Eli Chapter 18

Unworldly Link

                They made their way on stage and faced away from the audience as the music for Neverland began playing. Eli had performed this many times and made no mistakes. He sometimes had flashes of memories from the times he dreamed about the Neverland set with Jade but he pushed the thoughts out of his head so he could concentrate on performing.

                After the first song, they did their usual self introductions and he felt ecstatic at how loud the screams for him were. He loved being on stage for his fans more than anything.

                The next song was Standing Still and as usual, he performed it flawlessly. He noticed AJ was winking at the audience. He figured he should probably turn up the fan service himself as well.

                It was time for them to talk to the audience again. Eli felt really warm so as Hoon and Soohyun were singing bits of their solo songs, he walked over to the side of the stage and handed off his coat to one of the staff. On his way back, he looked at the front row and he couldn’t believe his eyes. He swore that Jade was standing there and staring at him. It looked like she had been crying. His eyes opened wide and he almost walked right into Dongho. Kevin started singing a part of My Reason and Soohyun and Hoon followed by singing parts of Missing You. He kept looking back at the girl. He was waiting for her to disappear, but she didn’t.

                Suddenly AJ grabbed him and started talking about Party All The Time. Eli snapped out of it and got back into performance mode. The two of them went out onto the catwalk and started singing parts of their song. They reached out into the crowd. He dragged his hands across the out reached hands on his way back to the main stage. As soon as he reached her, Eli couldn’t make eye contact with her, instead he just dragged his thumb across the back of her hand and had to resist full on grabbing her hand. He mentally told himself that his Jade lived in America and couldn’t be here.

                He got into formation for the next song, 0330, and he caught his gaze going over towards the girl who looked shockingly like Jade. He couldn’t stop himself.

                Their next song was Someday and he had to stand on the opposite side of the stage than where the girl was. He took this time to try and get his head straight. That was not Jade. It was just some girl who looks exactly like her.

                Believe was next in the lineup and he saw the girl and the guy next to her dancing and singing excitedly. He thought he would be jealous of the tall boy, but he wasn’t. He realized that there was a male photographer who was taking pictures of the girl and her friends instead of them on stage. He was kind of mad at that guy. By the end of the song he had told himself it was irrational to be jealous of a photographer for taking photos of a pretty girl.

                Luckily for his anger, the final song was Manmanhani. He loved seeing the girl and her friends dance to one of his songs. It made him feel very proud, more than usual. It was time for them all to go out onto the catwalk and he wanted to grab her hand again but she didn’t put her hand out this time, instead she just held it close to her chest.

                They left the stage and their managers immediately ushered them away to the back room. He was kind of in a daze as the stylists started to help wipe off the sweat on their faces. One of the coordi-noona’s asked “You guys have another interview today right? Should we fix them up for it?” The manager was inspecting them when AJ spoke up. “Oh! I found out that they are staying at the same hotel as us! I ran into one of them yesterday. Why don’t we just do the interview there?”

                The manager thought for a moment before nodding. “Yeah, let’s just do a comfortable hotel interview.” He pointed at another one of the managers. “Ask the hotel to get us an empty room for an interview.” The second manager nodded and immediately got on his phone as the first manager left to go find the interviewers.

                The other members were looking at AJ confused. Soohyun sat down and pointed at him. “Since when do you know what our interviewers look like?” AJ just laughed and looked over at Eli who was chugging down a water bottle, “Because I invited this magazine to interview us. It’s an American magazine called Music Junkies.” Eli about drowned himself as he choked up the water.

                Kiseop and Dongho helped Eli begin breathing normally again as the manager came back and explained that they needed to get ready to head back to the hotel. Everyone started wandering around making sure that they all had everything and the members headed to the van with the manager.

                Eli sat next to Hoon in the van, staring at the back of AJ’s head for the entire ride back to the hotel. Hoon just kept staring between the two of them. Kiseop was asking a million questions to AJ about the magazine but it seemed like he didn’t really know anything about it.

                At the hotel, the manager told them to all head back to their rooms and change out of their stage outfits but to still look nice. Eli and Kevin followed behind AJ all the way back to the room. Eli elbowed Kevin lightly. “I told you that he was acting weird today.” Kevin nodded in agreement. “It is weird, even for him.” AJ laughed as they reached the door. “I can hear you guys still.” Eli smiled “Good!” Kevin burst out laughing as AJ opened the door.

                Kevin ran into the bathroom first and AJ started going through his suitcases trying to decide what to wear. Eli sighed and leaned next to the bathroom door. “Hurry up Kevin!! I need to pee!” AJ looked over at him as he was changing his clothes “What are you going to wear for the interview? I think you should dress like it’s a date. It would look good in a hotel room photo shoot.” Eli nodded. “I will figure it out…” he pounded on the door. “after Kevin hurries up!!”

                They heard Kevin laughing as the sink . “I’m hurrying!” He came shuffling out of the bathroom and started scouring his own clothes. Eli quickly went into the bathroom and could hear Kevin agreeing about looking like they were going on a date.

                By the time he got out of the bathroom, AJ had already left the room and Kevin was tying a bowtie over a collared shirt underneath a sweater. He grinned at him “Hurry up or you will be late. The manager wants us to hurry. It’s in suite 408.” Eli nodded as he quickly found a t-shirt, jeans and a suit jacket to wear over it.

                He finished changing as Kevin was about to leave. “I will be right there after I find my phone!” Kevin smiled and nodded. “Well be quick about it!”

                It took Eli a bit to find his phone and he ran after Kevin, but missed the elevator. He sighed and waited for the next one to come. Luckily for him, the second one was only 30 seconds after the first one. He started checking twitter while in the elevator and saw AJ’s tweet. “That’s odd…” he mumbled as the doors opened and he saw the rest of s go into a room. Dongho was laughing at him for missing the elevator.

                Eli pouted at the maknae from down the hallway and took his time walking, just to make the younger boy have to go in without him. He laughed when Dongho closed the door behind him.

                He got to the door while still checking his phone and he opened the door. “Sorry I’m late! I couldn’t find my…” He paused as he looked up and saw the girl who looked exactly like Jade from the concert. He couldn’t control his hands and almost dropped his phone. He couldn’t believe it and barely finished his sentence. “phone…”

                AJ smiled as he watched Eli’s reaction.