22nd Chapter

We Meet on AFF...

Scene 1: Switzerland, Leukerbad, Aaron’s hotel room (looks pretty much the same as Taemin’s on SHINee’s One Fine Day)

On the set: Aaron and…

Aaron opens the door and stares at a chest covered by grey knitted sweater with a v-neck. She tilts her head back a little to look at the person’s face.

And gasps.

And blinks.

And still blinks.

Aaron: T… Taemin…!

Taemin (smiling amused at her reaction): May I come in?

And without even waiting for her answer he walks in as if it was the most natural thing ever.

Aaron just stares at the now empty hallway for a little while longer before she finally manages to turn her head around and look at this person who totally looks like Lee Taemin’s biological twin. She blinks some more, still agape.

She turns to look at the hallway once more. And then back to Taemin’s twin, as if to confirm if what her eyes are seeing is truly real.

Aaron (totally blank): OhmyGod.

Taemin (smiling): What?

Aaron: Lee Taemin is sitting on the bed I just slept in and is talking to me. Oh my friggin’ God!

Taemin: I guess you must be quite shocked, huh… Come to think of it, I thought I was your bias? But no massive fangirling attack? (Pouts)

Aaron gasps: Not.Your.Aegyo…!

Taemin (raising his hands to his cheeks and tilting his head adorably): Why not??

Aaron whines: Nooooo~!

Taemin (cracking up): Hahahahaha, you’re so cute!

Aaron (blushing): Stop teasing mee~!

Taemin (trying to stifle his laughter): Arasso-arasso! But I really did expect you to be fangirling at least a little when you’d see me…

Aaron (grumbling): Don’t worry; my inner fangirl is going berserk as we speak…

Taemin (pouting): Why only the inner fangirl?

Aaron (puzzled): Huh? You seriously want to see me fangirl right now??

Taemin (smiling): Well, that’s how you really feel right now, no?

Aaron: Well, yes… but—

Taemin (still smiling): Then I seriously want to see you fangirl…!

Aaron (after staring at him touched for a moment): Gosh, why are you so kind?

Taemin: I’m not kind; I’m selfish…

Aaron: How’s that selfish?!

Taemin (grinning): So, are you going to fangirl now or not?

Aaron (humming and hawing): Umm… then… can I… have your autograph?

Taemin chuckles: Sure. Where should I sign on?

Aaron (thrown off track a little): Uhh~ I don’t really have anything with me…?

Taemin: Then on your arm maybe?

Aaron: No way! That’ll wear off after a few weeks! (Looks around the room in search for something suitable)

Taemin: Then I’ll just have to write it again?

Aaron: Ehh?! (Spots her bag on the desk opposite her bed) Ah! Maybe there’s something in my bag! (Walks over to the desk, grabs her bag, and empties its content onto the bed.) Oh, this’ll do! Here! (Hands Taemin her water bottle)

Taemin: You want me to sign on a water bottle?

Aaron: Yes; it shall be my greatest treasure from this moment on until the day I die! (Gives a serious nod)

Taemin chuckles: Arasso-arasso. Ah! But I don’t have a permanent marker…

Aaron: Crap. Me neither…

For a moment they stare at each other indecisively.

Taemin: You know what? We’ll just postpone the autograph until we’ve found a memorable item that I can sign on. And to make sure that we’ll find that item you’ll accompany me. How about it?

Aaron (blinking): A-a-accompany you?

Taemin (smirking): You don’t want to?

Aaron: Umm, excuse me while I go and fangirl for a second? (Intends to walk away but gets stopped by Taemin grabbing her arm.)

Taemin (smiling widely): Where do you think you’re going? I’m going to watch you fangirling until the very end so that I can later tease you about it to my heart’s content!

Aaron: Meanie!

Taemin (with raised eyebrows): So? Where’s the show?

Aaron (pouting): Fangirling doesn’t work on command…!

