Eli Chapter 17

Unworldly Link

                In the morning Eli got out of the shower last and a manager was yelling into the room for them to hurry up. AJ was already dressed and was helping a shirtless Kevin find his sunglasses. Eli ran around in his towel trying to find his clothes to change into. Kevin put his own shirt on as AJ found the missing sunglasses. AJ left the room first once the manager called for him. Kevin was busy tying his shoes as Eli put on boxers and pants while frantically drying his hair.

                “Eli! Hurry up we need to get to the concert. You shouldn’t have slept so late!” Kevin said as he looked at the clock and it was almost 11am. Eli yelled over the rushing air of the blow dryer. “You guys could have woken me up!!” Kevin laughed as he threw a shirt at Eli. “Hurry up. The hair people can finish drying your hair once we get there.”

                He put away the blow dryer and quickly put the shirt on that Kevin had tossed at him. He pulled some socks on and slid into his shoes without tying them and ran out the door after Kevin.

                Once in the van he finally tied his shoes and Dongho was sitting behind him. “Hyung, your hair is still half wet.” He said as he noticed and petted the back of his head as if to check on his own.  Eli sighed “I know… I woke up late.” The younger boy laughed “Did she come back?” Eli groaned a bit, shaking his head and reaching into his pocket. He realized he left his phone in the room but the van had already left.

                UKISS arrived early at the concert venue and were immediately put into hair and makeup. While getting ready Eli kept staring into space. AJ sat next to him and patted his knee. “What’s up Eli? You look a bit out of it.” Eli nodded. “I can’t stop thinking about that girl at the pool. Why would I imagine an American girl while in Malaysia?” AJ just pulled out his phone and nodded. “It’s simple. You miss her.”

                Eli groaned a bit and covered his face with the cushion he was leaning on. Suddenly one of the make-up artists started to yell at him and pulled him away from AJ to fix his makeup again. AJ laughed at him and opened up twitter on his phone and tweeted “I am looking for a specific group of people with press passes. Take a selca with as many attractive press people as you can and show me!” He grinned to himself. “I wonder if they will find them…”

                Eli came back from makeup and he had his stage outfit on now as well. He sat back down next to AJ. “So, are you still not dreaming about anything?” the younger boy asked. Eli shook his head. “Nothing at all, still just darkness.” He nodded. “I think you will get over it soon.”

                Their managers came in and gathered all the boys together to go to their press conference. One of the managers started talking as they headed down the hallway. “Now the interview is in English and is only about 15 minutes so Eli, Kevin, AJ, you guys do most of the talking and try to translate for Soohyun, Hoon and Kiseop. Dongho, you should be able to understand on your own right?” The youngest boy nodded as they arrived at the place with all the press.

                After the press conference, they kept looking around except for Eli. The boys were all trying to see if they could spot the Backstreet Boys. Eli was a bit distracted. Soon, they spotted them coming down for their interview. All the artists were staying put for photos after all the interviews. UKISS was going to be taking photos with Demi Lovato and the Backstreet Boys.

                Once all the interviews were over, they all had to go back out for the photos. They finished those easily and they chatted with the Backstreet Boys for a bit and took a picture for twitter. Then the older group was called away by their managers.

                Eli noticed AJ checking his phone a lot while the other members were still fanboying over meeting their heroes. “Hey, what are you doing?” he asked. AJ turned his screen dark on his phone. “I was checking fan selcas from the kissmes who will be watching.” He said grinning. Eli nodded suspiciously and walked over to Kevin. “Kevin, AJ is being weird again…” Kevin laughed and shrugged his shoulders.

                Their managers led them to a room where they could wait for their turn on stage to come. The members were quietly warming up and practicing. Eli noticed that AJ seemed to check his phone almost every 10 minutes. He really wanted to see if AJ had tweeted something but he had left his phone in the hotel room this morning.

                AJ started grinning at his phone and Eli was going to try and see what he was looking at but the show staff came in and started getting them set up with mics and ushered them outside towards the stage.

                Backstage, Eli finally got to AJ. “Will you tell me why you are being so weird?” AJ nodded. “There are specific people in the audience who are very important, so do your best!!” Eli glanced at him awkwardly as AJ grabbed his shoulders. “I mean it! Kill it out there!!” Eli just nodded in agreement as the stage lights turned off and the screen , showing their UKISS logo.