A Very Awkward Valentines' Day?

Start Over

 

 

“Yeobo, are you awake?

 

Ga-in answered her phone which rang ten times. It was valentines' day today, so she stayed up late last night to prepare the chocolated that she'll give to Kwon.

“I wouldn't be if you hadn't called ten times in a row.” She said in gritted teeth.

Kwon laughed at her. “Yeobo~ Don't be mad. It's valentines' day today!” He said in high spirits, which made Ga-in sigh.

“I know it's valentines' day today. Now why did you call, you poop face.

“Nothing. I just want to hear your voice in the morning. Hihi.” Kwon said on the other line. Ga-in cringed at her bed in embarrassment.

“Yah~” Ga-in groaned. Stop saying cheesy things. If I was there I would punch you in the face. It's early in the morning and you're making noona cringe.

Kwon gasped. “Ah why noona! Don't you want to hear my voice?

“No. I want to sleep.” Ga-in said flatly.

“Noona. Aish. You're really.” She heard Kwon sigh on the other line. “Stop playing push and pull with me!

Ga-in smiled. “Ah yeoboooo~” She said full of aegyo. “What do you mean by that? I don't play mildang with you.

“Ah. Aish.” Ga-in can feel that Kwon smiled on the other line. Of course she wins this round. “Yeobo, do you have work today?” He changed the subject.

“No. Jea unnie let us off for the day since she wants to stay home and not see happy couples at our studio.” Ga-in said. “Yesterday, she was so stressed out that many couples came in and asked us to take their pictures or organize a mini event for them.” She giggled.

“Ahh. Jea noona must be tired.” Kwon said. “We must invited them out again some other time. I kind of miss hanging out with the noonas.

“Yah. You what?” Ga-in's tone was sharp. She heard Kwon laugh a little.

“Noona, are you jealous?” He started to . Ga-in's temper started to rise. 

“If you miss them so much then you should just hang out with them.

Kwon laughed. “Aigoo. See, yeobo. I can also play what you are playing.” She heard a door open and he gasped. “Yah Seulong hyung! What are you doing here again?

“Kwon-ah. Help me find a date for tonight. Hyung is lonely.” She heard Seulong say in the background.

“Ah hyung~ Can't we talk later? I'm at the phone with Ga-in noona.

“Oh? Is that Ga-in. Yah SON GA-IN! HELLO!” Seulong shouted at the other line, making Ga-in turn her phone away from her ear.

“Ah. Really. Im Seulong you don't have to shout! This idiot.” She said as she set her phone on loudspeaker.

“Ga-in ah, can you hook me up with someone? I'm really lonely. I want to date this year!” Seulong pleaded. “Do you know anyone who wants a date?

Ga-in looked amused. “You should ask the unnies that. They're also bugging me to find them a decent date.

“Omo. You just gave me an idea, Ga-in ssi.” Seulong said happily. “Thank you! See you when I see you.” He said. Kwon-ah! Good luck tonight. Fighting!” He added at Kwon who groaned. Ga-in laughed and heard the door close at the other line.

“Ah. What the hell is with that hyung.” Kwon complained. “Yeobo, you're not doing anything right. You should go back to sleep.

“Eh. No, I'm good. I'll just find something to do here.

“Noona~ Sleep.” He insisted. “I'll wake you up later. Here, I'll sing you a song.

Ga-in was surprised. “Sing me a?” but before she can finish, Kwon started singing.

 

“Nae mireotji keodaran neoui son..

 

Ga-in shook her head and smiled when Kwon started to sing her back to sleep. 

 

 

“Noona! Are you done yet?” Kwon shouted from her living room apartment.

 

It was already 6:30 pm, and they were running a little late. “Yah! This is your fault. Singing me to sleep. Really. Tch.” She shouted from her room.

“Ah why is it my fault?” Kwon smiled. “You liked it, didn't you.

Ga-in went out of her room and glared at Kwon. “Let's go, you poop face.” Kwon looked at her weirdly, but stood up and left Ga-in's apartment.

 

They travelled by Kwon's car to Myeongdong. Ga-in was wondering why Kwon took her there. He turned to the direction of one of the shopping malls and went to the parking lot to park. 

“Yah, what are we doing here? Are we going to shop?

Kwon shook his head. “But noona can, if she wants to. I just want to walk around.” He smiled at her. Kwon grabbed his back pack from the back seat. “Yeobo, let's go!

Ten minutes have passed by and they were still wandering around the crowded streets of Myeongdong. Kwon was feeling nervous. He was planning to do Jinwoon's advice tonight for their skinship to advance. Ga-in, on the other hand, was busy looking around, not minding her date. She has a surprise for him but she decided that she'll do it late when he drops her at her apartment.

