1st Chapter

We Meet on AFF...

A/N: Um, since this fic will contain a lot of written stuff, like PM's, comments, SMS, etc. I will write them in dark blue. Btw, thoughts are written in italic letters... ^^

----------------------------

Scene 1: Europe, Aaron's room, evening

On the set: Aaron, her brother Tim, her mother

Aaron's at her laptop watching her currently number one favourite video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFqx7Ga1quQ

Her mother from the kitchen (shouting): Aaron, Tim, dinner's ready!

Unwillingly, Aaron presses the pause button on YouTube and slurps downstairs. Her brother, Tim, is already there discussing the psychological aspect of teaching socially impaired teenagers, or something like that =.= He's studying psychology and Aaron's mom is a teacher so they always talk about topics like this... Usually her dad is there to help direct the table conversation into a more interesting direction, but he's away on a business trip at the moment so Aaron's outnumbered...

Therefore she doesn't even try to take part in the discussion and just concentrates on eating her food as fast as possible. She wants to go back upstairs and continue the video anyway.

Once she's finished, she puts her dish into the dishwasher.

Aaron: Can I leave the table?

Her mother (complaining): But Aaron, this is an interesting discussion! Don't you have anything to contribute to it?

Aaron (bored): Nope, not at all.

Her mother allows Aaron to leave. Aaron runs up the stairs immediately and plants herself in front of her precious computer, her sanctuary from her everyday troubles, the holy device that opens the door to the world of KPop. Whatever you want to call it.

She continues watching the video, SHINee has just started to sing Seniorita, and spazzing whenever a certain blond-haired boy comes into the picture.

Aaron (supposed to be just thinking this but can’t help but say some of it out loud… ^^): Ahhhh~~~ (looking at the screen with dreamy eyes, when a close-up of his profile is shown) what’s the damn mic doing there?!? It's obstructing my sight! Awww, why are they showing the other members! Tsk! (trying to spot him in the background) *sighhhhh* And the way he moves…!!! How he keeps adjusting his mic!! And his expressions!! Don’t get me started on his facial expressions!!!! Kyaaaaaa, that gaze!!! *dies* (they’re now singing “Japhil deut japhiji anha my señorita. Museun yaegil haryeoneun geoni…”) How is it even possible for such a heavenly creature to exist? Omg, my HEART! (now reaching the end of the song with another close-up of him) Just why-oh-why couldn’t I have been born Korean?! Or at least Asian?! Why do I have to be stuck on the other side of the globe while he’s getting more amazing by the day?! (last part is whined in self-pity)

When the video is finished, she impatiently moves the mouse over to click on the next part but accidentally hits another video. Initially annoyed at her mistake that quickly changes when the same not as blond but nonetheless painfully handsome guy can be seen practicing tango! (The video she clicked on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaXsbFl4NyU)

Even though she's 'slightly' envious of his dance partner, her fangirl soul can't help but be fascinated by his every movement. Closing her eyes and imagining her being the one led by his arms, she thought she might faint! Feeling his hands in hers and his eyes looking at her alone...

He softly pushes her back... she whirls around and gracefully falls into his arms again... they cross the room; their bodies touching *fangirl scream* … they halt and he abruptly turns her around... hearing the music come to an end they both bend over into that typical closing position... their faces only inches apart he leans in even closer... and then—

*CRASHBANGTHUD*

Aaron: YE-OUCH!!!

Tim (yelling from downstairs): WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING, RONNIE?!? I'M TRYING TO CONCENTRATE ON MY THESIS HERE!!! BE QUIET!!!!

Aaaaand reality's got her back... -____-

Aaron: SOOOORRY!!! (shouting; though only half sincere because her daydream has been interrupted...)

Rubbing her now sore Aaron climbs back on her chair and stares at the screen.

But who is she kidding? That daydream's nothing but wishful thinking anyway... T_T They are separated by more than twelve thousand kilometres of solid rock and burning hot magma! And, if by some miracle, they'd still meet someday the whole dancing thing would already fail with the first step. Because Aaron has no sense of rhythm or balance whatsoever. It's even quite a feat that she learned how to drive a bicycle!

