4th Chapter

We Meet on AFF...

Scene 1: South Korea, some practice room in the SMent main building

On the set: Taemin, Aaron as TaeminsWings

Taemin has told his hyungs that he’ll go practice some more and has left the dorm without even waiting for their answers. For a reason he has yet to figure out he doesn’t want his hyungs to know about Wings. But if he suddenly buys a tablet PC an interrogation would be unavoidable. Because he’s never shown much interest in this technical stuff and much less in the online world. Taemin knows his hyungs are already suspicious because he borrowed Key’s laptop so often…

That’s why, for the meantime, he has decided to hide somewhere whenever he will chat with Wings. Right now, he’s sitting in a corner of the practice room with the music playing on full volume while debating on what to replay to Wings’ last PM.

TaeminsWings: Forgiven! Hahaha (Now, I’m kinda curious what your aegyo looks like… *^^*)

Awww, thank you!! *><* I’m really happy to have met you too, NamTei!

No, I’m not studying to become a doctor, I’m learning how to become a laboratory assistant for a medical laboratory… ^^ Hmm, I guess we never talked about our current occupation… What is yours??

Taemin: Why did you have to ask for my current occupation, Wings?! I can’t very well tell you that I’m the idol you’ve been spazzing about all along, can I?! You’d either call me a liar or have a heart attack! But I don’t want to lie to you either! (Racks his hair frustrated)

In the end he decides to go with this: Ahh, I’m relieved! Ahaha, I’m usually told my aegyo is really cute… *scratches head embarrassedly*

A laboratory assistant for a medical laboratory? …so you’re analysing blood samples and such? Sounds interesting! Me? I’m working in the entertainment industry. Nothing big though… ^^

Well, at least it’s not a complete lie… (Unhappy frown)

Awww and thank you right back at you!! XDD

TaeminsWings: Well, if people say so, it must be true… ^^ Ahh~ now I’m even more curious! XD

You’re working in the entertainment industry?!!! OMG, so you get to see KPop stars at work?!! Have you ever met SHINee???? Aw man, you must have saved a country in your previous live!! *envious pout!* ^^

Taemin: Okay, dire need of change in conversation topic!

Ahaha… *scratches head embarrassedly*

Um, Wings ? I’ve been thinking… Chatting through PM’s on AFF is a somewhat tedious, don’t you think? That’s why… do you have a Skype account? If you don’t want to that’s alright though! >< Just saying it’d probably be more comfortable… ^^

TaeminsWings: Omo, I haven’t even thought of that! *smacks head* But you’re absolutely right; using Skype would simplify things a lot! Um, my username is the same as on AFF… ^^ I’m a diehard Taemin-fan, huh? Lol What’s yours?

Taemin: Hehe, looks like I’m really liked… (smiles)

Mine is NamTei too. I actually reused my username from Skype for my AFF account…

Wait a second, I’m searching you…

Taemin switches to Skype and searches for TaeminsWings. When found, he adds her to his contacts and types a first message: Hey Wings!

TaeminsWings: Haha Hey NamTei! Nice profile pic! What is it exactly?

Taemin: Thanks, it shows the horizon I see when I look out of the window of my room in my parent’s house…

TaeminsWings: Oh really? You’ve got a great view then! O.O

Taemin: Right? ^^ I loved looking out of that window…

TaeminsWings: Loved?

Taemin: I live with my hyungs now, remember? :)

TaeminsWings: Oh, right… But don’t you visit home now and then?

Taemin: Not too often… I don’t have the time… unfortunately… *sighs*

TaeminsWings: Really? You’re that busy? I always thought that you were only half serious when complaining about your schedule… Mianhae…

Taemin: It’s alright! ^^ I like my job so it’s alright, I guess? Haha…

TaeminsWings: Right! Your job! What is it exactly? Do you get to meet a lot of celebrities?? Like, for example… SHINee???? Lol

Taemin: Damn, how did the conversation return to that topic?! Maybe I should really tell her? (Contemplates for a second) No, it’s too risky… In the end she’ll think I’m trying to con her!

I’m a manager. Just someone in the background. So I only get to watch them occasionally. Nothing really interesting. So, let’s talk about something else, oh?

I really hate lying to her!

TaeminsWings: To bad… hahaha Well, if you ever get to work with Taemin, you’ll have to take a video or at least a photo and send it to me, okay? *batts eyelashes*

Taemin (mumbling): A video of myself? (Chuckles) I guess I’ll have to trouble my hyungs sometime…

 

Scene 2: Europe, cafeteria of some university, a few days later around lunch time

On the set: Carole, other people (mainly students)

It’s the busiest time of the day as the last morning lecture has just ended and students are pouring into the cafeteria en masse. Luckily, Carole didn’t have a lecture scheduled during the past hour. That’s why she’s now already sitting at one of the many tables with a tray full of, well, edible canteen food in front of her. She’s alternately taking a bite and looking towards the counters searching the people’s faces for her friend’s. He wasn’t as lucky as her to have an early break and thus had to fight himself through the mass of hungry students to get his lunch.

