Jade Chapter 17

Unworldly Link

                The next morning, everyone was over their jet lag and Jade was still freaking out over AJ seeing her in her swimsuit. Abby was eating breakfast across the lobby table from her. “Technically, the first time he saw you, you were in a swimsuit too. You wore it for our photo shoot. It’s nothing new to him.” Keji started laughing “That sounds kind of creepy. What if AJ asked us here just so he could hit on Jade? How are you going to tell him that you like Eli more than him?”

                Jade was once again choking, this time on her food. Cyrus came down from his room and was the last one to join them. It was already almost noon. He sat down next to Abby. “Who was teasing Jade this time?” he asked as he ate some grapes off of his assistants’ plate. Keji raised his hand a bit as he continued eating. Elle and Lizzie were looking around intently to try and see if they could spot UKISS anywhere.

                Jade managed breathing again and excused herself from the table. “I need to go figure out what to wear to the concert. Abby, don’t we need to be there at 4:30?” Abby nodded and pressed her glasses up a bit. “Yeah. The gates open for public access at 5 so as press; we need to be there at 4:30.” Jade nodded and went back up to the hotel room.

                By the time Shelby had made it up to the room, the older girl had emptied out her entire suitcase over the two beds and was sitting cross legged on the floor, cleaning her glasses. “I have no idea what to wear. I was about to empty your suitcase too…” Shelby quickly went over to her suitcase and hugged it. “Hold up! We don’t even wear the same sizes!” Jade plopped over onto her face and flailed around. Keji came in and immediately laughed at what he saw.

                The older girl immediately sat up and grinned at Keji. “Keji!! We wear the same size clothes!! Bring me your suitcase!” He left the room without stopping laughing. Jade went back to putting her face into the carpet.

                Soon Keji really did come back with his suitcase. “So I ran into Abby in the hallway and she says that Cyrus needs to see us all right now. It’s about how this article is going to go.” Jade and Shelby followed Keji into his room and Cyrus was sitting there cleaning all of his camera equipment with Abby. “Oh you guys are here.” Lizzie and Elle came in right after them. “So this article, we think it would be best to be a follow up to your first article. About you guys getting to go across the world to see some of your idols in person. So you won’t have to worry about taking pictures during the show. Me and Abby will be taking pictures of your reactions during the UKISS performance today and the 2NE1 performance tomorrow.”

                Lizzie, Elle and Shelby all felt relieved. They had no idea how to use all of this fancy camera equipment. Keji smiled. “So, what about during the press conference?” Cyrus nodded and pulled some papers out of one of the camera bags. “Only Abby will be at the main press conference for UKISS because last night I got an email that the magazine has an exclusive interview with UKISS after that. You guys will have to miss seeing the last part of Demi Lovato performing though.” That didn’t affect any of them.

                Jade took the paper from Cyrus and saw the time stamp. It was well after AJ saw her at the pool. She shoved the paper in Keji’s face. “Does this say the actual staffs name or does it say AJ’s name again…” Keji smirked as he read the paper. “I’m sorry.” He paused and laughed a bit as she glared at the paper, willing herself to read Hangul. “It’s the actual staff this time.” She sighed and sat on the floor. “I think I’m going to have an aneurism before we even get there…”

                Cyrus laughed “So during the interview, I want Jade and Keji to be the ones to ask the questions. We are going to film it and add it to the web site.” Jade laid on the floor, giving up on life. Abby looked at Cyrus confused. “Why only those two?” He sighed and looked at her. “They were the two most popular from the feedback on their article.” Lizzie laughed and nodded. “Makes sense, they have the most fans out of us all at work too.” Jade stood up and sighed. “I need to go raid Keji’s suitcase now… Is that everything?” Cyrus nodded and continued preparing his equipment.

                She immediately ped Keji’s suitcase. “Why does a boy have better clothes than me…?” Keji laughed as he opened the door. “Because I’m fabulous.” She looked back at him. “You went shopping before we left didn’t you…” He grinned and nodded.

                Shelby came in as Jade was digging through the gay boys clothes. “Well, I will take a shower first then…” She took her entire suitcase into the bathroom with her, out of Jades grasp.

