I Was Wrong

Start Over

 

 

“YAH! YOU FART FACE. STOP CRYING!!

 

30 minutes have passed since they were alone and Kwon is still crying at Ga-in's shoulder. “Yaah~ You're making me guilty here. Stop it you kid.

 

“Yeo– Hic! Yeo– Hic! Bo~” Kwon tried to say yeobo, but ended up hiccuping every time he speaks. “I'm– Hic! So– Hic! So– Hic! Rry! Hic!

 

“You already said sorry ten times.” She said, patting his shoulders. “Stop crying.

Kwon finally raised his head up and wiped his tears. He can't help but laugh a little when he saw Ga-in's weird expression. “Noona, why are you looking like that?

Ga-in just shook her head. She took her handkerchief out and shoved it in Kwon's face. “Wipe yourself, you big baby.” Kwon took the handkerchief and wiped his face.

“Wow. I didn't even realize that I was crying.” His remark made Ga-in stifle a laugh. “Ah why yeobo?

“Nothing.” Ga-in said, still trying to hide her amusement at the situation. “Anyway.” She stood up. “Seulong and Jinwoon went out to buy food. I think they'll be back soon. If they're buying raw ingredients then I should prepare the kitchen.” Ga-in turned her back to Kwon to go to his kitchen.

 

“Noona, can we talk?

 

She stopped her tracks when Kwon spoke. “About what?

Ga-in was surprised when she felt Kwon spun her around. “Noona~ Let's just talk. Please.” But Ga-in was not answering. She refuses to answer back. “If you don't, I'll start crying again.” Kwon threatened her.

“Then cry you kid.” Ga-in replied, her voice not amused.

“Noona. Ah. No. Yeobo.” Kwon made his voice a bit stronger, making Ga-in surprised. 

“Just listen to me. If you don't like my explanation, then you can leave.” He bargained with Ga-in. “I'll tell Seulong hyung and Jinwoonie to go home if you decide to leave after my explanation.” Kwon could not hide the hint of pain in his voice, making Ga-in look away from him.

After two minutes, she quietly nodded. Kwon took her hand and led her back to his couch. He sighed and gulped. “Well, you know the news that's been going around, right?” He asked, looking at Ga-in for a response. She just quietly nodded.

“You know me noona” Kwon started but stopped midway, remembering that Ga-in has amnesia and she probably doesn't remember his weird habit. “Ah. Wait. Again.” He shook his head. Little did he know that Ga-in guessed that he would say his habit of not looking in newspapers or internet articles.

“Noona, you see. I don't really look at newspapers or articles unless someone shoves it in my face.” Bingo. Ga-in thought.

“So, I had no idea about the scandal. Seulong hyung just told me that. And then Changmin hyung and Jinwoon reminded me about it as well since I really don't believe in those things.” He sighed. “Honestly, I fought with them because they were not helping me. I really wanted to talk to you but they won't let me. The noonas were not helping too so I'm a little frustreated at them.

“I did all that I could to clear my name to the reporters but not one of them wants to erase the articles. They say that the more I try to deny it, the more it seems like its real. And this is the first dirt that they got from me so I guess it will take a while before it dies down.” Kwon bowed apologetically to her. “Noona, that's why I'm sorry.

“I'm sorry if you have to go through this. I should have know that the little skinship with Minyoung would lead to this.” He was holding back his tears again. “I know that it's not my fault but I feel like it is and I'm really sorry. I don't know how you feel about this but I'm going to apologize every single time an article comes out.

His head was now bowed down. Ga-in guessed that he was trying hard to hold his tears back again. Kwon-ah. Stop crying. I believe you. She wanted to say those words to him but her lips won't move.

“Noona, I think an article was released earlier. Minyoung came over here. She actually wanted to meet me at a coffee shop but she suddenly decided to go her. Some reporters followed her and took snapshots. I'm really sorry.” She could sense sadness in his voice. “And, when she was here, I talked to her.

 

-FLASHBACK: 9:10am at Jo Kwon's living room-

Kwon closed the door and led Minyoung to the couch. “Ah. Do you want anything? I think I still have some snacks over at my fridge. Sorry, you know I can't really cook real food.” He smiled at her.

