Chapter 15

Waiting For YOU

The next day, I was helping my mother cook in the kitchen when we heard someone knocked at our gate. I volunteered to open it.

I stopped in my tracks upon seeing the man outside our house. He was holding his phone, texting, while his other hand was holding a plate of food. He has a fair skin, his hair was slight long. He looked up, sensing my presence. A smile was quickly plastered on his handsome face. The aura coming from him… It was bright. His face… was familiar.

“Hello, I’m Youngwoong, your new neighbor. My mother wanted me to give this to you and your parents in exchange of the food you gave us yesterday,” he said, handing me the plate. I blinked. So, it was him. That was why he was familiar. I didn’t have the chance to look ore at the other pictures yesterday because I concentrated more on his picture when he was still young… when he was still the Jae oppa I knew…

“Uhm, excuse me?” he said, waking me from my thoughts. The plate was still on his hand.

“T-thank you,” I stuttered as I got the plate of food.

“It’s nothing. So, I’ll go first. I’ll just get the plate later,” he said and walked off after I nodded.

What was happening to me? Wasn’t this what I wanted? Wasn’t this what I waited for? I should have had talked to him. Maybe this was the result of me being an anti-social… I sighed.

What was I thinking? He might be Jae oppa but he had already changed… many things already happened that made our lives different from what it used to be…

_____________________________________________________

The next day in school, I was sitting quietly on my chair, as usual. My classmate had their own groups of friends. I rolled my eyes. Yeah right, friends…

“I heard that there will be new students coming in our class later and they are all boys,” one of my classmates squealed.

“Really? Are they handsome?” another one asked and the first girl nodded excitedly. I just shook my head, disgusted. After a while, the bell rang and our adviser came with five boys. I could hear my classmates, mostly girls, whispering but I didn’t mind them. My attention was focused on only one person. Jae oppa…

The five men introduced themselves, earning squeals from the girls. Their names? U-Know, Micky, Xiah, Max and… Youngwoong. That was right. He was not Jae oppa anymore… He was now Youngwoong. They all sat on their assigned seats. I didn’t know if I was lucky or not that Jae oppa’s seat was beside me.

“HI, ~~~~~-ah!” he greeted me, smiling brightly. My heart skipped a beat. How did he know my name? Did he already remembered me?

“My mom told me your name,” he answered, seeing the confusion in my face. My heart sank in disappointment. Of course it was his mother who told him.

When the class started, I didn’t have the time to talk to him again. When break time came, he went to the cafeteria with his friends.

END OF POV

YOUNGWOONG’S POV

I was eating with my friends in the cafeteria when my eyes caught a familiar figure outside, leaning on a big tree that was a few meters far from the cafeteria. It was my neighbor, ~~~~~-ah. The first time I saw her, I already felt comfortable with her. I didn’t know why.

“Who are you looking at?” U-Know asked. My four friends looked at the direction I was looking at.

“Oh, a girl huh? It’s just our first day here and you already found a girl,” Xiah teased.

“Isn’t she your seatmate?” Max noticed and I nodded.

“She looks like a loner,” Micky concluded. It was pretty obvious.

I noticed a group, composed of five girls, coming our way. They stopped as they reached our table and smiled.

“Hi! We are your classmates---,” she was saying something when I interrupted her.

“So, you know `~~~~~-ah?” I asked. They looked shocked but tried to control their smiles.

“~~~~~-ah? Of course. She’s a loner, have always been. No one wanted to be her friend. They don’t even wanted to come near her. She’s a snob and scary,” she answered and me and my friends nodded. I looked at them and they looked back at me. As expected, we had the same thoughts.

I got up and made my way to where she was.

END OF POV

YOUR POV

I was sitting alone at my favorite spot. It was so peaceful and silent. Just a place I wanted and needed. I closed my eyes, savoring the peaceful moment. Suddenly, I felt someone’s presence behind me. I was shocked as I looked at who it was. What was he doing here?

