8th Chapter

We Meet on AFF...

Scene 1: Europe, Aaron’s university cafeteria during lunch break

On the set: Aaron, Carole, Kevin

Aaron, with a food tray in her hand, is looking around the cafeteria for a girl with blond and crimson hair until she sees her in the far back waving her hands enthusiastically at her. Aaron’s face lights up and she walks towards her.

Aaron: Hey Carole! How was your day?

This morning they didn’t have any lectures together so they agreed to meet during lunch.

Carol (sarcastically): Best morning ever! We got informed today that we’re supposed to write a thirty page essay until next month! (Scoffs) What do they think we are?! Vampires that don’t need sleep?!

Kevin: Aigoo~! (Pats Carole’s head with faked pity) He’s finally said it? Too bad, but I won’t be suffering with you…! (Now serious) Do you know how I partied when I was done with it last year?! I’m not doing that again! E-VER!!

Carole to Aaron (grimly): Can I kill him? Please, can I kill him?!

Aaron while grinning slightly: Why are you asking me? He’s your childhood friend; so go ahead.

Carole: Right…!

She loads her fork and catapults it right into Kevin’s face. Kevin and Aaron look at her shocked.

Kevin (growling): You did not just do that!

Both he and Carole load their forks and aim them at each other. But before either of them can shoot Aaron interferes.

Aaron: Okay! You guys are not going to start a food fight in a university cafeteria, are you?!

They both slump their shoulders and put their forks down.

Carole (while shooting Kevin a glare): Fine! So, change of topic. (To Aaron) How was your morning?

Immediately Aaron’s face falls. Bad choice of topic.

Aaron (grumpy): Tsk! Boring as hell!

Carole (surprised): Okay…? But don’t you always chat with NamTei during the morning lectures?

Aaron (irritated): Don’t even mention that jerk’s name! He’s dead to me!

Carole (even more surprised): Ehh? What happened?

Kevin (somewhat gloatingly): Ha, I knew that guy is bad news!

Aaron glances at Kevin and sighs.

Aaron: There is no way I can tell Carole while Kevin is listening.

(While looking away) Forget it! It’s nothing…!

Carole looks at Aaron thoughtfully for a short while but then she seems to drop whatever she’s thinking about.

Carole (in a light manner): Hey, do you have anything on after lectures today?

Aaron: No…?

Carole (smiles excitedly): Then let’s go shopping??

Aaron thinks for a second and then agrees.

Aaron: Why not? It’s not like I have someone to chat with anymore anyway! Hmpf!

-----

Carole, Aaron, and Kevin are strolling through the shopping district. Carole and Aaron are walking ahead while Kevin, who was ordered to carry the bags by Carole, is tagging behind.

Carole to Aaron: So, where shall we go next?

Kevin groans: You still want to go to another shop?! Aren’t you guys tired yet?! I feel like I’ll fall asleep any second…!

Carole turns around to Kevin (flippantly): Well, who told you to tag along…? (Then her eyes fall on a certain store on the other side of the street and she grabs Aaron’s arm) Hey, let’s go there next! (And she wiggles her eyebrows at Aaron)

Aaron (curious): Where?

Carole points at the store she saw.

Carole (while grinning): Victoria’s Secret.

Aaron’s eyes widen and she wants to protest but Carole has already pulled her across the street. Arriving in front of the store, Carole turns to Kevin.

Carole (while grinning): We’re going in there next. You sure you still want to come along?

Kevin: What?! No! I…

To be honest, going in there does have a certain appeal to him; after all he is a guy too… But then he glances at Aaron and sees her blushing madly. So, he decides against it; it seems she’s already embarrassed enough by just going in there with Carole alone…

Kevin: I’ll be waiting in a game shop or something… Call me when you guys are done…

He scratches his head and walks away. After a few steps he looks back over his shoulders and sees Carole dragging Aaron into the store. He recalls Aaron’s blushing face and can’t help but think how cute she looked…

Kevin: Damn, I should have just followed them inside! Tsk…!

Inside the store, Aaron is looking at the lingerie while trying not to blush furiously at every single piece. She has to admit that some of them are actually quite beautiful but most of them are just not her style.

