Chapter 33

❅ 12 White Wishes ❅
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 33

*Chaejin's POV*

Today was the day. It was the day when I finally leave to go to Paris. The last month and a half have been a hectic time, with the preparation of going to Paris and school work. But I somehow managed, despite being stressed 24/7. The past two days have been busy as well. Two days before I went to the foster home to visit my parents and the kids for the last time. The kids prepared some gifts for me that will be helpful for me when I'm in Paris. I also took the opportunity to invite my foster parent and Yoonji to my graduation. I would've invited all the kids but I only had three tickets that would allow them in the venue where our graduation would take place. 

And yesterday, from the moment I woke up to the moment I went to sleep, I've been active non-stop. Soojin and I woke up at five to get ready for our graduation. Hyojin came down to help us as well. It took us around three hours to get ready. We were supposed to be at the venue by 9, so that gave us an hour to relax. We decided to meet the gang at the park to take pictures and hang out for one last time as students. Most of the gang was graduating. Ricky, Changjo, and Aiya still had one year left before they can graduate. They were attending as L.Joe's and CA.P.'s guest. After the graduation, we went our separate ways to have lunch with our families. 

It was the first time I had lunch with my foster parents, Yoonji, Soojin, Hyojin, Changmin and of course little Jaemin. It was a moment for me to remember when my two families came together and interacted with one another. After lunch, my foster parents went back home and we went back to our apartment. I had to finish packing m things. Packing took up most of the day and at night we had a little hang out with the hang. Celebrating our graduation together. 

It was 7 in the morning. Changmin and C.A.P. helped me put my luggage in the car. My flight was scheduled at 9, so we had time. Everyone was sending me off at the airport, all my friends and family. I was in the car with Soojin, Hyojin, Jaemin, and Changmin. They were driving me there, while my foster family and the hang would meet me at the airport. It was an hour drive but traffic slowed us down. We arrived at the airport on time. I got my ticket and had to wait 15 more minutes until my flight. 

"Are you excited?" Soojin asked me, jumping around. 

"Yeah, but I'm also nervous," I said with a chuckle. "Don't worry! You got this, just remember to call us once you arrive in your apartment," Hyojin said, calming me down. 

" PASSENGERS OF FLIGHT 657 TO PARIS, PLEASE BOARD THE PLANE" 

"I guess my cue, " I told everyone. I hugged everyone bidding them a farewell. Yoonji was one of the last ones I hugged. "Have a fun and safe trip Unnie!!! Don't forget me and remember to call me often!!!" she said hugging me tightly. "How can I ever forget you?! And don't worry, I'll call you often!"

I grabbed all my luggage and was about t leave, but I realized that I didn't have my hand bag on me. I turned back to where I was sitting but couldn't find it. 

"Here, you left this on your seat," Chunji said, handing me my bag. '

"Oh...thanks," I replied. "I guess this is goodbye then?" He said, rubbing his hand at the back of his neck. "I guess so...." 

"Well have a safe trip and remember to call us once in a while."

"Yeah, don't worry! I will. And thanks." 

Everyone was on their way out of the airport. I see Yoonji coming back to me. "What is it Yoonji?" I asked. "I'm just waiting for Chunji Oppa. You guys should hug already and say goodbye!" She bluntly said. We blushed a bit at her comment, "Well, I'll leave you two alone, but hurry up."

She slowly walked away from us. "You should board your flight soon, I don't want you missing it," he said, breaking the ice. "Yeah, I should get going.....ummm....one last hug then?" He spread his arms out for a hug. I gave me a tight hug because it would be the last time I'd be this close to him. Before he let go he kissed my forehead, "Go now, before the close the doors."

From a distance, I hear the hang and Yoonji applaud and cheer, "Finally!!!!" 

We just laughed and shook our head, "Oh my god, always stalking us!" I jokingly shouted back at them.

"Bye Chunji" 

"Bye Chaejin"

I was walking to my flight. I looked back one last time and waved goodbye, "I'LL MISS YOU GUYS!!"

 

----------------------------------------5 YEARS LATER----------------------------------------


It was a nice day today. It was the middle of July, but it wasn't an excruciatingly hot day. It rained the day before so there was a pleasant breeze today. I was out the whole day shopping and having a day to relax. For the past couple of months, all I've been doing was work. I never had any time for myself. I've been busy working on recipes and doing paperwork.  

I went back to my apartment since it was getting late. I was at my door step, trying to search for my keys in my purse but the door suddenly opened. "You could've pressed the doorbell, I would've opened the door," Adaline said laughing. Adaline was my apartment buddy. When I moved to Paris five years ago I was offered a dorm to stay at, I was living there for a year and a half. I then moved into an apartment with a friend I made in school and lived there ever since. 

I had to learn French if I wanted to survive in Paris. I studied the moment I got here. Luckily for me, I was able to master the language in almost two years. Adaline also had an interest in the Korean culture, along with our music and entertainment, so she was committed to learning Korean. 

"Sorry, it's a habit to search for my keys."

I went into my room to put the things away. There were a lot of boxes in my room, so I had to maneuver my way to my closet. I went back to the living and sat down on the couch. I turned the TV on to see if there was anything good to watch. "I'm making Japchae and Coq au Vin. Decided to have a fusion type of dinner today". 

Adaline studied to become a chef. She loved cooking since she was little and told herself that she will become a chef when she grew up. I guess she kept the promise to herself considering all the things she accomplished. She was one of the best cooks I've ever known. She was a mix of both Soojin and Lin, and with Adaline around it felt like I was back home in Korea. 

We ate our dinner and I cleaned the dishes. After cleaning everything up I sat back down on the couch. "So is all the paperwork completed?" Adaline asked. "Almost, I just I have to sign a few more papers and I'm all set!" 

It was two in the morning and I wasn't tired at all. I decided to make a call a certain someone. I dialed her number hoping she would be awake. 

"Hello?" a boys voice answered the phone.

"Jaemin....?" I replied confused. 

"Yeah, who's this?" 

"You don't recognize my voice?" I said with a little sass.

"Ohhh!!! Aunt Chaejin! What time is it over there?"

"It's two in the morning. I couldn't sleep so I decided to call you guys. Thank god you guys are up. I wasn't sure if you guys were awake or not since it's nine in the morning there."

"Yeah, I woke up around eight, I couldn't miss my morning anime!" he joked.

"Anyways, what are you doing at Soojin's home?" I asked. I called hoping to talk to Soojin, but I got Jaemin instead which wasn't too bad either. 

"Oh, well mom and dad went Jeju-do, so Aunt Soojin is baby sitting me while they're gone. I'll give it to Aunt Soojin."

"Chae?" Soojin said over the phone. "Hey, what's up?" I said

"Nothing much, what time is it over there?" She asked. "two in the morning."

"Oh my god, girl it's late. You should sleep!" she said, laughing. "Yeah, but I couldn't sleep."

"I see. So when are you coming back?"

"Well, everything is set. I just need to sign a few more papers, but I should be back at the end of August."

"Well, I can't wait till then! I'm excited to see you again! You know what we should do when you come back we should throw a party with the gang. I can invite them over and surprise them with you!" She suggested.

"You know what, that does sound good. And then at the party, I can invite them to the grand opening of 'Sweet Wonderland'."

"Sounds like a plan!" She said, "Well it's pretty later over there, you should go to sleep."

"A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter