12th Chapter

We Meet on AFF...

Scene 1: Seoul, SMent building, practice room

On the set: SHINee

Ever since Taemin’s sudden trip to Europe the atmosphere hasn’t been all too well. Lee Soo Man and SHINee’s manager are clearly displeased with how Taemin just disappeared and completely ignored the consequences. And also Taemin himself is in a rather bad mood. It used to be so easy and comfortable to work with him but ever since he returned from his short absence of a few days he seems to have become a different person.

His hyungs are the only ones who at least have a guess what is wrong for they can already imagine what or rather whom their maknae has been visiting in Europe. That’s why they correctly suspect that something happened with that girl.

But since Taemin would only turn away annoyed whenever someone attempts to ask what is wrong, they all remain clueless what concerns the details.

Until one day during their practice Key manages to get Taemin talking about it. They are working on the choreography of their new single and for like the two-hundred-and-sixty-seventh time Taemin messes up his steps. Which is not like him at all. It is obvious that his thoughts are somewhere else.

Frustrated, Taemin kicks the air.

Taemin shouting angrily: OH, DAMNIT ALL!!!

His hyungs look at him and each other; worried and yet not knowing what to do. In the end Key gives it another chance.

Key gently: Seriously, just what are you this angry about??

Taemin: Yes, what am I still angry about? Before, I was angry at this Kevin guy because I thought he didn’t deserve her… But now that I’ve gone there and deemed him worthy, what is there left to be angry or sad about??

(Subdued) I don’t know…

The other’s eyes widen and they glance at each other. Okay… This is getting serious.

Onew: You don’t know? Didn’t you guys fight or something?

Taemin looks up caught.

Taemin: Fight? With whom?

Jonghyun (grinning): Oh come on! We all know why you flew to Europe…!

Taemin (while staring at the ground): You do?

They all give a positive reply and Taemin looks away embarrassed.

Key (probing): Soo~, what happened over there?

Taemin: I…

Minho: Did you have an argument like Onew suggested?

Taemin: No, we didn’t fight… I… (Bites his lip)

Jonghyun (urging him to continue): Yesss…?

Taemin: Ididn’tmeetheratall. (Lets out a huge sigh and slumps his shoulders.)

Key (shocked): You what?!

Jonghyun (incredulously): You mean you went all the way over there and didn’t even see her?!!

Taemin (defensively): No! I did see her! I even talked to her! But… (They all look at him confused.) She didn’t know it was me…

They groan and face-palm themselves.

Key: But—

Taemin (starting up): But what! She lives on the other side of this goddamn planet! And if she were to learn of my real identity, wouldn’t she want to meet with me?! Being my fan and all! And I definitely wouldn’t be able to refuse her! But do you think our fans would let it go?! When they already were like that when Minho hyung simply went out to a cup of coffee with Sulli?!! In the end she’s better off without knowing about me!! (Last sentence is said with a distraught edge to it.)

Taemin turns around and storms out of the practice room leaving behind four speechless people. They look at each other. Crap, this is really getting serious…

 

Scene 2: Seoul, SMent building, on a corridor

On the set: Taemin

Still heated up from his outburst earlier, he almost runs through the corridors without an actual aim. He turns the corner and nearly overruns the person walking towards him. He bows in apology without even caring who it is and continues his run.

(Entry: SHINee’s manager)

But his manager grabs hold of his arm and forces him to turn around again.

Manager: Taemin! Just who I’ve been looking for!

Taemin looks at him impatiently. His manager raises an eyebrow at him but decides to ignore Taemin’s mood. That’s what he’s been doing ever since he’d picked up Taemin from the airport anyways. As Taemin refused to tell anything no matter what.

Manager: I’ve just spoken to the president and there seems to be a new job for you. You got chosen as the partner in BoA’s MV for her new single called Disturbance. But you will be asked to act so you’re given the choice whether you want to accept or not. Please tell me your decision until the day after tomorrow, alright?

Taemin (a little dumbfounded): Yes…

Manager: Good. Here’s the screenplay. (Hands it over.)

(Exit: SHINee’s manager)

Taemin first stares at the screenplay for a few seconds but then starts leafing through it. It’s about a couple who somehow drifted away from each other and is now regretting it.

Taemin (bitterly): How ironic…! Although the circumstances are a little different... It’s exactly my feelings…

 

Scene 3: Internet, Skype

On the set: Aaron as TaeminsWings, Taemin as NamTei

TaeminsWings: Hey, NamTei! How was your day?? :D

NamTei: Well, just so-so… ^^ Yours?

