Chapter 11

Waiting For YOU

 

The Past part II

YOUR POV

I was walking alone, going home. I was still thinking if it was the right decision that I rejected going with my friends at the park when they asked me a while ago. I sighed. What was wrong with me? Why did I hate crowded places so much? Aish! Now, I was regretting not going with them. Suddenly, I felt a need to go somewhere and I had the perfect place to go to. I ran to that place.

It was not too far from our house. You could see trees as you went near it. It looked like a forest but as they said, ‘Don’t judge the book by its cover’. I walked in. All I could see were trees but as you walked more, you’ll discover the beauty it was hiding inside. Okay, I was exaggerating my definition.

 

I unexpectedly found it when my pet, Cheche, a cat, ran out of our house and I needed to run after her. She went here. I was very nervous that time but upon seeing this place, I felt comfortable, peaceful. Thanks to Cheche, we found the way home. Everytime I needed a peaceful place with a bright aura, I always went here with Cheche. But now… Cheche left… She left me and went to heaven… this place had her wonderful memories… I know she was still here, looking after me, ready to comfort me…

Suddenly, I heard something. Footstpeps. I had been here for many times but I didn’t see anyone coming here in those whole times. I suddenly felt the familiar feeling I always felt. Fear… I looked around, looking for signs of whoever it was.I saw a shadow from a distance. I didn’t notice that I was stepping backwards, towards the river. As the person appears, which made me startled, I moved back once more. Bad move because I lost my balance. I shouted and closed my eyes as I prepared myself to feel the water. But it never came.

Instead, I felt someone wrapping his arms around me, pulling me up. I slowly opened my eyes just to see the most handsome boy I ever met. He looked older than me by a few years. Our gaze locked with each other. I could feel my heartbeat beating fast due to what happened a while ago and because of the boy who became my hero.

“Are you alright?” he asked. His voice was like a melody I wanted to hear more. I was still looking at him as he, too stared back at me. “Did you hurt yourself?” he asked again with raised eyebrows, concern was visible in his beautiful but mysterious eyes. I blinked. Upon realizing our position, I immediately freed myself and looked down, blushing. There was an awkward silence that follows. After a while, he broke the silence by asking me again.

“I-I’m fine. And no, I didn’t hurt myself. T-thank you… for helping me,” I said, not able to look at his face.

“It’s nothing. It was my fault. I startled you,” he said again with that melodic voice of his.

“W-why are you here? Do you always go here?” I asked, wanting to talk with him more.

“No. It was my first time seeing this place. Actually, my parents just visit a friend near here,” he answered. I didn’t know why but I felt disappointed. So it means that I wouldn’t be able to see her again.

“Then, why did you come here?” I asked once again, not wanting the conversation to end. If I would not see him again, I would be happy if I could talk to him even in just a short while.

“I was finding someone. I thought he might have come here,” he answered, smiling. I felt my heart skip a beat. Was this what they called ‘crush’? “How about you? Do you always come here?” he asked.

“This is my favorite place,” I answered, smiling. I was glad that he asked me. I didn’t know what more to say to make this conversation be a little bit longer.

“By the way, I am Jae. You can call me Jae oppa. I bet I am older than you?” he said as he extended his hand at me. I nodded. My heart was beating fast while looking at his hand.

“~~~,” I introduced myself as I accepted his hand for a handshake. His hand was soft and warm.

“Nice meeting you, ~~~-ah,” he said as he smiled more at me. I smiled back shyly.

He went to a nearby rock and sat. He looked at me and told me to sit beside him which I gladly obliged. We talked about ourselves, joked with each other, played, and had fun. I was happy that I could talk to him longer and that there was someone who was willing to accompany me. Now, I know that I should not regret not coming to the park with my friends.

“Oh, you said you were looking for someone a while ago, right? Is it fine not to look for him?” I asked, remembering why he had gotten here in the first place.

“Why, you already want me to go?” he asked, acting hurt. I laughed.

“Of course not! I am glad to meet you and talked with you. I am very happy,” I said, sincerely.

“Same with me. Do you live near here?” he asked and I nodded. “And you just came from school,” he concluded and I nodded once again. “Why are you here alone? Where are your friends?”

“They went to the park to play.”

“They didn’t invite you to go with them?” he asked and I shook my head. “I see. So, they did invite you but you refused?” he asked once again and I nodded sadly. “Why? You’re not use to it? I mean, being in crowded places?” he asked once again and I nodded again.

“How did you know?” I asked, wondering how he knew that I hate crowded paces. He chuckled and pinched my nose softly. I blushed.

“It was written on your face. It says ‘I HATE CROWDED PLACES! I HATE CROWDED PLACES!’” he said with a funny voice and I laughed along with him. “Much better. You’re cuter when you smile,” he said, smiling at me. I felt myself blushed again.

We chatted more, not minding the time. We just stopped when we saw that it was getting dark.

“Come, I’ll walk you home,” he offered.

“Uhm, you don’t have to. I just live nearby and I was used going home late whenever I came here so it was not really a problem. You should go. You said you were searching for someone but because of me…”

He pinched my nose softly again. “Don’t worry. I know he was in good hands.”

“How did you know?”

“Just trust me okay? So, are you sure you don’t want me to accompany you?” he asked again and I nodded. With that, we made our way out and went home.

I will never forget this day…

The day I found him…

My first crush…

My prince….

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am very sorry! please forgive me! I didn't have the time to update until now so i am really very sorry!

DATE: August 29, 2011 (It's already been almost 3 months! I'm really sorry!)