13th Chapter

We Meet on AFF...

Scene 1: Internet, Skype

On the set: Aaron as TaeminsWings, Taemin as NamTei

Despite everything that happened Taemin couldn’t just stop chatting with TaeminsWings. Because, after all, she had no idea what happened. And besides, he didn’t WANT to stop chatting with her…

TaeminsWings: Hey, NamTei!! Have you seen?! BoA’s new MV is out!!! Featuring Taemin!!! XDDDD He really accepted the offer!!! XDD

NamTei: Uh-huh… ^^ you like it?

TaeminsWings: Like it?! LIKE IT?! I’m frickin’ in LOVE with it!!!! Kyaaaaaaaa!!!! Taemin is sooooooo HANDSOME!!!! *pines* Gosh, I think I fell in love with him all over again!!! *squeallllllll~*

Reading those words, Taemin feels strangely irritated at the guy in this MV.

Taemin: But, hell, that guy is ME!!! If it weren’t such a ridiculous thought, I’d think I’m jealous of myself…!

NamTei: Well, I guess he must have done a good job then…?

TaeminsWings: Obviously!!! Although…

NamTei: Although?

TaeminsWings: Well… some parts/expressions seemed kinda unnatural… ^^’ (like one of the crying scenes…) But that’s just why I think he’s done a good job…! I mean why would I want my bias to have good chemistry with his noona idol?! Pfshh! Crying FOR HER the way he did is already done more than a good enough job!!! Aishhh!!

Why didn’t you tell me that he’ll have to act as her BOYFRIEND?!!! Then I might not have said he should give it a try…! ^^

NamTei: You’re not, by any chance, jealous, are you??

Taemin can feel a delighted grin spread on his lips.

TaeminsWings: So what if I am??! *pouts* Hrmpf!

Now, Taemin is smiling broadly; just that one confession makes him feel insanely happy.

NamTei: Aww, that’s so cute!! ^^

TaeminsWings: Pfshhh…!

NamTei: No, seriously! I think your cuteness just made my day! ^^

TaeminsWings: Good for you, then! *pouts*

NamTei: Aww, come on…! ^^ Why are you angry at me anyway?? What did I dooo~? *does aegyo*

TaeminsWings: ‘Cause you’re making fun of me?!

NamTei: But I’m not! *pouts innocently*

TaeminsWings: Hehhh… I’m not getting fooled by you! Hmpf! ;)

NamTei: No, I was being truthful when I said that you’re cute being jealous like that! :) Chincha!!

TaeminsWings: But why would you find that cute?? O.o

NamTei: Can’t I?

TaeminsWings: No… that’s not what I meant…

You know what; let’s drop that subject! ^^ How are you? Feeling better? :)

NamTei: Well… kinda…? :) Chatting with you helps…

Taemin isn’t lying about that; whenever he is chatting with TaeminsWings like now, this aching and suffocating feeling in his chest will ease a little. In fact, chatting with her is the only thing that helps at all…

TaeminsWings: Heh, really? *><* Well, I’m glad I can help… :) In that case, let’s chat until our fingers bleed…! ;P

And if there’s anything else, just tell me okay?

NamTei: You’re being too nice…! :) But thanks anyway! :D

TaeminsWings: No, I really mean it! I also won’t mind, even if it’s in the middle of the night! Okay? :) Just give me a call! I won’t be on Skype by then but if you call this number (00-XXXXXXX), I’ll most likely pick up! (It’s my mobile… ^^)

Taeming (positively surprised): She’s giving me her number…? (Saves it to his contacts immediately.) Should I…?

NamTei: You’ll pick up your phone in the middle of the night?  For me?? :O Well, in that case; mine is 00-XXXXXXX… so you’ll know who it is that’s disturbing your sleep… *^^* I don’t think I ever will, though! ^^ But thanks for the offer, anyway!! :DD

 

Scene 2: South Korea, SHINee’s dorm, around 10 pm on the 18th of July

On the set: Taemin

It is only about one week later though, when Taemin has to go back on his words.

