Chapter 24

Arranged Marriage to a Jerk aka Kim Jaeseop

~Aj's POV~

"I still think this is a bad idea," I commented as Min-Su and I took a seat across from the newly engaged couple. 

"Aj, it's about time we went on a double date. It's going to be fun," Kevin rolled his eyes. 

"I would find it fun if I actually liked my wife. You're with someone you actually love, I have to tolerate this evil creature," I commented. 

I gulped because I actually had feelings for her. But she would never know, because she'd probably laugh in my face. 

We were dressed in formal clothes since Kevin and Angel picked the venue, so it was all fancy.

"Just be polite idiot," Min-Su slapped my arm, "thank you guys for inviting us," she smiled. 

This is why you should never get married. Girls suddenly think they can control you just because you're married. 

----

"The food was delicious tonight," Min-Su smiled taking a spoonful of her dessert. 

Everyone agreed nodding their heads, "Not really," I added. 

To be honest, the food was great but no way was I agreeing to her. It was too fun going against her. 

"Why is it so hard for you to agree with anything I say?" Min-Su shot as if reading my mind.

"Because you're always wrong," I replied. 

"I am not, why is so hard for you to have a normal conversation with me. What type of husband are you?" she snapped.

"What type of husband am I?" I scoffed, "seriously, like you can talk," 

"What do you mean?" she angrily replied. 

"Coming home from work after midnight, always going to see your supposed work friend David. Are you sure you're not sleeping with him?" I snapped, with my anger and jealousy getting the best of me.

She gasped, "that's not fair Aj. You don't know what my job is so you don't get to assume why my hours are late. I may hate you but I would never be unfaithful to this marriage because I actually have morals," she replied. 

"You have morals? Please. That's just too funny," I mocked. 

"Guys," Kevin tried to intervene but he was totally ignored. 

"Unlike the jerk you are, I have morals Jaeseop. I feel sorry for your parents who have a pathetic failure of a son,"

"MIN-SU," Kevin and Angel quickly yelled. 

"I may not be the perfect child like you are to your parents, but I don't need a constant reminder that I'm a failure to my family," I replied in a low voice. 

Her eyes grew big and apologetic, "Wait Jae-,"

"Save it," I got up and left the table. 

----

I sat by the river and threw in a pebble after a pebble. 

Deep in thought. 

"Jaesop, are you satisfied with being a failure to us," my dad yelled at me. 

"Dad, no. I will work harder this time! Please, I'm not a failure," I begged with tear-brimmed eyes. 

I threw another pebble with more force. I was still angry at myself for what happened many years ago. I had proven myself, I had got into Columbia University, I had worked harder and I did succeed in the end. But the memories of my disappointed mother, and frustrated father due to my repeated exam failures were still hard to get over. The pain written across my parents faces were etched into my brain and was something I wish I could forget. 

Though it was easier said than done.

The sorow on my parents faces that were there because of me made my heart clench in pain.

"Jaeseop," I heard her soft voice and I froze.

I ignored her and threw another pebble into the lake. 

She took a seat beside me and I could feel her warmth radiating off her on this cold night. I didn't dare turn to look at her. 

"What I said was unfair and I'm so sorry Jaeseop," she started.

"You are definently not a failure Jaeseop, don't let it get you down. I'm so so sorry for saying that because I am so wrong. You are so successful and what happened when you were young does not matter any more because you worked hard and became something big. You have so many people around the world that love you and your parents couldn't be more proud. Look in front of you, you have a great life ahead of you, you can't let the past bring you down. My choice of words were wrong and I said it out of anger, I absolutely didn't mean any of it," she explained and it somehow made me feel a little better. 

"I remember when your parents came over to visit before we got married. They went on about how you were the perfect son and they wanted the best for you. They bragged about what an amazing son you are and went on about how proud they were of you. They told me that if you treated me the same as you treat them, I would feel like I was royalty and everyday I found it hard to believe it because you were such a jerk," she chuckled,"But we just don't get along, hence why you were like this. But one day," her voice slightly broke and my eyes grew wide. 

Was she holding in a cry?

"One day, you'll find someone you truly love and she's going to be so lucky to have you. She'll make you feel good about yourself, something I failed in doing as a wife," my heart clenched at her words. 

And it suddenly came to my realisation, whenever I thought of the future, she seemed to be there. And when she mentioned about me finding someone I love, I just couldn't imagine another girl as my wife. How come I never took notice of this before? Whenever I thought of doing things, even 5-10 years in the future, I never thought of them without Min-Su lingering around in the background of my plans. I knew we'd get divorced eventually but how come she was automatically in my future. Did I unconciously want her in my future. Now that I thought of my future without her, I felt empty and incomplete. It felt painfully odd to not have her in the picture. 

Was Min-Su the one?


Hey there~~so this chapter was boring and lame :p

I was going to make it longer but then it would be too long and the better parts are saved for the next chapter which will be continued on from this, so loook forward to it~!

So sorry this chapter wasn't my best, I hope you stick around for the next one, because it will be better~hopefully :s

I'm suffering writers block atm..ugh~ It cause I'm not getting any good ideas DX That's why this chapter is sah boring :(

But I will try to have an update in the next 2-3 days because I'm continuing it from here so hopefully it shall be good :)

Thanks to my lovely readers, commenters and subscribers~~you guys are ahmazing~~!! You guys make my story feel appreciated :') And make me heaps happy <3

Thanks so so so much~~please continue to show your support^^ I love you all~<333

Thanks y'all once again and please subscribe and comment!!

Stay awesome. ^_^