21st Chapter

We Meet on AFF...

Scene 1: Europe, Switzerland, in front of the beautifully illuminated facade of the Schweizerhof Hotel in the middle of Bern

On the set: Aaron, Taemin, Kihyun

She just had to say it.

She‘d felt like he is about to say goodbye to her so she’d just blurted it out. Because the moment he had told her that he is NamTei, HER NamTei, the moment she had come to learn that the one who’d saved her just now her is none other than the guy she has been thinking of all day; that’s when she had known. That’s when she had realised what it all means. Why she had felt this overwhelming sense of security the second she had heard his voice next to her… Why a single comment on Skype has her smiling like an idiot… Why she worries endlessly if she doesn’t hear from him for longer than a day... Why the mere sound of a piano makes her think of him… Why she can’t accept Kevin’s confession…

It’s all because she is in love with NamTei. It’s as simple as that.

So she had to tell him. Because this might have been the only chance she’ll ever get to tell it to him face to face…

And having said it, it feels like a huge weight is lifted off her shoulders. Like the world has suddenly become a lot clearer. It makes her feel light and contented; it gives her the feeling that she now could go to sleep with her mind at ease. Which she promptly does.

Taemin, on the other hand, is staring into space blankly while her words repeat in his mind over and over again like the echoing sound of a bell.

I love you, NamTei. I love you, NamTei. I love you, NamTei. I love you, NamTei. I love you, NamTei. I love you, NamTei.

Taemin: She loves me… SHE LOVES ME!!!! MEE!! And not that stupid Kevin guy!!! HA! (Grinning silly)

And she said NamTei… She said she loves NamTei… She loves the real me…! Not the maknae from SHINee! And not the cutesy guy who hops around variety shows doing whatever embarrassing thing the scriptwriter has thought out for him!! She loves ME! The real Lee Taemin!!!

(Glances at the hotel in front of him again.)

Well, there is no way I can let her stay here in Bern now while I have to return back to Leukerbad…!

 

Scene 2: Switzerland, inside a hotel room, early morning

On the set: Aaron

Aaron has just woken up from the room phone ringing. Confused she had picked up, only to learn that she had, apparently, ordered a wake-up call…?

After putting the receiver back down she tiredly rubs her throbbing head. Trying to orientate herself, she recalls the events from the previous day.

Aaron: Right, I went on a trip to Bern… Then, am I in a hotel in Bern right now? (Walks to the window and looks out) Uhhh… this doesn’t look like Bern…?

She walks back to the bed while trying to remember what had happened. Slowly the memories of going to the night club and almost getting come back to her and she shivers.

Aaron mutters while putting her arms around herself: God, I’m shaking just from remembering… If these two hadn’t come along right then… (Shakes her head) Uwa, I don’t even want to think about it…!

Suddenly, her cell phone vibrates and she grabs it expecting it to be Carole or Kevin asking about her whereabouts.

But instead it’s a message from NamTei.

(Entry: Taemin as NamTei on the phone)

NamTei: Hey, sleepy head! ;P Did the call wake you up? ^^ How are you feeling??

Aaron: Huh? How does he know that I got a call?? (Glances at her wristwatch) And sleepy head?! It’s only half seven in the morning!!

She pauses for a moment, thinking.

Then, her eyes widen and her jaw drops as some more memories come back to her. NamTei had saved her last night!! She had met NamTei!!!!

When she types her reply, her hands are trembling.

Aaron: OMG, NamTei!! YOU’RE HERE!! IN SWITZERLAND!!! AND I MET YOU!!!!!!

NamTei: Haha, glad you still remember… :)

Aaron (mumbling to herself): But why can’t I remember his face…? Grrrr, stupid memory….!! My brain must be trying to protect itself from the events that happened yesterday… But why on earth does it shut out the face of my saviours too?! It makes no sennnnnse~! (Whines)

…but I don’t remember much more… —.— Not even your face!!!! TT.TT

Taemin (mumbling somewhat sad): She doesn’t even remember my face…?!

NamTei: Well, too bad then…

Aaron: Nooo~! I want to remember your face~!! *whines* I want to know what you look like~!!

Taemin can already picture her pouty face and he sighs.

Taemin (closing his eyes): Damn, how am I supposed to refuse her like this…?! Aish, screw it! I even changed my promise regarding the Skydiving challenge! I already met her! So, what keeps me from telling her who I am? Nothing.

NamTei: :) Hmm, then let me make a suggestion…?