“I can cook if you want.” Minyoing volunteered. “Do you have any ingredients in your kitchen?”

“Hmm. I don't think so. Changmin hyung hasn't been here since last week so I wasn't able to ask him for some food.”

“Oh. I see.”

Then, the atmosphere became awkward. Neither of them did not know what to say. Jo Kwon decided that he should be the one to start the conversation. “Ah. Minyoung-ah.”

She turned her head at his direction. “Yes, oppa?”

“Do you know the– Er. Things that has been going around, right?” Minyoung nodded at him. “How do we stop it?”

Minyoung was silent for a minute. “Oppa, do we really need to stop those?”

Kwon was surprised with her answers. He was going to say something but she suddenly moved closer to him. “Oppa, what if I tell you that I don't want the articles to stop. What if I tell you that I won't do anything.”

“What– What are you saying?” Kwon backed away a few inches from her. “Minyoung-ah. Whatever you're planning–”

 

“Kwonnie oppa, I still like you!”

 

Jo Kwon was frozen in his spot. “Oppa. The reason why I came back wasn't just because I was bored in the US. But because I wanted to find you and I wanted to sort things out.”

“I thought things were the same. You didn't fall for someone. Seulong oppa, Changmin oppa and Jinwoon are still the same. But I was wrong.” Minyoung looked at Kwon's eyes. “You're now with someone.”

“But I don't care! I can treat you better than her!” Minyoung's voice was now going up. “Ga-in unnie. No. That Ga-in is just treating you like you're not special. She doesn't like you oppa! I do!”

Kwon just stared at Minyoung as she ranted out on him. She suddenly held his hand. “Oppa, break-up with her. Let's start things again. Let's start fresh. I'll forget that you dumped me.”

 

“Minyoung-ah.”

 

Minyoung heard Kwon spoke in a small voice. She stopped to hear his reply. “Minyoung. I'm sorry. I can't accept your feelings back.”

She felt her world crumble down. “W– Why?”

“Because, I love her. I love Son Ga-in with all my life. It would kill me if I'll leave her. I let her go once. This time, I'm not going to do that.” He slowly wriggled his hands off of Minyoung's. “I'm sorry. But even though that she won't love me as much as I love her, I would still stand by her side no matter what.”

“I hope you can understand.” Kwon ended. Minyoung was silent. She felt like crying, but she caught something in Kwon's speech that made her curious. 

She smiled at him. “It's okay. I knew it would be like this.” Minyoung stood up. “I just had to try to confess because maybe you had a change of heart because of the articles.” She laughed a little.

Then she extended her hand out to Kwon, who looked surprised. “Oppa, I won't try to grab you or anything. I'm calling a truce. Let's just be friends, okay?” Jo Kwon smiled, and shook her hand.

“Minyoung-ah. Thank you. And I'm sorry.”

 

After their talk, Minyoung waved goodbye to Kwon. She waited until his door closed before taking out her phone and calling someone. “You guys can come out now.”

Then, the reporter and his photographer that took their photos earlier came out from her car. “Did you take good shots?” They both nodded. “Good. 'Cause I want this to be out today. And I have something to investigate.” She smirked as she went to her car.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

Kwon's head was still down when he told her what happened earlier. Of course. That girl obviously showed interest in Kwon but this idiot didn't even notice it. Ga-in silently thought.

“Yeobo. Please say something.” Kwon said in a small voice. “I know that I was wrong to do that but still. I needed to talk to her. Please.” He was now pleading. “Say something.

Ga-in just looked at him. To be honest, she wanted to say a lot of things to him. Like to be angry at him for not noticing Minyoung's actions, to smack him in the head for being careless and to thank him for... Well everything. 

 

Instead of replying with words, she just kissed him on the lips.

 

 

“Aigoo. Yah Son Ga-in! You wouldn't believe what Jinwoon bought.” Seulong and Jinwoon opened the door, finished with their shopping. As they made their way inside, they can't help but laugh at what they saw.

 

Jo Kwon was sleeping again, his mouth a little but open. Next to him was Ga-in, who was sleeping as well, her head resting on Kwon's shoulder. Their hands were intertwined and was resting in Kwon's left leg.

 

“Hyung. Look.” Jinwoon tried to sound serious, but ended up laughing more loudly.

