What Are You Planning?

Start Over

 

 

-FLASHBACK: Yesterday, 7:20 pm at Changmin's workplace-

Seulong was drumming his fingers at the table, his expression bored. He knew that she was going to be late. She messaged him earlier, saying that she was stuck in traffic. Seulong can't blame her, the traffic outside was really unbelievable. It's like christmas except that it was a little bit hot because summer was apporaching.

“Seulong-ah. She's still not here?” Changmin came out from the kitchen to check up on his friend. Seulong shook his head and sighed. Changwin gave him a weary look. “Maybe she decided not to show up and made the excuse of being stuck in traffic.

“Maybe.” Seulong said, grabbing his glass and drinking it.  “But then again hyung, maybe she's telling the truth.

Changmin furrowed his eyebrows. “Yeah. Maybe. But who knows? With all the stories and theories that you said earlier, I really can't believe her.” He pulled the chair and sat down across him. “I thought she changed when she got back but I guess we were wrong.

Seulong let out another sigh. “Hyung, I don't think a trip to America for two years can change a person.” He smiled. “Remember, even before she left she was begging us to help her get Kwonnie back. I was so close to helping her because she's our friend but Kwon said he's had enough of her so I backed off .

Changmin nodded. Suddenly, he saw a familiar face entering the restaurant. “Seulong-ah. She's here.

Seulong turned around and his hyung was right.

 

Lee Minyoung just entered the building and was now looking for him.

 

He turned back to his hyung who was looking at him with much concern. “Do you want me to stay here or can you handle her all by yourself?

“Hyung, I'll be fine.” He smiled at Changmin. “I'll spill the details later when you get off from work. Don't worry about me.” With that, Changmin stood up and gave Seulong a thumbs-up as an encouragement before heading back to the kitchen.

Seulong fixed his hair before raising a hand up to save Minyoung the trouble of looking for him for another 2 minutes. She waved back to him and now started to go to his table. “Oppa, hello!” Minyoung greeted Seulong enthusiastically. He smiled back at her in return.

 

“So, what's up Seulong oppa?” Minyoung casually asked as she sat down the chair that Changmin occupied earlier. “Ah wait this is Changmin oppa's restaurant right? Is he here?

Seulong smiled. “Yah Minyoung-ah.” He has to be his witty and dorky self first before he could attack her. “This is not Changmin hyung's restaurant. He just works here.”  Seulong said to her with a joking voice. He needed to create a good atmosphere before things go awkward.

“Omo. I forgot.” Minyoung laughed. “Oppa, you know it's been years since I stepped foot in this restaurant. The last time was when...” She stopped.

Seulong knew why she stopped talking and did not press her any futher. “Anyway, are you treating me tonight?

Seulong's eyes grew big. “Y– Yah. Even though I was the one who asked you to come, I'm not treating you.” He said defensively. “This is a dutch night so if you want to eat go pay the bill yourself.

Minyoung laughed. “You're still you, Seulong oppa.” Then, her expression suddenly turned serious. “Let's cut the crap, oppa.” Seulong was shocked with her sudden change of tone. “You asked me to come here because you want to say something to me, right?” She attacked first. Seulong did not expect this.

“Yes.” Seulong was now looking at her seriously. “You're right. Let's just finish this.

 

 

“Minyoung, what are you planning?

Minyoung smiled at Seulong.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

 

“She's planning WHAT?!

 

Jinwoon and Changmin said in unison as Seulong recalled what happened with his conversation with Minyoung last night. Seulong met them at Jinwoon's apartment.

“Yah, Seulong-ah.” Changmin said, his lips pouting a little. “Why didn't you tell me this yesterday? I was looking for you, don't you know that?”

Seulong gave him a weak smile. “Sorry hyung. But our conversation got dragged outside. I guess Minyoung must've thought that I'd call you and we'd gang up on her.”

“Eh? But I'm a harmless person.” Changmin said in a small voice.

