Eli Chapter 2

Unworldly Link

                Eli had schedules all day. First they had a magazine interview, then a photo shoot for the same magazine. Then Eli had to film for his food show with NSYoonji. He finished his schedule at around 8pm.  The members decided to go to the practice room for a short practice.

                They all got into the practice room and Eli sat on the floor staring at himself in the mirrored wall, very intently. Dongho leaned over his shoulder as Eli was opening his eyes really wide, examining his eyes. “Hyung? What are you doing?” Eli sighed. “My dream has been stuck in my head all day.” Dongho smirked and sat behind him, resting his chin on his shoulder. “Was it a girl dream?” Eli nodded. “Yeah, but nothing interesting happened. I ended up teaching her the foot work to DoraDora.” Dongho laughed.

                “You have weird dreams. Was she pretty?” Eli nodded. “She was cute. She was white, had like reddish brown hair a little past her shoulders and glasses. She was small too.” Dongho nodded. “She sounds pretty cute. Too bad it was only a dream.” Eli sighed and nodded.

                Soohyun clapped his hands together and everyone stood and got into position to practice Stop Girl. They went through the song a couple times and then Dongho started complaining. “I’m tired. Can we go to bed now? We have been busy all day.” Everyone nodded in agreement.

                In the van Dongho sat next to Eli. “Hyung, maybe you will dream about that girl again!” Eli laughed. “You know I don’t normally dream.” Dongho smiled and nodded. “Then she is welcome in my dreams!” Eli elbowed him. Then he got confused as to why he did that. She was just a figment of his imagination. She wasn’t real. Dongho laughed and started playing on his phone.

                They got back to the dorm and Eli went to take a shower. Dongho came running in with a towel. “Hyung! Let’s shower together!” Eli nodded and turned the water on and stripped down and got into the shower and started washing the sweat off. Dongho quickly scurried into the shower and put the shampoo on his hair and waited for the shower head. Eli seemed to be mindlessly spraying himself with water. Dongho could feel the shampoo slowly moving down his forehead. “Hyung… I will go blind soon… Hurry!” Eli blinked a couple times and suddenly sprayed him in the face.

                “There. You aren’t blind now.” Dongho took the shower head from him and rinsed his head as the older boy put shampoo into his own hair. The younger boy smiled at his hyung. “So if you dream about that girl again, will you teach her the rest of the choreography?” Eli laughed and put the bubbles that were on his hand, on Dongho’s face. Dongho rinsed it off and pouted. Eli took the shower head and rinsed his hair. Dongho put conditioner in and squirted some on top of the other boys head. Eli handed over the shower head as he rubbed the conditioner into his hair.

                “Dongho, you are weird.” Dongho had the shower spraying in his ear, so he couldn’t hear. He looked at Eli with an innocent expression “Huh?” Eli smiled and took the shower head back and kicked Dongho out of the shower, now that he finished washing his hair. Dongho laughed and wrapped a towel around his waist and left the bathroom.

                Eli sighed. He couldn’t stop thinking about what Dongho had said. Even though the dream was weird, he kind of wanted to continue it.

                He turned off the water and went to his room. He put on a pair of sweat pants and laid in his bed and stared at the clock, it was almost midnight. He fell asleep and suddenly he was back in the sideways bedroom. This time he was on the floor and didn’t have to fall 6 feet. He looked around and smiled. “It looks like Dongho was right. I will dream about her again.”

                He walked to the door and opened it and went through the first room, and went straight to the room he had saw her in the night before. She wasn’t there. He went through the white and blue hallway and opened the door to the paint splattered room. He went over to the couch and looked around disappointed. “I guess she isn’t here this time.” He sat on the couch and stretched his legs out on the couch and relaxed.

                After about 10 minutes, Jade suddenly appeared on his lap. He smiled “Hey.” She turned her head towards him and suddenly stood up and apologized. Eli laughed. “So that’s how it works here. I showed up in the sideways room again.” He smiled at realizing she would always appear in this room and he would always appear in the other room. She looked at him very confused. “Since when do dreams continue…”

                Eli smiled and nodded. “It is weird. Every thing is the same as yesterday.” He saw her eyes go towards his bare torso. “How come you aren’t wearing a shirt?” Eli shrugged his shoulders. “I went to sleep without one?” she looked down at herself examining what she was wearing.

                He saw that she looked like she had been crying and stood up and looked closely at her face. “How come your eyes are puffy? Were you crying?”  Jade reached up and covered her eyes. “No!” He realized that she really had been crying and smiled and sat back on the couch. He motioned for her to sit next to him. “Why were you crying?” He smiled a bit to himself as she sat on the couch, cross legged, leaving a bit of space between them. “It’s stupid.” She laughed. “I was watching White Christmas.” Eli started laughing. He had never met anyone who cried because of Christmas movies. “You were crying at a Christmas show?” She pouted. He thought it was cute when she pouted like that. “Not a Christmas show, the Korean drama.” Eli had seen that show. He nodded and understood. “There is quite a difference there. You know Korean? Then why are we speaking English?” He usually dreamed in Korean so if she knew it, there was no reason for them to be speaking English.

