Chapter 9

Waiting For YOU

3rd PERSON’S POV

 

“Ma, Pa, I’m going to school now. Goodbye,” a nine-year-old you waved at your parents.

 

“Goodbye, sweetheart. Be safe,” your parents waved back at you, watching you took off.

 

You happily went to your school and looked for your friends in the classroom. As you spotted them, you ran on them happily and greeted them. They smiled back at you. You had four friends, all of them were girls. You were glad to be with them and to have friends like them. They were like your sisters.

 

You met them during the first day of the school year. You could still remember that day. You were sitting alone in class while your classmates were having a chat with their group of friends. You were an only daughter and it was not easy for you to be a sociable child. You were always shy and couldn’t start a conversation unless they were the ones to approach you.

 

END OF POV

 

YOUR POV

 

I was sitting alone, looking at my desk, not daring to look up. I was sitting at the back area. Suddenly, there were four girls that sat beside me. I instantly got nervous, though, I hoped that they were nice and would be willing to be my friends.

 

“Hi, I am Aiyoung. These are my friends. They are Jaemin, Eunmi, and Reina. What about you? What’s your name?” the girl who was sitting beside me asked. I flinched and looked at her, shocked. Did she just talk to me? She smiled and looked like she had read my mind. “Yeah, I am talking to you.”

 

“~-~~~. N-nice meeting you,” I answered, stuttering.

 

“You can join our group,” Eunmi said, smiling.

 

“R-really?”

 

“Of course!”

 

“T-thank you.”

 

And that was the start. They became my friends until now that the school year would end soon. I was very glad that I met them. They were really nice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Come on, let’s eat in the canteen. I’m hungry,” Aiyoung said and we all agreed. We were paying our food when Aiyoung tapped my shoulder. I looked at her curiously. “Can you pay for my food? I forgot my money,” she asked and I nodded. “You’re really the best, ~~~-ah!” she exclaimed and hugged me.

 

I was already used in this kind of situation. This happened many times before not only with Aiyoung but with the others too. But I didn’t mind. I was happy that I could help my friends. It was nothing compared to what they had given to me: friendship.

 

As we were eating, they were talking about going to the nearby park which had a playground on it. It was popular to children and it was a place they always go.

 

“~~~-ah, you go with us later, okay?” Jaemin asked me.

 

“H-ha? I- I can’t.”

 

“You’re always like that. Every time we invite you, you always reject us.”

 

“You’re such a killjoy.”

 

“You know I don’t like going to crowded places. I am sure many children will be there later.”

 

“So? That’s why we should go. The more, the merrier.”

 

“I’m sorry, I really can’t.”

 

They sighed. “Fine, it’s your choice.”

 

I know I was a killjoy. It was just… I was not used of crowded places. I lived my life that way and it was pretty hard to change in just a second. So, I went home, thinking if what I did was right.

 

The next day, my friends were talking about what they did at the park yesterday. They were really happy. I was beginning to feel out of place. But the truth, I was used feeling this way. They may be my friends but I was not the same as them so I couldn’t really relate on them. Soon, the teacher came and started her lecture.

 

“Okay, class. We’re going to have a project. It’s a project that is by pair. I will give you the chance to look and choose your own partner,” the teacher instructed us as we looked for our partner.

 

I looked at my friends to ask if they wanted to be my partner. As I looked at them, I could see that they had already decided who their pair would be.

 

I was really happy that I had friends. But there were things that made me feel different and lonely because of them. Like today. As usual, I was left alone in our group. I didn’t have a partner so I had to choose among our other classmates.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Days passed by quickly. I didn’t notice that in only few days, the school year would end soon. But my friends and I already made arrangements so that we could be in one class next school year so I didn’t need to worry.

 

Because it was near the last day of the school year, I agreed when my friends invited me to go with them at the park. I guessed, I needed to change my social life. Luckily, there were just few children around. We were playing happily when I bumped with someone and accidentally stepped on that someone’s foot. I immediately said sorry to that person. The place became unusually quiet.

 

“What sorry?!? Do you know who I am?!?” that someone shouted at me. This voice. I immediately looked at the person and saw four girls in front of me. Oh, no! They were the bullies around our school. They were older than me and my friends. They liked to bully those who were younger than them. What should I do? I immediately looked at my friends and saw their scared faces. I know that they were scared but I was sure that they would help me… right? That was what friends are for, right?

 

Suddenly, I felt someone held both of my arms tightly. I flinched not only in pain but also in fear.

 

“You! Do you want to taste my punishment?!?”

 

“Come on, Minji. Just do it. It has been a long time since we hurt someone.”

 

“That was right. I want to do it again.”

 

“Me, too. Anyway, it will be the end of the school year soon.”

 

I began to get scared even more. I looked at my friends again.

