Kris' Confession

EXO: The Boys From Another Planet

Lu Han paced back and forth in front of the apartment building. It had been four hours since he last saw Jang Mi. He had been around looking for her but she was nowhere in sight. He started to get panicked. What will happen to him if anything happen to Jang Mi?

He had sent the boys all over to find her. He even begged Kris to fly around the city to find her. He thought Kris would refuse, but the Captain did not hesitate. He flew straight away and hadn’t been back since. The other boys had been running around and half of them had been back, although he told them to go to find her again straight away.

Pop! Kai appeared out in front of him.

“Where is she?!” Lu Han reached for him immediately.

“I’ve been looking for her everywhere, Han. I have no idea where she is,” Kai answered desperately.

Lu Han grew angry. “Again! Go find her!” He shoved Kai’s body and went into the other direction where Suho and Tao came closer. They were exhausted. “Where….”

“We couldn’t find her,” Tao told him before he finished what he was going to say.

He reached and grabbed Tao’s collar. “Again! Go find her again!” he hissed to him.

Suho tried to pull him away from Tao. “Lu Han, calm down. We will find her, let Tao go.”

“Calm down, she’s probably goes to find her friends,” Kai tried to pulled Lu Han from Tao, who were not trying to remove Lu Han’s grip from his collar. He just stared at Lu Han with pity.

“She’s not there,” Baek Hyun and Chan Yeol appeared behind them. “I’ve been to Sung Hyo and Lay had been to Yoon Hee’s, but she’s not there.”

Lu Han shook his head and now went to Suho, pleading. “Suho… we have to find her. If something happen to her… I… I… I don’t know what will happen to me,” he bit his lower lip and holding the choking feeling he felt in his throat.

Suho nodded and put his arm around Lu Han’s understandingly. “We will Han. Don’t worry, all of us care about Jang Mi like you do. We will find her…”

“You don’t have to,” Kris descended from the sky and landed between them. He looked around and then looked at Lu Han straight in the eyes. “She’s fine. She just wants to be alone for now. She’ll be back soon.”

Lu Han went forward and grabbed Kris’s arm, “Where is she, Kris? You found her?”

He nodded. “I found her…, on the Café’s rooftop,” Lu Han his heels, ready to run toward the café. “… but she doesn’t want to see you, Han.”

Lu Han stopped on his track and slowly turned and looked at Kris with disbelief. “What?”

“She doesn’t want to see you,” The Captain repeated. Lu Han was still staring at him. “She wants to be alone. She’ll be back when she’s ready.”

Lu Han stood there dumfounded, not believing what his ears just heard. Jang Mi did not want to see him. But he has to see her. He has to make sure was she alright or not. He has to see her face and make sure he will be fine because she’s safe and sound. He has to see her smile.

“Everyone, you should be back inside. Jang Mi will call when she’s ready. And I want Kai to pick her up when she calls. Understand?” Kris told the other boys.

“Yes, Captain,” they saluted him and one by one went back to the apartment.

But Lu Han stayed on his ground, still looking confused. Tao went to his side and touched his shoulder and squeezed it.

“You should come inside. I’ll go and check her,” the younger boy whispered.

Lu Han turned his head to Tao. He forgot, Tao too cares a lot of Jang Mi. Jang Mi always treated Tao like her little brother that she favorite the most, while Lay was like her older brother she cares the most and Lu Han… how was she treated Lu Han? At first she treated him like a friend. Then best friend… and then something else he did not know what. But never brother. She had never treated Lu Han the way she treated the other boys. And now she did not want to see him.

He took a deep breath and shook his head. “No, Tao… you go inside. You must be tired. I’ll stay here, I’ll wait for her.

“Are you sure?” Tao looked concerned.

“I’m sure,” he nodded and gave Tao an unconvincing grin.

Tao sighed but nodded. He turned and went inside, leaving Lu Han with Kris outside. Kris came forward and stood before Lu Han.

“Han,” he called out his name.

Lu Han looked up to meet his gaze.

Kris crossed his arms, “I just want you to make sure of your feeling, because I don’t want both of you to get hurt. Tell me what do you feel about Jang Mi?” Kris went straight to the point.

“I…,” he gritted his teeth and looked away. “I don’t know.”

“You better make sure of what you feel because Jang Mi is out there, crying her heart out because you don’t know how you feel toward her,” Kris sighed loudly and Lu Han stared at the Captain wide eyed.

“W… what did you just say?”

Kris took a deep breath. “Jang Mi likes you, you idiot. But I don’t know how she has idea that you don’t like her when it obvious that you’re head over heels for her. I think that’s why she doesn’t want to see your face and preferred to hide away.”

Lu Han suddenly becomes giddy. “I… I… but I … I thought you said I can’t like her because we’re going home.”

Kris rubbed his temple. “I can’t hold your feelings, Han. Because I know how it feels. I just thought I could prevent this from happening. But look what happen to both of you? Torturing yourselves like slaves of Jupiter.”

“That’s means?” Lu Han’s eyes rounded up hopefully.

“I take back what I said.”

Lu Han quickly grabbed Kris into his arms and squeezed the tall Captain. “Thank you! Thank you, Kris.”

Kris chuckled and tapped Lu Han’s back. “You’re welcome.”

Lu Han released Kris all of a sudden and turned his heels and run along the street.

“Wait! Where’s are you going?” Kris’s yell made him stopped.

“I’m going to find her,” he said with ragged breath out of excitement.

“But she doesn’t want…”

“I’ll make her want to see me. I’ll tell her that I like her… a lot.” He grinned widely and went running again ignoring Kris who was calling out his name.

Lu Han ran along the street with his head filled with buzz of excitement. Jang Mi liked him. Those words were like endorphin to his system. He couldn’t stop until he reached the café. He ran out of breath when he arrived at the café’s door, he tried to open it but it was locked. He went around to the back and found the key at the stash where Mr. Yoo keeps it and went straight inside. He advanced toward the stairs and went straight to the rooftop. But no one was there.

Lu Han looked around and searched to every corner but Jang Mi was nowhere in sight.

“Jang Mi? Jang Mi?!” He called her around but there was no answer.

She sat down and looked around, hoping that Jang Mi will suddenly materialize out of nowhere. He waited and waited until the dawn broke, but still no Jang Mi. Lu Han started to get worry. He sat down again and tried to concentrate really hard. He might be able to reach Jang Mi if she wanted to open her mind for him.

“Please Jang Mi…,” he whispered. He tried harder and harder that his nose started to bleed purplish blue blood. The Exonian’s blood.

Lu Han…

Lu Han opened his eyes and his breath ragged. “No….”