He came near me with that smile he had yesterday, playful yet… sincere. It was only a proof that he had changed. He wasn’t the Jae oppa I knew before… the Jae oppa who had an innocent smile.

“What are you doing here alone?” he asked as he sat beside me.

“Spending my free time,” I answered.

“You don’t want to eat? Come on, let’s go in the cafeteria. My friends want to meet you.” I looked at him, confused.

“Your friends?”

“Yeah. Why? Don’t you want to be friends with us?” he asked.

“No, thanks,” I decided.

“Why?”

“I… lived almost all my life without friends.” Yeah, almost… because I once has what you called ‘friends’ and one of them … was you.

“Then you should start having friends now. You can start with us,” he insisted. I looked at him. If only you remembered everything… maybe it would become better… and easier…

“I promise, we’ll be good and faithful friends!” he promised as he raised his right hand.

“Faithful? I once gave my trust to what you called ‘friends’… and you know what happened? I lost faith to everyone,” I told him. He was shocked. I didn’t know what happened but I just found myself telling him what happened to me seven years ago. I almost told him about our past; fortunately, I remembered his mother’s plea.

Maybe because I had kept all of my emotions inside that now that I had opened it, it all came out. But I didn’t cry. I promised myself I wouldn’t cry again.

Or maybe it was easier for me to open up to him because he was… Jae oppa…

I looked at him, expecting to see pity… but I didn’t see it. Instead, he smiled at me and hold my right hand, squeezing it with his. I felt that feeling I once forgot as I felt the warmth of his hand. It was not so cold anymore… something warm was building inside me…

He got up, still holding my hand. I had decided. I waited for him for seven years and now, he kept his promise. He came back, he approached me, and now he wanted to become a part of my life again… He didn’t betray me… He did, even without his memories, became faithful to his promise.

I stood up and walked with him to the cafeteria. I could see the shocked expression of the students as we stepped in. I immediately put on my usual face as we walked to one table. There, I found his friends smiling and waving at us.

“Hi! I’m Xiah, the ‘clown’ of the group.”

“I’m U-Know, the ‘leader’ of the group.”

“I’m Micky, the ‘quiet’ one in the group.”

“I’m Max, the ‘cutest’ among the group.”

“Cutest your !” Xiah protested.

“And I’m Youngwoong, the ‘coolest’, ‘hottest’, and most handsome among the group,” Youngwoong bragged that again, gain protests from his friends. I smiled as I watched them arguing. They stopped arguing and smiled as they looked at me. I immediately felt conscious.

“Why?”

“It’s better when you smile,” Youngwoong commented. In just a few minutes of being with them, I already changed.

 Since then, I found new friends. We were always together. My parents were very happy for me. I was still the same with other people but once I was with them, I changed.

I could feel myself feeling something for Youngwoong. Who wouldn’t? He was son sweet… so caring…

But he was also a playboy like his friends. I just kept it to myself even though I felt hurt everytime I saw him with other girls.

But, two years after…

… more changes happened…

````~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi! Lucky, I can update today!

Anyway, I want to thank my new subscribers! thank u so much!

I hope u'll like this update!n_n

Comment replies:

brokensketchbook: thank u for ur comment! I'm glad that I, I mean my story, can make u smile, hehe. Anyway, about ur question, u'll find out soon. It is actually related to the big twist in the story, hehe. Anyway, hope u'll like this update! thank u!n_n

angel_min: thank u for ur comment! u always comment in my stories and I really appreciate it!*cries* Anyway back to the story, haha, about ur question, like I said to brokensketchbook, u'll find it out soon and it is related to the big twist in the story so I hope u r still there until the big twist came. Thank u again, so much! n_n

Anyway, I also updated my other story 'It All Started With A Bet' so to my readers there, please check it out!

That's all for today, thank u!

I'll update again as soon as I can!n_n

DATE: September 26, 2011