Even dancing a mere waltz (for which one only needs to know four steps) would require for him to teach her several hours!

Aaron: But I'd even take that. I mean hello? Getting dance lessons from amazing Lee Taemin?

...

...

...

Aaron (talking to herself excitedly): OMG, that's it!! I'll write a fanfic about Taemin teaching a girl how to dance! This is gonna be so much fun!

She can't help but expresses her excitement by trampling her feet on the floor which earns her another complaint from her brother.

Tim: RONNIE!!!!! SHUT UP!!!!!!

Aaron (annoyed): YE-HESSS!!!

Their mother (reprimanding and shouting as well although less loud): Tim! Aaron! Will you guys be quiet?! You’ll wake up Sarah!

Sarah is their three years old next-door neighbour.

Aaron: Tsk, that brat gets to scream her lungs out in the depths of the night without anyone complaining but we have to be quiet as a mouse when it’s only eight o’clock?! Being fair, are we, eh?!

But Aaron doesn’t care being agitated about that much longer. She has more important things to do. Like conceptualising her new fanfic.

She opens a new word document and writes ‘Taemin fanfic’ as she can’t come up with a satisfying title yet.

Aaron: So Taemin teaches the female lead, I’ll name her Eun Yun Hee, how to dance... let's make her a total klutz, like me, hahaha... So how am I going to let them meet?  At a SHINee activity? That would require for her to be a fan of them... Is she a fan? No... Let's make her a person who doesn't listen to KPop. After all, why would Taemin fall for a crazy fangirl?! Okay, so they can't meet at a fan session or a concert. A random encounter then... But where? While shopping? Nah, Taemin doesn't seem the type to spend his free time at malls... (shakes head) On the street? She gets hit by his car? No, I'm not copying 'Mary stayed out all night'. At a deserted place then? Hmmm... At night on the streets and he rescues her from some ert? And how does that result in him teaching her how to dance? She doesn't know him or that he dances like heaven... That's right, that's right! She sees him dancing somewhere! ...let's say he went outside... to his favourite spot, a dock at the harbour, to practice his dancing or get some inspiration, whatever, and she accidentally sees him there! Because this is also her favourite spot! Yes, this is good! Type, type!

(she types her ideas into her file)

And then she askes him to teach her how to dance because... yes why would she want to learn how to dance? ...because of a bet? Nah, that's lame... For a party maybe? But why would she want to go to a party, when she can't dance at all? I hate parties, the only party I've ever attended was our graduation ball. And I only went because my best friend had spent a week on convincing me... So should I make it a graduation party? Yes! And she's only going because her crush had asked her out! And that's why she wants to learn how to dance too! Because she doesn't want to embarrass herself! Yes, yes, yessss! This is how I'll do it!

She spends the rest of the evening writing the foreword and the first chapter and posting it on AFF.

 

Scene 2: South Korea, SHINee dorm, evening after an exhausting day

On the set: SHINee

SHINee enters the dorm tiredly. Onew and Minho go and watch TV, Jonghyun disappears into the kitchen, Key places himself in front of his laptop, and Taemin heads towards the bathroom to take a shower. Soon, the delicious smell of Jonghyun's cooking fills the dorm and when Taemin exits the bathroom Jonghyun calls for them to come and eat dinner. They all comply except Key.

Jonghyun: Yeobo, the food's getting cold! What are you doing?

Key comes running and sits down.

Key: Mianhae! But I've just found a seriously captivating fanfic!

Minho (chuckling): Again? You've been doing nothing else lately!

Key while filling his plate with all the delicious dishes Jonghyun cooked: Well, what can I do? They are just this awesome!

Minho just looks at him unconvinced. Thus, Key turns to Jonghyun.

Key: But you understand, right hubby?

Jonghyun: Of course!

Key to the maknae: And you too, right?

Taemin: I don't know... I've never read one of those fanfics... (smiles apologetically)

Key (scandalised): WHAAAT??!!! You...!!! No-no-no-no-no, this is unacceptable! This demands for immediate action!

He pushes his chair back and strides around the table to grab the maknae's arm and pull him up and towards the couch.

Jonghyun (reprimanding): Yeobo! Let the poor boy finish his dinner first, won't you? He has barely touched it!