Then, Carole appears behind a rack, carrying a whole bunch of pieces.

Carole: Hey, have you found anything that you like?

Aaron: Uhh, no…

Carole: Hehe, I thought so… That’s why I brought you some! (She pushes some of her pieces into Aaron’s arms) Alright! Let’s go try them on! (Pulls Aaron to the changing rooms)

Aaron (trying to resist): Um, Carole… I don’t think I—“

Carole: Aw, come on! It’s not like you have to buy them or that anyone will see you in them! Just try them on, marvel at how beautiful they look on you to give your self-esteem a little push up, and then you can put them back on the rack! Oh? It’s just for fun!

In the end Aaron agrees and they have a blast at trying the pieces on. Some of them are so funny that they laugh their heads off at them and others are so beautiful that it makes them want to buy them.

Carole: Alright, I’m through with my pieces! I’m going to look for more! What about you. Aaron?

Aaron: I’m done too…

Carole is comparing two bras when she glances at Aaron. She then puts back both pieces and turns towards Aaron.

Carole while crossing her arms in front of her chest: So, you’re really not going to tell me why you fought with NamTei?

Aaron, who just was about to take a bra from the rack, stops in her movement and looks at Carole.

Aaron: What?

Carole: Kevin’s not here so we can have a girl talk without worries.

Aaron: I… um…

Carole: Aw, come on! Pleaseee~??? I’m dying of curiosity here, you know?! (Looks at her with puppy eyes)

Aaron: (sighs) Fine… well… in short, he said that he doesn’t like Kevin… And when I argued that he hasn’t even met him once so how would he know, he answered because his INTUITION said so!!! (Getting enraged again by just thinking about it) Just who does he think he is??!!!! Right??! (Looks at Carole and expecting her to agree)

Carole (stunned but with a small amused smile): Really? He really said that?

Aaron (still mad): Yes!!!

Carole: You know, either he is a very creepy stalker who wants you all to himself (Aaron nods furiously) or he is jealous…

This makes Aaron halt in confusion.

Aaron: What? …jealous? But he only knows me over the internet…? (Can’t help but blush a little)

Carole eyes her curiously.

Carole (disbelieving yet amused): Are you… blushing…?!

Immediately Aaron’s hands fly to her cheeks.

Aaron (slightly flustered): What! No… Of course not…! (Averts her eyes)

Carole (grinning widely): Yes, you are! See, you like him too! Even though you only know him over the internet…!

Aaron (trying to explain herself): Of course I like him…! I consider him a very good friend of mine!

Carole: Then why don’t you try apologising to him? It’s not like you might run into each other by coincidence anytime soon… So if one of you doesn’t make the first step you might never talk to each other again…! And you wouldn’t want that right?

Aaron: No…

Carole (encouraging): Exactly. That’s why, give yourself a push and do it! Hm?

Aaron bites her lip indecisively. Then a thought crosses her mind and she frowns.

Aaron (pouting): But it was NamTei who started it! Calling Kevin untrustworthy and all…!

Carole (pertly): Well, if we go with the jealousy version then NamTei has every right to feel wary of Kevin. (Aaron looks at Carole questioningly) ‘Cause that guy is an incorrigible playboy!!

 

Scene 2: South Korea, set for a SHINee photo-shoot

On the set: SHINee, staff, etc.

All SHINee members are patiently sitting on the chairs getting their make-up done. While his hyungs are agitatedly discussing something Taemin is struggling to keep his eyes open. He hasn’t slept much the last two nights and his coordi noona is having difficulties covering up his panda eyes. She worriedly looks at the pale complexion of this handsome guy that keeps nodding off.

Coordi noona to Taemin with a worried yet sweet voice: You don’t look too good. Are you sick?

Taemin (indifferent): Ani. (Stares into space)

I’m not sick… I’ve just been brooding over this one conversation for two days straight and cursing my own rashness…! I’ve been gone through the damn conversation again and again, thinking where I should have said something else… Where I could have stopped this from happening… And all the while hoping that she would – by some miracle – write me again…

Taemin closes his eyes and sighs wearily. Of course, TaeminsWings hasn’t written…

Taemin: Just why in the world had I gotten so riled up…?! He is just a friend, after all!

(A/N: The following conversation is taking place inside Taemin’s head ^^)

Devil Taemin: Yes, but a very annoying one!

Angel Taemin: Still, he is Wings friend. So you shouldn’t badmouth him.

Devil Taemin: But he deserves to be badmouthed!

Angel Taemin: On what basis? Just because there exists the possibility that he might be interested in Wings?

Devil Taemin: Of course! Even the tiniest possibility is enough!

Angel Taemin: But Taemin has no right to do that. He is but a friend she’s met on the internet.

Devil Taemin: Who cares?!

Angel Taemin: I care!

Taemin: WILL YOU TWO SHUT UP ALREADY?!!! SO NOISY!!!

It is quiet for a while until Angel Taemin speaks up again.

Angel Taemin: Um, but you know you should apologise to her at least…!

Devil Taemin: Are you crazy, bro?! It’s her who should apologise first!!

Angel Taemin: You are the crazy one! He made a mistake so he should apologise!

Devil Taemin: I said her!

Angel Taemin: No, him!

Devil Taemin: Her!

Angel Taemin: HIM!

Devil Taemin: HER!

Angel Taemin: HIM!

Taemin: SHUT UPPP!!!!!!

All heads in the room immediately turn towards Taemin, surprised.

Taemin: I’m sorry… I was just… (Turns away and sighs)

But I guess angel me was right… I should probably apologise… Or we might end up not talking to each other ever again…!

But how? (Glances at Jonghyun) If anyone knows it’s probably him… But I need to wait for the right moment to ask him…

----- (A little later)

There is but one situation where Jonghyun is absent-minded enough so that one can ask him a question and he will answer it honestly without conducting and interrogation rivalling the CIA’s first. And that is when he is writing a song.

Like now. That’s why Taemin choses this moment to casually step besides his hyung.

Taemin (casually and pretending to be Key): Hey yeobo, what are you doing?

Jonghyun (absent-mindedly): Writing a song… can’t you see?

Taemin: Oh, mianhaeyo… but can I ask you a question?

Jonghyun (still not paying attention): Sure…

Taemin: Um, what do you need to do if you want to apologize to a girl?

Jonghyun: Give her a present, say that you’re sorry and that you’ll regret it for the rest of your life, and then give her a kiss… Wae?

Taemin: Give her a KISS?!!!

Oh, just… (Shrugs his shoulders casually and walks back to his seat)

Give her a present…? What would she like…? Hmmmm…

--- Taemin Flashback ---

TaeminsWings: To bad… hahaha Well, if you ever get to work with Taemin, you’ll have to take a video or at least a photo and send it to me, okay? *bats eyelashes*

Taemin (mumbling): A video of myself? (Chuckles) I guess I’ll have to trouble my hyungs sometime…

--- End of Flashback ---

So, a clip of me it is… but where do I get a HD camera from…?

Suddenly, Jonghyun’s head snaps up and he points at Key accusingly.

Jonghyun exclaiming scandalised: Why do you need to apologise to a girl?!

All, even Taemin, look up surprised.

Key (surprised): What? Why would I need to apologise to a girl?

Jonghyun while furrowing his brows and tilting his head (confused): So… it wasn’t you?

Key (now curious): What wasn’t me?

Jonghyun: Asking me how to apologise to a girl…

Key: No, that wasn’t me. Besides I can’t move right now anyway. It would ruin my hair…

Jonghyun then turns to his hyung: Then you, Onew? (Onew shakes his head and Jonghyun turns to Minho) Minho? (Minho also shakes his head)

Then, they all turn to the maknae who looks at them innocently.

Taemin: What?

Jonghyun while grinning suggestively: Who’s the girl you need to apologise to, huh?

Taemin (innocently): I don’t know what you guys are talking about.

And he turns away. But then an idea pops up in his mind.

Taemin: Oh! But doesn’t Jonghyun hyung have a HD camera?

Taemin turns around to his hyungs again.

Taemin (slightly embarrassed): Fine, I admit it was me…  It’s a friend I met just recently… (His hyungs glance at each other knowingly) But you guys have to do me a favour…!

