5th Chapter

We Meet on AFF...

Scene 1: Internet, Skype (A/N: This scene will almost only consist of the online conversation between Taemin and Aaron.)

On the set: Taemin as NamTei, Aaron as TaeminsWings

TaeminsWings: NamTei! NamTei! Guess what happened! Donutinlove and I, we’re both attending the same university! We even have some lectures together! Isn’t that unbelievable?! Once, we were even complaining about the same lecture! And didn’t realise it! Because we both weren’t paying attention to what the prof was saying! How funny is that! Right?!

We just agreed to have lunch together tomorrow! Can’t wait to meet her! XDD

Okay, I’m sorry! I’m just too happy because it seems that there actually lives someone who shares my interest on my continent! *><*

Naturally, Aaron had told NamTei about donutinlove the same day she’d ‘met’ her. He had immediately visited her wall and they had exchanged a few posts. So they knew about each other.

NamTei: Seriously? That’s awesome! So, keep being happy! I won’t mind! :) And you really attended the same lectures? Lol, that’s too good! Hahaha

You’re meeting her? Just be careful, arasso? Meet her at a place where there are a lot of people, okay?

TaeminsWings: We’re going to the university cafeteria, so no worries ^^ But I don’t think she’s someone suspicious…

NamTei: Me neither! But you never know! Suspicious people don’t usually advertise themselves as such… ^^

TaeminsWings: I know, I know… ^^

So… theoretically, you’re also a candidate for a suspicious person, right? ;P

NamTei: Whaaat?! Still thinking I’m an old wrinkly grandpa?! *shocked emicon* ;P

TaeminsWings: Oh, you’re not? *innocent blinking emicon*

NamTei: No, I’m sorry…! Ah, but that doesn’t matter, right Wings? ‘Cause you have a thing for old men…

Aaron: WHAAT?!?!?!

TaeminsWings: WHAAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

NamTei: Hahahahhaha, gotcha!! Lol

TaeminsWings: NammmTeiiiiiii~!!!!!

NamTei: Looool

TaeminsWings: I’m gonna kill you! “A thing for old men”?!? Are you mental?!? You’re lucky that you are an 11-hour flight away!

No reply from NamTei.

TaeminsWings: You’re STILL laughing?!?

NamTei: Hehehe… Mianhae! …hahahahahahhahaha

TaeminsWings: I’m going to get myself something to eat!

NamTei: Okay, I’m sorry! *puppy eyes emicon* But my fingers were just itching for it…!

No reply from TaeminsWings.

NamTei: You really went to get yourself something?

Still no reply.

NamTei: Wings? I’m sorry; I really didn’t mean to hurt you or anything! I was just joking…

TaeminsWings: I know :) but I’ve got two stairs between my room and the kitchen, so it took me a while…

NamTei: Oh… okay ^^

So what did you get?

TaeminsWings: Just some yoghurt… banana flavoured…

NamTei: Sounds good! Now, I’m getting hungry too, haha

TaeminsWings: Then go get yourself something!

NamTei: Too lazy… Am already in bed… ^^

Aaron smacks her forehead.

TaeminsWings: Omg! You’re right! I keep forgetting the time difference! So sorry!!! >< Sweet dreams, in that case! :D

NamTei: Wait! I’m not yet tired… :)

TaeminsWings: Doesn’t matter! You’re always complaining about how tiring your schedule is! So you need every minute of sleep you can get!

NamTei: But! *pout emicon*

TaeminsWings: No buts! Go to sleep! :)

NamTei: One last question then?

TaeminsWings: *questioning emicon* Hmm?

NamTei: I’ve been wondering ever since… Is there a meaning behind your username?

TaeminsWings: Ahh… this is kinda embarrassing… but yeah, there is…

NamTei: Can I ask… what meaning?

Sign indicating that TaeminsWings is writing something is visible for quite a while: Aaron is rewriting her answer several times.

TaeminsWings: Well, it’s not that complicated actually… just that I hope to support Taemin even from the other side of the globe… I want to make sure he’s always soaring high in the sky… *embarrassed emicon*

NamTei: So you want to be Taemin’s wings?

TaeminsWings: Well… yeah… something like that… *hides blushing face* Okay, you go to sleep now!

NamTei: Don’t be embarrassed. I like your username a lot! Including the meaning behind it… :)

TaeminsWings: Well, maybe YOU do… But Taemin would probably freak out hearing this…! I would too… Some stranger wanting to be my wings! Shucks!

NamTei: He wouldn’t.

TaeminsWings: Yeah right!

NamTei: No! Believe me; he wouldn’t feel freaked out. He’d feel honoured touched cherished loved special

TaeminsWings: Fine, I believe you! Just because it’d be nice, if it actually were so… :)

Now, you go to sleep! I’m signing out.

NamTei: I’m not telling you this just to make you feel better, Wings! I’m serious! He would NEVER feel freaked out!

TaeminsWings: Alright, alright! Now, go to sleep! :)

NamTei: Stop telling me to go to sleep! I’m being dead serious here!

Aaron frowns confused.

TaeminsWings: Why are you making such a big deal out of this?

NamTei: Cause you’re putting yourself down for a reason that’s ridiculous!

TaeminsWings: It’s not ridiculous!

NamTei: Yes, it is! I would Taemin would never be freaked out by you!

TaeminsWings: How can you be so sure of that?! You don’t know him!

There’s a short pause before NamTei answers; Taemin is arguing with himself whether to tell her the truth or not.

