17th Chapter

We Meet on AFF...

 

A/N: Um, in the previous chapter, I wrote this thing… and well, it’s been bugging me ever since. It’s about Carole thinking that ‘because Taemin is an idol he belongs to everyone’.

What I (or Carole) meant with that is that since he is an idol, he is also a public figure. Thus one might easily develop a certain feeling of familiarity; as if one is close to him in a sense. (Because one ‘watches’ him in all these situations on reality shows etc.) I did NOT mean that he belongs to everyone in the sense of he can’t get a girlfriend or something like that!!

Also, recently I read a conversation (http://theinnocentlam.wordpress.com/2010/10/19/kpoprumor-taemin-has-a-girlfriend-verdict-quite-possibly/; although it’s already quite old… ><) about that matter too and I just felt I had to rectify my sentence… >< ‘Cause I’m totally not one of those fans who’d go all ‘OMG, GO DIE, B!TCH! HE’S OURS/MINE!’ if he only as much as glances at a girl…!

I’m writing this story for the sole purpose of having fun imagining a nice story with a handsome male lead (that I admire) and because I want to share it with you guys… *^^* Anyway, I just wanted to have that said once… *><* Now, please ignore me, and enjoy the next chapter!

---------------------

Scene 4: Seoul, SMent building, meeting room

On the set: SHINee, their manager

For a moment SHINee is speechless.

Taemin (suddenly interested for more than one reason): Holiday?

Onew (while wagging his finger and dismissing it with a laugh): No-no-no, it can’t be true…

Taemin: It’s fishy. Very fishy!

They continue discussing with doubtful faces until their manager finally speaks again.

Manager: Until now, you only did what we scheduled for you. And you worked very hard. So this time, we’ll give you a vacation and we will just follow you. (SHINee slowly starts to believe that it might actually be real) This whole project is completely in your hands.

Jonghyun: Seriously? What we ride, where we go, everything??

Manager: Ye.

Onew (still not fully believing it): Including the places?

Manager: Yes.

Hearing this, naturally, there is one place that comes to Taemin’s mind instantly. Switzerland. His mouth slightly agape, his mind is reeling with all the thoughts that suddenly flash across his mind. But although this is the place he wants to go to most, he still doubts whether this would be the right choice. Because, after all, he’d already decided not to see Aaron again; he didn’t want to go through that again.

Manager (interrupting their thoughts and raising his hand with the pen to underline his words): However!! (Another artistic pause for the sake of tension) Everyone will go separately!

Immediately, SHINee breaks out in joyful shouts. Minho and Jonghyun even high-five each other.

Their manager then tells them that they have 2 days for deciding and planning and concludes the meeting.

 

Scene 2: Seoul, SHINee dorm, Taemin’s room, evening

On the set: Taemin

Despite his doubts, Taemin has decided to go to Switzerland almost immediately. He realised that things couldn’t continue like this and he knew that the only way to solve this was by going to Switzerland once more. He had intentionally mentioned a few other places during the interview to disperse any possible suspicions and had inwardly grinned at his hyungs reactions when he’d mentioned Las Vegas.

Right now, he’s sitting on his bed and chatting with the source of all his worries: Aaron.

(Entry: Aaron as TaeminsWings on Skype)

TaeminsWings: Really?! You’re going on a vacation?!! Whaaaaa, so cool!! So happy for you!! Glad, you took my advice seriously… ^^ hehe

Taemin: Oh, right. She did tell me to take a break… Hmm…

Hahaha, actually, it wasn’t my decision… it was the company’s… *scratches head* it’s still kinda work-related… ^^ But… if I could go anywhere, where would you suggest?

TaeminsWings: Haha, Switzerland, of course!! Lol Nah, in fact it’s boring… —.— I’d rather go to a place with sand, waves, and sunshine? ^^ How about… the Caribbean? Hahaha Or… well, I can’t suggest South Korea, can I? Cuz’ that’s one of the holiday destinations on MY wish list…! Lol

Reading this reply, Taemin can’t keep the broad smile from spreading on his face.

Taemin: Hmm? Why Switzerland?? *wiggles eyebrows*

TaeminsWings: Aw, crap! My fingers slipped… >< Actually, I’m Swiss… ahaha guess, you found out… *^^*

Taemin: You don’t say!

Hehehe, actually I already knew… ^^

TaeminsWings: What?! Seriously?! How??

Taemin: Um… Remember that time you sent me your picture?

TaeminsWings: Yes…?

Taemin: Well, that time, you told me you live in a country that shares a border with Austria and that the name of your country starts with an ‘S’. And then you also told me that your mother tongue is German. That only left Switzerland…

TaeminsWings: Wow, seriously? You figured it out just from that?? You’re quite sharp, huh? *grins*

Taemin (mumbling to himself): Haha, not really, I just wanted to know desperately…

Naw, not really, actually… *embarrassed*

TaeminsWings: Aww, you’re embarrassed! XDD So cuuuute~~! Thehehe

Taemin: Yeah, yeah…

TeaminsWings: Hmmm… What are you doing right now? ^^

Taemin: Packing, actually… ^^ We’re departing tomorrow… Yayyy! XDD

TaeminsWings: Already?! Nice~! ^^ Ehhh? ‘We’??

Taemin: Ah, my hyungs are going too… ^^ (Though to other places) So, our dorm is a big royal mess right now! Lol And they’re recording the whole thing with one of our cameras… —.—They’re being ridiculous all by themselves… ^^ Hahaha, but I still love them~! XD

TaeminsWings: Hahaha, sounds funny!! Well, then you better go and play too! ^^ You wouldn’t want to miss the fun, right? XDD Byebye!! And enjoy your vacation!!! ^.^

 

Scene 3: Switzerland, Leukerbad, somewhere on the snow-covered alleys in the early evening

(A/N: I know, SHINee’s One Fine Day was shot in the middle of December last year, and that was clearly deep winter… But as it’s the middle of summer in this story right now, I’m just going to pretend that, since Leukerbad is in the mountains, that there is snow there even during summer… —.— Well, actually, there will be more inconsistencies. Like the time it gets dark or the temperature (and thus clothing)… So I’m going to ‘adjust’ things a little. ><)

On the set: Taemin, filming crew

Taemin has been on the road the whole day. It feels unreal to him that it was only yesterday that he’d hurried through Incheon airport trying to catch his plane. Thinking that since he already knows how everything works, he’d been too lazy and gotten in a hurry at the end.

And then, the arrival at Zurich International Airport. While he walks through the snow-covered alleys of the mountain village Taemin remembers his pretence and smiles. It had been rather fun to act all lost and confused in front of the filming crew and secretly watch their reactions!

Taemin: ‘Together… with me in Switzerland… would you like to be a Missing Child?’ Ahahaha, that was the best!

But the truth is, the last time he went to Switzerland, he really had been like that! He had already thought he was never going to get out of that airport again, when he finally figured out which train to take…! That’s why he knew perfectly well how to play it this time.

He hums a melody that had come to his mind during the long train journey as he continues to wander the streets.

Taemin (humming): Hmmm, hm-mmmm, I had been driving, through an ice-cold landscape, hmm-mm, covered by a coat of snow, silent, like a lifeless sculpture, frozen, hmm-hmmm-mm, hmmmm

Then, seeing a steamy window on one of the houses he passes, he recalls how he’d written on the train window.

‘Taemin <3 KyoungSoon’

And how the crew had asked him who KyoungSoon was.

Taemin: Haha, of course, it’s my mother…! What did they expect?

But nobody had noticed the small wings he had also drawn attached to the heart.

Then, the cameraman asks him what he thinks about the scenery. (To get a footage where Taemin is not just wandering the streets lost in thoughts…)

Taemin: First, the night-time gives me a different feeling from the daytime… Those beautiful lightings, street lights, and trees… (Points at the different objects) They look very nice with the snow. Anywhere I look, it’s like a picture.