“Yah! Stop laughing. They might wake up and hear you.” Seulong said, smacking the maknae. Well done, Jo Kwon. You solved this one on your own. “Ah. I have an idea.” He said to Jinwoon. “Go sit over your Kwonnie hyung and poke him.

“Ah why me? You do it!” Jinwoon protested. Seulong shook his head and pushed the maknae to the couch. “Ah hyuuung~” He stomped his feet in a cute way, making Seulong laugh at him. Jinwoon sighed and did what his hyung ordered him. He poked Kwon in his right cheek repeatedly until he heard the loudest scream Jo Kwon could ever produce.

 

“YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

 

Seulong was laughing so hard that he fell down on the floor. Jinwoon, on the other hand was laughing as he ran away from Kwon. “Jung Jinwoon. I. Will. Kill. You.” Kwon said as he glared at Jinwoon.

“Yah. Kwon-ah.” Seulong said, smirking at him. “Did you sleep well?

Jo Kwon was confused with Seulong's question. “Huh? Why? Uhm– Yes?” But Seulong was still smirking at Kwon. “Ah why are you” Suddenly, he felt his left hand move by itself. He looked over and saw Ga-in, still sleeping. Kwon automatically smiled when he saw that Ga-in was sleeping peacefully. 

Of course, Seulong ruined Kwon's moment when he threw a pillow at her. “Yah Son Ga-in! Wake up! Time to cook!

“HYUNG! Why did you do that?” Kwon said to Seulong, who just laughed at him. He now felt Ga-in moving beside him. “Hyuuuung~ look what you did!

“Ah calm down Jo Kwon. It's not like I killed her or something.” Seulong stood up and sat beside Ga-in. He then started to shake her.“Son Ga-in wakey wakey. Seulongie is very hungry~” He kept on shaking her until she opened her eyes.

“What? Im Seulong what are you doing here?” She asked Seulong as she rubbed her eyes with her left hand. Ga-in was still not aware that her hand and Kwon's were still intertwined.

“Idiot. Me and Jinwoonie are done shopping and you have to cook.” Seulong said non-chalantly, ignoring Kwon's deadly glares. “And I see that you guys made up.” He was looking over their hands. Ga-in's eyes widened in embarrassment and suddenly let go of Kwon's hand.

“Yeobo! What are you doing?” Kwon said in a surprised voice. His two friends just laughed at him.

“Ah what? I'm going to cook you food, you idiot.” Ga-in said, her chic personality back again. “Tch. And you two should be thanking me.” She shot at the two giant men who are laughing at Kwon. She let out a sigh, grabbed the groceries and went to Kwon's kitchen.

When Ga-in was out of earshot, Seulong suddenly smacked Kwon's head. “Aigoo you kid. Do we still need to take care of you even though you're 24?

“What was that for?” Kwon protested. He was going to say something when Jinwoon suddenly smacked him as well. “And what was that for?!” He glared at Jinwoon.

“Hyung, that's for be careful next time.” Jinwoon said, poking his tongue out. Kwon smacked him in the head for revenge.

“I will be careful next time. And there will be no next time.” Jo Kwon said firmly. “I talked to Minyoung, and I settled things with her. In fact, here's what happened...” He started to tell his two friends the same story that he told Ga-in earlier.

 

 

“Ga-in ah! I want more meat!

 

The moment Kwon finished telling the story to his friends, Ga-in was also done cooking. The four of them were eating happily. Seulong kept on nagging Ga-in, which made her irritated.

“Hyung, stop ordering her around. Let Jinwoonie do it.” Kwon said to Seulong, who ignored him. “Jinwoon-ah. Go get more meat.” Kwon ordered the maknae, but Jinwoon ignored him. “Ah really, why are you guys like that~!” He said in frustration. 

Seulong swallowed his food before speaking to Kwon. “Why don't you do it then.” He passed the plate to Kwon, who sighed and followed Seulong's order. When he saw that Kwon was inside the kitchen, he waved at Ga-in to get her attention.

“Yah. Ga-in ah. Did Kwon tell you something about Minyoung?” He urgently whispered. Ga-in nodded in response. “Do you believe him?

