7th Chapter

We Meet on AFF...

Scene 1: South Korea, at the set for the filming of a reality show

On the set: SHINee, MC (A/N: I’m imagining someone like StarKing’s MC… ^^), audience, filming crew, staff, etc.

SHINee is sitting on their respective chairs and the audience is waving their banners quietly as the show has just started. The camera is focussing on the MC.

Minho glances at Taemin. Ever since yesterday evening the maknae has been in a bad mood. He would heave sighs every now and stare into space gloomily. But after a few seconds he would then furrow his brows in irritation, sigh again, and walk away with a frustrated expression. There was clearly something bothering him.

But Minho isn’t given the time to think about it further, as the MC announces them as todays guest and the camera pans into their direction. They all stand up and do their signature introduction.

SHINee: (They bow) Anneyeonghaseyo~! naneun SHINee imnida! (A/N: Translation: Hello~! We are the Shining SHINee!)

They sit back down and the MC asks some questions to their recent activities and especially their new MV. Then they finally get to the main part of the show. Before the show the guest group decides on a challenger for each of their members. Of course, each member doesn’t know whom his or her group mates have chosen. During the show each member then competes with his challenger. The event in which they compete is chosen by each member before the show.

They draw by lot who’s going to go first. It’s Minho.

MC: So, let’s see who your competitor is… (Grabs the dark blue envelope with ‘Minho’ written on it from the table and opens it) They’ve chosen… (Some beats from Super Junior’s Superman are played while the camera pans over to the stage) Super Junior’s… (The doors open revealing a tall figure) CHOI SIWON!! Welcome!

(Entry: Choi Siwon)

Key and the MC both walk over to greet him. The MC asked him some questions before he looked at the blue card again.

MC: So… The thing Minho wishes to be challenged in is – oh my, this will be interesting! It’s cross-dressing!!

Onew, Jonghyun, and Key jump up from their seats and Jonghyun points at Minho accusingly.

Jonghyun (indignantly): Then what were all these comments about how hard you’re working out during the past few days for?!

Key (miffed): We thought you would surely choose some sport to compete in!

Minho (grinning at them): Of course. That’s why I chose cross-dressing…!

Onew (also surprised): You mean, you planned this?!

MC: Hahaha, looks like Minho outwitted s… But either way, let the competition begin!

The staffs bring in two curtains and hang it up in front of the two contestants. Immediately stylists come rushing over and get to work. They have obviously known beforehand and have prepared an outfit.

Minho’s hyungs slump back on their seats.

Key (still stunned): Wow. He really hates to lose…! To even go to such lengths! (Turns around to Taemin) Did you know?

Taemin (absent-mindedly): No.

Key: No?! Then how can you be this impassive?!

Jonghyun (indignantly): Yeah! I mean he tricked us!

Taemin just starred at them: Whatever… (Turns away sighing)

Jonghyun and Key look at each other:

Jonghyun (frowns): What’s wrong with him?

But then the MC announces that Siwon and Minho are done changing, so Key just shrugs and focuses his eyes towards the stage.

The curtains fall to the ground and two rather manly looking girls are revealed. Needless to say, it’s a quite interesting sight. And of course Minho, wins by far.

Siwon then more or less gracefully walks out and Onew, Jonghyun, Key, and Taemin draw again. This time it’s Taemin.

MC: Alright then! Now, as for the challenger your hyungs have chosen… (Opens the yellow envelope) It’s U-KISS’s… (Beats of song Dancing Flow) KEVIN!!! Welcome!

(Entry: Kevin (A/N: Okay, I’m just going to pretend that Kevin is the main dancer of U-KISS instead of a vocalist… ><)

Taemin (annoyed): Kevin? Great! Just perfect! Out of all the KPop idols out there they just HAD to choose the one called Kevin, huh?!

But nonetheless he gets up and walks over to the stage.

MC jokingly to the audience: You know, if they (nods towards SHINee) hadn’t chosen him themselves, I’d just have added him to the guest list myself…! Because there’s this one thing I’ve been dying to ask! That is… how did you manage to get such a cute girlfriend?! Because girls always run away when I approach them…! (Acts as if he was really affected by the fact ^^)

The audience laughs at the MC’s stagy display.

Taemin: Got a girlfriend? Tsk, bet he seduced her by calling her laughter pretty…!

Kevin while scratching his neck embarrassed: Ahaha, well…

MC to the audience: Aigoo, he’s embarrassed! Such a cute boyfriend, right?

The audience answers with agreement.

Taemin: Pfshh…! Cute, my ! All pretence…!

MC to Kevin: She’s really lucky to have caught you!

Kevin (a little sad): Well, except for my busy schedule… I can’t help but wish we could spend more time together… (Smiles apologetically)

Taemin: See?! In the end she’ll be waiting at home while he’s out partying with fellow female idols…!

MC: Aigoo, so loving! Will you date me after her? (Again said in a joking manner of course)

Kevin (playing along): Hmmm, I’ll think about it…!

MC: Ahh, I’m glad! Now I can continue the show without qualms…! (Then, more seriously) So, let’s see what Taemin wishes to compete in… (Looks at the yellow card again) It’s DANCING!! I guess we can expect for things to get intense…! Alright, the challenger will go first!

Taemin and the MC move to the side of the stage while Kevin positions himself in the middle. Then the music sets in and Kevin starts dancing.

When he’s done, there is a second of rapt silence before the audience and everyone else starts applauding fervently; he was amazing! As expected.

Then, Taemin and Kevin walk towards each other. They exchange a look before they pass each other and each walk over to the place the other has stood before. Both saying that they’re not going to lose.

Taemin: I cannot and I will not lose. Not to a guy carrying the same name as that bastard! And not when my Wings is watching! And no doubt she IS watching!

Again, the music sets in. And in the first few intro beats Taemin makes a decision and throws all the dance moves he has prepared for today overboard.

And he starts dancing in a way he has never before. His movements are sharp, clear, and powerful. It’s similar to Maxstep (A/N: As reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au5fic4IqEs) but not as cold. It’s more fierce and offensive. Yet swift and precise. Like an enraged dancing samurai.

Taemin is clearly winning when his eyes coincidentally drift over the name sign on Kevin’s chest.

--- Flashback Taemin ---

TaeminsWings: Yup! Kevin said I had a pretty laughter, bleh! ;-P

---

TaeminsWings: (…) He’s really nice and funny :D I think I will be good friends with the two of them…!

--- End of Flashback ---

And, as Taemin is in the middle of a jump, this one second of not focusing causes him to miss the landing. He loses his balance and falls.

Taemin aggravated: Oh, to hell with all the Kevins!!!

But he gets up again and finishes the dance. The victory is lost though.

 

Scene 2: South Korea, Seoul, SHINee dorm (his hyungs went out for a drink after the show so Taemin figured he might as well stay in the dorm)

On the set: TaeminsWings, Taemin as NamTei

It’s already late at night in South Korea and TaeminsWings has not written anything yet. It is usually TaeminsWings who starts the conversation indicating that she is up. But now the clock hand is moving towards eleven o’clock at night and Taemin is growing impatient and worried.

NamTei: Hey, Wings? Are you still not online yet? Did something happen??

But finally TaeminsWings answers.

TaeminsWings: Omg, I’m sooo SORRY!!!! >><< But I just watched the reality show SHINee was in tonight but then Taemin fell during his dance competition, which makes no sense at all! So, I searched the Internet if anyone knows something but apparently everyone is as clueless as me… And most even think he just slipped or something! But I know he didn’t because it’s just not him! And besides, his expression and behaviour were slightly off even before he danced…! So I’ve been worrying ever since!

*sighs* I know, I’m probably just overreacting… =_= Sorry…

Taemin (while unconsciously smiling a little): She noticed all that just by watching a reality show…?

NamTei: No problem ^^ I heard about it so I guessed you’d be probably preoccupied by it…

But you shouldn’t worry too much, I’m sure he’s alright! He just fell…

Taemin: I was just distracted at an unfavourable moment…

TaeminsWings: I don’t know… His facial expressions and the air about him… It just feels like something was bothering him… *frowns*

Taemin: Wow, she really is amazing…!

NamTei: Really?

TaeminsWings: Yeah… And the way he danced…! I’ve never seen him dance like that before! So fierce and powerful… It was like he was fighting for real…! I just can’t figure out whom or what! *frowns again*

Taemin: Yup, I was fighting alright…!

NamTei: He was fighting? Maybe he was angry at something…?

There is a short pause before TaeminsWings replies.

TaeminsWings: Omg, YESS!! That’s exactly it! From the very beginning of the show there was annoyance laced through his expressions! Even when he smiled! But when Kevin came onstage it turned into anger…! Why though? He wouldn’t feel such animosity towards someone without a good reason!

Taemin: Oh yes, he will…! I have no reason whatsoever to feel animosity towards that Kevin of yours and yet I hate his guts!

NamTei: I think you might be looking at him too highly… :)

TaeminsWings: No, I’m not. Besides, I feel that there is something more to it… It wasn’t just anger… *thoughtful emicon*

Taemin: Something more? I don’t think so…

NamTei: You sure?

TaeminsWings: Fairly sure…! ^^ If you’d ask me he was unhappy about something… but was indecisive whether to something about it or not… so he felt frustrated… aish, I don’t know! ><

Taemin: ‘Unhappy about something’? Does she mean the fact that I wish she wouldn’t live an 11-hour-flight away…? Then, me being indecisive would refer to me not knowing whether I should visit her…? And that’s why I feel frustrated…?

Damn, she is right!!

Okay, this is getting scary…! How can she know me so well – even better than I do myself! – without having met me in person even once?!

Taemin shakes his head in disbelieve but strangely he feels comforted.

