Eli Chapter 14

Unworldly Link

                AJ woke up Eli. “Get up we have to go practice again.” Eli groaned and sat up rubbing his head. AJ just stared at him. “You look like crap and you kept beating me up in your sleep…” Eli stared at him half asleep and confused. “There was nothing…” The other boy looked at him confused. “What?”

                Eli looked around the room like he was trying to process where he was. “I went to sleep and now I’m back here. Nothing in between…” AJ nodded sleepily. “Really?” he yawned and groaned “We really do need to go get ready for practice though.” They could hear the other members shuffling around.

                They spent all day preparing for the upcoming fan tour in Jeju. Eli was sort of confused and out of it all morning until Soohyun yelled at him to get it together. They didn’t get back to the dorm till late.

                Back at the dorm, Eli just sat in the living room and stared blankly at the turned off TV. Kiseop and Dongho sat on either side of him and he didn’t notice. The two looked at each other and then studied Eli’s face. He had looked confused all day.

                Dongho shrugged his shoulders and turned the TV on. Kiseop waved his hand in front of Eli’s face. “Yah… What is wrong with you? You looked confused all day.” Eli turned to look at his friend. “Last night I didn’t dream about anything.” Both boys were stunned. Dongho gasped. “What??! No more Jade??” Eli shrugged his shoulders.

                Kiseop pulled him into a hug. “It’s alright. I’m sure you will dream about her again.” AJ came into the living room and looked at the scene in front of him, amused. “What’s going on?” He said sitting on the floor.

                Dongho quickly replied. “Eli stopped dreaming about Jade!!” AJ nodded. “Yeah, he beat me up in his sleep instead…” he smiled. “We shouldn’t worry about it too much. It was just a dream. Eli isn’t crazy so he will be able to deal with it.” Eli nodded. He suddenly remembered that she was in fact just a dream and he had said so himself the day before and he will be fine. It would be just like it was before.

                Dongho and Kiseop glared at AJ. Kiseop patted Eli on the head. “That’s alright. We will be sad for you.” Eli laughed and pushed him away. “You guys just concentrate on the Jeju tour.” They both pouted but eventually all the boys were just watching TV. Eli kept zoning out.

                AJ suddenly got up and went off to his room. Eventually Eli got up and headed towards his own bedroom instead of AJ’s room. Hoon was on his computer on his bed and smiled when Eli came in. “Are you going to sleep? Want me to hit the lights?” He asked reaching for the light switch. He shook his head. “If you need the lights on you can keep them on.”

                He crawled into his bed. Soon Kiseop came sneaking into the room. Hoon watched as he tried to quietly crawl into Eli’s bed. Eli groaned. “I’m not asleep yet Kiseop…” Kiseop laughed and just plopped down on him. “I wanted to sleep in here with you guys.”

                Eli looked over at Hoon. “Why does everyone want to sleep with me lately?” Hoon laughed and shrugged his shoulders and put his headphones on and turned off the light. Eli rolled over and faced Kiseop. “Why do you want to sleep here?” The goofy boy grinned. “I wanna try and help you dream about Jade.”

                The bedroom door opened again and Dongho was standing there holding a puppy pillow pet. Eli automatically pointed at him. “You can sleep with Hoon. My bed is crowded!” Hoon sighed and put his laptop away as Dongho climbed into his bed.

                Eli sighed and said good night to everyone and fell asleep. Still dreaming of nothing.