Taemin (suggestive): I’m going to have you accompany me for the rest of my stay here in Switzerla—

Aaron (while covering with both her hands and grinning like crazy): Kyaaaaaaa~!! (Attempts a pirouette and fails beautifully but doesn’t care.) Ohmygod-ohmygod-ohmygod! (Wiggles her body giddily) This lowly creature has met with the unbelievable luck of being able to accompany the outstanding Lee Taemin!!

Taemin: Seriously, when will you stop putting yourself down already…!

Aaron: And you stop interrupting my beautiful dream, Taemin’s visual twin!

Taemin (chuckling amusedly): I’m real you know?

Aaron: Ah, yes… you’re right…

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~!

(She then takes a deep breath and straightens up.)

Okay, I’m done now. But… (Looks at Taemin doubtfully) I can really accompany you today? Which reminds me; what are you actually doing here?? (Suddenly her eyes widen.) Are the others here too??

Taemin (still smiling): No, it’s only me. (And seeing Aaron’s slightly disappointed expression) Are you disappointed?

Aaron (truthfully): Well… a little? (Smiles)

Taemin: You probably would, huh…

He then explains to her the concept of SHINee’s One Fine Day and upon Aaron’s inquiry also his personal itinerary.

Aaron: So today, you’ll be going skydiving and paragliding? Cool! The weather forecast for today is pretty good so you’ll get to enjoy the nice scenery!

Taemin (exited): Right?

Aaron (seeing his excitement): Hehe, you’re really looking forward to it, huh?

Taemin (smiling broadly): Yeah…! (Looks up) Have you ever tried it before?

Aaron: Me? Haha, no… My mom would probably die of worry…!

Taemin: Really? She’s such a worrywart?

Aaron: Well, her worries are not completely unfounded. Skydiving and consort aren’t called extreme sports for no reason, right?

Taemin: I guess…?

Aaron (with a smile after having observed him attentively): Are you scared?

Taemin (hesitantly because he’s feeling embarrassed admitting it): …a little…? Haha…

Aaron: That’s good. (And as reply to Taemin’s puzzled look) That means you’re not completely suicidal! (Pulls a face at him)

Taemin (laughing): Yah!

Aaron: Hahahahahaha~!

 

Scene 2: Switzerland, inside the car on his way to skydiving

On the set: Taemin, filming crew

Taemin had told Aaron the address of the place where he was going for his skydiving experience and they had agreed to meet there again. They obviously couldn’t go there together for the crew would get suspicious, so they had decided to go separately.

Right now, Taemin is on a little bus that takes him to the skydiving location, taking some footage for SHINee’s One Fine Day.

Taemin to the camera: I… couldn’t sleep well last night… because I was so nervous and excited.

I mean I’ve gotten a confession from the girl I love! How could I possibly sleep after that?!

I had such a fitful sleep and now I’m crossing a river that should not be crossed.

I know I’m being selfish by getting her involved with me…

Crossing a river that I cannot go back…

I know that once I tell her, there will be no turning back…

A river with no turning back…

Telling her I love her is something I won’t be able to take back…

And yet I can only take this path.

He remembers what he’d said to the camera earlier this morning, even before he’d visited Aaron.

--- Flashback Taemin ---

Taemin (after walking around his room restlessly and checking the weather by looking out the window): Now, that D-day has come, really, I don’t know where to put myself. Since I’ve prepared it for a long time… (Fixes his hair) this is what I want to do the most.

If do it well, I will confess to my Wings. That is my promise. My new promise. Even though I didn’t know back then, but, ultimately, that is what I came here for…

(Looks out the window) The weather doesn’t seem to be too bad… (Sighs) What I feel right now is not a joke… (Massages his throat and then glances at his wristwatch)

Still fifteen minutes until my Wings will get her wake-up call… (Looks into the direction where Aaron’s room is situated) How would she react? What would she say? Would she—

Camera man (interrupting Taemin’s thoughts): What do you want to say to yourself after the challenge?

Taemin (after collecting his thoughts for a second): ’You’ve grown up.’ ‘Taemin-ah, you’ve all grown up.’ I wanna say that and pat myself. (Laughs) I am the kind of person who did skydiving…!

And managed to properly convey his feelings to the girl he loves. (Lies down onto his bed and grabs his winter jacked) That’s why…

I have to do it well.