Jo Kwon. Just do it. You said it yourself that you'll do this tonight. His brain talked to him. “Noona, aren't you cold?” He started by casually asking her.

“Huh. Not really. Well, a bit. I forgot my gloves.” Kwon hopes raised. He smiled widely and started to look for something in his back while they were walking. Ga-in looked at him, confused. 

“Jjan!” He stopped walking and flashed something at her face. Ga-in got startled. “What was that?

“Noona.” Kwon fixed the gloves and showed it to her. “I got this as a christmas gifr from my office mate last year. It would be a waste if I don't use it.

Ga-in looked at the gloves. “How do you even wear that?” Kwon smiled and took her hand, pushing it inside the hole at her end. Then, he placed his hand inside the hole at his end. 

“Like this.” He held her hand inside the glove. Ga-in's eyes widened.

“YAHH~ What the hell is this?” She groaned at Kwon, who was smiling in victory. “Stop it! I don't want to wear this!

“AH WHY?” Kwon can feel that the bickering was about to start. “What's wrong with this?

Ga-in wriggled her hands free from Kwon. “It's embarrassing. Look, people will stare at us when we wear this!

“Noona, no one will look at us when we wear this! We're a couple!

Ga-in got flustered when Kwon mentioned that they're a couple. “Ah. But still. This looks weird!” Kwon had enough and took his own hand out of the glove.

“Fine. You wear it then.” He said, sounding hurt and shoving his hands on his pockets. “Wear that so your hands won't get cold. Kwon started to walk. Ga-in stared at him, then wore the gloves that he got them. She started to match his with his pace.

 

No one was talking for the next thirty minutes. Ga-in wanted to say something to make the awkward atmosphere go away but she doesn't know what to say to him. She felt guilty that she had hurt Kwon's feelings.

 

“Yeobo, are you hungry?

 

Kwon finally said something, but he was still not looking at her. “Mm. Yeah.” 

“Let's go over there. They have some hot food and tea. You must be feeling cold.” He said flatly while pointing at a building that's around the corner. Ga-in just nodded silently and followed Kwon.

When they reached the place, Kwon greeted the owner brightly. They led them to the table near the window. Kwon ordered himself some apple tea. “Yeobo, what do you want?” He finally looked at her. Ga-in was still drowning in guilt so she said to get her something that's hot. Kwon looked at her weirdly and resumed ordering their food. The owner bowed and left them alone.

 

 

Ten minutes passed, and no one was still talking. Ga-in couldn't take it anymore. “Yah.” Kwon looked at her,  tilting his head to the side. “Yes, noona?

“Are you angry?

Kwon shook his head. “Why would I be angry at noona?” He forced a smile. Ga-in was not buying it.

“Then why weren't you talking the whole time that we're walking around?

“Eh. Noona. That was nothing. I was just thinking some things. Work-related.” Kwon said in excuse. Ga-in raised her eyebrow.

“Kwon-ah. Don't kid with noona. You're thinking of this, right?” She raised the glove to his face. Kwon got irritated again. “Ah noona! You're bringing that up again.

Ga-in smirked in victory. “I knew it.” She shook her head. “Aigoo. Kwon-ah. You're really easy to read, you know that.

“Yeobo! What do you mean I'm easy to” He toned his voice down when the owner came back to them with their food. Kwon and Ga-in bowed and thanked him. “I am not easy to read!

Ga-in laughed. She felt that they were back to normal. “Yes you are. And seriously, what is up with this?” She pushed the couple gloves at his direction.

“Noona, I just want to try something.” Kwon said in embarrassment. “Jinwoonie said that couple gloves can be a big help in skinship.” Ga-in choked on the word "skinship" “Omo. Yeobo. Are you alright?” He leaned at her direction to pat her back.

Ga-in nodded her head. “Skinship. WHAT?” She said after drinking. “SKINSHIP?

“Ah why? There's nothing wrong with that!” Kwon said defensively. “I bet you're thinking of skinship sometimes. Don't kid with me, yeobo.” He threatened her. 

Ga-in slapped Kwon's hand that was on the table. “Aigoo. You poop face. Stop saying nonesense.

“What nonesense? I bet that you don't even know how to initiate skinship. Noona, you don't know how hard it is to be a boy and do all the work in this part.” Kwon nagged, making Ga-in lean her head at the window. “Let's exchange roles for once.” He threw her the couple glove. “You try it.

Ga-in glared at him and picked the glove. She inserted her hand, still glaring at him. “Yah. Get your hand in here.” She said cooly.

“Omo. What's that, noona?” Kwon said, making a little roleplay of the situation. 

“This? It makes your hands warm.” She tried to play along. “Just put it in.” Kwon put his hands inside the glove. “Oh, what's this. Noona, there's a hole in this glove.