When she finally sees him, she raises her hand to make it easier for him to spot her. (Entry: Kevin) He comes walking over and sits onto the chair opposite to Carole with an exhausted sigh.

Kevin: Man, they just renovated this place and it’s still like this! Who the hell did they put in charge of this?! A pre-schooler?!

Carole (jokingly): Hello to you too…

Kevin: I’m sorry… It just makes me feel so irritated! (Stabs his food; then with a smile) How was your morning?

Carole: (Shrugs) The usual… we received another fifty terms to learn by heart… (Pulls a face)

Kevin (looks up unbelieving): Another fifty?! Is he trying to kill his students?!

Carole (grudingly): Well, if some of us die from exhaustion before summer he’ll have fewer exams to mark…

Kevin: Ahh, so he’s that kind of prof… (Twirls his imaginary Jack-Sparrow-beard) Maybe you should doll yourself up a little bit next time and go ask him a question? (Wiggles his eyebrows) You could even pretend to faint and then demurely say with a weak voice that you hadn’t slept that much lately because—

Kevin interrupts himself when he realises the look on Carol’s face that says he’s the last idiot on earth. Her eyebrows have already disappeared beneath her hair.

Carole: Be honest, Kevin. You sold your liver in order to get accepted into this university, right?

Kevin (pretends to be extremely shocked): Oh my God! How did you figure that out?

Carole (sarcastically): You know, if you weren’t my friend since we were both still in diapers and if I didn’t know that this is your normal state of mind, I’d have sent you off to the clinic ages ago!

Kevin: Says the girl who goes mental at the mere sight of some she-chinky-eyes…

Carole (initially shrieking but gets covered by Kevin’s hand just in time): ‘ou am im he-pici-eme!!! (Translation: Don’t call him she-chinky-eyes!!!)

Kevin (appeasing): Okay, okay! He’s the most handsome guy walking this planet!

Just what the hell is so good about that guy?! If they ever walked together, they’d probably get mistaken as a lesbian couple!

(Mumbling) You seriously have a unique taste…!

Carole: I heard that! And for your information, I’m not the only one who thinks that he’s handsome! (Pouts)

Kevin: Well, I guess Korean women would find him handsome as well…

Carole (smugly): I’m not talking about Korean women. There are plenty European girls who think he’s breathtakingly good-looking too…

Kevin just gives her a sceptic look.

Carole: Don’t believe me?

She then pulls out her smartphone and shows him all the western SHINee fansites that come to her mind.

Carole: See?

Kevin (surrendering): Fine, I believe you! So what does he look like again?

Carole (exasperated): You still don’t know?! I’ve already shown you about every picture that exists of him!

Kevin: Well… (Scratches his head)

Carole: I’m not showing you! It’s useless anyway…

She stands up to put away the by now empty tray but Kevin catches her arm and looks at her with big eyes and a pout.

Kevin: Pleeeease~? Just one more time? I promise I won’t forget this time! (Then with a somewhat mischievous grin) After all, I need to know what my future brother-in-law looks like…

Carole nearly drops her tray at the word ‘brother-in-law’.

Carole (shyly): There’s no way he’ll be your future brother-in-law… (Sighs deeply)

Kevin rolls his eyes but keeps quiet. Carole then puts the tray back on the table and sits down again.

Carole: But I just remembered that a friend I’d ‘met’ a few days ago sent me a photo of him that I hadn’t seen before. I can show you that one. He looks AMAZING on it! (Said in a swooning voice)

Again, Kevin keeps his comment to himself while Carole logs into her AFF profile and goes to her PM Inbox. She scans the senders for the name she’s looking for.

Carole: Ah, here it is! (Clicks on it)

Kevin (chuckling): ‘TaeminsWings’? What a cute username…

Carole (smiling): Right? I really like that friend… We have a lot in common…

Kevin mutters: Really? But definitely not the ability to come up with good usernames…

Carole (scandalised): Excuse me?!

Kevin (while smirking): I mean, ‘Donutinlove’? How much had you drunk when you came up with that?!

Having that said he hurriedly picks up his tray and walks away because he knows he has to use the few minutes, in which Carole is too shocked to move, to get as far away as possible. Since her chasing after him to pull out all his hair is a given.

 

----------------------------

New Character introduction! Kekeke ^^

Haha I named him Kevin without thinking of U-KISS's Kevin... >___<