. “Yah. Are you okay?” Seulong asked her. Changmin and Jinwoon approached the two of them slowly.

Tears started to form again on Ga-in's eyes. Seulong was taken back. “Y— Yah! Son Ga-in. Why... Ah Stop crying~” He looked at Jinwoon and Changmin, pleading for help because he is not good at comforting Ga-in. Changmin sighed and held Ga-in. She cried hard in Changmin's shoulders.

“Noona~” Jinwoon said, his voice full of concern. Seulong was seriously scanning the area. He noticed that there were bottles of soju scattered on the stage. 

“Ga-in ah. Have you been drinking?” Seulong said, looking at her. She raised her head to look at Seulong and shook her head.

“Kwonnie was the one who drank those.” She replied with a weak voice.

Jinwoon, Seulong and Changmin's eyes widened. “Noona. Do you know where Kwonnie hyung is right now?” Jinwoon asked her. 

 

“He left.” She straightened herself and held the small box that Kwon gave to her before he ran. She slowly opened the box to see what's inside.

Jinwoon, Seulong and Changmin recognized the two thin-silver rings with a little diamond placed on the center of it.

Ga-in clasped her hands to and felt tears coming again.

 

 

 

Jo Kwon gave her the couple ring that he had promised her days ago. 

 

 

Kwon was driving around the streets of Seoul, crying. Everything is a blur to him, to be honest. A part of him wanted to go back and apologize to Ga-in. 

But a part of him just wanted to stop the time and wait until all the pain go away. Kwon felt betrayed. He felt like he was punched in the heart. “What did I do to deserve this.” He croaked. He doesn't know who to trust anymore.

Kwon looked sideways to grab the bottle of soju that he bought earlier. He lost count of how many he had already consumed. He hoped that by consming so many alcohol tonight, then maybe, just maybe he would forget about Ga-in.

When he turned his head to face the road, a light was suddenly flashing into his direction. Kwon was surprised and tried to avoid the incoming truck.

 

But he was unsuccessful.

 

 

 

The last thing that flashed in Jo Kwon's mind was Ga-in's smile.

 

 

a/n:

OMG THIS IS A SUPER LONG CHAPTER. Damn. I didn't want to miss out any small details. I don't know. I felt like crying while writing this one. :-(

How did Kwon knew about Ga-in's fake amnesia? Well, as you all know, Minyoung told him. But I'll narrate the "how" part in the next chapter.

Hmm.. I think I need to extend this. I mean, I can't end this in 40 chapters. There's just so much going on. LOL. But yeah, just like what I said, this fic is about to end.

So, to my new subs, old subs and silent readers: HIHI. Hello! And thank you. :D

Comments are appreciated. I kind of get ideas from your comments so. Yeah. :D Till the next update~