On A Scale Of One To Ten

Start Over

To: Jinwoonie; 5:45pm

  Where are you? Did you not ride with Seulong hyung?

 

Kwon sent Jinwoon a message. Apparently, he was the first one among the four of them to arrive at the venue. After texting Jinwoon, he then texted Changmin.

 

To: Changminnie Hyung; 5:50pm

     Hyung, are you already here at the venue? Please say yes.

 

Kwon was actually getting uncomfortable because he didn't know the guests. He only knew the bride, because the bride was Seulong's long time crush.

 

From: Changminnie Hyung; 5:52pm

        I just arrived. Where are you?

To: Changminnie Hyung; 5:55pm

   I'm near the door. Kind of seated at the last pew.

 

Kwon sighed a relief when he saw Changmin approaching. "Hyung, why were you late?" he blurted out.

"Yah, the wedding starts at 6:15. There's still 15minutes left. Why are you like that." Changmin replied, sitting next to him. "Where are the other kids?"

"I texted Jinwoon. He's not yet... Oh wait." Kwon checked his phone and saw that Jinwoon and Seulong both texted him.

 

From: Jinwoonie; 5:57pm

       Hyung, where are you? Me and Seulong hyung are here. Oh wait, now Seulong hyung left me. Where are youuuuuuu?

From: OngSeulee Hyung; 5:59pm

        Kwonnie, I left Jinwoon at the parking lot. I want to see Min Ah before she... You know. Tell him where you are seated. I'll just find you three later.

 

"Tsk. Im Seulong, you bad hyung." Kwon muttered. "Hyung, Jinwoon is in the parking lot. Do you want to fetch him?"

"Eh. Just tell the brat to go here. He can find us." Changmin said, not wanting to stand up.

 

To: Jinwoonie; 6:03pm

    Jinwoon-ah. Me and Changmin hyung are by the door. We are seated at the last pew. You can easily spot us. Just go in already.

 

A few minutes later, Jinwoon entered and spotted his two hyungs. "Ugh. Hyung. I will kill Seulong hyung when I see him later. Making me look like a lost child in the middle of the parking lot."

"As if you can kill your hyung." Changmin laughed at the youngest one. However, Kwon was just sitting quietly, not minding his two friends talk. Minutes before the wedding started, Seulong slapped Kwon in the head. "Yah, what is up with you being gloomy?"

"Who said I was gloomy? Aren't you the one who's suppose to be gloomy? Look, your long time crush is getting married." Kwon said while massaging his head.

"Haha! Kwon hyung is right. You've been friendzoned Seulong hyung!" Jinwoon teased.

"Shut up." Seulong muttered. "You two are dead to me later at the reception."

"Come on guys. Let's keep quiet and watch the wedding." Changmin said to the three.

 

 

After the wedding, they headed to a five star hotel where the reception was held. They ate their hearts out because it was a buffet, plus they were really starving just by watching the wedding. A few moments after, the program started.

 

"Hyung, why did you not confess to Min Ah noona?" Jinwoon suddenly asked. The two looked at Seulong, for they too do not know why Seulong held back his feelings.

Seulong ate a mouthful of rice before replying to his dongsaeng's question. "Because it wouldn't work out on her side. Even though I really want to be his boyfriend, she wouldn't accept me. She only sees me as a close friend... A brother. And I'm kind of okay with that. Besides, she said it herself that she doesn't like guys who has many female fans. And as you all know, girls are lining up to be my girlfriend." he smirked. "So, yeah. I'm alright being her brother. I'll find someone someday. Like Kwonnie did." he smiled at Kwon who scowled at him. "Hyung, are you making fun of me?" he said.

"What? No. I was being sincere. Hey, let's play a game. Rate the girl that I point game!" Seulong said happily. The two sighed while Kwon was not paying attention.

"Yah, Kwon ah. I think it's time for you to go on girl hunting again. How about that one?" Seulong pointed at a girl with long hair across their table.

"Three." he said flatly. 

Seulong pouted. "Three? Really? Guys help me out here." he pleaded the two.

"Okay, Kwonnie. How about that one?" Changmin suddenly tapped him and pointed at a girl dancing with a little kid. "She's cute right?"

Kwon glanced at the girl and replied to his hyung. "Two."

