What Weddings Mean

Start Over

"YAH! JUNG! JIN! WOON! What the hell was that all about?!" Kwon shouted at Jinwoon when the meeting ended. He started to slap him at his arm. "What the hell were you thinking? DO YOU WANT TO DIE?!"

Jinwoon just laughed at his hyung. "Hyung, if your trying to kill me with your slaps, I don't think it's going to work. Although you might get a sore arm if you continue that." 

"Shut up! What was with you making me say what I just said in the meeting? Do you think that was funny? No it wasn't. You know I don't like to talk about those kinds of things. Now they think their boss is a pathetic loser who once believed in love and whose heart is close forever..." Kwon continued to nag Jinwoon like he usually does when he's irritated.

Jinwoon just looked at him and said "Hyung! Stop. Are you even listening to what you're saying right now? Why are you blaming me when you're the one who brought the topic in the first place."

Kwon suddenly stopped talking. Oh right. I was the one who said that. He stared at the wall for a minute befroe blurting out, "Sorry."

"Aigoo~ Our Kwonnie is sorry. If you truly are sorry to me, then you should treat me out for lunch." Jinwoon smiled while putting his arm on Kwon's shoulder.

"Yah, who are you to call me Kwonnie? Where's your manners?" Kwon interjected but laughed with Jinwoon as they exited the building for lunch.

 

As soon as they reached the fast food chain where they usually eat, a text message came from Seulong.

 

From: OngSeulee Hyung; 12:10pm

Yah, where are you?

 

"This person. Not even saying Hi... Just getting straight to the point." Kwon murmured under his breath.

Jinwoon noticed his hyung's expression. "Who texted?"

"Seulong Hyung. He's asking me where I am right now." Kwon said, pouting his lips while replying to his hyung's message.

 

To: OngSeulee Hyung; 12:13pm

Eating lunch at the usual. Why?

From: OngSeulee Hyung; 12:15pm

Yah, where's your manners? I'm your hyung remember? Anyway, you didn't forget about us four being invited to my friend's wedding right?

To: OngSeulee Hyung; 12:18pm

That's today HYUNG?!

 

Kwon emphasized the word "hyung" at his reply because he's irritated with the way Seulong texts. "Jinwoon-ah, is it friday today?"

"Mm. Why hyung?" Jinwoon said while drinking.

"Well. Seulong hyung just reminded us about the wedding that we're invited. His friend's wedding." Kwon stated in-a-matter-of-fact tone.

"Really? Why didn't I remember that?" Jinwoon replied in an i-don't-give-a-damn tone.

 

From: OngSeulee Hyung; 12:21pm

What is up with the all caps "HYUNG?"?! Anyway, yes. I hope you and Jinwoon didn't forget about it. Do any of you guys need a ride in going there?

 

"Jinwoon, do you need a ride in going to the wedding later?" Kwon asked.

"Eh. Nope. Just tell hyung to send me the directions. I can manage."

"Really? The last time you told me that we had to pick you up..." Kwon started to but he got slapped before he can finish his sentence. "Yah! Do you want to die?"

 

To: OngSeulee Hyung; 12:27pm

Nope. We can manage. Jinwoonie told me that you can just send him the directions and "he'll manage" to go there. But hyung, I advise you to just pick him up later.

From: OngSeulee Hyung; 12:30pm

Alright. But don't tell him. I want to suprise the little brat.

 

Kwon just smiled at his hyung's reply. "Are you done? I need to finish my work so that I can go home early to prepare. You should do that too." he said to Jinwoon.

"Mm. Let's go back." Jinwoon stood up first.

 

As they were heading back, Jinwoon suddenly asked Kwon. "Hyung, why did you open the meeting with the soulmate question a while ago?"

"I don't know. I just... It just came out of my mouth." he replied plainly.

Jinwoon looked confused at his hyung's answer but decided not to ask any other questions to bother him. "Hyung, call me later when you get to the wedding. I have a hunch that you'll arrive first. Bye! See you later!" he said while running towards his office.

Kwon smiled at him and went inside his office. But he did not do any work when he came inside. He just sat there, looking at the calendar... October 17. 

 

The day he ran away from his own wedding.

 

-FLASHBACK; October 17, 2011 -

"Hyung, are you shaking? Don't be nervous. Everything will be fine." Jinwoon patted his shoulder.

Seulong kept on waving his hand back and forth in front of Kwon. "Yah Kwon-ah, focus alright? This is just jitters you're feeling. Don't look like that!"

"You know we're just here by your side the whole time. Well, technically I'll be on the bride's side because it's too crampy on your side." Changmin tried to lighten the mood up by his small joke.

But Kwon wasn't listening to them. He was standing there, looking paler than usual. His hands were shaking. He felt nervous. Sure, he thought. This is normal. I'm getting married. This is what guys feel before they get married. But, why do I feel like I'm doing something wrong here.

He started to think some chants to calm himself down.

Someone peeked throught their door and Seulong got up and talked to him. "Kwon, it's time."

Kwon snapped from his trance and stood up from his seat. But he still can't shake the thought of him doing something wrong today.

 

He stood near the altar, with Jinwoon and Seulong on his side and Changmin across him. Changmin mouthed the words "Fighting!" to him. He just smiled at his hyung trying to cheer him on.

 

Music started to play from the choir and everyong got up. Doors of the church open and the wedding march started. Everyone looked at the people who were walking down the aisle except for Kwon. He kept his eyes locked at the altar. He was scared to look at the people who were entering. Jinwoon noticed this and nudged him by the elbow. "Hyung, I don't care if you didn't look at the others walking. But please look at the aisle now. She's about to enter."

Kwon sighed and shifted his eyes at the door. What he saw at the opening made his eyes go wide in shock.

 

A beautiful, petite girl was standing there, ready to walk down. She was wearing a beautiful wedding dress that absolutely fits her style. She was smiling from ear to ear. People were whispering on how pretty and beutiful the bride is. Kwon just kept staring at her, thoughts rushing in his head.

 

Halfway through the bride's march, Kwon started to walk towards the aisle. 

 

Everyone was cheering. They thought Kwon was impatient and decided to walk the bride himself up to the altar. But everyone was wrong.

 

Kwon walked, then ran up to the door... Leaving the wedding.... His own wedding. Never looking back.

 

The bride just stood at the middle of the aisle, shocked at what just happened.

 

Everyone was shocked. People were now whispering about the groom being scared and having second thoughts. Jinwoon and Seulong ran after Kwon while Changmin ran to the bride, asking her if she was okay. The bride's friends also ran up to her, saying comforting words and asking how she is feeling.

 

The bride was just staring at the altar, loss for words, and she started to cry.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

He just sighed and started to finish his work. After finishing his work, he went to the parking lot, started his car and went home to get ready for the wedding that the four of them will attend to.

 

 


A/N:

Second chapter is up! Just a flashback of what happened at Kwon's wedding. Why did he leave his bride. Why Kwon, why? :(

Anyway, I'll be working on chapter 3. 

Thanks for reading this guys!