An empty picture, though…

(At the same time, turns away from the camera to look down the empty alley as he speaks to himself)

Though, there’s something… It just makes me remember again…

This street makes me lonely… As if to spite me, it reminds me again that I am in the same country as her and yet still so far away from her…

Look at me walking down this street all by myself… That’s why I was hesitating to come again…

Because I’ll just miss her even more…

I’m lonely. So lonely it feels like I could go crazy…

Taemin walks away a little. He stops again and throws a quick look over his shoulder. He’s smiling but he hides his eyes behind his bangs. Then he turns away again and extends an arm like he’s embracing a girl’s shoulder.

Taemin: Something should be here~ Like this~~

My Wings should be here…

(Then, reminding himself not to give himself away) But I have you guys, my fans~

Fearing that he wouldn’t be able to keep up his act, he quickly changes the topic to another one.

Taemin (while grabbing a handful of snow): Snow here is very clean. (Eats it) It tastes good. Would you like some? (To camera man)

After some further walking around, he comes across a telephone booth.

Taemin: Ahh, this place is just so beautiful~ Just so beautiful~ (Glances at the booth a second time)

And he decides to go inside. He takes of the receiver and dials a number.

Taemin (while leaning on the booth wall): Onew Hyung…

(Entry: Onew on the phone)

Onew: Taemin-ah… Did you arrive safely?

Taemin (affirmative): Mm-mm

Onew: You sound down… What’s wrong?

Taemin: Just… thinking stuff…

Onew (gently): About her?

Actually, when Taemin had been deciding on whether he should really come to Switzerland a second time, he had spoken to Onew and had told him almost the whole story. Onew is a good listener and he is older. He may appear clumsy and random at times but when the chips are down one can always depend on him. It isn’t only his age that got him the leader position.

And that time as well. He had listened quietly to Taemin, even though he surely must have already known most of it. Though, when Taemin had asked what he should do, he hadn’t given a clear answer.

‘Jonghyun is going to Japan to rest and play at our workplace. Key is going to London for shopping and making friends. Minho is going to chase after his beloved soccer. And I’m just going to laze around. Hahaha But that’s the purpose; I want to relax. So… what do you wish to gain from this trip?’

That’s what he had said. But it had made Taemin’s decision clear. That’s when he had decided. He would go to Switzerland. He would challenge Skydiving. And. Taemin promised himself that if he can complete that challenge successfully then he will go see Aaron once more.

But now that he is here, only separated by a few short miles, he is feeling insecure again.

Taemin: Uh-huh…

Onew: Didn’t you go there to show everyone that you’re all grown up now?

Taemin: Yeah…

Onew (gently encouraging him): Then go for it! Don’t hesitate. See it through to the very end. Oh?

Taemin (after thinking for a moment and with new-found courage): Neh! Thanks, hyung! Um, let me tell you this… Since the time we started as trainees… we’ve spent 7-8 years together…

Onew: (Chuckles silently upon hearing the change in the maknae’s voice) Mmm, it’s been quite a while…

Taemin: You’ve come to know me very well… so, truly… I can always rely on you… For that I am very thankful… !

Onew: So am I. For having you as my members. So… go for it and leave no regrets. So that when we come back, we can give it our all again!

Taemin: Un! Let’s keep it up and let’s be a very successful group as SHINee. Love you, all members. Let’s go for it~ Let’s make it Daebak~!!

Onew (encouraging): Fighting!!

Taemin (smiling again): Fighting~!!

 

Scene 4: Switzerland, Interlaken-West train station

On the set: Taemin with crew, passer-bys

To pass the time while waiting for the train to arrive, Taemin talks to the camera.

