27th Chapter

We Meet on AFF...

Scene 1: Europe, on the Jungfraujoch

On the Set: Aaron, Taemin, the production team, other tourists, shop staff

Even though Taemin would have given everything to stay with Aaron longer, at some point he had to return to the production team. They had already been looking everywhere for him and are very relieved when he finally shows up again.

They still need to shoot Taemin on skis and it is already turning late. Thus, they quickly hurry to the shop and rent all the necessary ski equipment. Unnoticed by them, Aaron manages to follow them too and she rents a set as well. Growing up in a country that almost only consists of mountains, she has learnt skiing since she could barely walk and therefore knows her size perfectly. She is done in a flash and even leaves the shop before Taemin and the production team.

She then leans against the red tiled wall besides the door and waits patiently. Not long after, Taemin comes walking out and Aaron quickly hides behind the ski rack standing in front of the entrance. She holds on to her own pair of skis and ski sticks firmly, preparing herself to follow after them immediately.

But then, one of the team members who came out of the store after Taemin shouts something after Taemin. Confused, Aaron then watches him as he nods and walks back into the shop.

Aaron: Did he forget something?

However, she then sees the camera men positioning themselves around the entrance and focusing their cameras on the automatic sliding doors.

Aaron: Ah, shooting time… Figures.

She watches Taemin as he walks out of the rental shop wearing black ski pants, black ski boots with silver clasps, and a bright red ski jacket that matches his chestnut coloured hair perfectly. He’s holding the ski sticks in his left hand and is carrying a pair of skis still full with snow from their previous owner under his arm.

And recalling that he had said it will be his first time skiing, Aaron has to admit that he sure doesn’t look like it. Even though she doesn’t remember her first time walking in ski boots but she’s positive that it is a feeling that needs getting used to it.

Aaron (chuckling fondly): But he looks like he’s done it for ages…! Such a natural; looking all handsome by himself…!

(Rests her chin on one of the skis leaning against the rack she’s hiding behind; her eyes becoming dreamy)

And he said he loves me…

A silly grin spreads on Aaron’s face. No matter how many times she has already replayed that scene in her mind, whenever she thinks of it, she just can’t stop the giddiness from taking over her whole system.

But then another thought crosses her mind and her smile falters for a moment.

Aaron: Oh my God, does that mean he’s now my… my boyfriend? (And the smile is back on her face) LEE TAEMIN is my boyfriend?! As in… from SHINee?!!

(Looks at the person in question surrounded by his production team and blinks a few times)

I guess so…?

Kyaaaa~! (Clasps her hands over to keep herself from screaming out loud)

Sigh~ I’m one lucky girl! Hehe.

Aaron continues to watch Taemin; her expression gentle and affectionate. They are now at their fourth take and finally the director seems to be satisfied. As he gives the OK sign Taemin breaks out in a relieved smile and quickly glances at Aaron. The later immediately straightens up and blushes slightly, feeling as if Taemin had caught on to her thoughts.

But the next moment, he is already looking elsewhere again and starts walking towards the ski-slope. Aaron hurriedly grabs her skis and ski sticks and gets moving to. But before it, she throws a short glance back at the clock on the building. And she notices surprised that they had spent a good half hour on that one scene of Taemin walking out of the ski rental shop.

Aaron (thoughtfully while following after Taemin and the production team): It’s kinda funny… basic things like leaving a shop; things that I do every day and without even thinking about it take him so much time and effort… We really do live in two different worlds, huh…

 

Scene 2: Europe, somewhere on the glacier beneath the Jungfraujoch

(A/N: Another inconsistency: Actually Taemin didn’t go skiing on the glacier. He went skiing a little further down at an interstation called Kleine Scheidegg. In winter it is all covered in snow and it’s a beautiful skiing paradise but in summer there is only green grassland. So, in this story, Taemin will just go skiing on the glacier together with all the other crazy tourists who want to ski in the middle of summer… (ㄱ_ㄱ) (Yep, it actually happens… right beside the people walking on the snow in Hawaii shirts and flip-flops… Yep, I have seen it all…!)

On the set: Aaron, Taemin, production team, other people

Taemin has just mastered his first slope and Aaron has experienced the most nerve-wracking minutes of her live. When she had seen Taemin leaving the rental shop without a helmet or goggles she hadn’t given it much thought, thinking that someone of the production team was carrying it.

But now it turned out he hasn’t rented them to begin with! And when he fell down at the end of his first slope as a result of not knowing how to slow down Aaron thought her heart would stop!

Of course, she immediately sends him a message and he even reads it. But he just gives her a cute smile and continues!

Aaron (wrought up): I’m DYING of worry here and he just SMILES?!

But after a few slopes, she calms down a bit, when Taemin seems to be getting the hang of it. In fact, she almost a little enviously has to admit that for a beginner he’s doing it rather expertly. His skis are parallel and he even manages to make a few turns.

Aaron: And to think it took me several years to learn this…! Okay, I know I’m not a good reference for anything that concerns coordinating hands and feet… But still!

Aaron stops on top of a little hill and looks over to the little prodigy and his crew. They are all standing together and seemingly discussing something. But Aaron is too far away to understand their words and they are probably talking in Korean anyway. So, while waiting for them to continue she lets her eyes wander around. The scenery is beautiful. The setting sun is dipping the mountain peaks in a warm orange so that they appear as if they were glowing.

But Aaron also knows that in the mountains the night falls fast. She looks at the little group on the other side of the ski-slope again. They are still discussing.

Aaron: What are they doing?

Suddenly, one of them breaks out of the group and Aaron’s first reaction is to move onwards as well. But then she notices that he is skiing towards her and moreover, he is wearing a clearly identifying red jacket.

Aaron: Taemin? What on earth is he doing?! Why is he skiing towards—

But then he is already in front of her, smiling at her dumbfounded expression.

Taemin: Hey.

Aaron: Wha… What are you doing here?! (Glances around him at the production team only to see them all looking over) Everyone is looking!

Taemin (still smiling): I know. But—

Aaron: You know?! Then why—

Taemin: Shh! (Raises his in black gloves packed index finger, on which Aaron’s eyes immediately focus on) We kind of don’t know which way to take. (Moves his index finger to point at the slope that splits into two a little further down) So, instead of continuing our futile discussion and loose precious time I decided to just ask some “passer-by” (Does the quotation mark sign and grins) for directions.

Aaron (after opening and closing once): B-But you don’t speak English…! Well, at least that’s what they think…

Taemin thinks for a second but then he just waves it away with a charming smile.

Taemin: Oh, whatever! It’s not like they’re filming it right now, so who cares.

Aaron, defeated by his handsome face, can’t find anything to say against it anymore and gives in. She looks at the dividing slope to regain her composure before she refocuses her eyes on Taemin.

Aaron with an amused smile: Well then, let me tell that your whole discussion was all for nothing.

Taemin (confused): Huh?

Aaron with her smile broadening: That slope is not really splitting up into two different paths. (Nods towards the said object) You may not see it from here, but a little further down, they will come together again. So it doesn’t really matter which one you take…

Taemin (while giving her a look): You’re kidding.

Aaron grinning: I most certainly am not. Want me to prove it? I’ll go that way and you guys take the other one. I’m sure I’ll be a little bit faster than you guys so I’ll wait at the bottom. What do you say?

Taemin: Alright! (Then, grinning as well) But don’t be too confident about being first…!

Instantly, Aaron’s smile is gone.

Aaron (sternly): You drive slowly and carefully! You’re not wearing a helmet and, yes, I’m still not letting it go! It’s simply idiotically careless!

Taemin (smiling): Aww, you’re worried that much?

Aaron just glowers at him.

Taemin (reassuringly): Don’t worry, I’ll be fine. I’m a natural at this.

Aaron (mumbling under hear breath): Conceited…! (Then, louder for Taemin to hear) Fine, I’ll be going then. (Turning back to Taemin) And don’t you dare arriving down there before I do!

Taemin (while saluting): Yes, Ma’am!

Aaron rolls her eyes with a smile and drives off. Taemin waves at the production team and drives off too but takes the other slope.

And indeed, like Aaron had said, a little further down, the slopes come together again. When he gets there, Aaron is already waiting for him. He more or less gracefully stops beside her and looks at her pouting face.

Taemin: What’s wrong? Didn’t I arrive after you?

Aaron (the worry apparent in her voice): And didn’t I also say to ski slowly and carefully?! Why do you have to drive like my brother?!

Taemin has to laugh at her comparison.

Taemin: Like your brother?

Aaron (mumbling while looking to the side): De… He drives like an obsessed…! Making everyone worry…!

Taemin (biting back a smile): You’re really worried about me, eh?

Aaron just pouts.

Taemin (leaning in a little): But you know, I have an honourable excuse.

Aaron casts him a sceptic look.

Taemin (grinning mischievously): I just wanted to get to you as fast as I could.

Immediately, Aaron’s eyes widen before she blushingly averts them to the side.

Luckily, Aaron gets rescued from her embarrassment, when one of the crew members steps next to them and asks Taemin something in Korean.

Director: Um, Taemin? What’s going on?

Taemin turning towards the director: Ah, I asked her which slope we had to take and she said that it didn’t matter because they would come together again anyway. And to prove it we agreed to meet again after she had taken the other one.

The director nods in understanding.

Director turning to Aaron with a smile: Ah, okay. Well, thank you for helping us out.

Aaron (smiling back): No problem; it was my pleasure.

Director: Alright, well then, we should get going… (Gives a slight nod towards Aaron) It was nice meeting you. (Grabs Taemin’s shoulder, turning to leave) Let’s go.

But to his surprise, Taemin turns back towards the girl.

Taemin: You want to come with us?

Director to Taemin (confused): Taemin?

Taemin (ignoring the director): At the next restaurant I’ll treat you to something. As a thank you for rescuing us. (Winks at her)

Aaron just stares at him wide-eyed and glances at the director who looks just as stunned. But before she or the director get the chance to say anything, Taemin turns away and skis down the slope. But then he halts again and waves at her, motioning her to follow him.

Aaron swallows and gives the director an apologizing look before she skis after Taemin.

Aaron: That crazy idiot…

But at the same time she is grinning widely. Now, she gets to really ski together with her NamTei.

 

-------------------------------

I'm sorry for not updating last week! >< I don't know if you guys read the story feed (actually I don't know what exactly it is for but I thought I might just try it out once... *><*) but I fell of the horse last weekend and I hurt my head pretty badly. -_- Luckily I didn't have anything severe but just felt sore all over and was really tired (probably because of the shock and the medicaments I got).

Anyway, now the new chapter is up! I hope you guys liked it... ^^

Oh, and I have another concern:

Maybe you already heard of what happened with EXO and the wedding of Baekhyun's brother and already had your share of horror and sadness. For those who haven't, just google "EXO wedding crashed" or something and you'll get loads of hits... Or you might know of other incidents involving other idols...

Anyway, I got to know a friend here on AFF who had a very good idea (in my eyes) and I think her work (she wrote a letter from an idol to the Sasaengs) really deserves our support.

So here is the letter: Letters To A Sasaeng

Those, who feel the same, please subscribe, comment, and/or upvote! :))