Wingardium Leviosa

EXO: The Boys From Another Planet

 

It was their second day of work. It was the first time the café has so many customer that some has to wait in a queue along the stairs. Jang Mi, who came to work at mid day after her classes ended, peered at the lines of customer open mouthed. What are those flocks of people doing in her sanctuary? Her bookshop… where she hid behind the counter until once in a while someone buys one of those old book. She looked around and found Lu Han, trying to arrange a line of book while a bunch of girl sneaking a peek and trying to snap pictures of him.

“Xi Lu Han!” Jang Mi quickly went to him, hissing his name. “What is this? Why all these people here?”

“Lee Jang Mi!” Lu Han beamed at her, and as usual… the girl did not affected while the other girls squealed and snap a thousand pictures of the amazing smile with their phone. “From what I heard… they came to see the good looking boys,” he looked around and leaned closer to Jang Mi and whispered. “I don’t know who or where these good looking boys are, but these girls seems like mistook me as one of them.”

“I think so too,” Jang Mi nodded… dense, stupid and slow as always…. Make that both of them. *sigh* “But why are they queuing for the café?”

Lu Han shrugged. “Maybe the coffee is delicious? Captain Kris seemed to get addicted to this cappuccino thing.”

“Despite the weird art, Lay’s cappuccino I can believe… but Su Ho’s espresso is just dreadful,” she shuddered. Lu Han chuckled. “Oh well, Mr. Yoo must be very happy.” She shrugged and went to her place behind the counter.

Jang Mi was starting to drown in a book she was reading, ignoring Lu Han who get deeper and deeper behind the bookshop, trying to hideaway from his paparazzi. She was getting deeper and deeper into the book when she felt a tug on her mind and frowned. She tilted her head in confusion before came back to her book, but she felt it again. A stronger tug in her mind urged her to look around. She looked around and saw nothing but some girls giggling on the stairs, waiting for their turn to get into the café. ‘Lee Jang Mi,’ the tug in her head turned into an urge voice. ‘Help!’ She spun around to where she felt the tugging voice from and walked slowly. ‘Lee Jang Mi…,’ the voice begged desperately and with a start she realized it was Lu Han’s.

The boy was cornered up by a bunch of girl, he was stuck between a pile of books while the girls around him keeps taking pictures and asking for his name. The boy was looking pale.

“Lu Han?” Jang Mi came closer.

Lu Han saw her and relieve washed his face, “You came!” Lu Han quickly excused himself from the girls grip and hid behind frowning Jang Mi, although that mean he has to shrunk himself because of the height difference.

“Is something wrong here, customers?” Jang Mi asked the girls.

“Onni, who are you?” one of the girls asking irritatedly of how close Lu Han with Jang Mi.

“I’m an employee here,” she pointed at her name tag. “If you’re looking for a specific book, I can help you. I know where every book is,” she offered a smile.

“We want that Oppa to help us,” another girl pointed at Lu Han, who gripped Jang Mi’s sleeve and trying to tug her back.

“This Oppa…,” she pulled Lu Han and forced him to stand next to her, facing their customers, “is a new employee. He doesn’t even know where the teenlit section is.”

“What’s a teenlit?” Lu Han asked absent mindedly.

“That was so cute…,” one of the girls sighed dreamily at Lu Han.

Jang Mi looked baffled. Cute? Lu Han? She peered at Lu Han, the latter felt her gaze and looked back and gave her that bright smile again. Jang Mi felt a tingle on her chest. Okay, that was… maybe a little cute.She cleared and faced her customers again. “If you need any help looking for a book, I can help. This Oppa…,” she pushed Lu Han toward the cashier counter, “is going to help you when you buy the book.”

The girls quickly grabbed the closest book to them and went straight to the cashier. Jang Mi rolled her eyes. “Did they even realize they just bought Economics World book? Even I don’t read those.” She shook her head and went to the cashier to help Lu Han dealing with his fangirls.

A few moments after all Lu Han’s fan girls went home, Sung Hyo and Yoon Hee appeared on the bookshop’s door. Jang Mi waved excitedly to her friends. “Girls! I’m so happy you guys visiting me at work. What’s going on?”

Sung Hyo giggled. “Is it true the boys from yesterday works here?” She looked around and spotted Lu Han behind the counter. “It’s true, eh…,” she waved to Lu Han and he gave a polite smile in return.

“Is that mean Kris is here too?” Yoon Hee beamed at her.

“Kris? I thought you girls are here for me,” she scoffed. “That Al… man is upstairs,” she pointed at the ceiling.

“I’ll see you later then, darling…,” Sung Hyo moved fast passed her toward the stairs to the café.

“See you! Bye Lu Han,” Yoon Hee waved to Lu Han and followed Sung Hyo’s steps excitedly.

Jang Mi stared at the direction where her friends were gone. They went into fangirls mode… toward the Stupid Captain! she scoffed.

“Why don’t you like the Captain? He’s a good person,” Lu Han asked from behind the counter.

“He always gets on my nerves with every word he said. He thinks of me as his shipmates and keep ordering me around like a slave…,” she stomped and turned toward the pile of books she was sorting.

“Your thoughts are not as harsh as your words. You basically just thought that he was plainly annoying,” Lu Han chuckled.

“Stop reading my mind, Alien! I thought I made that clear!” she glared at him then carried a pile of book to a book shelf on the corner of the shop.

“Would you please stop calling me Alien? I’m not an Alien like what you imagined,” he scoffed and kept sorting the books on the table.

“It’s true that you don’t have green skin, nasty acid saliva, fangs, and six hands,” Lu Han shook his head at the comment and chuckled. “But you’re not from this planet, so basically you are an Alien. That’s why I call you that,” she climbed the ladder for reaching the higher shelf and put the new books there.

“You can call me by my name,” he piled another book on the top of the last one, eyeing Jang Mi on the top of the ladder.

“Okay then, Luuuu Haaaaaaan,” she called out his name with a singing voice.

Lu Han smiled and yelled back. “What, Jaaaang Miiiiii?”

Jang Mi laughed at her spot on the top of the ladder. “Bring me those book you just piled, I need to put them here,” she pointed at the empty shelf in front of her.

“Coming,” with a bright smile he took the piled books and walked toward Jang Mi.

“Thank you, Lu Han,” Jang Mi bowed her head grandly like giving a curtsy.

“My pleasure, Jang Mi,” he held up the book on the top of his head and she took the whole pile. And put it on her lap.

“Great, now shush… go back to your place,” she jokingly made a gesture to tell him to go away.

Lu Han shook his head but laughed. He turned and was going to move toward the cashier when he accidentally kicked the lower side of the ladder, causing the ladder to stumble. Jang Mi’s eyes went wider as the ladder moved and she was putting the pile of books on the shelf.  Lu Han watched as the ladder bobbing dangerously and Jang Mi was not holding to anything but the books.

Jang Mi closed her eyes tightly expecting for a hard lading with a case of a big bump on her head when it hit the shelf behind her and a pouring rain of books as the books she held were now no longer in her hands. But instead of the hard floor she expected, she landed on a less hard place, not exactly a soft one, I would say, but much more safer that the floor.

 She opened her eyes and found herself on Lu Han’s arms. He was catching her in a cradle. Jang Mi gaped at Lu Han who were concentrating on something else above him. She stared at the boy with fluttering heart for quite a long minute until she realized the boy would not look back to her. She followed Lu Han’s gaze and her jaw dropped. She stared at Lu Han and then back at the books that were floating on the top of their head.

She gulped her saliva and let out the only thing on her mind. “Did you just Wingardium Leviosa-ed them?”