                Jade sighed “I watch them with English subtitles online. I only know a few words and phrases.” Eli nodded and went back to sitting sideways on the couch and rested his arm on his knee. He was happy to be able to dream about her again. “You disappeared last time.” Jade looked at him and laughed. “I guess that was when I woke up.” They both laughed. He thought it was funny that the girl he created in his dream thought she could wake up.

                Eli rested his chin on his arm that was on his knee. What Dongho told him in the shower suddenly popped into his head “Should we continue from where we left off?” She laughed. “How did you know that I am supposed to learn your part for that song?” Eli looked at her confused. He just thought that he might as well finish teaching her. “You are supposed to?” She nodded. “Yeah, Me and my friends are learning the dance. There are five of us and my original part was combining AJ and Dongho’s part but they changed it to your part with AJ’s part.” Eli laughed and smiled at her, entertained. She had a backstory too. “So you are the rapper of the group?” She laughed and shook her head. “We only do dance covers, not the singing parts. The music video plays behind us on the screen.”

                He really liked this dream. He sighed and leaned back against the arm of the couch. “You are quite an interesting dream.” He stood up and pulled her up by her hand. “Well, I better teach you my part then.” He smiled at her and realized that he was a good five or six inches taller than her. The top of her head was right in front of his lips. She was even the ideal height for him.

                He smiled and positioned her in front of him so they were facing the same way. “You said you have been learning this song, so show me what you know. I will do my choreography and say the words at a slow pace. Alright?” She nodded nervously. He began saying the words and watched as she awkwardly marched out the same way he went. They reached the part where they had to turn and put their arms up and their hips. Eli laughed as she curled up and hid her face instead of turning around.

                “What’s wrong? It’s only us here, nothing to be embarrassed about.” He kept thinking how cute she acted as she poked at the ground. “That’s why it’s embarrassing.” Eli bent down next to her. “I promise I won’t laugh at you.” He smiled and bit his lip a bit as she used her hair to make a wall between the two of them. “That’s not what I’m worried about.” Eli was slightly confused. He watched her suddenly stand up and tighten her fists. She reminded him of girls back in America.  

                She took a deep breath. “Alright, I won’t give up. I can do this.” Eli was still a bit confused but stood up, smiling. “Then get back into position.” She nodded and stood back in position. He started the lyrics again. They reached the turn and part again and suddenly he realized why she was embarrassed. The choreography was ing and only the two of them were there. He laughed.

                Jade turned towards him with a grumpy look on her face. “You said you wouldn’t laugh!!” He laughed again. “You said that wasn’t what you were worried about.” She pouted and he sighed. He wondered if she tried to be this cute or if she just naturally acted like this, and then remembered that this was a dream. “Let’s just do the chorus part then. With the foot work I showed you yesterday.” She nodded.

                He slowly sang the chorus and did the choreography together. He did it perfectly and hers was a little awkward but it was pretty good. He suddenly wanted to break the barrier they had and smiled and put his hand on her shoulder. “Let’s try the part with the body rolls and the knee movement.” She smiled and nodded. He kind of just wanted to see just how well she could move.

                He sang the words and slowly did the move as he watched her movements. She did the body roll part but forgot the knee movement. Eli stopped and bent down next to her leg. He put his hand on her knee and grabbed her calf; he blushed but shook it off. “Here, you have to move your knee like this.” He gently and slowly moved her leg while saying the lyrics. He looked up at her and saw she was blushing.

                He sat down on the floor and looked at her. “Now try that with the body roll.” She blushed more and took a deep breath. He watched as her blush suddenly disappeared and her face got a focused expression that he knew all too well. He smirked at seeing her transformation into a stage presence and started to say the words at normal speed. She did the moves exactly as he told her to. He was stunned at seeing her body move like that. His words slowed down and she slowed her pace, making it worse for him. “Eli?” she asked as the words stopped coming out all together.

                He stared at her with a blank expression and suddenly stood up. “This is a dream right?” Jade nodded. That was all the confirmation he needed. He nodded and walked up to her and put his hands on her sides and pulled her up into a kiss.  He hadn’t expected it to feel this real. He could actually feel how soft she was and could smell her scent for the first time. He hadn’t felt something like this awake or asleep for a long time. She rested her hands on his chest and he put his hands on her lower back and pulled her closer, he never wanted to let go.

                Suddenly he saw Kiseops face in one eye and suddenly sat up, smacking his head against the red headed boy who was hovering over him. Both of them fell to the sides, holding their heads. “Ouch! Kiseop! What the hell?” Kiseop sat up rubbing his forehead. “I’ve been trying to wake you up for like 10 minutes! I was making sure you weren’t dead!”

                Eli groaned and Dongho came into the room and laid on the bed in between the two of them and curled up. He was wearing his puppy kigurumi pajamas. Eli could hear him mumble something and rolled him over. “What?” Dongho’s eyes weren’t even open yet. “Did you dream about that girl? She didn’t make it to my dreams.” Kiseop was confused and sat up listening.

                He nodded. “She didn’t make it to your dream because she was in mine.” Dongho rolled back over onto his face as Kiseop leaned on his back. “Oooh! What girl?”