NamTei: I just am.

TaeminsWings: Okay, this is getting old… Good Night!

NamTei: Wait!

Just promise me that you won’t ever again think that Taemin would be freaked out by you!

TaeminsWings: What? Why?

NamTei: Just promise me!

TaeminsWings: I really don’t get how this is so important to you… But fine, I promise!

NamTei: Do you genuinely promise, Taemin’s Wings?

TaeminsWings: *sigh* Yes, I genuinely promise.

Aaron: What in the world has gotten into him??? (Shakes head)

NamTei: Thanks. *contented emicon* Now I can sleep in peace ^^

TaeminsWings: Okay? Well then, sleep tight! :D

NamTei: Same! *yawns* G’night! :D

They both sign out.

 

Scene 2: South Korea, Seoul, on the set for a CV

On the set: SHINee, their manager, filming crew and other staff

It’s been another one or two weeks since Taemin bought the tablet and he and Aaron have been chatting with each other at least every day. If SHINee has an external schedule, Teamin will do nothing else for the whole car ride. The same applies to breaks, stand-bys, etc. Although slightly worried, his hyungs have accepted that for almost the whole day, their maknae is mentally unattainable. Like now:

Director: CUT! That was perfect! We’ll have a short break before we’ll continue!

Immediately, Taemin rushes over to his chair and grabs his tablet before his hyungs even get the chance to hold him back.

Key leans in towards Jonghyun while watching the maknae.

Key in a low but worried voice: This is not normal anymore! He wouldn’t have become addicted or something, right?

Jonghyun (frowns): I don’t know… He doesn’t tell me anything either… (He turns to Minho) You’re the Taemin expert here; what do you think? Why did he suddenly buy himself a tablet? And why does he spend every free second on it?

Minho watches Taemin for a few seconds then sighs and looks away.

Minho (concerned): I don’t know either… I’ve never seen him act like this before!

Suddenly Onew hugs them from behind and puts his head in between them.

Onew: What are you guys discussing so seriously?

Key: …our maknae…

Onew (clueless): What’s with him?

Key turns around in disbelieve: You seriously haven’t noticed?!

Onew (looking surprised): What?

Key: Hyung, you’re unbelievable! Where have your eyes been the last few weeks?!

Jonghyun then has mercy with his confused hyung for he knows that his friend’s mind works in another, mysterious, way that normal people will never understand.

Jonghyun: Hyung, since Taemin bought himself a tablet about two weeks ago he’s been occupying himself with nothing else! And we’re worried that he might have gotten addicted or conned or—

Onew (interrupting him): Oh, that… (Smiles reassuringly) You don’t have to worry; he’s just chatting…

He plans to walk away to eat the chicken he’d asked some staff to buy for him but gets held back by three hands grabbing his arms. Jonghyun, Key, and Minho are gaping at him with blinking eyes.

Minho finds his voice first: Wait…

Jonghyun: Chatting?! That often?

Key: How do you know?

Onew (slightly taken aback): Well, the things he mumbles to himself while staring at the tablet sound like he’s having a conversation with someone… since he’s mumbling in English it’s probably not someone form Korea… Also, he’s only doing so from about three o’clock in the afternoon till midnight; in the morning he almost never touches his tablet. Must be because of the time difference… So it would be someone from… Europe? Then, it already started before he bought his tablet; he’d been using your (he nods at Key) laptop quite frequently. If I remember correctly it was ever since you forced him to read those fanfics… So, I guess it’s someone from there? And considering that he absolutely doesn’t want us to know and even pretends to go practicing his dancing just to get away from us… I conclude it’s a girl?

He nods agreeing with his own assessment and heads over to the staff holding the bag from the chicken corner. The others just stare at him with wide eyes.

Key: …scary…

Minho (astounded): Since when did hyung become so perceptive…?

Jonghyun with smirk: So~ our dear maknae has got a girl…?

Key (indignantly upon realising what Onew has just said): And he pretends to go practicing just to chat with her?!

Minho still has difficulties believing it: My Taeminnie…?

Jonghyun (still smirking): Heh, looks like our baby has grown up… So~ what are we gonna do? (Looks at the other two expectantly)

Minho (frowns): What do you mean?

Jonghyun: You’re not planning to act as if you didn’t know, right?!

Minho (hesitant): Well, he obviously doesn’t want us to know…

Jonghyun pouting: Why?

Key: Well… aren’t you just waiting to banter him about it?

Jonghyun (grinning excitedly): Well, of course! I mean, our innocent maknae got a girl!

Key mutters: Figures… (Then aloud) Let’s just give him some time, oh?

Jonghyun (unhappy): But…

Key: Oh, come on! He’ll have to tell us someday anyway; he can’t hide her forever! Let’s be considerate for now? Oh, yeobo? (Elbows him playfully)

Jonghyun grudgingly: Aaarassoo~

Key: I knew you’d be understand-ohgod! Hyung’s created another chicken bone yard…!

Immediately Jonghyun’s head snaps in Onew’s direction and his eyes widen at the sight.

Jonghyung while running over: Hyunggggg~! Stop eating! We still have to finish filming this commercial!

It’s a commercial for some sweet beverage…

 

---------------------------

Sorry for not updating for so long!!! >< I had to pull out (or more like operate) my wisdom tooth and the painkillers are really killing me... =.=

Anyway! Now I'm back!

PS: Also, very sorry for not answering you comments!! Will do so right now!! ><