Chapter 24

Waiting For YOU

YOUR POV

~~ding dong~~

I stir in my sleep as I heard the doorbell rang. I decided to ignore it but the person outside was buzzing nonstop. I stood up and looked from my window. I raised an eyebrow as I saw DBSK oppas except Youngwoong and SNSD.

I prepared myself first before going down and faced them.

“Why are you here?” I asked in a grumpy face. They disturbed my sleep.

“Good morning to you, too, ~~~~-ah,” U-know oppa said cheerfully, not minding my way of welcoming them.

“We’re going to have a celebration in Youngwoong hyung’s house today and you’re also invited,” Micky oppa informed.

“Celebration?”

“Yup! We’re going to celebrate that Jessica is now Youngwoong hyung’s girlfriend,” Xiah oppa cheered and all of them smiled widely.

I stiffened as I heard what he said. I looked at Jessica. She was smiling awkwardly at me.

You asked me if I will fight you. Yes, I will because Youngwoong oppa is very important for me and I love him. I won’t stand back anymore and let anyone take him even if it’s you. I’ll fight anyone just to be with him.

Yeah, I remember now. I remembered what I did yesterday.

“So, will you go?” Max oppa asked me.

“Please go, ~~~~~-ah. You should be there. Jessica told us what you did,” Tiffany told me, looking at me with hopeful eyes. Actually, everyone was looking at me with hopeful eyes.

“If not because of you, this girl won’t have the courage to fight for her feelings,” Yoona said, playfully patting Jessica’s head.

“So?” U-know oppa asked, waiting for my decision. I wanted to say no, to tell them I only had a few hours of sleep.

“Okay,” what I said instead. Looking at their faces, it was hard to say no.

I got back inside my house and took a bath. They proceeded to Youngwoong’s house. While having a bath, I had myself thinking. I knew something was wrong with me, something changed. Before, it was not hard for me to reject anyone, even if they begged me, even if they looked at me with hopeful eyes, or even if they cry hard in front of me. But now, something inside me was holding me to do that, to hurt someone, because I felt like something inside me will also got hurt.

I hated this… I hated feeling vulnerable… I hated being hurt easily….

I went to Youngwoong’s house after I got myself prepared, not just physically, but also emotionally. I didn’t want any of them to notice what I was really feeling.

I took a deep breath before I rang the doorbell. Youngwoong’s happy face was the one that greeted me.

“~~~~~-ah! I’m glad you could come. Come in. Everyone’s very hyper inside.”

I went inside and just like what he said, everyone’s really hyper. Some were talking and having their own conversations like Tiffany and Micky oppa while the others were fighting over the microphone just to be able to sing. Yeah, it was chaos.

“~~~~~-ah!” Jessica came in front of me, smiling widely.

“Jessica,” I nod, as a way of greeting her back.

Then Yougwoong put his arms around me and Jessica, pulling us towards the others. We sat at the sofa, looking at what others were doing.

“Yah! I’m next!”

“No, it’s me!”

“No, I’ve told them I’m next! Wait for your turn!”

“You’ve been singing the whole time! You were hurting my ears!”

“What?!? Are you telling me that my voice ?!?”

Sooyoung and Max oppa were arguing as they fought over the microphone. Then, Junsu oppa came and got the microphone, ending their charade.

“No need to fight. Seohyun and I will sing a duet!” he said and immediately ran towards Seohyun. When they started to sing, we couldn’t help but listen to them. They both were good in singing; no, amazing should be the right term. After the song, the chaos came back.

“hmmm…hmmmm….hmm,hmm,hmm…”

I looked at Youngwoong as I heard him humming. This was the first time I heard that tune.

“What’s that?” I asked him.

“What?” he asked, as if he woke up from a trance.

“You’re humming something,” I said.

“Yeah…” he said with knotted eyebrows, as if he also didn’t know what he did.

“W-where did you learn that tune?”

I looked at Jessica as she asked that question. She was looking at him as if she was seeing a ghost.

“I don’t know. I just… heard that tune in my head.” Youngwoong said.

“Why? You know that tune?” Micky oppa asked Jessica. She looked at him, then back to Youngwoong, and nodded.

“Really? This is the first time I heard that tune,” Seohyun joined in.