Key: No! He can finish later! This is more important! Aish, him not knowing about the amazing world of fanfiction is intolerable! (Complaining to himself)

He ushers Taemin onto the couch and places his laptop on his knees. The screen is still showing the website he last viewed: AFF.

Key: Alright! Look here, this is one of the sites where our fans and fans of other KPop groups post stories about us.

Key continues to explain how the site is build up and how things work and Taemin listens attentively. (A/N: I think I can save you this part, right? ^^)

Key: So, I've made myself an account. This way I can subscribe to the stories I like and comment! So here, for example, (clicks on 'Subscriptions') are my favourite stories! Um... yeah. So, any questions?

Taemin shakes his head still processing all the new information.

Key: Okay, then… have fun?

He walks back to the table but turns around again.

Key: And don't you dare stop before you've read at least one fanfic!

Taemin: Yee, hyung.

Taemin then clicks on a random fanfic and starts reading. It's a Jongkey fanfic and he can't help but smile at the way the author portrays his hyungs. Sometimes they seem so real and then again it's like the author’s writing about some strangers! He then grows curious about stories about himself. He clicks on the tag 'taemin' and is surprised to see a whole lot of fanfics listed. He just choses one and starts reading. And the more he reads the more he has to agree with Key; the story is seriously captivating even though he doesn’t really recognise himself in the main lead despite him carrying his name.

Taemin (mumbling to himself): Omg, this is so greasy! I’m already embarrassed just imagining myself doing this! (reading a really sweet but greasy part ^^)

Suddenly Taemin’s stomach growls; he hasn’t eaten anything since lunch time.

Taemin: Okay, let’s find an oneshot so I can tell hyung I’ve read a whole fanfic and go back to dinner!

He goes back to all the Taemin-fanfics and looks for a story that doesn’t have more than one chapter. His eyes fall on a very new fic that carries the title ‘Dancing taught by Lee Taemin’.

Taemin: Me as a dancing teacher? Interesting...

(Clicks on it and starts reading the foreword with the summary)

Oh? I’m not a dancing teacher? But myself as a member of SHINee? And I’m teaching a random girl how to dance because she wants to leave an impression on her crush on her graduation ball?

(Proceeds to the character descriptions)

So, in this story, I’m quiet, kind, spoilt by my hyungs – haha, that’s so true! –, a hardworking perfectionist that always tries to please everyone – ahaha, I guess I am… –, only childish when my public image requires it, to which I’m paying a lot of attention btw – so true! I really do care a lot about how others see me! –, and the most diligent and responsible member of SHINee – okay, how did the author know this? Do I have a stalker?!

(Looks around the room suspiciously)

Wow, this author really understands my personality perfectly… Wonder how she or he did that?

(Seeing the character description of Eun Jung Hee, the girl he’s paired with in the fanfic, he scrolls down.)

And the girl I fall in love with is a total klutz and completely tone-deaf – haha, that’s cute! –, not really a chatterbox but knows how to use – haha, that’s phrased nicely –, has no idea what or who SHINee is – well, that’d be refreshing… –, cheerful and cute but has a complex about her appearance – eh, why??? –, and she can be very determined and persistent, if she wants – oh, a blockhead! ^^ But I have to admit that falling for a girl with such a personality doesn’t seem so bad… So… how do they meet?

Taemin clicks on ‘next’ to get to the first chapter; his empty stomach is completely forgotten. As he reads through the chapter he is again amazed by how authentic the author managed to portray him. Every word his fanfic-self says, every move it makes, he wouldn’t hesitate to do them too.

When he has finished reading the chapter he really wants to leave a comment but doesn’t want to do so with Key’s account. Thus, he just creates his own. He then subscribes to that story and leaves his first comment.

Taemin: Hmmm… I wonder if the author is a girl or a boy…

(Checks out the profile)

Omo, it’s a girl! And her profile picture is a photo of me! Is she’s from Korea? Her country isn’t shown… And how old is she? Her birth year is hidden… Will she reply?

 

---------------------------------

Hey everyone, here's the first chapter! ^^ I love their concert in Tokyo! That clip was the reason I fell in love with SHINee... *^^*