His hyungs have all left the dorm after a short dinner prepared by Key by saying they have plans for this evening. And they had all been suddenly in a hurry when Taemin had asked for details. Thus, Taemin is now all alone in the dorm on this special day.

Special because, in fact, it is his birthday.

SHINee has had a very busy schedule all day, so Taemin thought to himself that they just couldn’t find the right moment. But when even during dinner none of his hyungs said anything, he had to face it. His hyungs had actually forgotten about their maknae’s birthday…

He would be lying, if he said that he didn’t feel a little lonely and abandoned because of it. But there was nothing that he could do, was there…

He sits onto the couch and gloomily browses through his contacts. His family and friends have long called or sent a message and congratulated him. Even his fans had remembered to send him their Happy Birthdays… And his Wings, too…

A small smile creeps onto his face remembering that particular exchange of words with her.

--- Flashback Taemin ---

TaeminsWings: NAMTEIIIIIIII!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYYYY!!!!!! :DDDDD <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Rise and shine!!! It’s YOUR day today! XD On this day 20 years ago, the world got enriched by a very wonderful person! Which is something I’m very grateful for as it made it possible for me to meet you. Thank you for being born! :)))

A huge list of qualities, skills, and what not that were characteristic for a person born on this day follows. Taemin has no clue which unthinkable places she got all that information from.

She has sent it at exactly six o’clock in the morning. Recalling that he has told her that he will have to get up at that time, Taemin feels really touched by her thoughtfulness. He immediately writes back without even bothering to get out of bed first.

Taemin: Aigoo~! Thank you so much!!! :DDD <3 <3 <3 <3 Such a nice way to start my birthday! :DD

(But just where did you get all that information from?? O.o)

TaeminsWings: Yayyy, you’re up!! :DDD Happy B-Day!! (Again! ^^) Haha, I just copied together whatever I found… *^^*

Just then, Key looks over Taemin’s shoulder trying to see what the maknae is doing on his tablet but Taemin quickly hides it under his blanket.

Key (teasing): Aigoo, now you guys are even chatting after you’ve just woken up…? (Grins)

Taemin just gives him a look and Key walks away again but only after winking at Taemin.

Key (while walking out): But hurry up, we’ve got a tight schedule today!

Taemins sighs and types a fast reply before he throws the blanket back and gets out of his bed.

Taemin: Hahaha, that sounds just like you…! ^^

And I’m really sorry but I need to go now; my schedule is really packed today… T.T

--- End of Flashback ---

Yes, none of his hyungs remembered that it is actually his birthday…! Taemin looks at Minho’s contact, frowns, and scrolls down.

Taemin: Aish, who cares!

Suddenly, he stops; one contact capturing his attention in particular:

"My Wings" it reads.

And again he remembers his conversation with her.

--- Taemin Flashback ---

TaeminsWings: Heh, really? *><* Well, I’m glad I can help… :) In that case, let’s chat until our fingers bleed…! ;P

And if there’s anything else, just tell me okay?

Taemin: You’re being too nice…! :) But thanks anyway! :D

TaeminsWings: No, I really mean it! I also won’t mind, even if it’s in the middle of the night! Okay? :) Just give me a call! I won’t be on Skype by then but if you call this number (00-XXXXXXX), I’ll most likely pick up! (It’s my mobile… ^^)

--- End of Flashback ---

He checks the time; about ten pm…

Taemin (mumbling to himself): That’s… about lunch time in Europe… Shall I give it a try…? (Looks at his mobile unsure.) …nah, I’m not that desperate, am I…?

But then, he really feels like hearing her voice…

He tries to recall how she sounded back in Europe when he exchanged pastries with her but finds his memory too hazy to remember a clear sound.

His thumb hovers over the call button…

 

 

And taps the touchscreen once.

He then slowly lifts the mobile to his ear. After three rings, someone picks up.

(Entry: Aaron on the phone)

Aaron (a little shaky): H-Hello? N-NamTei...? Is this you?

Taemin (smiling slightly): Yes, this is how her voice sounded…!

Hey, Wings. Yes, it’s me…

Aaron: Hi…

Taemin: Hi...

There follows a short and maybe a little awkward silence.

Aaron: So, you called…

Taemin: Yes, I did…

Aaron: You know I kept wondering whether you would actually do it or not… (Laughs shyly)

Taemin: Well, I’ve been debating about it… (Laughs shyly as well)

Aaron: Huh, why? Didn’t I say that you could call whenever something’s up?

Taemin: Yes, you did… but…

Aaron: But?

Taemin: There is nothing up really...

Aaron: Then why did you call? (Guickly adds) Not that I’d mind though! I'll gladly pick up your calls even when there's nothing going on!

Taemin hastily contemplates on whether he should tell Wings but then decides against it. Why bother her with something like that…?

Taemin (fibbing): Um, err… to thank you for congratulating this morning! I really wanted to do it personally! And not through texting…

Aaron: Wow, thanks! I guess…? Haha… So did you have a good day?

Taemin: Well, it was busy like I expected but I guess it was alright?

Aaron (a little dazed): That’s good…

Taemin (curious and a little worried): You alright? You sound a little… strange?

Aaron after a short pause: Okay, don’t get this the wrong way… but, do you have a girlfriend?

Taemin (slightly taken aback): No?

Aaron: Then are you gay?

Taemin: Haha, of course not! But what’s with those questions?

Aaron: Then I don’t understand the girls over there! How can they let a guy like you, with an awesome personality and a voice that sounds even better than Lee Taemin’s – and I assure you until a few seconds ago I would have called anyone who’d told me there existed a voice more heavenly than his a liar! So how can they let you still walk around single?!

Taemin, after the initial surprise, wants to laugh out loud but tries to hold it back.

Aaron (glumly): Don’t bother hiding your laughter. It makes you sound like a chortling pic…

Taemin: PWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Aaron (mumbling): Yeah, yeah… I was praising you, you know?! Ungrateful…!

Taemin: HAHAHAHA I’m HAHAHA I’m so-AHAHAHAHAH sorry! HAHAHAHAHA

Aaron (pouting): You don’t sound sorry at all…

Taemin pulls himself together.

Taemin (in a serious voice): Okay, I’m sorry. Please forgive me!

Aaron (teasing him): Hmpf!

Taemin: Pleaseee~? It’s my birthday?

Aaron: Tsk, fine! (Smiles)

Taemin (happily): YAYYYY~!

Aaron: But seriously! I really don’t understand the girls over there! Awesome personality! Heavenly voice! What more do they want?!

Taemin: Maybe I’m ugly and unfashionable?

Aaron: No you’re not. The way you talk about fashion and style shows how much you care about your outer appearance. There’s no way you’re ugly or unfashionable!

Taemin (stunned): You deduct my fashion style from the way I talk about it?

Aaron: Yes? Why not?

Taemin (while chuckling): You're unbelievable...!

Aaron: What! Am I wrong?

Taemin: No, although I don't want to brag about it, I guess I am not that unfashionable...

Aaron (a little smug): Ha! I knew it!

Taemin: But you know sometimes I can't help but think that you have some psychic abilities...! I keep getting the feeling that you know me better than I do myself!

Aaron (a little embarrassed): Psychic...? I'm just observing...

Taemin (with a slightly teasing edge): Just observing…? To all those very fine details??

Aaron: Well, I'm most certainly not stalking you or anything of the sort...! Maybe I just know how you're mind works...? (Laughs shyly.)

Taemin (smiling): Maybe, huh...?

Aaron (also smiling): Yeah, huh...

 

----------------------

Hey, everyone!!

I'm really sorry but there is some bad news (T.T) I'm afraid I won't be able to update until Easter, because I have an important test coming up at the end of next week and I really need to learn for it...! (Right now that subject is nothing more than a bunch of mathematical operations and greek letters to me... >.<) So no more AFF for me until then *sniff* :( I hope you understand and forgive me...! ><'

But I'll promise that from now one this story's plot will go upwards!! ^^ (As in less depressing... ><)