Chapter 28

Arranged Marriage to a Jerk aka Kim Jaeseop

~Aj's POV~

I bolted throught the heavy rain. 

Min-Su.

Min-Su. 

Min-Su. 

I needed to get to her as soon as possible, I had her earphones, she wouldn't be able to block out the sounds. 

My heart was beating furiously as I got drenched in the rain. The thought of her possibly crying was tugging at my heart painfully. 

Once I had raced up the stairs, I ran through the door; her sobs instantly capturing my ears. 

I headed to the kitchen, where her cries were coming from and found her crouched behind the counter with her hands tightly clamped onto her ears as tears flowed down her cheeks, with her repeatedly calling Min-Woo's name. 

"MIN-SU," I yelled instantly pulling her into my arms and placing the earpods into her ears. 

She suddenly became limp and fell into my hold. As if not realising how soaked I was. 

"I'm here now," I murmered against her forehead as I held her tightly. 

The tears continued to flow down her cheeks, she was trying to properly breath as she took in huge gulps of air.

I felt a painful tug at my heart. 

This was all my fault. I shouldn't have taken her earphones. 

But there was no time for beating myself up, I had to take care of her first. 

I lifted her up in my arms and took her upstairs. 

I laid her down on the bed and turned to go change but she grabbed my wrist.

"Please stay," she whispered.

"Let me go change, I won't even take a minute okay," I assured her and rushed to the bathroom to change out of my wet clothes. I didn't need her getting a cold from me. 

Once changed, I got into bed with her and just held her. 

I held her in my embrace and she clung onto me, not letting me move. I had never seen Min-Su so vulnerable before and it was breaking my heart.

Even after the storm had passed, she stayed in my arms. I held her, protected her. To let her know she would be safe with me and that I'd be there for her no matter what. 

Even after she had fallen asleep, I still stayed with her, not having the strength to get up and leave her alone. 

*            *              *

"Min-Woo moved in next door when I was 3 and a half years old and my mother and I went to welcome them to the neighbourhood. At first I was scared of him but once we'd practically been forced to play with each other by our mothers, we just clicked. We had so much fun together just on the first day that I was upset to go back home," Min-Su began.

She had calmed down and I'd made her some hot chocolate to help keep her warm. She wanted to tell me the story of Min-Woo and why it shook her life so much. So I sat in bed with her as I listened to her soft voice, as she told me about her childhood. 

"Ever since that day, we became inseprable. We went to the same childcare, primary school, high school and even planned on applying for the same university. I had a crush on him ever since I was 11 years old but I never planned on confessing because I thought it would make our friendship awkward. But on my thirteenth birthday, he confessed and said he liked me. I was really happy and even though we didn't have fancy dates and all, we just liked spending time with each other. We just knew we were meant to be and never even looked at other people. When we were 15, Min-Woo suprised me with a ring. He claimed it to be a promise ring. He said with that ring, he promised to one day marry me. And we never once doubted that our relationship wouldn't work out. We were so sure. We enjoyed our time like that and I even began looking at things for our wedding even though we were still in school," she smiled as she wiped a tear away. 

"But then he left me. He left me even though we were only 17. We were walking home from a movie when it began to rain. I ran under the closest shelter to save myself from the thunder and lightning. But he refused to join me, he wanted me to jump around with him and dance in the rain. I kept urging him to join me so lightning wouldn't strike him since it'd been happening lately to a lot of people. Well since I watched the news so much, I'd heard of many accidents like that. But he refused to come under the shelter. He was happy in the rain but then my worst nightmare came true. It struck him, lightning hit him," she said quickly wiping the tears away that had escaped. "And that's when it all went downhill. When he fell from the hit, he lost too much blood but also had internal bleeding due to the lightning. We held hope that the surgery would save him. He was in a coma after the surgery but 26 hours later, he was gone," she whispered the last part. 

I moved over and wrapped my arms around her. 

"I became depressed, I refused to date or even go out with friends. I sat in my room and just thought of him. To keep my parents happy, I worked. I started university but later dropped out, it was the university we both planned on attending and he wasn't there. I also stopped dancing after he left, dancing was my hobby but I stopped because he wasn't there to help me prefect my dances and watch me anymore. Basically I stopped everything that linked back to him, it was just too hard. We had to finish university, get married, have kids and spend our whole lives together. But it never went according to plan. And then this happened, my parents arranged a marriage, I was furious because I was still hanging onto Min-Woo. When I first saw you, I couldn't help but compare you to Min-Woo. But once I began to live with you, you somehow managed to get my mind off him, I began to show emotions besides sadness. I didn't like you back then but I was glad you took my mind off Min-Woo, slowly making me go back to the person I used to be.  I was happy that you took my mind off Min-Woo but what I didn't expect was that I'd grow to like you. And now, I'm so ever grateful to you and I'm happy..again,"

"I'm so sorry about Min-Woo," I stated, "I'm just- I don't know what to say. He sounds like an amazing person," I smiled at her.

"He was," she nodded. "It's okay Jaeseop. Thanks for listening," she said leaning back into my chest, "it makes it easier now that I've got that off my chest and actually told someone the story clearly,"

"It that he left you and I'm sorry you had to go through so much on your own but I'm here now and I'll look after you. I'll make sure you don't go down that path again. And I have to send a big thank you to Min-Woo for sending you my way," I stated. 

She chuckled, "Min-Woo would probably want to beat you up at first but then he'd like you,"

"And I'm sure I'd like him too,"


Hey everyone~!

Lame chapter I know, but at least all this boring shiz is out of the way. 

Look forward to hopefully some happy and better chapters~yay!

Thanks for all the lovely comments and glad to see the familar users still around, patiently waiting for my story^^ I lub you for it !!

Comment your thoughts and vote if you find it worthy pleaseee ^_^

Welcome my new subbies, I welcome you with open arms.

Thanks once again for your amazing support, I really appreciate it^^

But until next time folks~*salutes you*

P.S. Comment, vote and subscribe for me? Thanks. Hugs and Kisses. Love you.