3rd Chapter

We Meet on AFF...

(A/N: Btw, crossed out means written and then deleted again (before posted))

-------------------------

Scene 1: one or two weeks later, Europe, some lecture hall at the university, morning

On the set: Aaron, other students, prof

The lecture hall is way too big and lets a single student disappear too easily into the crowd considering the ability of the professor to captivate his listeners. Thus, it is absolutely not the students fault for not paying attention. Such is at least Aaron’s excuse. Compared to the prof rambling on about some chemical reactions the cell phone on her lap is capable of providing a considerably more interesting activity. Aaron has posted a new chapter of her fanfic yesterday and is now reading the first comments.

There is no comment from NamTei (=Taemin's user name on AFF) yet, so Aaron has time to reply to comments from other users. About 15 minutes into the lecture she’s finished replying and is about to read some of the story updates of the fics she’s subscribed to when just another comment comes in.

It reads: I love how they met! It’s like they’re fated…

I feel like this story will be really interesting… ^^ (It made me feel like getting up early this morning was actually worth it! XD) So, please keep updating! Hwaiting!

Aaron: *sigh* So there’s another person with the same fate as me… (looks around pitifully; half of the students are asleep)

Of course, they’re fated! ;-P Kekekeke

You don’t know how much I understand that feeling! Seriously, I wonder every time how I manage to convince myself to stand up for this useless lecture…! -___-

Donutinlove: Omo, you’re online too? And tortured by a boring lecture as well? My most sincere condolences! My prof is talking about… second *listening to prof for a second*… what diet strategy to use best? What the hell? This was supposed to be a science course…!

Aaron: You too? You’ve got my sympathy! Well, at least you’re topic sounds interesting… Mine – chemical reactions, I think – already makes you want to run away screaming by just hearing it… *sigh*

But let’s talk about something less depressing! For example… K-Pop! Surprise, surprise! Lol No, what group do you favour? Who’s your bias? Do you watch dramas? Anime? Can you speak Korean? Sorry, you don’t need to answer if you don’t want to! ><

Donutinlove: Agreed! Let’s talk about something else! Alright; it’s SHINee. Key (I imagine you’re fanfic with Key instead of Taemin, hehe) Yes, of course I do! (anything that sounds good ^^) No, unfortunately not… learning it is high up on my to-do-list though!

In that order. And you?

Aaron: I like your taste! ;P SHINee, obviously! *^^* My bias is Taemin (my username (= TaeminsWings) tells it all!) I LOVE dramas and anime! And I do not speak Korean either… that’s why I’m asking everyone! Ehehe…

Donutinlove: lol, right? I picked my username after my bias too… ^^ Ever watched the Star King episode where Key has to eat a donut? (A/N: for those who haven’t: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqBSXEheFMM) I LOVE it! *squeallll*

Aaron: Yessss! Those are the moments when I wonder whether I picked the right bias… lol but no, Taemin will always be my nr. 1!

They continue to chat until Aarons lecture ends.

 

Scene 2: a day later, South Korea, some electronics store in Seoul

On the set: Taemin (in disguise: scarf, hat, and sunglasses), store employees, some random people

Taemin walks through the store, obviously looking for something. An employee approaches him.

Employee: Excuse me, may I help you? (Curiously leans forward a little to get a glimpse under the hat of this mysterious customer.)

Taemin (intentionally lowering his voice): Um, I’m looking for a tablet PC…

Employee: Of course! Do you already have something in mind? We have products from Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Lenovo… (She gestures at them.)

Taemin (while scanning the tablets in front of him): Not really… I just need to be able to connect to the internet at all times…

Taemin: All I need is a replacement for Key’s laptop since he won’t let me use it anymore! Tsk.

--- Flashback Taemin ---

Key (shouting from somewhere): LEE TAEMIN! WHERE HAVE YOU DISAPPEARED TO WITH MY LAPTOP THIS TIME?! GIVE IT BACK THIS INSTANT!

Taemin hastily sent the private message he was just typing and deletes the browser history.

Not a second too early. The doors are forcefully pulled opened and after blinking a few times because of the sudden brightness, Taemin is greeted by an irritated Key.

Taemin while smiling winningly: Looking for this? (Holds up the laptop) I just finished…

Key (exasperated): What?! Now you not only abduct my laptop but also ruin my clothes?!

