32nd Chapter

We Meet on AFF...

Scene 1: Europe, Zurich Airport below the departure board

On the set: Aaron, Taemin, passer-bys

For a short moment Aaron simply stares at Taemin’s closed eyes, as if her mind just short-circuited. But then her eyes flutter close and she unconsciously tilts her head a little. Her body automatically relaxes and moulds itself into his. His overwhelming scent envelops her and completely clouds her mind. The only sound she hears is the loud and wild thumping of her heart. Her senses are swirling and her whole body is tingling. Like she’s going to melt any moment; even her knees feel like jelly.

But just when they are about to give in an arm naturally wraps itself around her waist holding her up. Her hands somehow come to rest on his chest and the moment her mind catches up with that fact her cheeks blush an even deeper shade of red: She can feel his firm chest even through the blue shirt he’s wearing today. And Taemin seems to notice that because Aaron can feel his lips twitch into an amused smile. It sends warm shudders down her spine. And before she knows it she has wrapped her arms around Taemin’s neck too.

For a moment she is frightened by her own actions but then Taemin puts his hand on the back of her head and gently caresses it. Instantly all thoughts just dissolve into nothing. And then Taemin softly nips at her lower lip. Aaron gasps in surprise and wants to take a step back but Taemin doesn’t let her. Then she feels something soft and wet touching her lips and teeth and she frowns a little. It takes her a few seconds to realise that it is actually Taemin’s tongue!

But when she does, she does something that she, already two seconds later, wishes to delete out of this planet’s history desperately. There is a loud clacking sound and Aaron can feel Taemin halt in his movements.

And the said two seconds later, Aaron can feel the heat rise to her head. Because the clacking sound just now was nothing else but her teeth that she has bit together with full force!

Aaron (panicking slightly): I need Harry Potter’s invisibility cloak! Now!!

However, as that gift unfortunately isn’t bestowed upon her she decides to slowly open her eyes a little and take a peek at Taemin’s face. But she closes them again immediately. For Taemin is looking at her with a mixture of shock and amusement that makes her want to disappear beneath the ground right this instant. Since the invisibility cloak isn’t within her possibilities anyway.

Taemin (chuckling): Yah, were you trying to kill me or something?

Aaron (burying her face in her hands because Taemin still doesn’t want to let go of her): Oh God, I’m so sorry! Did I hurt you? I’m really sorry!

Taemin (grinning): Nah, I’m perfectly fine!

Hearing that, Aaron relaxes visibly. Be it God’s divine protection or Taemin’s inhuman speed of reaction, he had managed to retract his tongue just in time, thank the heavens!

Seeing Aaron’s relieved yet still dejected expression, Taemin can’t help wanting to a little more though.

Taemin (pouting a little): Except, my ego may have taken some damage... (Aaron looks up to him confused and also a bit anxiously) Am I that bad of a kisser? That you have to snap at my tongue…?

Immediately, Aaron lower’s her head and bits her lip while her cheeks grow redder and redder, much to Taemin’s delight.

Aaron with to her yet unknown desperation: Ground, please open up right now! (Of course, no reaction) Holy Ground, I hereby command thee to open up INSTANTLY!!

Taemin with an amused grin: Just what are you concentrating on so hardly?

Aaron without thinking: Trying to get the ground to open up and swallow me.

Taemin (choking): What?

Upon realising what she has just said Aaron closes her eyes with dread, cursing her stupid mouth. But it’s too late; Taemin is already clutching his stomach and laughing like a maniac.

But as he has now finally let go of Aaron, she uses the chance to turn away from him and even pretends to walk away. Taemin however is still quick enough to stop her from doing so by grabbing her arm.

Taemin (still trying to stifle his laughter): Alright, I’m sorry! I won’t tease you anymore! I promise!

After debating for a few seconds Aaron turns back around to him.

Aaron meekly: I’m sorry too. I really didn’t want to hurt you or anything! I was just so surprised… it being my first real kiss and all… (Blushes and looks away shyly)

And if Taemin had been even a tiny little bit angry, which he hadn’t, then this one confession of hers would have made up for everything.

Taemin (whispering with a smile after pulling her to his chest again): It’s alright. I know.

For several heartbeats they just stay like that, enjoying each other’s company so that they can remember it afterwards.

But finally, they can’t prolong it any longer.

Taemin (sighing): My Wings, I think I really need to go now. If I don’t want to miss my flight, that is… Which is gradually becoming more and more tempting…!

Aaron (while resting her chin on Taemin’s chest and looking up to him with an understanding smile): I know…

Taemin (continuing): So, Aaron, please do me a favour and look after yourself, oh?

Aaron (frowning confused): What do you mean?

Taemin (chuckling with a sigh): I mean, don’t climb on trees. Watch your feet when descending stairs. And—

Aaron interrupting him with mortification written all over her face: Wait, you saw all that?!

But Taemin simply decides to ignore her interjection.

Taemin (insistenly): And most importantly, please stay away from that Keving guy!

Aaron: But I don’t see anything more in him than a friend…

Taemin: But he doesn’t, and you know it! Seriously, the mere thought that there is a guy looking at you like that while I’m not there to tell him to keep his hands off drives me crazy! So PLEASE do me the favour and don’t get too close to him!

Aaron (with a touched smile): Alright. I won’t get too close to him.

Taemin (smiling somewhat relieved): Thanks…

Aaron: But the same goes for you! Don’t let me hear news of you flirting with some beautiful lady…

Taemin (while hugging her tightly): I promise won’t.

Aaron (mumbling against his chest): And let your rib heal properly. Don’t force things.

Taemin (smiling at her worries): I will.

Aaron: And don’t let them pack too many things into your schedule; you need to rest too.

Taemin: Arasso.

Aaron: Don’t skip meals because of your work.

Taemin (chuckling): Now you’re starting to sound like my mom…

Aaron (ignoring him): If there are crazy stalker fans pestering you, tell them to shut up and get a life. Others will understand.

Taemin: You’re even telling me how to do my work?

Aaron: And lastly, don’t worry too much about me. I’ve managed to get through life until now perfectly and nothing will change about that in the future. I’ll be fine.

Taemin: Yes… You’re asking the impossible right now…

 

Scene 2: Europe, the afternoon after Taemin has left on a wooden bench at the lakeside promenade of Aaron’s city; the summer sun is shining mercilessly hence anyone who can is near the water

On the set: Aaron, Carole, lots of passer-bys

Carole is staring at Aaron as if she is still not sure whether to be completely awed or to fear for her friend’s sanity.

Aaron: You talked with him on the phone and yet you still don’t believe me?

Carole just keeps her indecisive expression.

Aaron: Fine. Look here then. (Takes the winged heart pendant she’s wearing and shows it to Carole) He gave it to me…

She can’t keep the happy smile from appearing on her lips, which doesn’t go unnoticed by Carole and she narrows her eyes at Aaron. Still, her suspicions have not yet all been cleared.

Carole (inquiringly): You can find his signature on the web easily… How much did you pay for this?

Aaron rolls her eyes and sighs.

Aaron (getting a little exasperated): I did not buy it myself, really! Taemin gave it to me! (Exhales and looks away) I really didn’t want to use this…

Carole (frowning): Use what?

The sudden embarrassment in Aaron’s expression hasn’t escaped her. Aaron gives Carole a short glance and bites her lip. But then she momentarily closes her eyes, sighs again, and finally takes her mobile out of her bag. She types something on it and then shows it to Carole.

And as soon as Carole shifts her eyes from Aaron’s blushing face to her cell phone, her eyes widen to the size of saucers and falls open.

Aaron’s mobile displays the picture of no one else but Lee Taemin kissing the cheek of a flustered Aaron.

Carole after she’s found her voice again: And you didn’t photoshop that…?

Aaron exclaims: Carole! How on could I possibly photoshop THIS?!

Carole (finally starting to believe Aaron): If you’re kidding me, please say it now… (Takes the mobile from Aaron’s hand to examine the picture closer) I won’t be able to take it otherwise!

Aaron: I am not kidding you.

Carole (slowly): You met… Lee Taemin… from SHINee…!

Aaron (while trying to bite back the giddy grin that’s threatening to rip apart her face): I did.

Carole (blinking): And… and he… confessed… to you…!

Aaron (burying her face in her hands): Mm-hmm…

Carole suddenly looks up from the phone and observes Aaron with curious grin.

Carole: Wait… Did he kiss you?

And then Carole gets to watch Aaron’s head shooting up with a caught expression on the face that is rapidly taking on the deepest shades of red. For multiple reasons. Her eyes are darting around, unable to meet Carole’s. For several second Carole simply gapes at her friend, then…

Carole (shrieking loudly): OH MY GOOOOOOOOD!!

Immediately, countless heads turn in their direction and look at them startled and curiously. The two of them have completely forgotten that they are currently at one of the most frequented places of the city.

Carole thus in a toned down but still as excited voice: You guys kissed?! Lee Taemin kissed you?!

Aaron just nods shyly and Carole would have almost screamed out loud again if she hadn’t clasped her hands over tightly.

Carole (while only barely containing her excitement): And? How was it?

But the contrite face Aaron now shows is not the one Carole had expected.

Carole (frowning): Wait, what’s whit that complicated expression?

And once more Aaron wishes nothing more than for the ground to swallow her up. She only manages to give Carole a fake lopsided smile and looks away. But now there is no way for Carole to let it go.

Carole (urging): Huhhh??

Finally, Aaron gives in and sighs.

Aaron in a very small voice: I almost bit his tongue…

Carole (completely flabbergasted): You WHAT?!

Aaron (trying to at least explain herself): Well, it was my first kiss like that and… and the moment I realised it was his TONGUE that… I… I just… (Her voice getting smaller and smaller with every word)

Carole (not wanting to believe it): Oh God! You…! You…! (Too dumbfounded by her pitiful friend’s achievement to even speak for a moment) You do know that his voice is what he’s making a living from, do you?!

Aaron (while nodding sombrely): I do…

Carole (starting to find the whole story quite hilarious): And what did he do after you almost made him loose his job?

Aaron (pouting and grumbling): He made fun of me! He asked if I’d wanted to kill him and if he was that bad of a kisser for me to almost bite off his tongue…!

For a moment Carole just stares at Aaron blankly but then she bursts out laughing. She laughs so hard there are even tears rolling down her cheeks. Aaron finds it less amusing though and crosses her arms in front of her chest while staring at her friend sourly.

Carole finally between only barely stifled giggles: Seriously, I must hand it to that guy! He’s got even more humour than he shows on TV! (Aaron just huffs and looks to the side) But really, how could you just bite?! Our poor maknae must have had the shock of his lifetime! (Still in a joking manner) And all the fans! Just pray they will never know that they almost lost their idol! (But then her expression and voice suddenly turn serious) Speaking about fans and such. He is an idol, Aaron, insanely famous on top of that. And lives on the other side of the earth! Just how will this work?

Aaron (turning serious too): Honestly, I don’t know… But there’s nothing I can do anymore… (Looks at Carole with but a small smile) It’s too late… I can’t think him out of my life anymore…

Hearing her friend’s confession, Carole only sighs and looks at her with a helpless smile. But then she takes a deep breath, gently grabs Aaron’s shoulders and smiles at her encouragingly.

Carole: Well, whatever you do, whatever your decision, even if you change your mind midway, I’ll always be on your side. Just know that.

Aaron (the gratefulness laced through every single word): Thank you, Carole.

 


Hi, everyone! New chap is up ^^

First, I need to thank all the lovely people who upvoted my story so far!! <3 I came back from my three month AFF vacation and found this story had already 19 upvotes! XDD Really thank you guys so much!! <3 (Of course, this can't even compare to some other fics here on AFF, but I don't care about that ^^ It's you guys who think it's worth an upvote so I'm happy about that! :DD) Also, I know I used to thank everyone personally but I just can't keep track of it anymore, I'm sorry... ! >< Unfortunately AFF doesn't send me a notice when someone upvoted... :(

Then, I also got some friend requests recently of people who I don't know (yet). For the chance of some of them being among the readers of this fic I decided to quickly explain my "principles" for accepting friend requests here: It's quite simple actually, I don't accept friend requests from people who I don't know. Please don't take this personal or anything because this is simply my own definition of my "friend circle" here on AFF! (Okay, this sounds very weird now... *><*) Anyway, it just means that for me to accept a friend request I need to at least have exchanged some words with that person. Be that over a comment to my stories, a wall post (and not just one asking to check out some story), etc. However, I also won't ignore a friend request. Just because I haven't chatted with someone yet doesn't mean it won't happen in the future, after all... :DD Well, I hope this cleared some things... ^^