 

“Who are they? Your friends?” Minji asked and smirked.

 

“Really? Then, it became much better. Why don’t you all share your friend’s punishment?” one of Minji’s companions asked. The other children immediately ran away, afraid to be picked on by Minji’s group, too.

 

“N-no! She’s not our friend!” Aiyoung shouted, fear was evident not only in her voice but also her face. I looked at her, shocked.

 

“A-Aiyoung-ah,” I whispered.  No, she was just scared so she said those words… right?

 

“Come on, you don’t have to deny it. See, she knows you.”

 

 “N-no, she thinks she’s our friend. W-we just tricked her to be in our group so that someone will always treat us of our foods.”

 

“T-that’s right! S-she’s not really our friend!”

 

“Ooohhh…” Minji and her companions said, smirking. I looked at my friends, my tears falling down fast on my face. What were they talking about?  They were just lying, right? It couldn’t be true.

 

“Really?” Minji asked again.

 

”Y-yeah! We swear! Who would want to be her friend? We just pretended to be her friend because she can do us a favor,” Aiyoung said. Fear may be still visible from her face but I knew… she wasn’t lying. Her eyes told it all. They didn’t made it all up just to protect themselves but because it was really the truth.

 

“Fine, fine. Now, go away!” Minji shouted.

 

“N-no. Don’t leave. Please don’t leave me alone! Please!” I begged for the last time. If they were my friends, they would stay. Please stay, please…

 

 But they didn’t. They left me… alone… with these bullies…

 

“Pathetic, aren’t you? You shouldn’t have trusted those kids.”

 

They started beating me, not caring about how I feel or if I was hurting, physically… and emotionally. I almost couldn’t feel the hurt they were causing my body. I was there, lying on the sand, not moving, tears falling non-stop from my eyes, not caring about the crazy laughs Minji and her companions were giving me, the satisfaction in it.

 

‘You can join our group’

 

‘You’re really the best, ~~~-ah!’

 

‘N-no! She’s not our friend!’

 

’N-no, she thinks she’s our friend. W-we just tricked her to be in our group so that someone will always treat us of our foods.’

 

‘T-that’s right! S-she’s not really our friend’

 

‘Y-yeah! We swear! Who would want to be her friend? We just pretended to be her friend because she can do us a favor.’

 

Their words kept repeating in my mind. Those words made me numb while the beating continues.

 

After being satisfied on beating me, they stopped.

 

“Just a piece of advice. Don’t trust people easily. You may regret it, just like today.” After that, they left.

 

She was right. I shouldn’t have trusted them. I should have known it but I didn’t. All because of that thing. Friendship. I became blind and deaf because of that thing.

 

I trusted them. I trusted their words. Those words… were all lies… Their words… were acids… inflicting pain inside me, killing me slowly…

 

I treated them as my sisters. I shouldn’t have. I always thought highly of them. I shouldn’t have. They were just nothing. They were just all my imaginations, my illusions, my faked dream. They were just nothing. They were worst than trash, worst than the insects that were lingering on those trashes.

 

I couldn’t believe that this day would come.

 

Betrayal led me to this…

 

 This day, I felt this deep feeling building inside of me….

 

 ...anger…

 

Until…

 

...I just felt nothing…

 

My whole being was enveloped with…

 

...numbness…


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, I updated just now. The supertyphoon changed direction so we don't have to worry anymore, hehe...

Classes will start soon so i will try to update more as I can...

 

Comment replies:

@ aki-chan: hi! hmmm... about ur question,....the answer is.... maybe? haha! don't worry, u'll find out soon...n_n

@iammee: hi! about ur questions... I can't answer it right now, hehe. maybe my next updates will. that's all that I can say, hehe...n_n

@ ohmyjae:hi! sorry that I update just now, hehe. hmmm... don't worry, I will slowly reveal everything in my next updates. promise! n_n

@ BambiJiBin: hi! here is one part of ~~~'s past... Don't worry, u'll find out more in my next updates, hehe... n_n

@ zyrenahre_14: hi! Sori that jaejoong's not in here too, hehe. And here is one part of her past and the other parts will come... soon? hehe...n_n

@ cri_mson: hi! thank u! and yeah, I am safe! hehe... anyway, about ur prediction... it's... a secret! haha! can't say it right now but u'll know soon...n_n

@ Rieanah: Hi! thank u for subscribing, for the comment, and for adding me as a friend! hehe. I am glad that u like my story... and about the "crying" thing, it's not pathetic. I'm glad to get that kind of reaction from my readers actually, hehe. Hope to see ur comment again next time! n_n

@ crescentlove: haha! u already forgot? That was the time that snsd came. Nothing much really happened. n_n

 

So, that's all for now! bye bye!



DATE: May 30, 2011