Taemin: As I said earlier, the transfer system here in Switzerland is really good. When you get off from a train, there is a subway or a bus you can transfer to right away. And the buses also stop right in front of the train station. It’s very convenient. Look~! (Turns around to the arriving train) There is no waiting time. You can transfer right away. But if you are late a bit… You’d be like this. (Does the cutting-throat hand-movement)

Man, I still remember the last time I was here I once arrived a mere minute late and the train was already gone… I had to wait a whole hour for the next one…!

They then get on the train. Taemin sits down and looks out the window.

Taemin: (Sighs) I want to teleport~

To Aaron… That’d be best…

He takes out his cell phone and opens the Skype app. Normally, it’s Aaron who starts the conversation first (because of the time difference) but as he is in Switzerland now too, he decides to give it a try.

Taemin: Heyyy Sleepy cat~ ^^ Up already?

As expected, he doesn’t get a reply though.

Taemin: Haha, that late riser must be enjoying her break, huh…?

But then, after a while, he does get a reply.

(Entry: Aaron as TaeminsWings on Skype)

TaeminsWings: NamTeiiii~!! G’morning!! Haha, though you’re going to bed soon… ;P What are you up to? ^.^

Taemin: Hey! :) Well, actually I’m still on the road… ^^ And being bored…

TaeminsWings: Seriously?! This late? Even during your vacation?!! Just what kind of company are you working at??? ^^

Taemin: Hmmm… well~ Actually, it’s still morning right now… hehe… ^.^

TaeminsWings: Huh? O.o Morning??

Taemin: Hehehe… I’m in Europe right now… :DD

TaeminsWings: Whaaaaat?!!!! Seriously?!!!! O.o *blinks*

Taemin can’t help but laugh out loud and earns a few bewildered glances of the filming crew.

Taemin: Loool

TaeminsWings: You’re kidding me, right?

Taemin: Actually…

Just then the snack bar passes by and Taemin quickly orders himself a cup of coffee.

TaeminsWings: Actually?

Taemin: Actually… no…

TaeminsWings: No??

Taemin receives the coffee and pays.

Taemin: No. As in I’m not kidding you… ^-^

Taemin picks up the sugar sachet, the content of which he intends to pour into his coffee.

TaeminsWings: Okay… Seriously???!!!

Taemin: Haha, yes, seriously!!

TaeminsWings: Where??? Let’s meet!!! *twinkling eyes emoticon*

Just being about to open the sachet Taemin’s hand slips and he spills the content all over the table. He laughs a little embarrassed towards the rolling cameras while his mind is reeling to find a suitable answer.

Taemin: Um… I’m sorry, Wings… but I think that’s going to be a little difficult… >< Mian~!

TaeminsWings: Haha, no worries! I guess it was too much to ask the goddess of luck for… *scratches head embarrassed* But it would have been difficult for me too, anyway… ^^ You see, I’m on a trip myself!! ^-^

Taemin: Oh, you are? Nice! ^^ Where to, if I may ask?

TaeminsWings: Well, now that you already know where I live, I might as well tell you, right? Hahaha… My classmates and I, we’re going to Bern for two days! (That’s the capital of Switzerland… ^^) Although I have a Swiss passport I’m ashamed to admit that I’ve actually never been to the capital of my own country… >.<

---------------------

Ahahaha, I said to just enjoy this chapter but it only turned out to be a(nother) filler chapter… TT.TT So sorry…! ><

But, ehehehe, the ones of you who’ve watched SHINee’s One Fine Day / Wonderful Day (attentively) know that this is a cliff-hanger… (Haha, I’m sorry for being evil… ^.^) And to the ones who haven't watched it yet I can only say: Watch it!! It's really good!!! XDD So sad that it's already finished... :(
Concerning that, have you guys watched SHINee's One Fine Day / SHINee's Wonderful Day? I'm asking because I'm not sure how much I need to write/explain in my fic so that you understand... :)
BTW: This chapter covers about Ep. 1-5 of SHINee's One Fine Day... ^^ (I watched and used as reference the videos on youtube uploaded by 
 airyarielle0718