“This? It's for this one.” She held hands with Kwon. Kwon was smiling from ear to ear again. “OMOOOOO. THIS IS WEIRD.” Ga-in slid her hand off the glove again.

Kwon sighed. “Ah. I give up. You win, yeobo.” He said, playing with the couple glove. Ga-in started to feel guilty again.

“Yeobo. You're done eating right?” She asked him. Kwon nodded. “Let's go. It's getting late anyway.” Kwon looked at the time and was surprised at how it flew by. He was feeling regretful because he wasted so much time today.

 

 

After paying for their meal, they started to walk back to the parking lot. “Yeobo~” Ga-in said as they were walking the now half-empty street of Myeongdong.

“Huh? Yes?” 

“My hands are feeling cold again.

Kwon looked at her, his eyes getting big. “What?

“Yah, are you deaf.” She was back to being chic. “I said my hands are cold.

Kwon stared, then laughed at her. He took the couple gloves off his right hand. “Here.” He offered the empty side to Ga-in. She slid her hand in but didn't touch Kwon's. When he felt her hands inside, he smiled  from ear to ear. Soon, their hands were intertwined inside the glove. No one knows who did the move first, and neither of them let go. They reached Kwon's car ad few minutes later. Kwon opened the door for her and Ga-in went inside. She was going to close the door but she realized that Kwon was still holding her hand.

“Let go you poop face.” She glared at him. Kwon laughed at her and hastily let her hand go. He closed her door and went to the driver's seat. They drove away from Myeongdong to go back to her apartment.

 

 

“Yeobo, thank you for today.” Kwon said when they reached Ga-in's door. “Even though that day went weird. But, thank you anyway.” 

Ga-in just nodded at him. “I had fun as well.” She smiled. “Don't you dare attempt skinship again or else I'll kill you.” Ga-in threatened him. 

“Ah noona! Why are you playing mildang again. It's so tiring.

Ga-in just looked at him. “Tch. Noona is going in. Drive safely, Kwon-ah.” She waved and went inside. Kwon stood there, looking a bit down since he was expecting chocolates from her. He sighed and started to walk away from Ga-in's door. When he was walking towards the elevator, he suddenly felt someone hug him from behind.

 

“Yah. You poop face. Happy Valentines' Day

 

He heard Ga-in's voice. “Here, take these.” She shoved the chocolate lollipop boquet at his face.

“Noona! You're ruining the moment!” Kwon shouted. “Stop shoving the chocolates in my face!

“Just take them. I can't run off if you don't take it.” Kwon laughed and grabbed the chocolates. When he turned around, he saw Ga-in running away from him. He was going to go after her but decided not to. 

“I'll just bother her tomorrow morning.” He said as he skipped to the elevator. When he got to his car, he placed the chocolate-lollipop boquet at the passenger seat and took out his phone to check his messages. 

 

From: Yeob<3oh; 11:00pm

    Yeobo, Happy Valentines' Day! Thank you for today. Stop thinking about skinship you kid or I will kill you

 

Kwon laughed at Ga-in's message. “Ah. This is the best valentines' day I ever had. I can't wait to tell the others.” He drove off, with a big smile on his face.

 

———

a/n:

Hi guys! It's been a while, I guess? LOL. So I updated with a very weird Valentines' Day date for the two of them since it's Valentines' Day! It's kind of a tradition to them that the girls will give chocolates to the boys. And the boys will give chocolates to the girls on white day, which is on March 14th.

And Kwon tried out one of Jinwoon's advices. He'll try the others as they go on. LOL. Speaking of Jinwoon, have you guys watched his WGM? I have and all I can say is that his wife is pretty. And Kwonnie is now an ahjibaem. ;___; I kind of spazzed when he got the mission card. I miss Kwon and Ga-in on WGM. :( but I hope Jinwoon enjoys his time there. What do you guys think?

So, a little spoiler for the next update: Minyoung will be back. /runs away and hides in a corner/

To my subscribers and silent readers: Hello! Thank you for still reading this even thought I don't update that fast unlike last month. School started so, I'm really sorry. *bows* And sorry if this is a long update. I told you guys I'll make up from my last update so. *bows again*

Comments make me giddy. Hihi. Till my next update.

PS: If you guys want to know the title of the song that I made Kwon sing to Ga-in, it's "Nostalgia". It was originally sung by Yozoh ft. Eric Mun of Shinhwa and Brown Classic but Ga-in made a re-make of it last year as a gift for her fans. It again features Eric Mun of Shinhwa. Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW5MkEEInMc That video has english subs by the way so you guys can know the meaning of the song. :D

 

EDIT: HAPPY VALENTINES' DAY EVERYONE! HERE'S MY GIFT TO ALL OF YOUUU.. WELL BESIDES THIS UPDATE. ^^