I have to complete this challenge well so that I can use that courage to tell my Wings I love her…

Please cheer for me. (Hides his face with his winter coat)

--- End of Flashback ---

 

Scene 3: Switzerland, Lauterbrunnen, on the way to the place of take-off (some sort of open parking space surrounded by fields; in a valley

On the set: Taemin, Aaron, filming crew, skydiving crew

After Aaron has arrived at the building where Taemin has met with the skydiving crew, Taemin had secretly arranged for Aaron to be brought along as part of the skydiving crew. Thus, when they all move to the place of take-off, Aaron drives along in the car of the crew members.

Meanwhile, in another car, Taemin feels his rib reminding him of the fight he has fought not 24 hours ago…

Taemin: Man, it hurts like hell! How can it hurt so much?! But I can’t let them notice. I absolutely cannot let them notice! Because then the whole skydiving thing will be called off and that is out of the question. Therefore, pull yourself together, Lee Taemin! You can do it!

(To the rolling camera)

I can do this! (Pumps his arm and beams at the camera) I’m so excited~!

(A/N: I know that, actually, this is total crap. Because with a broken rib all you want to do is lie down and not move an inch. Going skydiving in such a condition is crazy. I don’t know how healthful the sudden drastic changes in air pressure are for fractures but I’m sure that the impact during the landing is poison. Moreover, if something happens and a splitter of the rib pierces the lung then it can quickly become life-threatening. So, what Taemin is doing right now is more than reckless!

But as I can’t just cancel the skydiving I’ll simply have to go ahead with it, use the uncreative excuse of this being a fanfic, and apologise for not being able to come up with a better idea… >.<)

 

Scene 4: Switzerland, Lauterbrunnen, on the way to the place of take-off (some sort of open parking space surrounded by fields; in a valley enclosed by almost vertical rock faces)

On the set: Taemin (now wearing a ‘y’ bright orange skydiving suit (A/N: God, I feel so embarrassed for my fellow countryman calling that suit y…! T.T I know we’ve got no Paris or Milan but, please, this is too much!!  *cries*)), Aaron, filming crew, skydiving crew

When they finally arrive at the place of take-off and Taemin sees other people landing, he quickly forgets about the hurting rib. He gets some more instructions about the jump and is once again asked some questions for the footage SHINee’s One Fine Day. But the whole time his eyes keep returning to a certain brown-haired girl standing a little further away and observing him attentively. He even manages to ‘speak’ to her through the camera…

Camera man: How do you feel right now?

Taemin (while flailing his arms and smiling broadly): I feel so good. Completely. (Then looks over to Aaron) I feel I can soar. I will fly~!

Because you are my wings.

Aaron then watches him with amusement as he does some other funny things to show his excitement. Like doing skydiving simulations or filming the sky with the camera attached to his chest… He truly seems excited like a little kid.

Yet somehow, Aaron just can’t shake off the feeling that something is wrong. She can’t really pinpoint it; in fact it is more of an intuition than something she sees in his expression or behaviour. But it’s as if his movements and smiles were forced in a way…

And as if Taemin has sensed her suspicion, he searches eye contact with her once more.

Taemin (smiling encouragingly): I shall go fly in the sky~!

I shall go and show my Wings how high you let me soar!

(Turns back to the camera and salutes)

 


I'm backkkkk!!! :DDDD

Though, now I've got to learn for my (ten!!! *faints*) exams... TT.TT but I still intent to continue updating! After all, I can't just learn, learn, learn for nine weeks straight...! --_--

Gosh, I've gotten so many comments!! *giddy grin* I so love you guys!! Thanks so much for all your kind words!! (I know I'm repeating myself but I just can't say it often enough... >.<)

Oh, and I'm working on drafting two new fics... ^.^ One starring Key and the other Minho... I'm debating on wheter I should already upload the forewords and descriptions just to see the reactions or not... Though, I will not start writing them unitl I have finished one of my current stories. Because then updates for each story would become even less often and I wouldn't want that. :) Hmmm... Are you guys curious? XDD