Chapter 19

Unworldly Link

                Jade froze in place as she stared at Eli. Keji had already abandoned her and was introducing himself to the members of UKISS, spending extra time on talking to Kiseop. Jade couldn’t understand if he was hitting on him or not since he was talking to them in Korean. Shelby and Elle were giggling while staring at their frozen friend.

                Eli had blushed a bit and went back to looking at his phone and walked over to Dongho awkwardly. AJ grinned and walked directly over to Jade. “Hello! Nice to see you again.” He held out his hand for a handshake and she blinked a few times and looked up at him. “Sorry, what?” she said after realizing she hadn’t heard him speak at all. He just laughed a bit and grabbed her hand and shook it on his own. “I said it’s nice to see you again. You will be interviewing us right?” She smiled and nodded. AJ definitely was up to something.

                Abby suddenly clapped her hands loudly. “Alright, the cameras are all set up. Please take your places. UKISS, you will sit over here. Keji is fluent in Korean so he can translate the questions too.” Their manager told them the order to sit in. AJ was closest to where Keji and Jade would sit, then Eli, Soohyun, Dongho, Kiseop, Hoon and then Kevin was furthest away.

                Jade still hadn’t really moved much from where she had frozen in place. Elle quickly went and grabbed her shoulders and shuffled her over to the large ottoman and placed her down next to Keji. AJ was sitting in the chair right next to her and grinned at her again. Elle scooted in between her and the smiling UKISS member and pretended to be checking her face to see if she needed any touch ups for her non-existent makeup.

                Keji leaned over to Elle and whispered. “Is Jade going to be ok?” Elle nodded. “As soon as the camera is on, she will be calm and confident. Jade! Wake up! It’s show time.” Jade nodded and took a deep breath as Elle walked out of frame and closed her eyes.

                Since her eyes were closed she didn’t even notice that Eli kept looking at her. Keji on the other hand noticed immediately. AJ could feel the glares from his fellow member when she had smiled at him before. Eli really had no idea what to do. He didn’t feel like his usual confident self.

                Abby handed Jade and Keji a new set of cards. One of the cards was blank but had the magazines logo on it. “Keep this one behind the rest so the camera can see it.” She ran back behind the cameras. Cyrus pointed at them. “Alright we are rolling. Keji go.”

                Jade opened her eyes and smiled at the camera and her friends were all relieved to see her come back. Keji started reading off of his card. “Annyeong! I’m Keji from the Kpop café.” Jade popped in all bubbly. “and I’m Jade from the kpop café. We are here for Music Junkies magazine. This is a web exclusive interview with one of our all-time favorite kpop groups, UKISS!!”

                Eli suddenly realized that this was really his Jade and that’s why AJ has been acting weird. The members all started clapping as soon as they heard their name being introduced. Soohyun had elbowed Eli to get him clapping too.

                Keji grinned as he looked over at AJ. “Would you guys like to introduce yourselves?” Then he said the same thing over again in Korean for Soohyun, Hoon, Dongho and Kiseop. AJ smiled and waved at the camera. “Hello! I am UKISS’s AJ! It’s really great to be here and I think it will be a very fun interview!”

                Everyone looked at Eli, including Jade. She smiled at him and he stared at her a bit longer than he should have and Dongho had started giggling, snapping the older boy out of it. Eli waved at the camera. “Hey! I’m UKISS’s rapper Eli. I’m really glad to be here.” He said smiling and glancing over at Jade again.

                The rest of the members introduced themselves as well. After Kevin’s introduction, Jade read the first question. “So AJ, we understand that you asked for this interview personally. Is there a specific reason for that?” She smiled politely at him. AJ smiled and nodded. “I did ask for this interview myself. The first email I sent, even my managers didn’t know. I had asked one of the staff noonas to let me use her email. How did you know it was me?”

                Keji laughed. “You changed the Hangeul from her name to yours.” Everyone laughed at him. Eli kept glancing at Jade. She was trying so hard not to stare at him but she could feel his eyes on her. AJ nodded. “I didn’t think that you guys could catch that. I didn’t expect one of you to be fluent in Korean.”

                Keji grinned and looked over at Jade and went off the cards. “When I revealed it was your name and not a staff member, Jade almost died.” She stared at Keji with wide eyes and frantically looked over her cards for her response but she had none. The members of UKISS started laughing as he translated it for them. Kevin smiled and covered his mouth slightly with his hand. “Really? Is AJ her favorite member?”

                Keji immediately shook his head and replied. “No, she likes Eli best.” Jade lifted her cards and covered her face as the members laughed at AJ. He suddenly stood up. “Oh! Then here, Eli you sit next to her instead.”

                Eli’s eye grew wider as Jade started laughing awkwardly. AJ and Soohyun both pushed Eli so that he got up and sat in the chair next to her.

                Suddenly Dongho’s eyes went wide as he remembered the names of the people from Eli’s dreams. He patted Kiseop on the knee frantically and leaned over and whispered in his ear as he pointed to Jade and Keji. Then Kiseop looked like he had seen a ghost.

                Keji had noticed the two of them and asked them in Korean what was wrong. Dongho smiled awkwardly as Eli glared at him. Dongho whispered into Soohyun’s ear, he then looked shocked and whispered into AJ’s ear. AJ nodded with a grin on his face. “He just remembered that our Eli used to dream about a girl named Jade a lot.”

                Elle dropped her makeup stuff and Lizzie’s jaw dropped. Shelby covered and Keji started laughing. Jade stared at Eli shocked, this really was her Eli. He was glaring at AJ as if he was going to rip him apart. Keji nodded. “Jade used to dream about Eli every day too. One day it just suddenly stopped.”

                Eli’s head snapped towards her and they stared at each other for a moment before both blushing in unison. AJ translated for the other members. Suddenly Dongho and Kiseop jumped up and ran over to her excitedly asking her questions in Korean that she couldn’t understand.

                Now that Eli had no doubt about whom this girl in front of him was, he got up and started laughing while pulling the two boys away from her. “Sit down.” He said smiling at them. The two boys reluctantly went back to their seats. Jade was in an awkward position of where she looked like she was guarding herself with her legs. Eli laughed and smiled at her. “Let’s get on with the interview.”

                She nodded and smiled back at him. Now that she was 100% sure that he was the one from her dreams, she was much more comfortable. She grabbed her cards and started reading the next question. “Now that we have established who my favorite member is, let’s continue. So we heard that there will be some future sub-unit’s. You could tell us more about that?”

                Eli nodded and looked over at AJ. “Me and AJ have been working on some stuff and will be working on more music with just the two of us in the upcoming year.” AJ nodded. “Would you like to hear a bit of our song?” Keji and Jade looked over at Cyrus and then nodded. “Let’s hear it.” Keji said smiling.

                The two boys started singing the chorus to Party All the Time. They stopped before the verse started. Everyone who was on camera clapped for them. Keji smiled and nodded. “I can’t wait to hear the whole song! UKISS is known for their excellent choreography, do you think you could show us a bit?”

                As soon as the question was translated, Kiseop stood up as if on cue. Kevin leaned forwards. “Would you like to see some from our newest song Standing Still?” Jade smiled and nodded. “That would be great!”

                The members started singing the chorus to the song as Kiseop danced on his own towards the camera. After Kiseop sat back down, AJ clapped his hands together. “I heard that your kpop café has kpop shows as well and that you guys dance in them regularly! Do you know any UKISS songs?”

                They hadn’t added any UKISS songs officially into their shows yet. They were working on learning them but since Jade’s dreams stopped, they tended to avoid playing UKISS around her till recently. So she was still the only one who knew the dances entirely.

                Keji looked over at Eli and grinned “Jade is our UKISS expert. She learned DoraDora very quickly, almost as if she learned directly from one of you guys.” Eli coughed a bit and looked away.

                Kevin smiled innocently “Jade, would you be willing to show us?” She blushed a bit and looked over at her friends behind the camera. Cyrus gave a thumbs up. AJ laughed a bit and patted Eli’s leg. “How about you dance it with her so she doesn’t have to go alone?” He nodded and stood up, offering his hand to Jade. “Come on, don’t be shy. I know you can do this.”

                AJ smiled as Jade grabbed Eli’s hand and they both stood in front of the camera. “So whose part do you know? Eli’s part right?” She nodded and looked back at them. “I know everyone’s part.” The boys looked impressed. Keji smirked and explained. “Jade learns all the dances first and then teaches them to the rest of us. So she learns every member’s parts.” The boys looked even more impressed.

                AJ mumbled to Soohyun who nodded. “If you know everyone’s part, how about Kiseop dances with you too and you dance Kevin’s part?” Kiseop got up and the three of them got into position for the opening of the song. Shelby was in charge of starting the music and she pressed play.

                The boys clapped and cheered as she was able to dance the song just as well as if Kevin was actually the one out there. She just happened to be much shorter than the other two, which made it look a bit funny.

                After the first chorus, Shelby was told to stop the music. Kiseop clapped and gave Jade a double high-five. Eli decided to be brave and gave her a side hug. She immediately blushed and the members all oohed at him. He sat back down content with himself.

                Jade smiled as she took her seat again. “Since we revealed who my favorite member was, Kiseop, did you know that you are Keji’s favorite member? He is your number one fanboy!” Keji burst out laughing and wasn’t able to translate. Kiseop had heard his name and was very curious so Eli translated for him. He laughed and nodded, remembering that he had been told that before.

                They had eventually gotten back to the stuff on the cards and went through the rest of the interview without any more embarrassing moments. Both Jade and Eli couldn’t wait for the interview to get over with so that they could actually ask the other one if they were the one they were looking for. The interview finally ended around 1am.

                Abby and Lizzie turned off all the cameras as Cyrus talked with the managers about what parts to cut out and edit. The managers told UKISS that they had free time now and that they shouldn’t stay up too late since they had a schedule tomorrow and had to get on a flight in the evening.

                As soon as the members were let off the hook, they all swarmed Eli, asking him questions in both English and Korean about if this was the same Jade.

                Jade was dragged away by Shelby and Keji. Elle and Lizzie gathered around too. Elle was shocked. “You mean you really were dreaming about him!! It was all real??!” Jade looked out through a gap between Elle and Keji’s heads and saw Eli was going through the same thing with s.

                Eli saw her looking at him from inside the group of her friends and smiled and winked at her. She felt her familiar butterflies come flooding back. She took a deep breath as she bit her lip slightly. “Yeah, he is my Eli, definitely.”

                After the managers had left with Cyrus and Abby to do more paperwork, AJ grabbed Eli and dragged him away from the other pestering members and dragged him over towards Jade. He grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the grasp of her friends as well. He took a deep breath and shoved the both of them into the bedroom and closed the door behind them. “I did not go through all of this for you two to just look at each other and not know. You both really exist, now talk about it.”

                Eli and Jade smiled awkwardly at each other. He pushed some of her hair behind her ear. “You didn’t have glasses on in our dreams.” She nodded and smiled. “I don’t sleep in them.” He nodded and leaned a bit closer. “Makes sense…” She her bottom lip lightly. “Do you like them?” He smirked as he leaned closer so that he could whisper in her ear. “Yeah, you make me tingle tingle.”

                He pulled her against him and kissed her firmly on the lips before she could laugh at him. Jade felt like she was about to melt. Eli didn’t pull away, instead he deepened the kiss. It had been two months since they had seen each other last. Jade wrapped her arms around his neck and ran one of her hands into his blonde hair.

                They eventually had to pull apart to breathe. Eli just rested his head against her forehead. “I thought I had made you up.” He whispered. If she didn’t know any better, it sounded like he was going to cry. She nodded. “I thought I was going crazy…”

                The door knob started to turn and Eli glared daggers as Keji and AJ stuck their heads in. Keji smirked “I see that this is confirmed. No one was crazy!” AJ laughed and the two boys high fived each other. Jade burst out laughing as Eli yelled “Yah!! I will kick this door shut on your faces!”

                Keji turned and yelled that it was confirmed that the dreams were real. AJ laughed and closed the door. Eli ran over and locked it. He smiled at his girl that he finally got back. “You will be annoyed a lot now. I hope you don’t mind.” She smirked and bit her lip. “I don’t mind. Kiseop will be in danger of Keji though. Don’t let him go to the pool unsupervised with him.” He laughed and nodded. “Note taken.”

                He walked back slowly. “So…” he grabbed her by the waist again. “Where were we?” Jade put her hand up to his face and lightly touched his eyebrow piercing. “I thought I was going crazy.” He smiled sweetly. “I wonder what we will dream now.” She smiled and shrugged her shoulders. “I’m not sure that I’m not dreaming right now.”

                Eli laughed and moved his hand down to her hip and pulled her phone out of her pocket. “Here.” He put his phone number into her contacts and texted his own phone. “Now you have evidence that I’m real.” She grinned when she saw that he put a heart next to his own name in her phone and he had texted himself a heart. “You are so cheesy.” She said as she took his phone away to put her more detailed contact info in and took a selca for the contact photo.

                Eli thought that he would explode at how happy and relieved he was right now. “Don’t disappear from me again…” She whispered just barely loud enough for him to hear. He pulled her against him and rested his head on top of hers. “Never.”