Jonghyun and Minho at the same time: What favour?

Taemin while smiling embarrassedly: Take a HD video of me with Jonghyun’s camera…

Key: Aigoo~! She’s your fan?!

Taemin (still embarrassed): Well… yeah… but she doesn’t know it’s me… So the video has to be taken in a way that it seems as if a staff took it!

Onew: Arasso! Let’s do it!

Taemin (surprised): What?! Right now?! (To Jonghyun) Do you even have the camera with you?

Jonghyun (grinning): Always!

He digs around in his bag and eventually conjures the said camera out of it.

Jonghyun: Tadaaaa~! Alright! First scene: Taemin getting his make-up and hair done!

He turns on the camera and starts filming. They continue recording during the whole photo-shoot. But they carefully make sure that it is always done from the staff’s perspective.

 

Scene 3: South Korea, Seoul, SHINee dorm

On the set: SHINee

They are all lazing around in the dorm after an exhausting day when suddenly Taemin, who is sitting at the table with Key’s laptop, lets out a huge sigh.

Taemin: Haaaaaaaaaaaa~ I’m done… Finally!

Immediately, the dead bodies come to life and crowd around their maknae.

Key (excitedly): Really? Then let’s see!

Taemin (shocked): What?! No! That’s private!

Jonghyun: Oh, come on! We filmed the whole thing!

Key: Yeah! Besides, it’s on my laptop anyway. So I can take a look at it anytime…

Taemin: Then I’m gonna delete it!

Key with wide eyes: Nooooooooooo~!

And in a quick movement he snatches the laptop from Taemin and runs away to the couch. Taemin wants to chase after him but gets blocked by Onew and Jonghyun. After a little struggle Taemin gives up and they watch the clip together.

 

Scene 4: Internet, Skype

On the set: Aaron as TaeminsWings, Taemin as NamTei

NamTei: Hey, Wings…

I know you’re probably still angry…

I’ve been an idiot

I shouldn’t have

You have every right to

I am sorry.

I am sorry for meddling where I have no right to.

I have placed a token of my apology in the dropbox: (link follows)

I hope you can accept it…

Five minutes pass. Half an hour. An hour. Two hours. Three hours. Four. Five.

Taemin has almost given up and opts to go to bed – it is four o’clock in the morning after all – when the turning circle suddenly indicates that TaeminsWings is writing something. After what seems like an eternity the message finally pops up.

TaeminsWings: How dare you send me a HD clip of Taemin?!

I wanted to continue being angry at you for at least two or three days more! But what’s that! Using Taemin is foul play! *pouts angrily*

NamTei: So… does that mean… that you will not stop chatting with me…? *hopeful emicon*

TaeminsWings: Omg, you’re still online?! O.O Isn’t it… like four in the morning or something over there?!

NamTei: Yeah…

A smile spreads on Aarons face.

TaeminsWings: So… you stayed up this late just because you were waiting for me to answer…?

NamTei: Uh-hu…

TaeminsWings: I mean that much to you…?

NamTei: Didn’t I say you were special…?

TaeminsWings: Yeah, you did… but…

NamTei: But what?

TaeminsWings: But I never expected it to be to this degree…

NamTei: So… it’s different for you…?

TaeminsWings: No! Why else do you thing I got this angry?!

In fact, I need to apologise too… >< No matter how angry I was I shouldn’t have said those things…! I am sorry. I don’t have a token of apology though…

NamTei: So… let’s just both accept each other’s apology and continue being friends, oh? :)

And I don’t need a token of apology. Knowing that you’ve forgiven me is enough…

TaeminsWings: Yes. Let’s do that. :) But I’d like to give one… Is there really nothing that I could give you??

NamTei: Well… there is this one thing…

TaeminsWings: Name it and it shall be yours!! ^_^

NamTei: You sure? *sceptical emicon*

TaeminsWings: Yes! So spill it! ^^

NamTei: A picture…

TaeminsWings: A picture? Of what?

NamTei: You

 

--------------------------

Hey, everyone!!!! Next chapter is out!! ^^ gosh, it turned out to be sooo long >< but i wanted the last conversation to be in it, so yeah...