NamTei: You really shouldn’t worry… :) He is alright!

TaeminsWings: You know, sometimes you really sound like you’re Taemin yourself… ^^ I mean the way you reply… ^^

Taemin: Aigoo! Will you stop being so observant, please?!

NamTei: Haha, thanks! ^^ I guess I should feel honoured, huh? ;-P

TaeminsWings: Yes, you better be!! Lol

NamTei: Lol So, managed to calm down a little? About Taemin, I mean? :)

TaeminsWings: Hmm, a little… :) I’m still worried though… ^^

Oh, btw! Don’t you think it’s funny that donutinlove’s childhood friend and Taemin’s challenger are both called Kevin? It kinda gives me a weird feeling… haha

Taemin: Just why WHY did you mention that bastard?!!

NamTei: Yes, very funny

TaeminsWings: You don’t think it’s funny? I imagined my Kevin competing with Taemin… lol

Taemin (enraged): MY Kevin?!!!!

NamTei: YOUR Kevin?!

TaeminsWings: Well, like not Taemin’s Kevin…?

NamTei: Oh… okay…

TaeminsWings: Is something wrong? Your mood seems somewhat strange… *concerned emicon*

NamTei: Well, no…

TaeminsWings: But?

Taemin: Should I tell her? That I think that HER Kevin is not what he seems…?

Well, why not?

NamTei: It’s just that I don’t like this Kevin of yours…

TaeminsWings: Huh? But you haven’t even met him… or chatted with him… or have you?

Taemin: No, I haven’t…! And I don’t need to!

NamTei: No, but my intuition just says so.

TaeminsWings: Well, I guess your intuition must be wrong then… :) Because he really is nice! He’s funny and kind. He even went back to the lecture hall to get my coat for me because I’d forgotten it! :D

NamTei: Sure, sure. That’s how it begins…

TaeminsWings: Seriously, NamTei! What is wrong with you today?! Kevin really is no bad guy! If we were in Korea I’d even call him oppa…

Taemin: OPPA?!!!!!

Suddenly Key puts his head through the door. He and the others have just returned.

Key (curiously): What are you shouting around in the middle of the night?

Taemin (disgruntled): Nothing! So get out!

Key backs away surprised: …okay…? (Then mumbling to himself) Just what is wrong with him today?!

Key carefully closes the door again and Taemin refocuses on the conversation with TaeminsWings.

NamTei: Well, I’m relieved you’re not in Korea then…!

TaeminsWings: What?! Um, are you really NamTei right now? ‘Cause this is so not you…

NamTei: Well, I’m sorry! I can get angry too! Especially when I try to help someone but that someone is just too stubborn to accept my help!

TaeminsWings: Didn’t I just say that he is a NICE person?! Why can’t you believe me?!

NamTei: Because you’re a girl and would believe anything he said!!

TaeminsWings: Are you implying that I’m being seduced?!! I’m not that dumb, thank you very much!!!

NamTei: Getting seduced has nothing to do with the victim’s intelligence!!

TaeminsWings: I’M NOT A VICTIM!!!!

NamTei: YES, YOU ARE!!!!!!

TeminsWings: You’re mental!!

NamTei: My psyche is fine, thanks for your concern!!!

TaeminsWings: You know what?! This is ridiculous! I have absolutely no obligation to you whatsoever!!! Why am I even trying to justify my actions in front of you?!

NamTei: You DO have an obligation! You are my friend!!! So I worry!!

TaeminsWings: Friend, my !!! A freaking old wrinkly grandpa with ic intentions you are!!!! Oh my God, and I told you all that stuff about me…! I dare you do something!! I’ll call the police and sue you!!! I SWEAR!!!

NamTei: A FREAKING OLD WRINKLY GRANDPA WITH IC INTENTIONS?!!!!!!!!!!! JUST WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!!!! I'M A 19-YEARS OLD HANDSOME GUY THOUSANDS OF GIRLS FAWN OVER!!!!!

TaeminsWings: AND I AM EINSTEIN'S DECEASED BROTHER!!!! HANDSOME BOYS DON'T NEED TO PICK UP GIRLS OVER THE INTERNET!!!!

NamTei: THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?! UGLY WITCH!!!

TaeminsWings: OKAY! I'M NOT LISTENING TO YOUR CRAP ANY LONGER!!!! HAVE A NICE LIFE! HOPE YOU DIE EARLY AND GO STRAIGHT TO HELL!!!

NamTei: EVEN BETTER! ANY MORE OF YOUR NONSENSE AND MY MIND WILL IMPLODE!!!

They both sign out and stare at the screen angrily. But after a while they calm down and regret envelops them.

Taemin: ‘Ugly witch’?! How could I call her an ugly witch?! Am I crazy?!

Aaron: ‘A freaking old wrinkly grandpa with ic intentions’?! Just what the hell had gotten into me?! Am I crazy?!

 

------------------------

Ahhh, they fought... T.T