"Seriously, Kwon? Is your standard so high now?" Seulong laughed.

"Hyung! Hyung! How about her?" Jinwoon said excitedly. The girl he was pointing at was the bride's maid of honor.

".... Five. But Jinwoon, she's taken." He pointed at the man standing next to her, holding her hand.

Jinwoon lost his smile. "Aww. I thought that was just her brother. But hey, at least Kwon hyung said five, that's high right?" he laughed.

The three of them laughed. Kwon can't help but smile at his friends having fun teasing him. True, his standards were now high because of her. 

"But guys, do you remember Kwonnie's past? He has like, three right?" Seulong started the teasing again.

"Yah, what's with you guys digging up my past?" Kwon pouted at his friends.

Changmin laughed at Seulong. "Right! First was the school teacher who treated him like a little kid."

"Mm! Second was the stewardess that was always away. What happened to her anyway hyung?" Jinwoon asked.

"I don't know." Kwon replied. "Guys, stop it. Really." he pleaded.

Seulong grinned at Kwon. "Last was the girl at the gym. Kwon can't keep up with her. She's too competitive." They all laughed.

Kwon sighed. They are dead to me. Someday, I'll have my revenge. He thought. Suddenly, Jinwoon spoke again.

 

"But, there was one who Kwonnie hyung really liked. They were a match made in heaven. Right Kwonnie hyung?" Jinwoon said innocently.

 

Memories started to flood through his mind again. Her. 

 

 

-FLASHBACK; September 20, 2009-

"Guys. I found a gig. We get to sing in a wedding!" Seulong said happily. The three of them sighed.

"But hyung, we just sing for fun. What if we make a fool of ourselves at that wedding?" Jinwoon said, hoping that Seulong was just joking.

He showed them the invitation. "It's my cousin's wedding. And they expect me to be there. Plus, they're going to pay us. Come on. Let's just do this once. Pleeeeaaseee?" Seulong pleaded his friends.

"I don't mind. It's been a while since I sang anyway. Right, Kwon?" Changmin said. Kwon just nodded since he knew he can't get out of this one.

Seulong jumped in joy. "Yay! Three against One. Majority wins! You lose Jinwoonie!" he stuck his tongue out to the maknae.

 

The wedding day finally came. They were suppose to sing during the wedding and at the reception. Jinwoon was the only one who was nervous.

"Hyung, can I back out? I think I'm going to be sick." He pleaded.

Changmin rubbed his back. "Come on, Jinwoon. Man up. Just do what we did during practice."

 

The wedding started and the four sang for the bride and groom. People were cheering and clapping for them. After the wedding, they all went to a hotel for the reception. They got up the stage as soon as they were done eating, for the have to sing another song for the newlyweds.

 

"Hello everyone! How are you all feeling tonight?" Kwon spoke through the microphone, being a born leader that he is. "We are here again to serenade the newlyweds, Jun Su-sshi and Hye Jung-sshi. Congratulations on your marriage!" The four of them smiled and bowed politely. 

"We are now going to sing everyone's favorite wedding song, Proposal by Noel. Please enjoy our performance." Kwon said while laughing. The guests and spectators laughed with them as well.

They started to sing and people are now enticed at their performance. Kwon was all smiles, but something... No. Someone caught his eye.

 

As he was singing his lines, his eyes never left the photographer in-charge of the event. He followed her every table she went. His snapped back to reality when they finished their performance. When they went down the stage, he suddenly pulled Seulong and whispered, "Hyung, who is the photographer taking the pictures today?"

"Hmm. Mr. Lee Min Soo?" he said, unsure of his answer.

"No. Do you even know that the photographer of this wedding is a girl." Kwon pointed out to his hyung.

"Ah. I don't  know. I'm hungry again." Seulong said grumpily, going back to the buffet table.

Kwon pouted. He thought his hyung might know her name. "I guess I have to do this on my own."

 

He mustered all of his courage and started to walk towards the photographer.

 

 

Little did he know that the minute he started to walk towards her, their story was about to begin.


A/N:

 

Okay, so the flashback is still not done. This is a sort of loooong flashback. And wow that was a pretty long chapter.

I'll continue the flashback at the next chapter. Might post it as soon as it's done because I'll start my driver's education this week. :|

Thanks for still reading this guys! :D