It took about a minute before Ga-in can answer him back. “I believe in Kwonnie's part. With Minyoung, I don't know.

“Ahh. Yeah sure, Kwonnie's part is true. I can say that. But with Minyoung

“Seulong hyung, I don't think Minyoung was telling the truth to Kwonnie hyung.” Jinwoon suddenly said. “I think she still likes him.

Seulong nodded in agreement. “Well we need to talk to Minyoung. And soon.” He was going to say something but Kwon suddenly came back with the plate full of meat. Jinwoon clapped happily when he saw the plate. Seulong ang Ga-in just laughed at him.

 

After a few hours of talking and teasing, Seulong and Jinwoon stood up, ready to go. “Noona, are you coming with us?” Jinwoon innocently asked Ga-in. Seulong smacked him in the head. “Hyung! What did I do?”

“Aigoo you kid. Let's just go.” Seulong shook his head. “I'll see you later, Kwonnie. And I think you can show up at work tomorrow. I heard Jinwoon has been making a fuss in your company since you've skipped work for two days.”

“And to you, Son Ga-in. I'll see you never.” Seulong teased. Ga-in glared at him. 

“Noona! I'll see you again when I have the chance!” Jinwoon smiled at Ga-in. She smiled back at him and waved as the two giants went out of Kwon's house.

Kwon closed the front door and looked at Ga-in. “Now what do we do?

“Hm. Do you have any good movies? Maybe we can do a movie marathon.” She suggested as she plopped back to the couch. 

Kwon was at the television, searching for a good movie. “Yeobo, do you like this?” He showed her a DVD copy of the movie "Love Actually". “I think it's a romantic movie.

Ga-in yawned. “Ah whatever. Just put it in and let's just watch.” She was starting to feel a little sleepy. Kwon his player, put the DVD in and pressed play. He then sat beside Ga-in and together they watched the movie silently.

 

 

40minutes into the movie, Ga-in suddenly spoke. “Yeobo.

“Hm?” Kwon said, his eyes still glued to the television.

“Buy me a ring.

Kwon did not hear what Ga-in said because he was so immersed in the movie. “What?

“I said buy me a ring.

He turned his head at her direction, his eyes wide open in shock. “Ah why~?

“Because, I want one.” Ga-in replied. “Buy me a ring.

Kwon did not say anything. He pretended to be immersed in the movie again. “Oh look yeobo. Something's happening.

“Yah. Are you even listening to me? I said buy me a ring.” 

“Ah noona~” Kwon protested in a cute way. “Yeobo~

“Tch. Just tell me if you don't like to buy a ring.” She was getting impatient with his replies. “Seriously this kid.

“Ah I don't know.” Kwon shook his head. “I'll buy you a ring when I'm not busy.” When Kwon said that, Ga-in suddenly smiled.

“Really? Promise?” She suddenly grabbed his hand and made him do the pinky promise. “You would buy me a ring, you promise?

Kwon can't help but smile at the situation. “Ah. Of course I can't do anything about it since you already grabbed my hand.” He sighed in defeat. “Fine. I'll buy you a ring.

Ga-in smiled in victory. “You better keep your promise or else I will kill you.” She threatened Jo Kwon, who just looked at her weirdly.

“Ah yeobo. Let's just watch the movie.” Kwon said. With that, they resumed their movie marathon.

 

Technically, they did not finish their movie. Both of them fell asleep when the movie reached it's . They were back again to their sleeping position earlier.

 

 

 

Ga-in resting her head on Jo Kwon's shoulder with their hands intertwined.

 

a/n:

Hello! Surprise update! LOL. I had the time to update today so here you go! :D Finally, they made up! YAAAAY! But Minyoung is still not done with her plans so booooooo. What's up with her? Well you guys will find out soon.

Okay so, a little announcement? LOL. I'm about to end the fic. :( Well, let's just say that we are getting somewhat near the end of the fic. There are still more chapters, don't worry. It's just that I want you guys to have the heads up that the story is about to be done.

Believe it or not, I already have a second fic. But I haven't written it yet here. It's all in my head. So when this ends, expect another Adam Couple fic from me. ^^

So. To my subs and my silent readers and to the new readers of the fic.. Thank you. :D

Till my next update~