Taemin: When did I ruin your clothes?

Key just points at the accessories Taemin is sitting on. The maknae looks down and his eyes widen. He immediately gets up.

Taemin: Mianhae, hyung! I didn’t mean to…!

Key: Aish! Just what the hell is so important that you need to hide in my wardrobe for it?! Anyway, I’ve had enough! I’m changing my password!

--- End of Flashback ---

Taemin: I admit I probably shouldn’t have hidden in his accessory wardrobe… His clothes are sacred… But it was one of the few hiding places left! And anyway! Why is he so petty about his laptop?! I didn’t use it that much anyway! Only once or twice a day…! Well, this is all going to be solved now!

In the end he buys a Samsung Galaxy Tab. One must support the companies of one’s country!

 

Scene 3: Europe, Aaron’s room, late afternoon on the same day

On the set: Aaron

Aaron is trying to concentrate on writing the next chapter for her fanfic but her thoughts keep drifting off to NamTei. He hasn’t answered for more than a day and Aaron was starting to get worried. Since his first comment on her story they had exchanged several messages per day. They talked about banalities and every-day annoyances. Aaron would spazz about a SHINee appearance in a reality show and NamTei would call her cute. NamTei would half-jokingly complain about his busy schedule and Aaron would cheer him up by assuring him that there surely was someone who valued his efforts and was grateful for his work. They had exchanged their birthdates, favourite foods, hobbies, likes and dislikes. In the short time of two weeks and without even seeing each other once, they had become as close as best friends.

Thus, Aaron was more than relieved to finally see his reply: Hey Wings! (NamTei decided to abbreviate Aaron’s username with just Wings at one point) Sorry for not writing for so long! I’ve been using my hyung’s laptop all this while but now he’s changed his password and I had to buy myself a tablet… ^^ Well, at least now I’m free to go online whenever I want! Haha…

How have you been? Anything new within a day? ;)

Aaron: Yah, NamTei! You had me worried right there! ^^ No, seriously! Couldn’t even concentrate on writing the next chapter for my fic because of you!

You’ve been using your brother’s? Tsk-tsk, you shouldn’t do that… That’s not nice! ;) (My brother would murder me if I did that haha) It’s a good thing that you got your own device!

And no, nothing new since yesterday… Except that we started a new project. It’s quite interesting because it’s interdisciplinary so I get to see a lot of new things. And meet new people… *sigh* And with you? Anything new?? :D

NamTei: Aigoo! You were worried about me? *^^* So happy~! Haha, I guess you’re right! Ah, but he’s not my real brother; I don’t live with my family anymore… I'm cohabitating with friends. We are as close as brothers though… ^^

What kind of project? And why are you sighing? Isn’t meeting new people something nice?? No, still same old over here too… -___-

Aaron: What happy! Aren’t you feeling at least a little bit guilty?! *pouts* Oh, I didn’t know… I’m still living at hotel mama… lol

For the project we are to visit other institutions like the emergency room or the childbirth station and work there for a day. Well yeah, meeting new people is nice… but only if those people are nice too… and the people I met today are a little, how should I put it, superficial? They said they were KPop fans too… but, you know, they call themselves that because it’s “in fashion” right now… being a KPop fan, I mean… And talking to such people is tiring… that’s why I was sighing… haha

NamTei: Arasso-arasso! I’m feeling guilty! Am I forgiven now? *does aegyo* Haha ‘hotel mama’ ^^ *sigh* I miss it…

Oh? Just curious, but are you by chance learning to become a doctor?

But I think I understand what you mean with superficial… I meet people who are like that at work too… and you’re right, it’s tiring to talk to them… :) I still think though that meeting new people is a wonderful thing! You never know when you meet someone nice… Like you! Haha, that was cheesy… *><*

Aaron: Forgiven! Hahaha (Now, I’m kinda curious what your aegyo looks like… *^^*)

Awww, thank you!! *><* I’m really happy to have met you too, NamTei!

No, I’m not studying to become a doctor, I’m learning how to become a laboratory assistant for a medical laboratory… ^^ Hmm, I guess we never talked about our current occupation… What is yours??

 

----------------------

Third chappy done! ;P sorry for taking so long! >< I kinda messed it up on my computer and ended up confusing myself =_=

And thanks for all your lovely comments! <3 They really motivate me!! :DDD