Want To Make A Bet?

Start Over

¯

 

“The unnies will kill me this time if I don't make it in by 8.” Ga-in muttered as she stepped on the gas of her car. She glanced at the clock in the dashboard. “9 minutes more. I think I can make it.” she turned right sharply, causing her bag to fall to the floor. She can finally see the studio from afar. “4 minutes.” 

Narsha was waiting outside their studio. She was determined to make Ga-in pay if she will be late again today. Two minutes before the clock striked 8, a car stopped in front of her. “I made it!” Ga-in exclaimed.  Narsha by slow clapping. “Woow. Son Ga-in nim, you have improved.” Ga-in just smiled at her unnie before opening the door. “So, what do we do today?” she asked Narsha as soon as they stepped inside.

“Oh, you know, the usual. You finish developing yout stack of undeveloped pictures and we'll just lounge around.” Narsha replied. “Oh by the way, those are for you.” she pointed at a boquet of flowers, wrapped sandwich and a cup of coffee which was taken out from her favorite cafe. A green sticky note was placed at the top of the wrapped sanwich with Ga-in's name written on it. They were all placed neatly at the table near the couch where their clients usually wait.

Ga-in checked if there was any note inside the flowers. “Unnie, who sent these?” she asked Narsha.

“I don't know.” she shrugged. “Those were there when I arrived a little while ago. I don't think Jea or Miryo did that since they said that they're heads are still throbbing from last night, hence they will not go in today.” with that, Narsha proceeded to her room.

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as she sat down in front of her gifts. “Now who the hell would do this?” she said out loud. Ga-in grabs the coffee and takes a sip of it. When she placed the coffee back at the table, her hand phone suddenly rang. 

 

From: 23-YEAR OLD POOP FACE; 8:30am

  Hello Ga-in noona! Did you enjoy your breakfast? ^^

 

Of course, Son Ga-in. Jo Kwon would do these kinds of things. she smiled and replied to Kwon's message.

 

To: 23-YEAR OLD POOP FACE; 8:32am

  Yah, you should warn me if you're going to give me food. What if you placed something suspicious in the food? Ohh. Are you planning to kill me?

 

Ga-in jokingly send the message to Kwon. She was always having fun teasing him. She grabbed Kwon's gifts and went to her work station.

 

From: 23-YEAR OLD POOP FACE; 8:41am

   Tch. Noona, why are you like that? >_< I was just being a good dongsaeng to you~

  Anyway, are you free for lunch later? Me, Seulong hyung and Jinwoonie will go to Changmin hyung's work for free lunch. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Want to come? ^^ oh, and if the noonas are there, they can come too. ^^

To: 23-YEAR OLD POOP FACE; 8:46am

  Good dongsaeng my face. I'll ask Narsha unnie if she wants to come. Jea unnie and Miryo unnie are not here right now. They got wasted last night. ㅋㅋ

From: 23-YEAR OLD POOP FACE; 8:50am

  I know. Jinwoonie was just telling me what happened to them last night. I'll see you later noona, I guess? ^^

 

“Hyung, you should've seen the look on Seulong hyung's face when Jea noona...” Jinwoon trailed on, telling Kwon what happened to them last night while they were eating breakfast at the conveniece store near their office. His phone rang when Jinwoon stood up to buy a bottle of water.

 

From: Ga-in noona <3; 8:52am

  Sure. See you later.

 

¯

 

Kwon and Jinwoon arrived at Changmin's work place 5 minutes before lunch time. “Hyuuuung~” they both said, trying to win another free lunch with their aegyo.

“No.

Jinwoon pouted. “But hyung, you promised last night that you'll treat us~” Changmin smacked his head. “Since when did I say that?

 

“Omo, what's this? Changmin-ah, are you breaking your promise to us last night?” Narsha and Ga-in arrived at the restaurant, followed by a grim-looking Seulong.

Changmin was flustered. “Ah– Ah noona~ I was only joking with these two brats. Of course I won't break my promise.” he ushered them inside. “Go on in. Lunch is on me... Again.

The five of them seated at a table that was near the window. “Narsha noona, where are the other two noonas that gives me constant headaches?” Seulong asked.

Narsha started giggling before answering. “They were so wasted, they couldn't go to work today. It's your fault.” she pointed at Seulong. His eyes widened. “How did it become my fault? You were the one who suggested the game!

“But you were the one who said that we should drink! Right, Jinwoonie?” she turned to Jinwoon for support. The three of them started to bicker. Kwon was just listening to them and Ga-in was immersed in her own world. 

Kwon looked at Ga-in and poked her with his chopsticks. “Yah, Ga-in noona.” she shot him a deadly look.

“What?

“Want to make a bet with me?

 

¯

 

-FLASHBACK: October 24, 2009 at a shopping mall-

“Noona~ Are you already done?” Kwon asked. “I'm hungry already~

The two of them went to a nearby shopping mall. Kwon was helping Ga-in to shop for new things since she moved to a new and bigger apartment. 

Ga-in shook her head. “Just be quiet over there. A while ago you were picking out random things for my apartment. Now you're telling me that you're hungry? Seriously , Kwon. I feel like I dragged my son today.” she snapped at him. Kwon sighed and just kept quiet. 

30 minutes passed and Kwon was still not talking. ‘Weird. Kwonnie's not talking or nagging. What's wrong with him.’ she thought while picking out pillows for her bed. 

“Kwon-ah.” she turned around, but to her surprised, he wasn't there. ‘Where did that boy run to?’ Ga-in turned back and looked for Kwon.

“Ah seriously, I really feel like a mother today. That Jo Kwon.” she muttered under her breath. Then, she noticed someone looking at the toy section. 

“Jo Kwon! What are you doing there?” Ga-in shouted as she approached him. Kwon was smiling when he saw her.

“Noona, let's buy that!” he pointed at two kiddie car rides. Ga-in just stared at him. “Are you out of your mind?

Kwon shook his head. “Why? We can play with this at your apartment when I come over.

“I don't want to.” Ga-in started to turn away but Kwon made her face him. “Ah noona~ Let's buy this one~

“No.

“Noona~” Kwon was still pleading and now doing his aegyo.

“You know that doesn't work on me. No.

He was about to protest to her again when suddenly, he thought of an idea. “Noona, want to make a bet with me?

Ga-in looked at him, confused. “What bet?” 

Kwon turned her around and pointed at a dance machine game. “I bet that you can't beat me at that game.” he whispered in her ear. Ga-in smirked. “Seriously, Jo Kwon. You're challenging me to an arcade game?

“Why, are you scared?” he was taunting her.

“Tch. In your dreams. If I win, you should pay for my stuff.” she said. Kwon nodded and smirked.

“But noona, if I win, you'll buy the kiddie car and pay for your own stuff.

“Deal.

 

A few hours later at Ga-in's apartment....

 

“Weeee~! Noona, ride yours now! This is so much fun!” Kwon exclaimed, going around Ga-in's apartment with his new kiddie car.

Ga-in sighed and shook her head in disbelief, making a mental note never to accept bets. Especially Jo Kwon's.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

“What kind of bet?” Ga-in asked Kwon as their food was being served. Kwon smiled and said softly.

“I bet you that Narsha noona will ask Seulong hyung to pay for all of this and then suggest to Changminnie hyung to give us his promise of free lunch when Jea noona and Miryo noona are feeling better.

Ga-in smirked. Kwon-ah, you obviously don't know Narsha unnie's personality. I can win this one. 

“Deal. If I win, give me a year's supply of coffee!” she said looking determined. 

Kwon nodded. “But if I win, noona will go on a date with me.

 

¯

 

An hour passed by, but the boys were still eating. Changmin joined them 30 minutes ago and is now eating with them as well. Narsha and Ga-in were dumbfounded with the scene that they're watching.

“Yaaah. I know boys can eat really well. But these four are not boys.” she was shaking her head in disbelief. 

“Unnie, these four boys are not human. Something's living in their stomachs that's why they eat like that.” Ga-in commented, earning a glare from Seulong. “Son Ga-in, you watch you mouth.

Narsha slapped his hand. “Yah Im Seulong. Stop bullying my maknae.” Ga-in stuck her tongue out at Seulong.

“Eyy. Seulong hyung. Stop bullying others and just eat.” Jinwoon said, reaching for his 5th bowl of rice. Narsha smiled at him, then suddenly thought of a great idea.

 

“Changmin-ah, you know what.. Just treat us some other time. I mean treat us when Jea and Miryo are feeling better. I feel like we're cheating on them if we go through with this.

Changmin froze when he heard Narsha speak. “Noona, really?

She nodded then turned her head Seulong's direction. “Im Seulong. Since you love us so much, you'll pay for these, right?

“PAY FOR WHAT?!!

Kwon lifted his head and turned his direction at Ga-in. Oh. Crap. Ga-in froze. Please let me win this one. she prayed silently. Please.

Narsha smiled devilishly at Seulong. “Oh. You'll pay for these OngSeulee. If you don't, then...” she raised her hand phone at him. “You'll see a certain video roaming around the internet. Who knows, that might even go viral. All of your friends will see you dancing to...” she trailed off.

Seulong's eyes widened in horror. “You wouldn't.” Narsha winked at him and mouthed “Oh I would.

 

“....... Yah Jung Jinwoon stop eating! You too Jo Kwon! Changmin hyung, slow down a bit! Ah seriously, where is my card!!” Seulong was shouting at his friends.

Narsha was smiling from ear to ear. So was Kwon.

 

But Ga-in wasn't. 

 

Son Ga-in, never ever accept bets. Ever.

 

a/n:

LOL. Ongie is always bullied by Narsha. Poor Ongie.

Anyway, Kwonnie and Ga-in will have their first date ever since Kwon found out that Ga-in has "amnesia" I wonder how that will turn out. HIHIHI. 

I think I wrote another long chapter. Oh well. 

Oh, and did you guys heard about Ga-in and Jea's schedule? They'll be attending MBC's Idol Sports Championship on the 28th! Yaaaay! 

Thank you so much to my subscribers and to my silent readers as well. :D 

Till my next update. <3