Aaron: Suggestion? What suggestion???? *expectant emoticon*

NamTei: Actually… there is something I still need to tell you… and… well… I’d like to do that via a video call…?

Taemin: I’m hoping that you only seeing it over the phone will reduce the danger of you fainting from shock…!

Aaron: Omg, a video call with NamTei…! That means I’ll get to see his face!!!! Hell, YESSS!!!

Really??!!! :DDDD When??? How ‘bout right NOW? Can’t wait~~!! *><*

She sits down onto the bed expectantly and crosses her legs.

NamTei: Sure… Um, you ready?

Aaron: YES!

They start the video call but all that Aaron sees is a room with a white double bed that looks strongly similar to the one Aaron is on right now. Though NamTei is nowhere to be seen…

Aaron: Okay, NamTei, where are you?

Taemin: I know it was me who suggested this but… (Sighs) Just promise me one thing, will you?

Aaron: Sure!

Taemin: Promise me that you won’t have a heart attack or faint or do anything else that would harm you, okay?

Aaron: Of course not! Why would I?! (Frowns confused)

Taemin: Just don’t, arasso?

Aaron: Okay, okay! (Chuckles) Now show yourself!

Taemin after audibly drawing a deep breath mumbles: Okay…

Then, Taemin slowly comes into the view of the camera. He’s moving sideways with his back facing the camera.

(Entry: Taemin on the screen)

Aaron (confused yet somewhat amused): NamTei…? What are you doing?

Taemin sits down onto the chair and slowly turns around. Seeing his face, Aaron’s eyes become as wide as saucers, her jaw drops open, and her breath catches in .

When she remains frozen even after some seconds have passed, Taemin grows worried.

Taemin: Aaron? Gwaenchanha?

Finally Aaron coughs and starts breathing again; her eyes blinking rapidly.

Aaron: Haaaa~ Ohmygosh! Huff! Huff! Ohmygosh! Huff! That scared the crap out of me! (Does all kinds of hand gestures to express her speechlessness) Ohmy…!

Taemin just watches with concern.

Aaron (now a little more composed): But seriously! Where did you find such an authentic disguise?! And here in Switzerland no less!!! I really ought to go there once!! For a second I really thought I was facing Lee Taemin!  Had the shock of a lifetime!

Taemin: Uhh—

Aaron: No, for real! I think my heart even stopped moving for an instant!

Taemin: Um, Wings?

Aaron: Yes! Gosh, sorry! I was just too shocked! (Laughs embarrassed) But, yes?

Taemin: Um… this is not a disguise… (Observes Aaron attentively)

Aaron (chuckling unsurely): What?

Taemin: I’m not wearing a disguise…

Aaron: Haha… look, the joke was successful. But now that I’ve seen through it, you can take it off. I want to know what the real NamTei looks like…

Taemin (smiles uneasily): But the thing is; I can’t. This IS the real NamTei…

Aaron (having difficulties to comprehend Taemins implications): Wait… wait… A-a-are you t-trying to say… t-that you’re… the real Lee Taemin? As in… from SHINee?!

Taemin just smiles timidly.

Aaron with her eyes almost bulging out of their sockets: N-n-no way! T-there’s just no way! (Shakes head madly) I refuse to believe that you’re the real Lee Taemin! (Looks up suddenly as a thought crosses her mind) You can’t even prove it!

Taemin: Rearrange the letters of my username…

Aaron grabs some piece of paper and does as told.

Aaron (almost whispering): T-a-e-m-i-N… NamTei is an anagram for Taemin…! (No longer whispering) But still! That doesn’t prove anything!

Taemin: Then what do you want me to do? How can I prove it to you? Tell me.

Aaron (still in shock): …dance… Dance Lucifer…!

Taemin: Arasso!

He gets up and repositions his phone such that Aaron can see the free space where he will dance. He walks out of the picture and turns on the music. The first beats of Lucifer are played and Taemin walks towards the middle of the free space.

And then he starts dancing.

The longer Taemin dances the wider Aaron’s eyes get. And when the last notes have died away, Aaron can no longer deny it: This is indeed the one and only, real and undisguised Lee Taemin!

OH.MY.GHAAAAADDDDD!!!!!

Taemin then sits in front of his phone again.

Taemin: So, what is your conclusion? Am I real? (Smiles)

There's a short pause during which Aaron’s incredulity turns into horror.

Aaron horrified: No-no-no-no-no-nooo~! This cannot beee~!

Taemin (confused): Huh? Wae? Aren’t you happy? You actually know your favourite idol personally…?

