Doesn't She Look Familiar?

Start Over

 

 

KNOCK.

KNOCK.

 

“Jo Sajangnim?” One of Kwon's co-workers knock on his door. “Sir?” He tried again because he did not get any response. He was not aware that Kwon was sleeping inside.

After several knocks, he decided to open the door. He was surprised to see his boss sleeping soundly on his table. “Omo. Jo Sajangnim is knocked out.” He closed the door a little loud, hoping that Kwon would wake up but to his surprise, he didn't move an inch.

“Ehem.” he decided to try and clear his throat loudly. Kwon was surprised at the sound and suddenly woke up.

“What– Who...?” Kwon's eyes scanned the room to find who disturbed his sleep. “Ah. Kim Timjangnim.” Kwon hurriedly fixed his desk, embarrassed that one of his co-workers saw him dozing off during work hours. “How may I help you?

His co-worker just laughed at him. “Sir, you don't have to be embarrassed for sleeping. We also do that” he stopped midway when Kwon's eyes widened at his remark. “Ah, sir. This came for you today. I think it's an invitation. I'll be going then.” he bowed and hurriedly stepped out of Kwon's office.

“What the hell?” Kwon said after his co-worker went out. He then dialled Jinwoon's office number from his telephone. Jinwoon-ah, are you busy?

“No hyung. I just finished writing my report. Why?

“I need you to check on Kim Seunghyun and his team. He was here earlier and I think he just confessed that him  or his team are sleeping on the job.

“Hyung, don't you do that also?” Jinwoon teased Kwon.

“Yah! Just go check on them.” Kwon looked for the reports of Kim Seunghyun. “Look, his reports are sloppy. Even his team's over-all reports are bad. Either he's just not good at reporting or he rushes to finish these and then sleeps the whole damn day. Just go over their floor and check on them.

“Ah. Whatever you say hyung. I'm bored anyway. I'll text you what I can find in their floor.” Jinwoon said lazily on the other line.

“Mm.” With that, Kwon ended his phone call with Jinwoon. He then started to look at the invitation that was sent to him. “I wonder who this could be.

Kwon opened the envelope and was surprised with its contents.

“Omo. No way.” Kwon smiled a little.

 

From: Jinwoonie; 11:30am

    Hyung. I found out from one of their team members that Mr. Kim Seunghyun is permitting others to sleep on the job. They've been doing this for 3 months now.

 

Kwon read Jinwoon's message. “I knew something was up with that guy.

 

To: Jinwoonie; 11:32am

    Jinwoon-ah. Come up to my office. I need to talk to you.

From: Jinwoonie; 11:35am

    Hyung~ Can't we talk outside? I'm getting hungry. And it's almost lunchtime.

 

“Aish. This kid.” He stood up and grabbed his coat.

 

To: Jinwoonie; 11:36am

    Alright. Hyung will be right down at the entrance.

 

 

Five minutes later, Kwon reached the entrance of their building. Jinwoon was already there waiting for him. The maknae grabbed Kwon by the shoulders. “Hyung, where should we eat?

“Just somehwere near, I guess. Or you can pick.” He said as they walked outside.

 

 

“Wait, hyung. WHAT?” Jinwoon looked at the invitation that was handed to him by Kwon. “Yah. Daebak. Is this real? Where's my invite?

“I guess he sent it to your house.” Kwon took his invite back from Jinwoon's hands. “Why didn't he just text us?

“You know Seulong hyung, he likes to show off.” Jinwoon said while taking a big bite off his sandwich. “So that's tomorrow night, right?

“Mm. I still don't get it, Jinwoonie. Why go with all the formalities when he can just text us that his building design will be unveiled and there would be a party for it. That's so simple and easy to do.” Kwon said, still staring at the invite.

Jinwoon drank from Kwon's glass before answering him. “Hyung, just let it go. It's been a while since Seulong hyung got the spotlight from the rest of us. It's either you or Changmin hyung who gets it usually. He's happy that something big happened in his field and he wants to show off a little. Just..” he ate another bite. “Let's just be there to support him.

“I guess you're right.” Kwon sighed. “Do you think it's alright if I bring Ga-in noona? It's been a month since we saw each other.” His voice sounded sad. She's kind of busy with her photoshoots.” 

“Why don't you ask Seulong hyung? But, I guess it would be okay with him if you bring her. She's practically one of us now.” Jinwoon said. “Just like two years ago.

Kwon pouted his lips. He took his phone out and texted Seulong.

 

To: Ong Ong-ie Hyung; 12:27pm

   Hyuuuuuung~! Congrats on your new project~ :-)

From: Ong Ong-ie Hyung; 12:29pm

   What do you want you brat?

To: Ong Ong-ie Hyung; 12:32pm

   Why are you like that hyung? Can't I at least get a thank you? Geez.

From: Ong Ong-ie Hyung; 12:33pm

   Fine. Thank you, Kwonnie. Now what? I'm kind of busy. Ah, did you get the invite?

To: Ong Ong-ie Hyung; 12:34pm

   Hyung, do you think I'll text you congratulations if I didn't receive your invite? What's up with the formalities anyway? I was wondering... Can I take Ga-in noona tomorrow?

From: Ong Ong-ie Hyung; 12:38pm

   I knew you were going to say that. That's why I reserved two seats under your name. I sent the invite because the security is tight. Only those with invites are allowed since this is a private event. The building won't be revealed to the public till next week. Oh, are you with Jinwoon? If you are, tell him his invite is with Changmin Hyung. He'll give it to him tomorrow.

To: Ong Ong-ie Hyung; 12:40pm

   Alright. Thanks hyung! ^o^

 

 

“Jinwoonie, your invite is with Changmin hyung. He'll give it to you tomorrow.” Kwon informed a dazed Jinwoon.

“Huh? Why did Seulong hyung do that?” Jinwoon snapped back to reality when Kwon spoke to him.

Kwon shrugged. “Are you done? Let's go. I still need to make calls and do boss stuff. And by boss stuff, I mean do something to Kim Seunghyun and his team.

“Wahh. Kwonnie hyung is transforming into Jo Kwon Sajangnim. So scaaaary.” Jinwoon joked as he stood up.

“Watch your tone, Jung Jinwoon Isangnim. I might fire you right here, right now.” Kwon playfully stuck his tongue out. Jinwoon just laughed at him and placed his hands on his shoulders again while going back to their office.

 

 

The following night, the three of them went to Seulong's party. Seulong was right, only people with invites are allowed inside the hall. They tried to look for their friend but he was nowhere to be seen. The three of them decided to just sit down at their table and look for Seulong later. Kwon's expression fell when he saw the chair reserved for Ga-in beside him. As soon as they sat down, Kwon took his phone out and called her.

 

“Yeobo~ Can't you skip your work and go here to Seulongie hyung's party?” Kwon said to Ga-in who was on the other line. He invited her to go with him but she had another schedule to go to that day.

“I'm sorry yeobo.” Ga-in apologized again. “But the unnies said that I have to go to this event. Or else they'll kill me.

Kwon was pouting his lips, making his seatmates, Jinwoon and Changmin cringe. “It's been weeks since I last saw you. Yeobooo~ I miss you.

“I miss you too, yeobo. Omo. I have to go. The event is starting. I'll call you later, okay?

Kwon sighed. “Okay. Seulong hyung's event is also starting. Take care, yeobo.

“Mm. You too.” Ga-in hung up on him. Kwon looked sad when the phone call ended. “Hyung, cheer up. You'll see her again soon.” Jinwoon said, while Changmin just patted Kwon's shoulders.

“Yah. Seulong will be upset if you look like that. This is his night. Let's be happy for him, alright?” Changmin said. Kwon nodded at his hyung and started to pay attention to the event.

 

 

“Good Evening, ladies and gentlemen.” One of the emcees of the night started to speak. Jinwoon noticed that the female emcee was familar to him.

“Hyung! Kwon hyung!” He tapped Kwon, who was busy sending a message to Ga-in.

“What?” Kwon said to the maknae, irritated.

Jinwoon pointed at the stage. “Look at the female emcee. Doesn't she look familiar?

Kwon looked at the stage closely, and so did Changmin. “Yah. Kwon-ah. She does look familiar.” His eyes widened when Changmin spoke. No way. He thought.

“Kwon-ah, isn't that Lee Minyoung?

 

 

Kwon gulped in nervousness and nodded at his hyung's question.

 

a/n:

I promised you guys and update and here it is! Sorry there's not much Ga-in. But I promise she'll be at the next chapter. And Cliffhanger! LOL. I decided to spice things up a bit for these two. Who is Lee Minyoung? You'll find out next chapter.

Oh right, in case everyone is confused, Ga-in became busy after the bowling alley story, so they haven't seen each other for like a month now. But they text and call each other. (I JUST HOPE YOU GUYS READ THIS LITTLE PART CALLED AUTHOR'S NOTE SO THAT THERE WOULD NOT BE ANY CONFUSION ABOUT THE TIME FRAME OF THE STORY. SOBS. SORRY)

A little fact for this chapter! So, Jo Kwon is the president of his company, which gives him the title of ‘Sajangnim.’ Jung Jinwoon, meanwhile is the director of Kwonnie's company so he has the title of ‘Isangnim’ which is another high position in the company. Kwon and Jinwoon's co-worker, Kim Seunghyun is a team division leader of one of the department so he has the title of ‘Timjangnim’. The suffiix ‘-nim’ is added at the end to make the said title positions sound formal.

To my subscribers, old and new and to my silent readers: Thank you so much. Really. I do this because you enjoy my fic.

I'll try and see if I can update tomorrow. 

Comments are loved and appreciated. Till my next update! :D