                Keji took the suit case away from her. “I will help you choose… Grab your white skinny jeans.” She ran around the room trying to find them and she tossed them to Keji. He shoved all of her clothes off the bed and laid the pants down and started looking into his suitcase. He pulled out a long sleeve visual kei style sweater that looked like half the yarn was missing and had patches sewn on the parts that were still there. He smiled “There we go. Wear this.” She looked at him confused. “It’s see through… I can’t just walk around like that.” He laughed and nodded. “Right… Grab a white tank top?”

                She stared at the outfit. “I don’t want to wear this…” She dug through her clothes again and found a pair of leggings that were black and had sheer belted patterns on the front half. She dug through Keji’s shirts and found a tank top that had a black and white American flag print covering the whole thing and then ran to Lizzies room, coming back with a long vest that was dark green and had a lot of large pockets and a hood on it. The vest reached to her knees. She decided on her gray leopard print high-tops as well. “This is what I will wear!” she said staring at it intently. “I think…”

                Keji stopped her and piled the outfit into her arms. “Go put this on and then stop worrying about it!” She looked at him confused. “Shelby is still in the shower…” He nodded. “Right… Then let’s shove all your clothes back into your suitcase!” The two of them put away all of Jades clothes as they waited for Shelby to finish in the shower.

                Eventually everyone was prepared to head down to the venue. Cyrus and Abby got the press badges from the staff and handed them out to everyone. Abby sighed as she pinned Cyrus’s badge on for him. “No one lose any of these. They are what allow us inside and we will be kicked out if you lose one. It is very important.” Everyone nodded as they split up inside the area. It was an outdoor concert so there was a lot of space to wander around. Only Abby and Cyrus had duties to do any reporting, the rest of them were free to do as they pleased.

                Jade and Keji stuck together and once the gates opened to the public, people started asking to take pictures with them. After taking pictures with a random group of high school girls, Jade leaned over to Keji. “Why do they keep asking for our pictures?” Keji shrugged his shoulders and looked at his press pass. “It very clearly says press on these…” he said as another teenage girl came and asked for a photo. Before she could run away embarrassed like the rest, Keji stopped her. “Excuse me? Why do so many people want to take pictures with us?”

                The girl blushed really red and wasn’t able to look him in the face. “Aren’t you the ones that AJ from UKISS is looking for?” Jade groaned and put her forehead on Keji’s shoulder as he burst out laughing. “What do you mean?” The girl pulled out her phone and opened twitter, showing a tweet from AJ “I am looking for a specific group of people with press passes. Take a selca with as many attractive press people as you can and show me!”

                Both Jade and Keji sighed and nodded to the girl. “I’m pretty sure we are…” He let her go as she ran away excitedly. Jade pulled out her phone to text everyone else the news as Keji sighed and fixed his hair a bit. “Today is going to be a long day…”

                A few hours later and a lot of photos later, everyone met up near the press tents. Cyrus was getting his lenses prepared as Abby started telling everyone else what to do. “Now even though we have press badges, we want you guys to be on the audience side of the barrier while UKISS is performing. Try for first or second row of people. Cyrus and I will be taking photos of you guys as well as UKISS on stage. Feel free to watch the concert without worrying about specific posing, but please don’t forget that you are on camera and even though it may be hard, please control your faces.”

                Everyone immediately looked at Jade. She sighed and nodded. “I will control my feels.” The music from the current act stopped and they could hear them saying their thanks and good byes. Cyrus put his camera around his neck and handed Abby another camera. “Alright, let’s do this! We can walk in the gap for photographers between the stage and the barrier, so we can let you guys in where it would be best for us image wise.”

                The stage had a catwalk section that went out into the crowd. Cyrus put them in the corner between the front of the stage and the catwalk. Some of the people around them started to complain. Keji and Jade turned to apologize and it turned out to be one of the groups of high school girls who took pictures with them earlier. They immediately said it was alright and started speaking in a different language to each other excitedly. Since Jade was the shortest of all of them, they put her directly in the corner of the barriers, only a foot from the stage, as Cyrus scooted the others around so that he would be able to get all of their faces in the shots.

                Suddenly the stage lights went off and UKISS’s logo showed up on screen.