“What tune?” Xiah oppa asked in a loud voice, getting the attention of others.

“Jessica said she knew the tune that Youngwoong was humming a while ago. But this is the first time we heard that tune,” Seohyun explained.

“What tune?” U-Know oppa also asked.

We all looked at Youngwoong but it seemed like he was in deep thoughts. We then heard Jessica hummed.

“It’s nice. What song is that?” Yoona asked and we all shook our heads, which meant none of us knew… except the two of them.

We then looked at Jessica, asking her about it. She sighed.

“As you all know, I was an only child. My parents were hardly home. I was always sad so my nanny always brought me to the park nearby.  She said I can find friends there but because I was shy, I couldn’t have any friends.

One day, while I was sitting in a bench, a group of boys came to me. They asked me questions but because I was shy, I couldn’t answer so they got mad. They started to bully me then, until I cried.”

She stopped and smiled at the thought.

“Why are you smiling? You were bullied,” Sooyoung asked.

“Because that was the time he came, my Hero. A boy came and saved me from those bullies. But unlike the other heroes, he was the one who got beaten up. I thought he would cry. When the adults came and stopped them, I went to him.”

END OF POV

JESSICA’S POV

I smiled as I remembered about what happened that time. Till now, I could still remember it all, every detail.

FLASHBACK

“Are you okay?” my nanny asked me. She was wiping my tears. I looked at her and nodded. Then, I looked at the boy who helped me. He was still sitting on the ground, wiping the corner of his mouth. I looked around to look if someone would go to him, like his nanny, but no one came. I ran towards him, not minding my nanny calling me.

As if sensing my presence standing at his side, he looked up at me. He stood up and waited for what I would say. He was taller than me. His face was dirty. He was bruised. There was blood at the corner of his lips.

“I….” I started but I didn’t know what to say. ‘Are you okay’ or ‘thank you’ or ‘where is your mommy’. I looked down, thinking of what to say first. But I felt him tugging my hand. I looked up at him and saw him smiling widely.

“Hi! I’m Hero, what’s your name?” he asked me.

“Jessica….” I said in a low voice.

“What?” he asked and leaned his ear closer to me.

“J-Jessica,” I repeated.

“Ah… Jessica! Nice to meet you!” he said and extended his hand at me. His hand was dirty. But nonetheless, I still accepted it. It felt warm.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I forgot that my hand is dirt,” he said and tried to pull his hand back but I didn’t let go of him. He looked at me curiously but then smiled and held my hand tighter. That was the start of our friendship. He was my first friend.

END OF FLASHBACK

Then, we always play every day. We became close. He helped me to have friends.”

“So, what is that relation to the tune?” Xiah oppa asked.

FLASHBACK

“Someone told me you were with that girl again when you were in Shanghai!”

“You’re always listening to your friends! I didn’t do anything!”

They were fighting again, my parents. They were hardly home due to their business but every time they were together, all they did was fight. They didn’t even checked on me yet, but started to fight immediately.

I was in my room, crying. I got up and ran to the kitchen, looking for my nanny. Every time my parents were fighting, she would always keep me company and distracted me so I wouldn’t hear the commotion made by my parents.

I asked a maid where my nanny was but she said that she went out to buy some things. I cried harder and went near our gate, waiting for her.

“Psst! Jessica-ah!”

I heard someone called my name so I looked around.

“I’m here!”

I saw Hero oppa outside, waving at me. He went nearer, so was I, until the only thing that separated us was the gate. I opened it immediately and let him in.

“Why are you crying?” he asked in concern.

“Mama and papa are fighting again,” I told him. “I don’t know what to do,” I said and fresh tears started to fall again.

“Hmmm…hmmm….hmmm,hmmm,hmmmm.” I looked at him as I heard him humming something.

“What’s that?” I asked. I was not into music.

“Someone I love made that tune. But it’s not yet complete,” he answered. “Every time your parents fight, just hum a song and listen to your voice or you can also listen to songs and music.”

“Are you also doing that?

He grinned and nodded.

END OF FLASHBACK

“So, he also knows that tune?” Tiffany unnie asked.

“Wait, so he knew the person who made that tune and probably, it was someone close to him. Then it means, there’s a possibility that only a few people knew it,” U-Know oppa concluded.