TaeminsWings: Just so-so? Did something happen? You seem kinda down lately…? *worries*

NamTei: Haha, I wasn’t able to hide it from you, huh? But you needn’t worry; it’s not something serious…! :) Just…

Taemin contemplates on whether he should tell her or not.

NamTei: Just that I’ve been feeling down lately like you said… ^^

TaeminsWings: Oh, why are you feeling down, then? *concerned emoticon*

NamTei: *sighes* That’s the problem… I don’t know what it is that’s making me feel down…

TaeminsWings: Oh… hmm, maybe you’re just tired…? Maybe you should take a break? :)

NamTei: A break, huh… That’d be nice… ^^

TaeminsWings: You can’t?

NamTei: Well, to be honest, right now is a little difficult…

Taemin: I can’t just take a break after I’ve disappeared without an excuse for several days…!

TaeminsWings: Hmmm… Then make sure that you get enough sleep and eat your food, arasso? ^_^ And as soon as the “difficult time” is over you should ask for a break, oh?

NamTei: Hehe, you sound like my mother…! ^^

TaeminsWings: Ehehehe… *><*

But I was serious about it!! You really should look after yourself! :)

NamTei: Yes, omma! ;P

TaeminsWings: Yah! XD

NamTei: Hahahahaha!

TaeminsWings: Hmpf! *pouty emoticon*

NamTei: Hehehe…

But you know thanks… Now, I’m not feeling as down anymore… ^^

TaeminsWings: Really? Well, then I’m glad… (and forgive you!) ^^

NamTei: Yayyy! ;P

TaeminsWings: But you’re lucky, cause I’m in a good mood at the moment anyway… :DD

NamTei: You are? Why?

TaeminsWings: Err, well… there have been rumours that Taemin disappeared without a trace some time ago and I’ve been really worried ever since. But today SHINee had an appearance in a reality show and Taemin was there, too. Sooo, I’m really relieved now!! XDDD

Again, Taemin feels the weight on his chest that seems to be suffocating him but he chooses to ignore it.

NamTei: Oh, yes… I heard about that, too… but he’s back now, so you needn’t worry anymore! :)

TaeminsWings: I’m so glad! Phewwww~! ^^

NamTei: I also heard that he got asked I also heard that he got an offer to be Boa’s partner in her new MV… Do you Do you think I’d be he’d be able to do that?

TaeminsWings: Really?! :D So cool!! Congrats, Lee Taemin! Wherever you are right now!! Haha ^^ Hmm, but why do think he wouldn’t he be able to do it?? He is the most amazing and not to forget talented dancer I know! (Okay, I’m biased but still! *^^*)

NamTei: Well, that’s the thing… the MV will tell a story… so his dancing skills won’t really be of any use…

TaeminsWings: Oh… So that’s what you meant…

NamTei: Yeah… So, you still think I shou he should give it a try…?

Some time passes until TaeminsWings’ reply appears.

TaeminsWings: As a fan, I’d immediately shout YES, of course. Because fans always want to see as many different sides from their idol as possible…! ^^

But also… even if I consider a bit more than just my personal selfish desires (^^), I would still tell him to do it… :) Of course, I don’t know and he may actually have a phobia of acting or something ^^ but from what I’ve seen on clips when he’s joking around with his hyungs I think that he’d do great! Besides, to me he comes across as a person who thinks through his every action before executing it and acting in front of the camera gives one plenty of time for that… So, I think this offer would be a perfect opportunity to try out something new and gather experience…

Okay, please ignore what I just said!! *><* I just wrote down what came to my mind…!

Taemin: Why on earth would I ignore it?! You just sorted my own thoughts for me and presented me with such a simple conclusion that makes me want to smack my head for not having seen it before…!

 

Scene 4: Seoul, SMent building

On the set: Taemin, SHINee’s manager

The next day, Taemin tells his manager that he will accept the offer.

 

-----------------------

Sorry for the boring chapter... TT next will be better... ^^ (I hope ><)

Oh! And... OMGGG Taemin came to SWITZERLAND!!!! I almost had a fit when I saw him wandering around at "my" airport and almost becoming an internationally lost child in a clip...!! God, why didn't he say something?! I would have gladly guided him to wherever he wanted to go!!! XD (Of course I fully understand why he didn't... but stillllll!! ><)

Ha! I'm SO gonna use this in this fic!!! XDD (I feel like he's personally promoting my story... haha kidding ;P)