“Hyung.” Jinwoon said, turning to Seulong. “So you're saying that Minyoung is planning to tell Kwon that Ga-in noona never lost her memory?”

Seulong nodded. “But, how did she even know that Ga-in noona never lost her memory? Is she even sure that Ga-in noona is faking her amnesia?” Jinwoon pushed on.

“Well...” Seulong hesitated to speak. “She investigated.” Jinwoon and Changmin couldn't hide the shock on their faces. 

 

-FLASHBACK: Yesterday, 8:47 pm at a park near Changmin's workplace-

“Do you know that Ga-in unnie is faking her amnesia?

 

Seulong made a stop when Minyoung spoke. “Wh– W– What?” Minyoung smiled. She got the reaction that she was hoping for. “Yah. Lee Minyoung, what the hell are you saying?

“Oppa. You heard me.” Minyoung faced him. “Ga-in unnie remembers you. She remembers everything.You're being tricked by her. Especially Kwonnie oppa.

Seulong was fighting the urge to hit her. He really, really wants to hit her hard for saying such nasty lies. “Lee Minyoung.” He said. “Stop saying lies. You have no proof that what you're saying is true.

Minyoung chuckled. “Oppa, if you need proof I have it here.” She took out an envelope from her bag and waved it to Seulong's face. “This is Ga-in unnie's hospital record two years ago. And it clearly states here that she has no record of having amnesia or even short-term memory loss.

“When I tried to persuade Kwonnie oppa to take me back, he said that he let Ga-in unnie go once. So, I assumed that when I was in America, they dated. And that was back.. 2009? 2010? 2011?” Minyoung explained. Seulong kept quiet, still digesting the new information that was given to him. “I hired an investigator to get information about Ga-in unnie when they were first dating. Through him, I found out that they were engaged in 2010, and they were supposed to get married in 2011

 

“The investigator found something interesting when he was trying to find information about Ga-in unnie in the year 2011.” She looked at the busy streets of Seoul, feeling happy and victorious. “Oppa, did Ga-in unnie had an accident on her wedding day?

Seulong tried to recall the day that his two friends were supposed to get married. “I remember Narsha noona calling me and saying that Ga-in was admitted in the hospital. She was saying something about an accident and she pleaded me not to tell Kwon about it.” Minyoung let out a small laugh.

“There you go.” She opened the envelope and showed Seulong the records. “Ga-in unnie was hit by a car on the day of her wedding, October 17, 2011. She was admitted to the hospital but she did not have any symptoms of amnesia and she was never diagnosed of having one.” Minyoung explained. “And I believe that Kwonnie oppa told you guys how Ga-in unnie got her amnesia, am I right?

Seulong could not hide the shock on his face. She was right. Kwon once explained to him and Changmin that Ga-in got her amnesia on the day of the wedding because of a car accident. “How

“Did I know that Kwonnie oppa explained her accident and amnesia to you? How did I know that Ga-in unnie had amnesia?” Minyoung smiled at him. “I have my ways, oppa.” She quickly placed the records back in the envelope, grabbed a lighter from her bag and burned the records in front of Seulong. “Don't worry oppa. I have copies of that at home. I'm just taking pre-caution here since you know the secret.

 

“To cut the story short, Ga-in unnie was hit by a car two years ago. That is true. Fast forward to this year, you meet her again and she suddenly does not remember you. She's saying that she has amnesia because of her car accident. Kwonnie oppa and you and everyone else falls for it. But the truth is, she doesn't have amnesia. She remembers everything.

 

“And I'm going to tell her secret to Kwonnie oppa.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

 

Jinwoon and Changmin were quiet when Seulong finished explaining. 

“Hyung, do you know when she'll tell this to Kwonnie hyung?” Jinwoon asked. Seulong just sighed and shook his head.

Changmin, on the other hand, was still doubting. “Seulong-ah. Are you even sure that thos are real documents? I mean, documents can be faked.

“Hyung, I already asked that question to myself.” Seulong started. “But still, what if she's right? I mean” He was hesitating to share the once weird thing that he heard Ga-in say to him.

“What, Seulong?” Changmin said, curious.

“Well...” Seulong started. “There was this one time when Kwon's scandal is still going on. I called her at three in the morning to bother her and to update her about what's going on.

“Then suddenly, she blurted out that I was not that helpful the last time she had a problem.” Seulong said. “But I remembered that the last time I helped her out with something was like, 3 years ago.

Changmin's eyes widened in shock. Jinwoon, however looked calm. “Hyung. Aren't you wondering why Minyoung suddenly told her plan to you?

Seulong looked confused and shook his head. “I don't know. Maybe she wants someone to stop her from telling Kwonnie about it?

“Eyy. That's a lame reason.” Jinwoon said. “Didin't it cross your mind that she told you about her plan, when in reality she has another plan?

Now Changmin looked confused at Jinwoon's thoughts. He smacked the maknae's head lightly. “Aigoo. What is that. What are you saying.

Jinwoon massaged the spot where Changmin hit him. “I'm always getting hit when I am with you guys.” He mumured in a low voice. “What I mean is, what if Minyoung told you a fake plan to distract you. But in reality, she has another plan. It's like she has a real plan and a fake plan... And she just told you her fake plan but what she'll execute is the real plan.

Changmin still couldn't get it but Seulong got the maknae's point. “Okay. We just have to call Kwon now and warn him.” Seulong grabbed his phone and dialled Kwon's number.

 

 

“Oh. Hyung. What's up?

 

Jo Kwon answered his phone. He wondered why Seulong called today. Kwon knew that the three of them were at Jinwoon's place. He did not bother to ask them why are they hanging out without him because he was busy preparing a surprise for Ga-in.

“Me? I'm at the– Ah this is so embarrassing!” Kwon hesitated to tell Seulong where he is. “I'm at the hall that Min Ah noona rented for her wedding.

“Yah. Why are you there? What are you doing?” He drew the phone a few inches away from him because Seulong just shouted at the other line.

Kwon placed the phone back to his ear. “Hyung, I'm planning a surprise. I want Ga-in noona to remember how we first met so I'm setting up the hall just like two years ago.

The other line did not reply for two minutes. Kwon wondered if Seulong hung up on him or there's just a problem with the network. “Hyung? Seulong hyung? Hello?

“Is someone with you right now?” Seulong asked. Kwon wondered why his hyung's voice has this kind of urgency.

“Mm.” Kwon heistated again. “Hyung, don't be mad at me okay?

 

“Minyoung is with me right now. She offerred to help me out today since the three of you are doing something.

 

 

 

Seulong was speechless when he heard Kwon's reply. He immediately ended his conversation with Kwon. “We have a problem.” He turned to face his friends looking pale.

 

“Kwonnie and Minyoung are together right now.

 

 

 

Meanwhile, at the hall, Minyoung was eagerly helping Kwon. She was just waiting for a chance to tell Kwon about Ga-in secret.

“Minyoung-ah!” Kwon shouted from the other end of the hall. “Are you okay?

Minyoung waved her hands, signaling him that she's fine.

 

 

Oppa, I'm fine. I just hope you would be fine after I tell you Ga-in unnnie's secret.

 

a/n:

Dumdumdum. So Minyoung figured out Ga-in's secret.

Okay so a little summary: Minyoung knew about Ga-in's secret because she hired an investigator to investigate her case when she heard Kwon's remarks about him and Ga-in the last time that they met, and that was in Chapter 33. She found out about Kwon's conversation with Seulong and Changmin through a hacker. She asked him to hack and trace back Seulong, Changmin, Jinwoon and Kwon's phone conversations. She also acquired Ga-in's hospital records because of the investigator. Minyoung pieced together the car accident, hospital records, the boys' phone conversation and Ga-in's amnesia and boom! She knew that Ga-in is faking her amnesia from the very start.

Three more chapters to go for this fic. 

So, to my subs, new subs and silent readers: Thank you. :D

Bye-yong~