“But you know it. Why?” Micky oppa asked Youngwoong oppa.

“Wait, Sica-ah, where is that Hero now?” Sooyoung unnie asked. I sighed and felt sad as I remembered the last time I saw him.

“I don’t know. After a few weeks, he went to me and told me that his family needed to go somewhere, in a far place. It was so sudden. He just left me a tiara,” I answered.

“Tiara?” Seohyun asked in a knotted eyebrow. I smiled.

“He said I’m his princess. That day, he made a promise to me. ‘Don’t cry. I will be back. I will look for you. Do you---“ before I could continue, Youngwoong oppa talked.

“---know that you’re my princess? The first time I saw you, you immediately became my crush. I promise, I’ll come back and when that time came, I’ll make you my girlfriend.”

“H-how…” I couldn’t speak. My heart was beating so fast and my tears were threatening to fall. Could he be….?  “A-are you…. H-hero o-oppa?”

He looked at me and smiled tenderly.

“I missed you, Cess.”

I couldn’t help it anymore. I hugged him tight and felt him hugging me back. I found him. He was just with me all along.

‘Princess, don’t cry.’

‘Don’t call me Princess. The other girls are bullying me. They said that someone like me will never be a princess. They were laughing at me.’

‘Hmmm, then I’ll just call you ‘Cess’, short for Princess and it also sounds like the first syllable of your name, ‘Jess’.’

END OF POV

U-Know’s POV

“Wow, what a coincidence!” I exclaimed.

“It’s called Fate,” Yoona told me and we all agreed.

“Wait, your name is Youngwoong. Why did you tell her your name is Hero?” Sooyoung asked.

“Maybe he just told her his English name,” Micky said and looked at Youngwoong, as if to confirm it.

Youngwoong sighed. Wait, something was wrong. He was too quiet, too deep in his thoughts.

“Hey, is something wrong?” I asked him.

“I guess you all have to know about it,” he said and we all looked at one another, wondering what he was talking about.

“About what?”

“Seven years ago, I got into an accident. I was in coma for months. When I woke up, I couldn’t remember anything. The doctor said I have amnesia,” he said and I could hear the others gasped.

Seven years ago…
We had been friends for six years. No wonder when we asked him before about personal information, he couldn’t answer them directly…

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Max asked. I could hear the hurt in his voice. I understand him. Even me, I felt like… he didn’t fully trust us.

“I don’t want others to see me differently and pity me. And I don’t think it is necessary. My mom said that it’s better for me not to remember about my past because there are too many painful memories.”

He looked at me, then at Max, then Micky, and Xiah.

“But that doesn’t mean I don’t trust you, guys. All of you are my best friend, my brothers.”

“I understand, hyung,” Micky said and patted him at the back. While the rest of us kept silent. Seohyun looked at Xiah and held his hand.

“Oppa?”

Xiah looked at her and shrugged.

“It doesn’t matter to me. He’s still my hyung,” Xiah answered. I then, felt everyone’s eyes on me. I sighed.

“Well, we all have secrets kept in our closet. At least, you’ve already opened yours to us,” I answered and smiled at him. Then I looked at Max who was still silent. Among the four of us, he was closest to Youngwoong because he was the youngest while Youngwoong was the oldest. He treated him like a brother he idolized.

“Yah, jerk! Why are you so quiet? Don’t tell us you won’t forgive him. He’s----“ before Sooyoung could continue what she was saying, Yuri already covered .

“Ssshhh. Can’t you see this is a very sensitive topic?” she whispered to her but we could still hear it because it was so quiet. Sooyoung pushed her hand away and glared at her but she didn’t speak anymore. We thought he would just stay quiet but he sighed.

“Honestly, I felt betrayed. I treated you as my big brother and I always tell you everything about me, every secret I have… but thinking about it, my problems are nothing compared to yours. Don’t worry, I’m just a little upset. It will pass,” he said and we knew he was already fine. He was smart, and he would understand it.

The four of us were already fine with it. What about ~~~~~-ah? I looked at her to see her reaction but…. Where was she?

