Chapter 30

❅ 12 White Wishes ❅
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 30

*Chaejin's POV*

Despite being extremely angry and upset over the whole situation, I managed to get some sleep. It was morning and the annoying birds were at it again with their peppy chirping. I went to the living and found Soojin in front of the TV eating her pancakes. "Good morning my dear cousin, I made you some pancakes. It's on the table". I turned my head and found my plate with a glass of orange juice next to it. I went over to grab my plate and sat next to Soojin on the couch.

"Thanks for making breakfast. And someone seems cheery today", I said while chewing on a piece of pancake in my mouth. She just laughed in response. We stayed quiet while eating our pancakes, only the sounds coming from the TV filled the room. 

We washed our plates and went back to the couch. I grabbed my phone to look at all my notifications. They were mostly missed calls and text I received from Chunji, along with some news notifications that I didn't click on. I rolled my eyes and just cleared the notification center. I tossed my phone on the couch and put my attention back on the TV.

"Everything alright?" Soojin asked, I turned to her and gave her a questioning look. "Yeah, why?" I responded. 

"Well, yesterday you didn't seem okay. And just now, with your phone, you seem.... I don't know, irritated or maybe even pissed off....:"

I look at her for a moment and turn my head back towards the TV. I let out a sigh, "things are just complicated for a while. I need time to think things out".

"What's wrong?" She asked. I figured that I'd get nowhere if I keep this all to myself and not tell anyone my problem. Plus, at some point, Soojin would find out. I explained to her my situation, how I found out that Chunji and Karin dated. And I even told her about my list and how he saw it. 

"For the whole list situation, he might have not actually seen the list. I assumed that he did and got angry at him for that, and I feel bad about that. But I'm pissed off with the fact that he lied to me about not dating Karin, I trusted him with my past and told him many things about my past, but he couldn't even trust me enough to tell me that? It would have been nice to know that he dated her. Like she's been giving me such a hard time since day one, but recently she's been more annoying and rude to me lately. Well, now I know why. She probably still likes him and hates me for dating him". 

She nodded her head, "So you have a book with 12 wishes?" She asked. "Yah, that's what you got out of everything I said whining.

She laughed, "I'm only joking, well actually I'm serious too. You have a journal with a list you wanted to accomplish in life. It's kind of cute.But yeah, I understand where you're coming from. I think it's best to talk it off with him. I remember that day when he told you that he never dated anyone. L.Joe and I gave him a look. We knew that wasn't true-"

"Wait, if you guys knew he was lying why didn't you say anything?" I cut her off.

She looked dumbfounded.

"Actually nevermind, there's no point blaming or getting angry at you guys." I quickly responded. 

She gave a sigh of relief and I laughed. "I got scared for a moment. I didn't want you to get angry at me. I'm sorry for not telling you the truth. I didn't think I was in the position to tell you that, but we did tell him to tell you the truth soon. But you guys are just having one of those couple fights, all you guys need to do is talk it out and everything will be fine. It's happened to L.joe and me before. We fight, don't talk for a while. Then afterward we realize that nothing will change if we don't talk. We talk, and everything is back to normal." She reassured me. 

I nodded my and leaned against the sofa, "I hope so". 

 

Since it was a Saturday, I had a whole day to myself. Soojin had a date with L.joe, so I was lonely for a good portion of the day. I decided to go to the mall and look around. I've been running out of good clothes to wear, and it was a perfect chance to get something. I went to a couple of stores and got a few things that caught my attention. 

A spent a few hours at the mall mostly looking around and window shopping. I looked at the time and it was almost 6, so I decided to head home. I went through my purse to grab my headphones. I was about to put them in my ears but someone grabbed my shoulders.

"Chaejin, can we talk," Chunji asked. He was wearing a  navy blue hoodie and black jeans, something simple yet he looked amazing in it. "We need to talk, and ignoring can't change anything," he said. 

My mind went blank for a moment. I didn't expect him to come out of anywhere, wanting to speak about why I was mad. I didn't say anything for a while since I was too busy staring at his face and trying to figure out what to say. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter