Eli Chapter 13

Unworldly Link

                After practicing all morning, they were given a break for lunch. AJ asked Eli to come eat with him alone. AJ’s manager had informed him that he was to be put on a diet and could eat mostly plain chicken . AJ kept poking at his boring food and sighed. Eli laughed at him and ate his own food. AJ smiled and stared intently at Eli for a moment. “So, you slept normal. You moved around less than you used to. Otherwise, it’s the same. Did you dream about her last night too?”

                Eli nodded. “Yeah, the set changed to the Distance set. Oh, I was wondering what you think about the fact that there is this guy named Cyrus who keeps trying to date her when she is awake. She has a whole life. Today she supposedly has a photo shoot for that Cyrus guys magazine.” AJ chewed his food thoughtfully. “She’s a model?” Eli smiled a little. AJ recognized that as a smile of a guy talking about their girlfriend. “She only models some times. Her actual job is at a kpop café where they dance kpop covers and teach people about it.”

                AJ nodded and continued eating as Eli continued to talk about Jade and her friends. He looked really happy to be telling him about her. He didn’t leave anything out. AJ had already finished his lunch before Eli had gotten to last night’s dream.

                Eli suddenly realized that he had been talking for a lot longer than he intended. “Sorry… I rambled.” AJ laughed at him. “That’s fine. At least now I know everything that you know.” Eli laughed and pointed at him. “You don’t know everything. Some of the things we did are personal and it would be weird to tell you about that.” AJ burst out laughing, causing some people to turn and look at them. “Now, I know everything.”

                They got up and headed back to the practice room. AJ looked around to make sure there was no one around. “So, you have a ually active relationship in your sleep?” Eli punched the taller boy in the arm. “Shut up, I told you its personal.” AJ smirked as they got back to the room.

                Soohyun sighed. “You two took forever to get back!” AJ laughed and glanced over at one of the managers in the room. “Eli wouldn’t shut up about… you know…” The members all nodded and laughed as Eli punched his friend again.

                The choreographer came in and the boys all went back to practicing.

                That night, back at the dorms, AJ once again was asking Eli more questions. “Have you ever tried searching for her?” Eli shook his head. “I heard that your dreams can’t create a face that you have never seen. So I bet somewhere there is someone who looks like her, but she wouldn’t be Jade, just someone who looks like her.” The psychology major nodded. “That’s true. From what you told me earlier, she has given you a lot of information that could be used to search for her.” Eli sighed and laid down. “Yeah I know. I kind of don’t want to find her. I don’t think I would be able to realize that the person I saw would not have the memories I have. I am happy how we are now. I have a girlfriend, and I can keep my fans. It’s perfect.”

                AJ nodded. Eli realized that he was now thinking in the same ways that Kiseop and Dongho had been at the beginning. He sighed at himself for thinking like them. AJ was messing with his phone and smiled. Eli was curious. “What?” AJ shook his head “Just my twitter.”

                Eli laid out on AJ’s bed. “I’m tired, is it late enough to go to sleep?” He shook his head and showed him the time on his phone, it was only 8pm. Eli groaned and rolled over, hanging his head off the bed.

                AJ suddenly stood up and went directly to his laptop. Eli glanced up curiously. “What are you doing? Twitter again?” He just nodded without looking away from his screen. “You can go to sleep on my bed if you want. I will keep the others out.”

                Eli laughed and stood up. “You are being weird, I will be back.” He went and took a shower and came back. AJ had locked his computer and climbed back into the bed. Eli looked at him confused. “You’re weird… Scoot over.” He said as he plopped onto the bed across AJ’s legs.

                AJ laughed and kicked him a couple times. “I’m not the one dating my brain, weirdo.” Eli laughed and hit him with the pillow before climbing under the blankets. “Shut up and let me go to sleep.”              AJ laughed and turned off the light, leaving only the light from the computer monitor.

                Soon Eli fell asleep. There was nothing.