END OF POV

 YOUNGWOONG’S POV

My head hurt. I was so confused. So it was Jessica, after all…. The girl in my dream… the girl in my childhood…

But…

What about ~~~~~-ah?

No one knew but… what I felt the first time I saw Jessica, was the same with what I felt when I first saw ~~~~~-ah…

… like she was familiar…

… like I had known her before…

I even thought, before I met Jessica, that it was ~~~~-ah in my dreams…

My head throbbed.

Damn!

Mom said I shouldn’t force myself to remember… that it was better to forget everything…

… but I felt like something was missing… like my life was not complete… like I was forgetting a very important person… a very important part of my memory… of my life…

END OF POV

YOUR POV

I couldn’t take it anymore. I stood up and silently went home. They didn’t notice me because they were too focused on Jessica and Youngwoong.

As the door closed, my tears started to fall and I couldn’t stop them.

It was so unfair! He also promised me the same thing… that he would come back… that he would look for me…

But when I found out he had amnesia, I started to lose my hope…

But I made new memories….

I made a new bond between us…

But why it was so unfair?

He couldn’t remember me… he forgot about his promise to me…but he remembered her….

Jessica was so lucky. She got his heart, his love, even though I was the one who was with him… even though it was me who became a part of his new memory…

I gave way… I gave him up…

…only to find out that even what I thought was only mine… his childhood memory… was also hers…

In his memory, she was the only one. And me, I’ll always be the shadow, the one that couldn’t be noticed, couldn’t remember, couldn’t be loved…

I stayed home until night came. They went to me a while ago, asking why I went home. I told them I needed to rest because my shift in Blue Dragon would start early today. They didn’t argue, they just gave me some foods to eat.

In Blue Dragon, I was so silent and I knew they noticed that I cried. Dara unnie forced me to go home. She didn’t let me argue with her.

I hated this day! I wanted to work, to think of something else and not about them… not about my childhood… not about Youngwoong and Jessica, not about Jae oppa…

… but I couldn’t even do that…

I was walking in a dark alley. I was the only one here. It was so silent… and I hated it… it made me feel lonelier…

Suddenly, I felt someone ran behind me. The next thing I knew, that person already pulled me to him in the dark, covered my mouth and held me so tight I couldn’t move. I couldn’t see his face because he was behind me.

I was about to struggle when he tighten his hold.

“Sssshhhh…”

Who was he? I needed to escape! My heart was beating so fast. I couldn’t believe that I could still feel fear.

But something was not right.

His hold…

He was holding me tightly… but gently….

I felt… protected…

Then, I heard it.

“Where is the girl?”

“I don’t know. I was sure she went here!”

“She’s just around. Find her!”

“Damn! We can’t let her escape! I’m so right now!”

I froze in fear as I heard the voices of three…. Four men….

I felt the man holding me pushing me forward. What was he doing? Was he one of them?

“Run… and don’t look back,” he said and pushed me forward. I didn’t know what to do. The only thing that was on my mind was his words.

‘Run… and don’t look back.”

And I just felt my feet moving…

“There she is!”

I gripped my bag tightly and ran faster. I thought they were running after me but I just heard some of them shouting.

‘don’t look back’

That was what he said but I couldn’t help myself.

I looked back and saw him fighting them. His back was facing me, as if making himself as a wall between me and the four men. He didn’t let anyone pass him.

I noticed his jacket. There was a big picture of a blue dragon on his back.

Only the owners of Blue Dragon had that jacket. But I was sure it was not Jiyong oppa and the others.

Then it hit me. Could he be… the biggest owner of Blue Dragon? The person who created Jiyong oppa’s gang, Big Bang. The highest-in-command and most respected and powerful leader of Blue Dragon.

END OF POV 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone! It's been a long time! I'm so sorry for a very very, very, late update. I just got busy with my school, then, graduation, and now, in work.

And if you noticed, i've change the title of this story and the foreword but it is still the same, so don't be confused. i just think the new title fit the story more.

Thank you to my new subscribers and to those who left comments. especially to those who are still waiting.

Speaking of which, DO I STILL HAVE READERS?

....

.......

............

...............

okay.. haha! I hope you guys could comment of what you think of this chapter. The whole twist is starting right now. So be prepared, hehe.

Till next time! 

n_n

DATE: September 8, 2014