Aaron (slightly panicking): Exactly! When I meet you I am supposed to have spent the whole day at the beauty salon! I’m wearing the most gorgeous dress ever and my make-up is flawless! And it’s at least at some world-famous heritage site with the most beautiful sunset the world has ever seen in the background! But definitively not in a hotel room that I don’t even know how I got there and while I’m wearing clothes that are all wrinkly because I’ve slept in them, without make-up, and with my hair looking like medusa's! (Voice becomes more and more whiny)

Taemin while smiling lovingly: But I wanted to meet just that girl… The one without make-up… The one with unkempt hair… The one in normal clothes… The real you…

There’s a pause.

Taemin: By the way, there's also another thing I've got to confess…

Aaron (somewhat defeated): There’s more? Let's hear it then…

Taemin: Um, I actually already know your real name...

Aaron is only slightly surprised at this revelation though. Well, what would still shock her now anyway...?

Aaron: Oh you do? How come?

Taemin: Well, the truth is we've already met once... Before yesterday, I mean…

Aaron (now surprised nonetheless): We have??!! When??? Where??? How???

Taemin: Erm, I've secretly come to visit you once... Remember the guy to whom you told your name because he'd run after you and had exchanged his pastry with you? At your university?

Aaron (after a short pause): That was YOU?!!!

Taemin: Uh-huh...

Aaron (having difficulties processing this news): No way... And you only tell me NOW??!!!

Taemin: I’m sorry, Aaron…

Aaron feels a weird sensation spreading through her body upon hearing Taemin saying her name.

Aaron (flustered): Don’t say my name!

Taemin (chuckling at her reaction): Why not? I think it’s a beautiful name. It suits you. Aaron… It has a nice ring to it. Aaron… Ar—

Aaron: Stop it!!

Taemin: Hahahahaha… But I also like how I used to call you up till now… My Wings…

Aaron: (hides her face in her hands) Oh God! This is so embarrassing!

Taemin: I told you, remember? Tae-I mean I would never feel freaked out. I love your username. (Smiles gingerly) Including the meaning behind it.

Aaron just looks at him doubtfully.

Taemin: What, you don’t believe me?

Aaron: It’s kind of hard to do so when every sane person would feel freaked out in your situation…

Taemin (while shrugging his shoulders): Well, I don’t…

Aaron (mumbling): Very convincing of an argument…

Taemin (while smiling sincerely): Hey, my Wings, I really don’t feel freaked out. (And after a short pause) You believe me now?

Aaron (while blinking dumbfounded): ‘Your Wings’?

Taemin (while scratching his head and looking away embarrassed): Well… that’s what you are, right…? Taemin’s wings…

Aaron (flustered yet again): No! I mean… yes… I mean… Aish!! (Buries her face in the bed sheets.)

Taemin: You know I feel kind of special with you having that username… Because then I’m the only one who gets to call you HIS wings…

Aaron (grumbling defeated into the bed covers): That’s the purpose of that username. Idiot…

Taemin: Hahaha, I like you too…

Suddenly, another, particular, memory from the previous night comes back to Aaron and she sits up again and gasps.

Taemin (worried): Aaron? Something wrong?

Aaron (whispering and looking down): I confessed to you last night…!

Taemin: I’m sorry, what did you say?

Aaron (looks up and straight into Taemin’s eyes while her cheeks start to blush furiously): I confessed to you last night!!!

Then, realising what she’s just said, she quickly gabs her phone and turns it over so that all Taemin sees now is her bed covers or, in other words, black.

Taemin (a little muffled): Aaron… please turn your phone around again…

Aaron: No way!! It’s so embarrassing~!!

Taemin: Please…?

But she just shakes her head like crazy while she covers with her hand.

Aaron: Oh my God! I confessed to Taemin!! I confessed to LEE TAEMIN!!! EOTTOKEEEE????

She listens to the phone again but all she can hear is some shuffling and then something that sounds like a door being shut.

A few seconds later, someone knocks on her door and Aaron’s head snaps around.

Aaron (cursing silently): Damn, who wants something from me at a crucial time like this?!! And I haven’t even gone through the bath yet…! But oh well, since I’m still wearing my clothes from yesterday… And since it’s probably only the room service or something… (Sighs) Might as well take it…!

She walks over to the door and opens.

 

 


Hey everyone! I did manage to update this before I'll be off again...! XDD

Oh, and thanks for all your comments!!!! I'm glad I managed to make you feel the same way as I feel when reading stories I like... *><* Me feels VERY HAPPY right now!!!! <3 Hehehehehe